PDA

View Full Version : main and cross breaking at the same time?

randomname
02-19-2009, 10:08 PM
A friend brought me a racquet that someone else strung and he had broken a main and cross at the same time. I havnt ever seen or heard of this happening so we both thought that the last stringer might have done something wrong. The only reason it might just be a coincidence because he used poly in the mains and synthetic in the crosses. so is this a coincidence or did the last stringer mess up?

jamauss
02-19-2009, 10:12 PM
If the 2 strings were notching on eachother this isn't that uncommon at all. One time I had 2 mains and 2 crosses break on me in one big shank. :lol: I'm curious though as to why you are so fast to think of blaming the stringer or thinking it's their fault.. ?

ODYSSEY Mk.4
02-19-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm curious though as to why you are so fast to think of blaming the stringer or thinking it's their fault.. ?

we always get the short end of the stick :/
but regarding the question, its just a matter of wear on the strings and the shot that puts it over the edge..

bwaid88
02-20-2009, 06:03 AM
i string hybrids like this all the time (poly and syn gut). in my experience the poly is much more durable and only the gut will break. just like the other guy said there must have been a notch on the poly as well.

randomname
02-20-2009, 07:47 AM
If the 2 strings were notching on eachother this isn't that uncommon at all. One time I had 2 mains and 2 crosses break on me in one big shank. :lol: I'm curious though as to why you are so fast to think of blaming the stringer or thinking it's their fault.. ?

It's because the guy came up to me and specifically asked if that was the last stringer's fault and I had no idea, it made sense to me because I havn't seen that happen before.