PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Thomson (Talk,Infos,Videos) ***

Pages : [1] 2

Cl1ntrock
02-20-2009, 02:05 AM
adgjhdfvjugchkjg

breadstick
02-20-2009, 02:43 AM
If the time came, would you play for Australia or Germany.

Best of luck with your career :).

dexian
02-20-2009, 03:24 AM
Man, have you recovered from your injury yet?

Sup2Dresq
02-20-2009, 04:07 AM
Best of luck on the tour.

Enjoyed the videos. A very nice backhand.

Fedace
02-20-2009, 04:14 AM
Why not get a Facebook while at it. Lots of tennis players networking in there..

_maxi
02-20-2009, 05:03 AM
He is in Facebook, I just sent a friend request :)

Thanks for posting here Clint, I really appreciate that.

Lotto
02-20-2009, 05:09 AM
You're 25 in November, yeah? Ever think you'll win a grand slam???

roddickfan90
02-20-2009, 09:17 AM
good luck with your career, wat was the score between u and melzer.

Shangri La
02-20-2009, 09:25 AM
What racquet and setup do you use and do you have a pj on it ; ) ?

Best of luck with your career.

MajinX
02-20-2009, 10:30 AM
haha pretty cool, a person who actually plays tennis for a living is on the forum. so if u didnt injure urself or when playing at ur strandard lvl what rank do u think u r and what player from the top 50 do u think ur style is close to.

ESP#1
02-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Good luck to you this season, btw i see you used to play with the pro tour 630, how did you like it? how does it compare to other racquets you've used?

thanks bro

MichaelChang
02-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Hi Clinton, I've been wondering about this, I hope you can help:

when a pro have a match scheduled on a day, say at 3pm.
At what time do they eat food? And what time do they start warmup, and how much warmup do they usually do? (eg, do they play a warmup set?)

Thank you!

saram
02-20-2009, 01:41 PM
What racquet and setup do you use and do you have a pj on it ; ) ?

Best of luck with your career.

Look through this thread. His current info and what is under his PJ is here for you to read.

Cl1ntrock
02-20-2009, 02:08 PM
cchmvrhbbvgg

SaunderS
02-20-2009, 02:15 PM
What age did you start playing tennis, Clint?

helloworld
02-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Can you put a video on youtube saying that Cl1introck on TW is really you? That way nobody will have doubt whether you're really the guy or not.

oneguy21
02-20-2009, 02:26 PM
You got a nice backhand. You should really post these kinds of threads under tips/instruction or adult league and tournament.

Hot Sauce
02-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Which grand slam are you going to win first?

DennisK
02-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Cool thread. Look forward to the updates. :)

Thanks for taking the time and effort Clinton.

DoubleDeuce
02-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Hey Clint, good to have you here.

Q: if you were given a chance to play against current #1 and #2, which one would you be your choice? And why.

Cl1ntrock
02-20-2009, 02:45 PM
..........()67(;;;

Cl1ntrock
02-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Fed ..he Is And Will Be A Legend...would Love To Have A Great Day Against Him Ripping Backhands On Center Court..would Love To Know What Commentary Would Say...nice Dream Right There\\

GOOD NIGHT

oneguy21
02-20-2009, 02:57 PM
It's pretty cool that there's a touring pro on these threads.

What's your best shot btw? And what's your equipment set up? I'm sure you use some kind of poly right?

drake
02-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Clint,

I see you're friends with Phau. Did you catch the USO Phau vs Nadal. That was superb tennis. Bjorn has your backhand!

Staiger
02-20-2009, 03:16 PM
I heard the BUNDESLIGA is a pretty tough event with alot of promising players coming through.
where will you be heading off next for your futures event !

f1 tech
02-20-2009, 03:37 PM
nice thread, subscribe

saram
02-20-2009, 04:32 PM
It's pretty cool that there's a touring pro on these threads.

What's your best shot btw? And what's your equipment set up? I'm sure you use some kind of poly right?

Why not read what he has already taken the time to write? He already broke EVERYTHING down about his stick and that of Davydenko and Novak. Come on...The guy is kind enough to come here and share with us and we should be considerate enough to read what he writes instead of asking him for information he has already shared.

Tennis360
02-20-2009, 05:17 PM
This is cool. This thread should be in "Sticky". Thanks again, clint for all the info. so nice to have you here, really appreciate all your comments.

Tennis_Monk
02-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Hey Clint..thank you so much. You just made another fan for you....Me.

Btw i (most of us here) would like to play/hit with you once.
(hopefully we dont need to get on ATP tour)

Gugafan
02-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Hey clint thanks alot for your input on your equipment. I myself currently use the FXP prestige MP, and wanted to know if you use the stock Head shaped handle or do you change the pallets. I hear many pros and amateurs dislike the shape of the Head handles.

Furthermore, is SPPP the string choice you enjoyed best in this stick.

Thanks, and good luck with your rise up the rankings.

saram
02-20-2009, 06:47 PM
This is cool. This thread should be in "Sticky". Thanks again, clint for all the info. so nice to have you here, really appreciate all your comments.

Yeah, this thread really is 'sticky worthy'...

Hint, hint...KK..mods...anyone of importance reading this with the 'godly' skills of making this a sticky :)

saram
02-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Clint,

I have a question if you will take the time to answer it:

What is your physio like? Do you hit the weight room, run outside of tennis, etc? I noted one image on myspace showed you with a heart rate monitor. Do you hit with one or was that following a run?

I think that most of us get a ton of information here as to what the pros like you hit with and their equipment--but not many of us get insight as to the physical conditioning regime of a professional tennis player.

I, for one, would love to know any information you are willing to share in regards to fitness and workouts.

Thanks in advance!

RoddickAce
02-20-2009, 07:07 PM
I wish you success in your goals!:) And thanks for taking your time to post here!

ESP#1
02-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Wow mad cool of you to answer all our questions

thanks bro, we're all pulling for ya:)

cucio
02-20-2009, 10:25 PM
About making this a sticky, I share my fellow posters' excitement about having Clint around, but it would be understandable that the guy will get tired and drop the thread after a while, especially if he climbs up the rankings and begins to have a more hectic schedule (or if this thread keep attracting the kind of sad losers who have nothing to say but "you are not a slam winner, nyah nyah!" - if it was my forum you would have a ban stick up your posterior already, kids.)

Let's wait and see. If after a couple of months he keeps updating once or twice a week I'll be the first one to push for stickiness.

ESP#1
02-20-2009, 11:01 PM
I noticed you had the same problems with the microgel prestige mp, its not nearly as good as the mid, it vibrates like crazy and has a really low swing weight, i bought it cause i thought it would be like the mid but with a bigger head size, i was sadly mistaken, so im back to using i prestiges and pt 630s

anyway let us know how you like the speed pro, we look forward to hearing about it

ckthegreek
02-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Cl1ntrock is great to have you. One observation/suggestion though: Lose the capitals please!

:)

AndrewD
02-21-2009, 01:49 AM
Clint,

1. What sort of restrictions are there on foreign players in the Bundesliga (number in a club, etc) ?

2. How did you get to play there? Did you have to approach the club or were you recruited?

3. Who does the recruiting of players ?

4. How do you organise your individual playing schedule around club commitments ?

5. What sort of benefits do you get, apart from the competition?

6. What recommendations would you have for anyone who was interested in playing there?

Steve F.
02-21-2009, 02:21 AM
Clint,

I have a question if you will take the time to answer it:

What is your physio like? Do you hit the weight room, run outside of tennis, etc? I noted one image on myspace showed you with a heart rate monitor. Do you hit with one or was that following a run?

I think that most of us get a ton of information here as to what the pros like you hit with and their equipment--but not many of us get insight as to the physical conditioning regime of a professional tennis player.

I, for one, would love to know any information you are willing to share in regards to fitness and workouts.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for opening this thread, Clint.

I'd esp appreciate any stretching/strengthening work you do on your hitting shoulder/core to enhance flexibilty/strength on the backhand and follow through.

Also, any explosive movement drills you find helpful.

lonestar
02-21-2009, 03:30 AM
Very nice thread Clint.

Good luck on the tour.

And BTW: Beautiful backhand!!!

Lotto
02-21-2009, 05:04 AM
It looks like TW has a first celebrity!! lol

It's pretty cool that you're on here posting. Thanks for taking the time out to do so.

And remember, play in that challenger in Dublin in June and I'll come and watch ya play lol ;) Oh, and I just found out that Rod Laver won the Irish open in 1962!!! That is cool. He's the only famous male though. Loads of females, Billie Jean King twice, Margaret Court 4 times and Virginia Wade in 1970. 8)

Good luck with the first tournament.

saram
02-21-2009, 07:09 AM
About making this a sticky, I share my fellow posters' excitement about having Clint around, but it would be understandable that the guy will get tired and drop the thread after a while, especially if he climbs up the rankings and begins to have a more hectic schedule (or if this thread keep attracting the kind of sad losers who have nothing to say but "you are not a slam winner, nyah nyah!" - if it was my forum you would have a ban stick up your posterior already, kids.)

Let's wait and see. If after a couple of months he keeps updating once or twice a week I'll be the first one to push for stickiness.

I agree it will take some time. I would also mention that some people here have posted a question that has been asked three times already and already answered twice by Clint. We should ensure we read the thread thoroughly to see if our questions have been asked and answered by others already prior to filling this thread with a ton of questions that could cause the OP to get tired of the thread.

He's sharing valuable information with us--we need to ensure we read prior to posting redundant questions.

Cl1ntrock
02-21-2009, 09:49 AM
hgbkgcvnljfdfcb

SaunderS
02-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Never mind...

saram
02-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the fabulous training/physio, mate! Very much appreciated.

mixertefera
02-21-2009, 10:23 AM
How old were you when you first started playing?

he all ready said

Cl1ntrock
02-21-2009, 02:01 PM
No worrie !!!

saram
02-21-2009, 02:02 PM
No worrie !!!

I know you said you were going to really work hard today in training--did you?

Cl1ntrock
02-21-2009, 02:16 PM
yea..was ok..had a hit for two..some stabilizers..short run..but i felt flat today..was a hard week..kickin back tomorrow..day off..

saram
02-21-2009, 02:25 PM
yea..was ok..had a hit for two..some stabilizers..short run..but i felt flat today..was a hard week..kickin back tomorrow..day off..

Don't let out questions interfere with your rest/success. We'd rather see you succeed than answer our questions here. Or, at least I would. Thanks again for taking the time to reply to all of our inquiries.

Staiger
02-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Clint , how much approximately does a pro tennis player (within top100-200 in the world) earn per year ? I am just curious .

saram
02-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Clint , how much approximately does a pro tennis player (within top100-200 in the world) earn per year ? I am just curious .

You can look at ATPtennis.com and that will help you out. Donald Young has only made $3200 this year and he's in the top 200.

Staiger
02-21-2009, 03:07 PM
You can look at ATPtennis.com and that will help you out. Donald Young has only made $3200 this year and he's in the top 200.

No but do they not get sponsorship deals , endorsement etc. I thought they would earn upward of $200,000 per year

saram
02-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Ivo Minar, the #100 player in the world, has played 5 matches this year and has earned $26,998 USD. Not too bad for a month and a half's work. Some with endorsements that are high profile may make 200K, but when you figure in coaches, hotels, travel, physio, entrance fees, food, dues to the ATP, etc...some don't even break even.

Just before winning Roland Garros, Gaston Gaudio was living in a van.

Rob_C
02-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Just before winning Roland Garros, Gaston Gaudio was living in a van.

Really??? He was well inside the top 50 at that time wasnt he??? Plus he had won tourneys before that right???? Thats crazy.

saram
02-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Really??? He was well inside the top 50 at that time wasnt he??? Plus he had won tourneys before that right???? Thats crazy.

During the match, Johnny Mac had said that he could not afford to travel home and return as he didn't have the funds for airline tickets home and back to RG. So, he stayed in a van playing some clay tournaments prior to RG. This is all according to Johnny Mac--but it was what he reported during the final against Coria.

Okazaki Fragment
02-21-2009, 03:28 PM
During the match, Johnny Mac had said that he could not afford to travel home and return as he didn't have the funds for airline tickets home and back to RG. So, he stayed in a van playing some clay tournaments prior to RG. This is all according to Johnny Mac--but it was what he reported during the final against Coria.

Yeah, tennis isn't the most lucrative sport to go into. It's kind of sad that you can be top 500 in the world and earn less than the average accountant. In fact, only 406 players have made $1 million or more in career earnings since 1973. I wouldn't want to be a full time professional tennis player even if I had the talent. Doing it part time like the Williams sisters would seem to be fun.

saram
02-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Yeah, tennis isn't the most lucrative sport to go into. It's kind of sad that you can be top 500 in the world and earn less than the average accountant. In fact, only 406 players have made $1 million or more in career earnings since 1973. I wouldn't want to be a full time professional tennis player even if I had the talent. Doing it part time like the Williams sisters would seem to be fun.

I personally would rather be a broke tennis player on tour than a millionaire. But that's just me :)

Mansewerz
02-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Wow, it's great to have a touring pro on the boards!!! It's good to see a lefty one handed backhand player using a midsize racquet!!!

Staiger
02-21-2009, 03:49 PM
I personally would rather be a broke tennis player on tour than a millionaire. But that's just me :)

second that , but some countries fund their talented players so that they can travel and play and help to pay for some of the expenses .
I admire the pro , and their determination to succeed and their love for the game and not for the money . It must be tough to travel to some unfamiliar places to play tourney in front of a few people on a ''court 14 ''

drake
02-21-2009, 04:03 PM
OK, since nobody asked yet, Clint have you had a hit with Federer or Nadal yet? If so, what was their spin/pace like compared to the rest of the pros?

saram
02-21-2009, 04:11 PM
OK, since nobody asked yet, Clint have you had a hit with Federer or Nadal yet? If so, what was their spin/pace like compared to the rest of the pros?

He answers it here for you in another thread. Post # 61 and 62.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=246487&page=4

maratsafin5
02-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Clint, have you hit with the Head Speed yet? And if you have, how is it?

And could you let us know about Murray's future racket in June?

TheNatural
02-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Clint. How did you manage to lose to some guys ranked 1400+?what happened!

Do you have any videos up of you in a match?

ESP#1
02-21-2009, 09:11 PM

Do you have any videos up of you in a match?

Dont mean to answer for em, but havent you had losses against less worthy players, also mens tennis is deep, clint also mentioned hes been hurt for a while

saram
02-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Dont mean to answer for em, but havent you had losses against less worthy players, also mens tennis is deep, clint also mentioned hes been hurt for a while

I've lost to people (in a state championship final as well) that I should not have. I mean I'm just glad I didn't have a gun in the house following that loss--it was that pathetic.

We all lose on occasion.

ESP#1
02-21-2009, 09:27 PM
I've lost to people (in a state championship final as well) that I should not have. I mean I'm just glad I didn't have a gun in the house following that loss--it was that pathetic.

We all lose on occasion.

Yea thats why it bothers me a bit when someone asks that question, i mean i understand sometimes its meant to be rhetorical but i guess it depends on how its asked

cucio
02-21-2009, 10:33 PM

There is probably not that big a difference between a top 1500 and a top 500. At that level you can probably jump up 100-200 places just by having a good week in one big tournament quallies.

Cl1ntrock
02-22-2009, 01:52 AM
hhhkhfddrvvhkbvg

maratsafin5
02-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Clint, have you hit with the Head Speed yet? And if you have, how is it?

And could you let us know about Murray's future racket in June?

ESP#1
02-22-2009, 09:48 AM
Well its no problem 2 answer for em.I've seen challenger winners loose 2 unranked players.and myself have more often lost to unranked players or lower ranked.statisticly i even think i have lost to more players below my rank 500 last year than above.its a funny stat.crushed so many players in top 300,200 or 150.what u think players in top 200 think playing me beeing current 750???Numbers dont ALWAYS talk for abbility..or when i was 500 beating top 100s..who cares..
the guy goes back out few weeks later and plays an epic match against murray leading 2 - 0 sets..
i have seen hand full of players loosing in Qs future or first rounds main draw and beeing top 150s next year..sooo many examples..
or what about young 16 year old in Houston last year..???havent heard of him since..it was just a good week..player underestemated him probably..
Tomic at AO..u recon starace gives a damn loosing 2 16year old???i think he just moves on...knowing better weeks to come..
so if ur head aint right u cn loose 2 anybody who is good on the day my oppinion...the mens game has alot of depth thats for sure..
not like on the WTA...:oops:

well i wont call out any $ ..but i have enough money to live from and play tennis from..and i am not saving on pair of sneakers and jeans ..
tennis players dont only earn their $ in tourney international..they play club tennis in germany,france,austria..play some big money events..few got sponsors..some give tennis lessons besides their training..
but beeing the 800 best golf player in the world and earning half a million $ sucks comparing 2 the money in tennis..

cl1nt

Great post bro, always very informative, keep it up man

Staiger
02-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Clint , did you say you had a few Tomas Berdych's rackets that you no longer uses and been given to demo from Dunlop ? If so , are you willing to sell them ?

Frankauc
02-22-2009, 10:54 AM
What do you think about the new drug testing rules? Do you think drug usage is a big problem for tennis?

rallyjunkie
02-22-2009, 03:39 PM
First I want to say it's a privilege and thanks for Clint to shed some light to us wanna be ham & eggers and hackers who could only dream about the life of Clint. It's very interesting and insightful.

On his last response it brought to mind Michael Russell who had MP on Kuerten at FO several yrs ago. Kuerten came back to win in five and won the tournament that fortnight. You can say Russell was playing grand slam winning calibre of tennis that match. Unfirtunately he never was able to get back to that level again, but he did play it parts of that one match. So the point is no matter what your rank is, you never know how good or bad you can play on any given day.

Also Agassi lost at FO in this decade to a french guy who never was heard of before or after that match. I can't even remember his name (was it Jeanpierre?) but he BEAT AGASSI at the FRENCH OPEN. He had it in him to play that kind of incredible tennis but never did again on the big stage.

There are so many great great players out there with all the shots, but only a few reach the top, reach the big stages and stay there, for whatever reason.

Rob_C
02-22-2009, 03:59 PM
First I want to say it's a privilege and thanks for Clint to shed some light to us wanna be ham & eggers and hackers who could only dream about the life of Clint. It's very interesting and insightful.

Also Agassi lost at FO in this decade to a french guy who never was heard of before or after that match. I can't even remember his name (was it Jeanpierre?) but he BEAT AGASSI at the FRENCH OPEN. He had it in him to play that kind of incredible tennis but never did again on the big stage.

There are so many great great players out there with all the shots, but only a few reach the top, reach the big stages and stay there, for whatever reason.

Jerome Haehnel (sp?) is the guy I believe you're referring to.

saram
02-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Hope you don't mind, Clint...but I told ESP#1 that I would put a hitting drill in here for him that I use on frequent occasion...

What we do is get my doubles partner and I together about three times a week. We warm up and get the heart rate up and the body loose and then get to work.

One player gets to the net with a hopper of balls and the other player gets to the center of the court at the baseline. The net player feeds balls to one corner and then the other. The goal of the player at the baseline is to scramble from side to side on the baseline and take the ball on the rise hitting down the line shots past the service line and inside the baseline. The goal here is to keep the tempo up as high as possible. You want to be in the red and gassed as you get to the ball--yet maintain a stable platform and quality shot down each line. You want your heart rate maxed out for the entire hopper of balls and no rest. The rest period comes when you reverse roles and the baseline player then feeds to the previous net player. We do this for about 45 minutes to an hour and then get to part two of the workout.

Second part is both players at the baseline. The goal is to hit with pace (about 80%) and deep--beyond the service line and inside the baseline. You can't hit winners--you have to keep the ball deep and in play. Once the ball is in play--both players start counting. Once a player misses--the amount of shots hits prior to the miss comes into play. Let's say you miss on the ninth ball. That means it is time to drop and give the other player nine push-ups. The rally begins again until there is another miss. Count the shots made prior to that and give more push-ups according to the count. When you can't do push-ups any longer, time to do crunches, squats, lunges, etc. It becomes a hit with full body workout and fitness.

Within two or three hours--you should be completely gassed and want to go home.

We do this drill for a multitude of reasons:

1. Takes our heart rates beyond the comfort zone for an extended period of time.

2. Gets us hitting quality shots when in the red and truly moving at our max.

3. Teaches us to hit deep when out of our comfort zone.

4. Focuses on depth and consistency with 'importance' put into our rallies.

5. Works the entire body.

6. Offers something different than just a hit or playing doubles.

Hope this helps, ESP#1. I know you were looking for tips and here it is as promised. Sorry for hijacking the thread, Clint :)

Cl1ntrock
02-23-2009, 01:34 AM
hhbkhhvbmjgcvv

pricey_aus
02-23-2009, 01:42 AM
hey clint

i got one question

how is the bundesliga in germany? how do you find it? I think it is a excellent format and system and since im only young i thought it would be a good goal as i get older.

also if u dont mind me asking, what's the pay like?

thanks alot big man

nyc
02-23-2009, 07:11 AM
clint, love your Backhand videos, excellent strokes! Do you have more footage apart from BH and Volleys, serves, Forehands, matchplay you could share with us?

thanks so much!

saram
02-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Here's a couple from the past, Clint. Bring back any memories?

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww181/saramphotos/Capture12.jpg

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww181/saramphotos/Capture123.jpg

Cl1ntrock
02-23-2009, 01:48 PM
hahahahhaha..thats just great..where u got these from???

saram
02-23-2009, 01:53 PM
^^I will see if I can find it. Googled your name and came across someone selling the images from the tournament online. Give me a few to see if I can find the link for ya.

saram
02-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Here's the link, Clint. Just realized that there are a lot more than what I originally came across:

http://photos.jacksonville.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=511200&CategoryID=10519&ListSubAlbums=1

saram
02-23-2009, 01:59 PM
http://photos.jacksonville.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=511535&CategoryID=10519&ListSubAlbums=1

BounceHitBounceHit
02-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Great thread, and great idea for a thread. What a pleasure to follow your training and progress Clint. :)

Just wondering if you, or the Davydenkos, remember Jens Frederiksen? He is a friend, and I believe he trained with Davydenko in Luxembourg when they were both young(er).

Best,

CC

Cl1ntrock
02-24-2009, 12:47 AM
no dont know about his past mate..

baseliner87
02-24-2009, 12:53 AM
hey mate, thinking of coming to aus any time soon?

nice thread aswell man.

topher.juan
02-24-2009, 06:17 AM
i just finished reading the first thread and now this one. thank you for taking the time to respond to us, it's great to hear from a pro. your backhand is unreal! very nice footwork too.

if you are limited on time and have to choose, what is more important to you: fitness training at the gym or on-court practice? do you feel one is more important than the other?

ESP#1
02-24-2009, 08:36 AM
Ok heres a question

From what I've seen of your game it seems solid overall, just as solid as the average top 50 player, i guess my question is what seperates you from them? Is it all mental once you get to your level? What area do you feel you need to improve most

Seems as if handling pressure plays a huge part, confidence also and luck never hurts to help both

thanks bro

Cl1ntrock
02-24-2009, 10:49 AM
hhvfdjnbvjnnbvv

nyc
02-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Hey guys..got another thread in general pro player ...ckeckit out and drop ur Qs in there..so we can stop jumping from this to the other..

VORHAND VID

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZhlwcdUxOE&feature=channel_page

Thanks Bro, excellent strokes!

Great to have you on these boards! Viel Glueck und Erfolg in dieser Saison wuensch ich Dir!

blackfrido
02-24-2009, 11:38 AM
CL1NT,

It would be great to know your opinion or participation (as a pro tennis player) in some other threads for instance on this one;
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=247028
where people refer to Nalbandian in these terms;
“It seems likely, but again, given Nalbandian's history of failure after failure"
Of course this has been taken out of context, but many posters in this forum talk about players at Nalbandian's level like they didn't achieve anything.
Your opinions on this threads would be very valuable to make us understand how difficult is to reach that level in tennis.

Cl1ntrock
02-24-2009, 12:10 PM
jgdtjbbkgfghbbhh

blackfrido
02-24-2009, 12:12 PM
I've got your point, thanks anyways.

saram
02-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Clint--what an amazing forehand vid. Love it. Reminds me of Verdasco the way you set up for the shot. Nice to see that vid.

And, thanks for starting the dialogue here about your thoughts. It is nice to hear what thoughts go through a professional's mind. I also like what Rafter did with the poster--he was honest with himself and his goals.

Thanks again for taking the time to share.

batz
02-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Clint, I have a question. Does the rest of the locker-room see things as 'the big 4' v the rest or is that something spun by the media and us fans?

If you do see the top 4 as being separate; what is it that's different about these guys?

Thanks in advance.

Duzza
02-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Question: Clint how tall are you? Just interested.

What kind of training off the court do you do? You look pretty speedy for a pretty tall guy.

Saw some vids your using Flexpoint Prestiges but that forehand one has an Extreme in it? How come all the switches?

ps you shoulda come to Melbourne for the Challenger :D

adlis
02-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Question: Clint how tall are you? Just interested.

What kind of training off the court do you do? You look pretty speedy for a pretty tall guy.

Saw some vids your using Flexpoint Prestiges but that forehand one has an Extreme in it? How come all the switches?

ps you shoulda come to Melbourne for the Challenger :D

192cm?

http://www.itftennis.com/mens/players/player.asp?player=100002258

Gugafan
02-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Hey Clint, Quick question mate....When using the fxp prestige did you use a leather/overgrip combination or a standard synthetic grip alone, (brand of grip?).

Thanks

Tennis_Monk
02-24-2009, 05:23 PM
One question i have for you is what bought you to this forum?.
How did you know about this?

lawrence
02-24-2009, 05:56 PM
One question i have for you is what bought you to this forum?.
How did you know about this?

I also want to know this.
Also you have good taste in music, street dreams on your forehand video :D nas

dwhiteside
02-24-2009, 06:01 PM
HEY!!!!

HOW long did it take you to settle on your racquet/strings? Did you go thru a long period of experimenting with DIFFERENt equipment? Are you really happy with what you got now? Best of luck m8.

bhupaes
02-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Wow! A real pro on these boards! Fantastic!

Hey Clint, first of all let me wish you all the best in your upcoming matches. Hope you make it some day to the SAP Open in San Jose, California - I watch it every year.

Here's my question (you knew that was coming!): what is the current thinking on the pro tour regarding racquet weight? It seems like the days of the 13/14 oz behemoths are over... all you guys seem to be choosing the lightest racquet you can get away with and swing it faster than heck. What is your opinion on this?

BTW, great strokes!

galain
02-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Clint

Where are you living in Germany? I'll round up all the Aussies in my area (all 3 of us) and come to your next tournament and cheer you on. Always good to meet other Aussies over here.

How is your German coming along? From some of your sentence structure it looks as thought you've been thinking in Deutsch for awhile now (I'm jealous - I still can't tell my dativs from my akkusatives!)

Pantaloukas
02-25-2009, 06:35 AM
Clint, quick question for ya..

How are the Breathe Cage II's that I saw you sportin' on your myspace page. Should I pick them up or just grab another pair of the vapors?

Thanks man.

Cl1ntrock
02-25-2009, 08:50 AM
Hey guys..

1.It used 2 be like that at Wimby..my dad told me this..the top 10 was seperated from the rest..i dont know if its still like it..on the videos of novak imitating people it doesnt look like it because there are top 50 hangin around him..maybe for a few selected players at the ig events..not sure..

2. i am 1,91m...82kg..i was thinkin bout the melbourne one..with my old rank last year i wouldve come..but not for Qs...i will be there hopefully soon..when the fires are gone i guess..hope u guys are ok down there...a coach of mine is near the fire in serious trouble..the YELLOW raquet Extrem was just a demo..good raquet i think..for people needing power its great..and allows a lot of space fro error..i was just demoing it back then..

3.normal undergrip..and yonex overgrips..or prestige pro..with the MID now i am using leather..

4.i actually got in here looking for a raquet..i typed one in google and got into this forum where people were talking about it..so i had alook at the other threads..

5.yeah ive been testing alot of raquets because doesnt matter what i cant get my old frames anymore..head just doesnt produce em..so i was was kinda stuck..ranking not good enough for PT57a..so i tested alot of frames..not REALY satisfied..but ok for the while..Speed pro is another hope..we will see...maybe i will go back to wooden raquets..retro style..

6.yea its true..i guess because the game has=become so explosive..
defense its maybe good to have a handy raquet..but if u see the list the raquets arent THAT light..player to player different..

7.I live in Solingen..west germany..by cologne..my german is better than my english..i grew up here and went to school..thats y my gramma in english is a lil mixed up..and i screw some words up as well...but i guess yall understand me..would be great to see sum aussies..:shock:

8.breath cage 2 are good..i like em alot..u guys can even usw em on green clay because the clay in USA is more sticky...u want to slide a bit on clay and not stick to the floor..i was using the clay court shoes from frensh open on the green clay and stuck 2 much 2 the ground...
and hardcourt they great also..buy em..:)

tahiti
02-25-2009, 08:54 AM
Hey Clint welcome from down under.

Cl1ntrock
02-25-2009, 09:07 AM
this was asked in another thread..thought i throw it in here also..

NOT sponsored mate...and looking for some help somewhere so i can choose tourneys more freely and go where i need to go sometimes(main in challenger or weaker tourney) without thinkin about an expensive flight and hangin in strong competetive europe..if anybody wants to support an honest familiar kinda family tennis pro..or wants to be appart of a journey in pro sport..I would be greatfull for any support..but at todays situation not that easy 2 find sponsors..

nyc
02-25-2009, 09:26 AM
NOT sponsored mate...and looking for some help somewhere so i can choose tourneys more freely and go where i need to go sometimes..if anybody wants to support an honest familiar kinda family tennis pro..or wants to be appart of a journey in pro sport..

ha...maybe you need to pitch a new reality TV show to ESPN or Tennis Channel...Clint's Journey....get sponsorship/exposure that way...

:)

Cl1ntrock
02-25-2009, 09:44 AM
doesnt sound that bad..

l_gonzalez
02-25-2009, 10:29 AM
You should have people send you paypal donations... If i had a job i would send you a bit of cash!

Cl1ntrock
02-25-2009, 10:34 AM
how do u set sth like that up???never heard of it..

l_gonzalez
02-25-2009, 10:40 AM

Check out www.PayPal.com or www.PayPal.de

All you need to set-up an account is your email address and your bank account details.

Once you're registered and your details are confirmed then it's very easy for anyone with a PayPal account to send you money. You can then transfer this money to your normal bank account and do with it what you like.

Check out the site, it's all very well explained and it's real easy. I'm sure some of the people on the forum would send you a bit of cash, we could even work out some form of primitive sponsorship!

By the way, if you ever need a place to stay in London then just give me a shout!

miyagi
02-25-2009, 10:41 AM

Yea that is a good idea, maybe you should set up a paypal account and ask for donations and in return when you have time you could post more pictures/videos and stories.

Wikipedia did the same they raised 5$ million recently.

l_gonzalez
02-25-2009, 10:43 AM
^^^ if you need any more help with any of that then give me a shout.

Cl1ntrock
02-25-2009, 11:22 AM
sounds interesting...i will have a look at it...

lets see what other people have to say to this idea...

ESP#1
02-25-2009, 12:49 PM
Sounds like tennis players are also suffering from this economic recession. I think the paypal account is a solid idea, maybe a video explaining your goals and ambitions followed by vids that offer tips( i.e ground strokes fitness, footwork, mental, strategy), have a website where you tell your stories and post your videos and ask for donations, if your website is popular enough you could even sell ad space

saram
02-25-2009, 12:51 PM
If I can't be a professional tennis player, I may as well help sponsor one. Count me in as one that would help out when I could.

drake
02-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Perhaps they may require you to reach the top 200 or so though I think it would be cool if they provide all the equipment where your rankings stand right now. I would like to see Clint on the court with the racquets of his chose with the "TW" logo on the strings. He could also be wearing Nike shoes, Addidas pants and shirts, Head headwear and so on. This way there wouldn't be any favoritism towards any one brand since TW sells everything. If TW did this, I would contribute to Clints paypal tennis account. We may even be able to watch some of your challenger matches via internet.

tomstennis
02-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Clint,

Great to see you posting on this forum. I didn't make a run at the pro circuit, but I have friends and previous opponents that have and I know how difficult it is to get to the Top 200. You sound like a social guy otherwise you wouldn't post so much on the forum. Remember in life it is who you know not what you know. Obviously you need to be a very good tennis player to get into the top 100, but a wild card here and there makes the world of difference when it comes to boosting your ranking. I know one guy who tried to make it and had zero social skills and that resulted in him getting kicked out of Bolletieri and not receiving any wildcards anywhere and none of the right people helping him out to make it. He was stuck in Futures for a while and then gave up. Whereas I know guys who were very social and received wildcards into challenger events and probably weren't as good as him.

It is who you know not what you know.

Anyways, you probably knew that so sorry if sounding like an old record.

Enjoy your opportunity at making it to the Top 100 if you are willing to work hard enough you got a good chance. Live the Dream!!!!

Cl1ntrock
02-25-2009, 01:57 PM
hmmm...OK...I am up for starting sth...isnt there anybody in here who knows about designing a web page ...
There are alot of ideas out there...HOW DO U START IT

will have to think about kind of a stratagie..the good thing is that we allready have a kind of a base with all u guys reading and supporting me...
i will go out and let the raquet do the talking and report to the website..videos..questions..tipps..experience..aro und tennis on tour..

like u say give web space out for advertising..

OR TW comes up with an idea...who got the connection to them???

lets se what we can do.. i am IN,.,,

lawrence
02-25-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm a web designer, not sure how much free time I have atm, but Im able to do complete HTML and Flash sites
what is it you had in mind?

Cl1ntrock
02-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Mate i am happy with anything saying clintonthomson.com..:)
if it comes out a lil flashy is cool...need to to be kinda not2 amateur if we want to make a cool thing out of it..i aint have the skill to design ..only update i guess...as long as i get away from myspace..???hahahahhaa

so can put sth together?u have a demo site???

saram
02-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Clint,

I also know a few designers for sites. One can make myspace look and act like a regular website--that way you don't have to pay for a domain name and hosting fees. Give me a day or two to talk to him--he does some stuff for free to build his portfolio.

mzzmuaa
02-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Maybe you should start on wikipedia

Cl1ntrock
02-25-2009, 02:26 PM
cool lets get it started..see what we can do to take a journey through the internet from a player current 750 into grand slam level..would be awesome idea and market..would be popular before we even get there i guess..its all about helping each other and threadin connections to a team..

Staiger
02-25-2009, 02:28 PM
We definitely need a forum to discuss your oncourt performance :).. I saw Robredo's website (which wasnt great ) and it has a direct link to Verdasco's. So maybe you can put a link to a friend of yours who is also a pro ....

Staiger
02-25-2009, 02:33 PM
cool lets get it started..see what we can do to take a journey through the internet from a player current 750 into grand slam level..would be awesome idea and market..would be popular before we even get there i guess..its all about helping each other and threadin connections to a team..

It will make a great film and I can see a few Oscars coming your way. By the way, You can write anything on Wiki !

Are you thinking of creating a ''TeAM Thomson'' like Andy has with ''Team Murray''

saram
02-25-2009, 02:34 PM
I can see our brains all going to work now in overtime and getting this done. We have the easy part though--logistics. Clint has the tougher part--training and playing at world class levels!

saram
02-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Clint, I'm willing to bet that if you came to the states for a series of challenger events that your housing needs would be offered handily.

SourStraws
02-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Hey Clint....What would you say the probability of someone trying to go pro startin at age 5 vs. 15 is? Do you know of any pros who started relatively late and still were able to make it to the tour??

S.S.

NamRanger
02-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Hey Clint....What would you say the probability of someone trying to go pro startin at age 5 vs. 15 is? Do you know of any pros who started relatively late and still were able to make it to the tour??

S.S.

A clean fresh starting 15 year old has almost no chance of starting. Querrey although he started taking tennis seriously very late, was already an excellent tennis player, and is gifted with great athleticism.

saram
02-25-2009, 02:54 PM
^^I would agree. Picking up a stick for the first time at the age of 15 is starting very late. Even if your last name is Sampras or Agassi.

Cl1ntrock
02-25-2009, 02:55 PM
True .. i think that shouldnt be a problem..i should plan a tour in usa this year..
ok i am heading to bed..training at 10 tomorrow morning..

throw and post the ideas in here to get Tennis Team Thomson rollin..TTT..hahaha..

keep it real guys..

lilxjohnyy
02-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Someone or tenniswarehouse should design a shirt that is called Team Thomson and part of the money is donated to clint upon purchase of the shirt!!!

Staiger
02-25-2009, 03:02 PM
^^I would agree. Picking up a stick for the first time at the age of 15 is starting very late. Even if your last name is Sampras or Agassi.

It is too late at 15 ,you might had a chance at 12 (although you needed to be gifted) ... there is always College tennis which is rewarding in itself if you can make it as a Divison 1 player

NamRanger
02-25-2009, 03:08 PM
It is too late at 15 ,you might had a chance at 12 (although you needed to be gifted) ... there is always College tennis which is rewarding in itself if you can make it as a Divison 1 player

I'd say even 12 is a little too late, unless you are supremely gifted. 10 is about the latest I would go.

Staiger
02-25-2009, 03:23 PM
^^^
True at 12, some are already thinking of entering some Junior Tour events , but at what age should a young player decide to go professionally and follow his tennis ? I know a few myself who went touring at a young age for two years , never made it and came back to education ....

I know alot of parents get really involve with their kids with their tennis and can be very pushy , and trying to turn them into something that they are not ..which I think it is absurd and can ruin thier life (some of them dont even have that motivation needed !)

jamesbond4
02-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Hey if you have a chance would it be possible for you to post a quick video of the Yoga Poses you go through?
I understand if you are too busy.

skraggle
02-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Clint, another option for you would be use Wordpress to build your site. It's free, it's actually pretty easy since it's based on themes, and all you have to do is upload a package to your web host and then edit the content.

Seems like you have some smart guys on the case, but it's always good to have a backup plan.

nickynu
02-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Someone or tenniswarehouse should design a shirt that is called Team Thomson and part of the money is donated to clint upon purchase of the shirt!!!

Best idea yet - I would take a couple of thomsons in Large if done reputably through talk tennis, as some of the other ideas sound a little scammy if I may says so clint

(like my smashing new friend from the ivory coast who emails me, apparently who's money is tied up after a war and if I can only send him $12000 dollars it will allow him to free it up and send me double etc)

DoubleDeuce
02-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Clint,

I suggest Rentacoder.com. Anything you need, from a website to a complex application u can find someone there to do it. You post your project and specify how much max you're willing to pay. Programmers around the world bid on your project and you choose the one that you like thebest.
I had some work done there for me several times, great prices and decent work. Check it out.

ckthegreek
02-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Clint, I've been reading this thread for some time and I find the whole thing fascinating. How about this idea...

In addition to donations how about exploring financial investment from TW members with a financial reward at the end?

We support you to do the things you need to do to perform at the highest level (train, travel, etc) and if/when things go well for you we make a small return on our investment.

It will be the first deal of its kind worldwide!

On another note, I'm helping with the organisation of an F4 tournament in Greece this summer. Kleftakos and Goffin (winner) from Belgium attended last year. Interested in playing?

Tennis_Monk
02-25-2009, 07:38 PM
hmmm...OK...I am up for starting sth...isnt there anybody in here who knows about designing a web page ...
There are alot of ideas out there...HOW DO U START IT

will have to think about kind of a stratagie..the good thing is that we allready have a kind of a base with all u guys reading and supporting me...
i will go out and let the raquet do the talking and report to the website..videos..questions..tipps..experience..aro und tennis on tour..

like u say give web space out for advertising..

OR TW comes up with an idea...who got the connection to them???

lets se what we can do.. i am IN,.,,

With out saying too much,i will say this. I am a 'known' expert in the field of websites.

Let me know if you need help. I will do my best.

saram
02-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Hey Clint,

Come on down to the south here in the states at the end of the summer and we'll have you jammin' to some of this prior to your matches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFOV78Pi358

Cl1ntrock
02-26-2009, 04:11 AM
HAHAHA..i realy like Kid Rock...

1.Ok now we have some ideas and offers..who is realy into doin this..???

2.the greek..u talking about a WC in F4 this year..??If my ranking not up by then 2 straight get in Y not...i would play ..
but how do u want to the financial investment thing???
what IF i dont make it to the top..???i would have alot of enemies..hahaha
i mean its not a bad idea..by all the people viewing and posting in this thread already ...if everyone donates a small amount for example..times a few hundret members donating for me an X amount...u would get together a real nice amount for travelling..and then u get the one or other guy thinkin this guy is cool...i donate big X amount ...for sure it would help the one or other flight somewhere...

hmmm...i am realy confused right now..

zidane339
02-26-2009, 04:18 AM
I think first thing first, before we get ahead of ourselves, is to establish some organization. If everyone who is willing to spend some time to head the effort can chime in,write all the names down, and have a meeting, maybe not through these boards, rather through a private chatroom or something, and then make a plan of what to do, I think this could run smoothly.

Good luck Clint, wish you the best.

Cl1ntrock
02-26-2009, 04:46 AM
yea i think so 2..i mean i am headin 2 swiss for a tourney tomorrow for example..what if i have no internet there..is here somebody who knows a site to open a chatroom where we all can meat or post..???

l_gonzalez
02-26-2009, 04:52 AM
First thing you need to do is get a specific email address for all this.

Clinton Thomson Tennis @ Gmail dot com is available, so you could do that or get another suitable email address.

Then TW members can email you there with their profile and how they can help you.

Cl1ntrock
02-26-2009, 05:26 AM
:arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow:

Clintontennis@gmail.com

Clintontennis@gmail.com

Vik
02-26-2009, 07:03 AM
5.yeah ive been testing alot of raquets because doesnt matter what i cant get my old frames anymore..head just doesnt produce em..so i was was kinda stuck..ranking not good enough for PT57a..

Feel your pain man. Wish Head would quit being stubborn and remake this racquet. They could make a killing.

saram
02-26-2009, 08:13 AM
I for one, if donating to your cause--would not ask for anything in return. I don't give gifts with strings attached. Gifts of support are just that--gifts. I would never ask anything in return--just that you work hard and enjoy your passion for professional tennis.

If you had 50 people sending you $10 per month--that would give you 6K per year. 100 people sending $10 per month would give you 12K per year.

Also, if you posted a list on your site of your preferred equipment, people may opt to order you a set of strings, over grips, etc when they order from TW and ship it off to you.

I am sure that in time--you will find a open door and place to stay in a lot of places in this world should you opt to travel.

Just throwing ideas out here...

Cl1ntrock
02-26-2009, 12:23 PM
that sounds good if u get the people together..its like a 10$ per month thing for the info i give u back as well..would be more like a journey and i would bring infos from the tour to my site and people can donate..
your idea sounds good mate..

I WILL BE OF 2 SWITZERLAND tomorrow..give a tourney a crack after my injuries and illnesses..i am looking 4ward..600km journey in my car will be a nice trip on the autobahn..:)

IF u guys find out any details for the webpage or myspace update or anything..post em here or send me an email..

Clintontennis@gmail.com

saram
02-26-2009, 01:51 PM
^^Good luck and we'll get to work on your sponsorship!

SourStraws
02-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Clint..... Another question if you dont mind.... What was your Jr. Career like if you even had one??

S.S.

Cl1ntrock
02-26-2009, 11:04 PM
saram..awesome..hope i have internet in swiss..stay in touch

My junior carrer wasnt that good.I had a ETA under 16 ranking.But in ITF i qualified alot of times but couldnt get any points together.I didnt have a good junior game.2 many mistakes.I either had a tuff draw.or i choked..hahahah..and when i won the 1st round points started in 3rd round..
doubs i had a ranking..a mate of mine said 2 me..well if u dont pick up a point in juniors Y do u want to go into mens???
First year on Futures i picked up ONE point in australia..that felt great..
I soon realised that one point doesnt help much than getting into Qs ..
So i moved on from there..waisted few years from 18 on doing party and stuff not givin 100%..since i am 21 i took it serious..before was a bloody waist of time...but i dont regret doin some party also..at least i had a little bit of FUN and got some life experience instead of TENNIS TENNIS TENNIS...
ok guys..i hit the road..
read u in swiss..
clint

pricey_aus
02-27-2009, 01:32 AM
hey clint

what's team tennis (or tennis bundesliga) like in germany?

i hear its great.

and if there are anyone else on these boards who could answer this question it would be great.

oh and another question is...what sort of ranking would you need to play a high level of team tennis in germany? and which would be better...U.S college or tennis bundesliga.

sorry about all the questions haha

G&G
02-27-2009, 03:08 AM
Hi Clint,

Have you by any chance met the french player Nicolas Coutelot. He used to play in bundesliga as well? Have a good tournament in Switzerland.

skraggle
02-27-2009, 08:20 AM
saram..awesome..hope i have internet in swiss..stay in touch

My junior carrer wasnt that good.I had a ETA under 16 ranking.But in ITF i qualified alot of times but couldnt get any points together.I didnt have a good junior game.2 many mistakes.I either had a tuff draw.or i choked..hahahah..and when i won the 1st round points started in 3rd round..
doubs i had a ranking..a mate of mine said 2 me..well if u dont pick up a point in juniors Y do u want to go into mens???
First year on Futures i picked up ONE point in australia..that felt great..
I soon realised that one point doesnt help much than getting into Qs ..
So i moved on from there..waisted few years from 18 on doing party and stuff not givin 100%..since i am 21 i took it serious..before was a bloody waist of time...but i dont regret doin some party also..at least i had a little bit of FUN and got some life experience instead of TENNIS TENNIS TENNIS...
ok guys..i hit the road..
read u in swiss..
clint

Now THAT is an honest answer!

Cl1ntrock
02-27-2009, 09:31 AM
A good college team would be better for u..bundesliga is only 1-2 months of he year..college is always..more ,matches..
also u must be bloody good and have connections 2 play bundesliga..
our team is special that we dont play with such high ranked players..
because we all grew up with the team..
but if nobody knows u its tuff to get in..
but u can earn a bit of cash in lueges below as well...money in bundesliga is of course very good..and its alot of fun ...especially where i play because we are all mates and train together..other teams the players come for the comp and take of again..not such a nice atmosphere..
i would say college is better...bundesliga a bonus and a huge event..

Coutelot i know him..he is a funny guy...i beat him 64 61...and at one set up and 4-1 i was killing him and jumping on his second serve smackin winners everywhere..HE said..Do i know u ????? for sure i must know you ???
there are two players in the world federer and nadal..but who are you...
I said : well now u know me !!!! He said...NOW for sure I KNOW YOU !!!!
such a good comment..he is so relaxed...great player

yea beeing honest with urself is a way 2 progress and see things out of a different angle..its just the way it is...

SourStraws
02-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the honest answer.... I appreciate it

S.S.

NickC
02-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Clint, mate:

If you're going to try to enter the qualies or the pre-qualies for the USO this summer, you're more than welcome at my place, or I could also get you a room at a hotel my neighbor works at. There are a ton of quality players in my area (few former ITF players, a couple kids who made top 20 USTA18s. The hotel itself also has some great, lightning fast courts, and the head of the tennis program at the hotel's brother was top 5 in the world for dubs (Kevin Ulyet, or however his last name is spelled) and the place there also has a ton of ex-pros that work in the youth development program. I'm not at home right now, but the place is about a half-hour's train ride from Flushing. I live in Port Chester, New York/Greenwich, CT.

Also, regarding the website, if you've got a google account (which you do), they've got an easy-to-use webpage creator, and since google owns YouTube, you can post your videos and all that on the page as well.

Cheers.

skraggle
02-27-2009, 01:11 PM
After all the stupid negative threads I've seen on TT, to see a helpful thread like this with kind offers of assistance is really refreshing.

saram
02-27-2009, 01:33 PM
After all the stupid negative threads I've seen on TT, to see a helpful thread like this with kind offers of assistance is really refreshing.

You got that right. Well said!

ESP#1
02-27-2009, 04:30 PM
I think I have an idea.....

Since this is all occurring in the TW threads why don't we try and get Clint sponsored by TW, I think Clint has done alot to add value to this forum not to mention TW as whole and I think we all agree that his efforts are worthy of compensation.

Maybe we can start a petition and have everyone sign it.

saram
02-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Clint,

I talked to my friend that does custom myspace pages. I told him about you and what we are trying to do for you here at TW. He will build you a site on your myspace that will have a chatroom, spaces for you to post videos of yourself training, and a place for you to put your paypal account/link on it. He has built a few before with live chatrooms and can do that for you so us fans of yours can come and talk 'real time' with you and about your progress. He cannot do it for free as it takes a lot of work--but he is going to cut me a deal in price as he and I are friends and I will cover the costs for you.

So, you got your chatroom and website all built into one and that is one less thing you will have to worry about. You will need to work on getting your paypal account set up in the next week when you return from your tournament. I am meeting with him tomorrow to work on a layout and get you established. Over the next two days, we work on a layout for you. He will send you a link to your e-mail that will allow you to proof read it there in Germany. He will send you a link that you can click on and will be able to navigate the site. It will not be public and posted to your myspace until you approve it--but you will be able to see it as if it were online. You will be able to send him ideas through e-mail about what you want changed, colors, songs, etc and he'll change it and post it and you can look at it again. Once you like it--give him the thumbs up and he'll publish it to your myspace.

It will cost me a considerable amount--but consider it a gift to you and a step in getting you 'publicly' sponsored by us tennis fans of yours that want to see the 'little guy' succeed on tour and in life.

Good luck in Switzerland, mate!

Mansewerz
02-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Hey clint, did you make a shoutout vid yet? It would be cool to have a shoutout just to TW! :D

Good luck clint!

BounceHitBounceHit
02-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Clint, I'm willing to bet that if you came to the states for a series of challenger events that your housing needs would be offered handily.

Cl1nt,

You are welcome here if you elect to play the Nashville Challenger. I am good friends with two top DI coaches (one of whom has worked w/ a couple of different top 50 pros) so I am sure we could also easily arrange good practice for you in the week or so leading up to the tournament.

Best,

CC

BounceHitBounceHit
02-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Clint,

I talked to my friend that does custom myspace pages. I told him about you and what we are trying to do for you here at TW. He will build you a site on your myspace that will have a chatroom, spaces for you to post videos of yourself training, and a place for you to put your paypal account/link on it. He has built a few before with live chatrooms and can do that for you so us fans of yours can come and talk 'real time' with you and about your progress. He cannot do it for free as it takes a lot of work--but he is going to cut me a deal in price as he and I are friends and I will cover the costs for you.

So, you got your chatroom and website all built into one and that is one less thing you will have to worry about. You will need to work on getting your paypal account set up in the next week when you return from your tournament. I am meeting with him tomorrow to work on a layout and get you established. Over the next two days, we work on a layout for you. He will send you a link to your e-mail that will allow you to proof read it there in Germany. He will send you a link that you can click on and will be able to navigate the site. It will not be public and posted to your myspace until you approve it--but you will be able to see it as if it were online. You will be able to send him ideas through e-mail about what you want changed, colors, songs, etc and he'll change it and post it and you can look at it again. Once you like it--give him the thumbs up and he'll publish it to your myspace.

It will cost me a considerable amount--but consider it a gift to you and a step in getting you 'publicly' sponsored by us tennis fans of yours that want to see the 'little guy' succeed on tour and in life.

Good luck in Switzerland, mate!

Saram,

How old are you? Are you planning on coming to Nashville to hit with us sometime soon?

What you are doing here for Cl1nt is VERY kind. I am looking forward to meeting and hitting with someone who is so generous to others.

Best,

CC

BounceHitBounceHit
02-27-2009, 06:14 PM

Since this is all occurring in the TW threads why don't we try and get Clint sponsored by TW, I think Clint has done alot to add value to this forum not to mention TW as whole and I think we all agree that his efforts are worthy of compensation.

An EXCELLENT idea. Maybe put up a 'poll' thread on TTW's "TW Questions" section and ask, "Who would donate $ to help Cl1nt succeed on the pro tour if TW offered to sponsor him with frames, string, bags, shoes, and clothing?"

Best,

CC

saram
02-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Saram,

How old are you? Are you planning on coming to Nashville to hit with us sometime soon?

What you are doing here for Cl1nt is VERY kind. I am looking forward to meeting and hitting with someone who is so generous to others.

Best,

CC

I am 39. Once this weather breaks and we can get some good weather--I would LOVE to come down and hit with you guys. How about that storm last night?!

As for helping Clint--I have an amazing father that taught me to never give a gift with strings attached. I never tell my daughter "I will give you this if you do that". My father helped put me through school (working a second job) and never once asked me about my GPA. I would never ask Clint for anything in return. I'll tell you this--if I could help out Clint and one day seem him make it through the qualies of a slam and see him on television I would cry like a father, then jump up and down and throw a party.

It also takes a huge amount of sacrificing pride for Clint to come forward and accept help. Sometimes, asking for help is the hardest thing to do in this world--especially now.

I am in a lucky spot--friends and family have put me in a spot to help out someone. I'm just paying it forward.

saram
02-27-2009, 06:26 PM

You can sure put my name on that petition!

BounceHitBounceHit
02-27-2009, 06:26 PM
I am 39. Once this weather breaks and we can get some good weather--I would LOVE to come down and hit with you guys. How about that storm last night?!

As for helping Clint--I have an amazing father that taught me to never give a gift with strings attached. I never tell my daughter "I will give you this if you do that". My father helped put me through school (working a second job) and never once asked me about my GPA. I would never ask Clint for anything in return. I'll tell you this--if I could help out Clint and one day seem him make it through the qualies of a slam and see him on television I would cry like a father, then jump up and down and throw a party.

It also takes a huge amount of sacrificing pride for Clint to come forward and accept help. Sometimes, asking for help is the hardest thing to do in this world--especially now.

I am in a lucky spot--friends and family have put me in a spot to help out someone. I'm just paying it forward.

It seems we share a life philosophy. :)

Looking forward to meeting you in the spring.

Until then, let's all try to get behind Cl1nt. I think he has already given us all a pretty cool gift.

Best,

CC

Mansewerz
02-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Very nice of you Saram, I hope I will be able to do the same when I get older.

bhupaes
02-27-2009, 06:47 PM
It's a great idea to get TW to organize a joint sponsorship, where some of us can contribute to whatever extent we can. May not be a huge amount, but I'm sure everything will help at this stage.

saram
02-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Very nice of you Saram, I hope I will be able to do the same when I get older.

You know, 20 people offering $10 per month could furnish Clint with an airline ticket to Australia and a chance to get a WC into the AO. Because he has Aussie blood--he stands a GOOD chance of getting a WC.

Imagine next year turning on the television and seeing Clint Thomson in the first round of the AO because you gave him $100 and changed his life--and yours. $10 bucks a month is nothing. It is three lattes at Starbucks. It is one movie. It is five gallons of gas. It is two pounds of beef. It is nothing--but combined--it could change a man's life.

Count me in to help out Clint.

BounceHitBounceHit
02-27-2009, 07:33 PM
You know, 20 people offering $10 per month could furnish Clint with an airline ticket to Australia and a chance to get a WC into the AO. Because he has Aussie blood--he stands a GOOD chance of getting a WC.

Imagine next year turning on the television and seeing Clint Thomson in the first round of the AO because you gave him $100 and changed his life--and yours. $10 bucks a month is nothing. It is three lattes at Starbucks. It is one movie. It is five gallons of gas. It is two pounds of beef. It is nothing--but combined--it could change a man's life.

Me too. CC

Photoshop
02-27-2009, 08:59 PM

I do not have a source of income (yet) but I also would like to help Clint achieve his dream. I could provide shelter/food/rides if he's ever in Orlando, FL.

Cl1ntrock
02-28-2009, 09:51 AM
I cant believe what i am reading.This is unreal.U guys are crazy.
Awesome...!!!!The same way i just thought why not answering all these guys in detail 2 help out u are unexpected helping back..love this kind of one hand washes the other..
I am sittign here in switzerland grinding Qualis (won 1st Q 6-1 6-1 nice matchpractice today) get back to my hotel and NEWS like these !!!

Saram...with the website is just great..no words 2 say..looking 4ward to making it a great site..and starting the team...
i am still stoked...NOW where everything is starting 2 roll forwards i will work my butt 2 let the raquet talk...

all the others who are posting accomodation is very kind ..but u know we will go out and play some sets as well and u will have to grind it out..

TW sponsoring..???How do we do this or ask for it at all ???u recon there is a chance???I could wear a TW batch on my arm..??
where is the thread were u guys apply for TW to spono..???

I will head of to dinner now...be back in a bit and will go from there..

great 2 have u guys...

ps:for those waiting for more vids and shout out..do that with kamera at home between tourneys..

lilycolefan
02-28-2009, 10:17 AM

Count me in to help out Clint.An airline ticket to Australia from Europe is like at least $1500.

shell
02-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Awesome...!!!!The same way i just thought why not answering all these guys in detail 2 help out u are unexpected helping back..love this kind of one hand washes the other..
I am sittign here in switzerland grinding Qualis (won 1st Q 6-1 6-1 nice matchpractice today) get back to my hotel and NEWS like these !!!

Saram...with the website is just great..no words 2 say..looking 4ward to making it a great site..and starting the team...
i am still stoked...NOW where everything is starting 2 roll forwards i will work my butt 2 let the raquet talk...

all the others who are posting accomodation is very kind ..but u know we will go out and play some sets as well and u will have to grind it out..

TW sponsoring..???How do we do this or ask for it at all ???u recon there is a chance???I could wear a TW batch on my arm..??

great 2 have u guys...

ps:for those waiting for more vids and shout out..do that with kamera at home between tourneys..

Clint, this board is amazing, so don't underestimate the power and help that can come. This board is full of great people and folks that are crazy about tennis. To help out a player that is trying to make it out in the real tennis world is just up our alley :)

Now go win another match! :)

NickC
02-28-2009, 02:17 PM
An airline ticket to Australia from Europe is like at least $1500.

We know. However, the poster you quoted means each person donating 10 or so dollars once a month, for X months. So, if we had 20 guys, giving 10 bucks a month, for 10 months, we'd end up with $2,000 or so. See what I'm getting at?

Clint, as well, I just remembered a guy that works at my club is Aussie (also a D-1 Head Coach, and has some other Aussies in his team) and if you ever needed anything from him, he'd be more than willing to do it, I reckon. He played a few tour events, and knows a few other guys in the area that are from Australia that also played pro for some time. There are a good deal of ex-pros in the area, another guy I frequently hit with played Davis Cup for Ghana, and that guy knows all the guys from all over that are from West Africa and played pro ball, and he's a really cool dude and I figure he'd be willing to help you out as well.

Mansewerz
02-28-2009, 02:29 PM

great 2 have u guys...

Nice job Clint, I'm 16 and I'd love to help, but I can't at the moment.

saram
02-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Nice job Clint, I'm 16 and I'd love to help, but I can't at the moment.

Sure you can help! Are you creative? Maybe you could design a shirt logo for Clint? Remember the JBlock and how those shirts took off? I know I would buy a shirt bearing Clint's logo and fan support. One does not always have to just give money to help another person out. Time is of equal importance sometimes.

NamRanger
02-28-2009, 03:24 PM

And then he beats Nadal in the first round. Breaks out and wins the AO.

I'm just kidding, I'm just messing with you. I'll gladly donate any money myself to help you out man.

Mansewerz
02-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Sure you can help! Are you creative? Maybe you could design a shirt logo for Clint? Remember the JBlock and how those shirts took off? I know I would buy a shirt bearing Clint's logo and fan support. One does not always have to just give money to help another person out. Time is of equal importance sometimes.

I do have some graphic design skills. I gotta string now, so i'll see if I can find some time to make a logo.

saram
02-28-2009, 07:51 PM
I do have some graphic design skills. I gotta string now, so i'll see if I can find some time to make a logo.

Very cool! Maybe someone around here on TW owns a screen/printing shop and could print some up. If not, I know a local company that may cut me a deal as we order all of our tournament shirts though them. Maybe I can sweet talk them in to offering a discount for the cause.

baseliner87
03-01-2009, 02:41 AM
Clint, this board is amazing, so don't underestimate the power and help that can come. This board is full of great people and folks that are crazy about tennis. To help out a player that is trying to make it out in the real tennis world is just up our alley :)

Now go win another match! :)

all these people and me are happy to help, you came here and answered our questions without been arrogant or cocky or mean....you seem like a pretty cool bloke. just wish there were more of u blokes.

let us know when u come to australia man i'll def go watch one of ur matches.

SaunderS
03-01-2009, 03:35 AM
Yeah, when are you coming to England? I'd be more than happy to watch and support you.

Tennis_Monk
03-01-2009, 04:18 AM
Clint, mate:

If you're going to try to enter the qualies or the pre-qualies for the USO this summer, you're more than welcome at my place, or I could also get you a room at a hotel my neighbor works at. There are a ton of quality players in my area (few former ITF players, a couple kids who made top 20 USTA18s. The hotel itself also has some great, lightning fast courts, and the head of the tennis program at the hotel's brother was top 5 in the world for dubs (Kevin Ulyet, or however his last name is spelled) and the place there also has a ton of ex-pros that work in the youth development program. I'm not at home right now, but the place is about a half-hour's train ride from Flushing. I live in Port Chester, New York/Greenwich, CT.

Also, regarding the website, if you've got a google account (which you do), they've got an easy-to-use webpage creator, and since google owns YouTube, you can post your videos and all that on the page as well.

Cheers.

If you need Accomodation for a week or two around NewYork, Boston, LosAngeles, Indian Wells, Texas....Please let me know. It wont cost you.

lawrence
03-01-2009, 06:40 AM
Hey guys, just finished a mockup concept for a clint thomson official site haha.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9581/conceptf.jpg
(sorry about the watermark, but its just a precaution i take with all my work)

Still sketchy on the logo, but its hard to think of ideas. will keep the thread updated with concept images, as well as the final flash/html product when I get it done.
The actual layout is also still very rough, no text yet etc, and the buttons are still blank.

Crits/comments would be helpful!

saram
03-01-2009, 06:49 AM
^^That is sweet!

Ludas
03-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Really like the design, maybe do some color on the edges of the C and T in the logo or something else to make it stick out even more.

Cl1ntrock
03-01-2009, 09:10 AM
HAHAHAHAHAH...

This is just awesome..dont know what 2 say...U GUYS ARE UNBELIEVABLE..
The layout on that website looks great..i like it...4 real...
when i get back home i got a guy who has alot of pics of me playing..
shall i upload fotos on a site or myspace for the mean while so u got a few more???

again i am just online for not long..kinda difficult here in switzerland..
had a realy long day grindin Qualis..played an unranked guy today in Q2 and WON 67 74 61 and he played so well starting of..i was like standing on the court havent got my routines and the confidence in yet...pulled the trigger down the line a bit 2 often ..held my serve but lost the first tie breaker..
we are playing on qucik carpet so its all around the serve,return and first few shots of the ralley..
U guys for sure know Marc Kevin Goellner..davis cup winner for germany...beat several top ten players and so on..he was supporting me and been training with him and his kid the last days..and he was saying after beeing 67 down and havent been broken on serve ..just stay on him u will get ur chance..and then i held my serve broke him at 4-4..won the set 64 and form there on i felt like the old clint after a rusty start..playing realy well..
keep the form 2morrow in Q3 and i am looking sweet for a good week on my first tourney back...
sat with goellner for a while..talked about my game and how he sees me..
and he is the next ex pro telling me ..u got the game for the top..for sure..if u dont make it...waist of a great game..i better start believin it..and this guy knows what he is talking about..telling me stories u guys would love 2 hear..
about matches against edberg..(beat him twice)..Brugera..agassi..sampras..he even played pete a few weeks ago..
davis cup win 1993 and i was a little kid watching...germany vs australia final..and more more more..
i would never talk about this ..and what he says and recons the way i play..but i tell u because u guys are starting 2 make some effort for me ..and i just want 2 show..or tell u ...that this could become a good story..
i will work hard for it and give my best..

saram..what is the meaning of the feel good thread??

i am of to dinner in a few minutes..be back after...

by the way..i created another volley video for our friend LeeD..with slow motions of me hittin low volleys and so on..as i read that guys posts.."the guy volleys ducks" i took 15minutes 2 creat clint volleys ducks..its funny and a typing-shout out at the end saying thanks to TW and u guys..
its a bit rude-smartass...but shall i upload it..???:confused:

later guys..

jamesbond4
03-01-2009, 10:06 AM
If you need Accomodation for a week or two around NewYork, Boston, LosAngeles, Indian Wells, Texas....Please let me know. It wont cost you.

Are those all your own houses? or people you know?

Tennis_Monk
03-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Are those all your own houses? or people you know?

I dont own them(not that fortunate yet). Some of them are houses and some hotels. I used to work for a Hotel chain.

BounceHitBounceHit
03-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Hey Clint,

I started a thread last night (complete w/ a poll) asking "Who Thinks TW Should Sponsor Clint Thomson?". It appears to have been deleted?

What's up with that Chris? (of TW) :confused:

Best,

CC

Mansewerz
03-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Upload it clint!!!

BounceHitBounceHit
03-01-2009, 10:42 AM
HAHAHAHAHAH...

This is just awesome..dont know what 2 say...U GUYS ARE UNBELIEVABLE..
The layout on that website looks great..i like it...4 real...
when i get back home i got a guy who has alot of pics of me playing..
shall i upload fotos on a site or myspace for the mean while so u got a few more???

again i am just online for not long..kinda difficult here in switzerland..
had a realy long day grindin Qualis..played an unranked guy today in Q2 and WON 67 74 61 and he played so well starting of..i was like standing on the court havent got my routines and the confidence in yet...pulled the trigger down the line a bit 2 often ..held my serve but lost the first tie breaker..
we are playing on qucik carpet so its all around the serve,return and first few shots of the ralley..
U guys for sure know Marc Kevin Goellner..davis cup winner for germany...beat several top ten players and so on..he was supporting me and been training with him and his kid the last days..and he was saying after beeing 67 down and havent been broken on serve ..just stay on him u will get ur chance..and then i held my serve broke him at 4-4..won the set 64 and form there on i felt like the old clint after a rusty start..playing realy well..
keep the form 2morrow in Q3 and i am looking sweet for a good week on my first tourney back...
sat with goellner for a while..talked about my game and how he sees me..
and he is the next ex pro telling me ..u got the game for the top..for sure..if u dont make it...waist of a great game..i better start believin it..and this guy knows what he is talking about..telling me stories u guys would love 2 hear..
about matches against edberg..(beat him twice)..Brugera..agassi..sampras..he even played pete a few weeks ago..
davis cup win 1993 and i was a little kid watching...germany vs australia final..and more more more..
i would never talk about this ..and what he says and recons the way i play..but i tell u because u guys are starting 2 make some effort for me ..and i just want 2 show..or tell u ...that this could become a good story..
i will work hard for it and give my best..

saram..what is the meaning of the feel good thread??

i am of to dinner in a few minutes..be back after...

by the way..i created another volley video for our friend LeeD..with slow motions of me hittin low volleys and so on..as i read that guys posts.."the guy volleys ducks" i took 15minutes 2 creat clint volleys ducks..its funny and a typing-shout out at the end saying thanks to TW and u guys..
its a bit rude-smartass...but shall i upload it..???:confused:

later guys..

I intend no disrespect to anyone, but if someone looks at your volleys and thinks they are those of 4.0 level player, that person has either 1) an incredibly unrealistic idea of just how good certain 4.0's must be 2) absolutely no idea about what kind of playing skills it takes to compete at your level.

Still, I would love to see the video. :)

CC

Tennis_Monk
03-01-2009, 10:52 AM
I intend no disrespect to anyone, but if someone looks at your volleys and thinks they are those of 4.0 level player, that person has either 1) an incredibly unrealistic idea of just how good certain 4.0's must be 2) absolutely no idea about what kind of playing skills it takes to compete at your level.

Still, I would love to see the video. :)

CC

I played 4.0's across a few cities and i can say i am a strong 4.0.

May be you havent seen me volleying.(i havent seen me volleying either. It requires me to be in an area of tennis court i seldom go to)

nickynu
03-01-2009, 11:09 AM
wow m-k goellner saw him live at queens club, London in the Stella Artois, lost to sampras in 3 in semis as I recall, and should really have won.

Its pretty common now but he was the first guy I remember who used to play wearing his baseball cap the wrong way round (seemed pretty cool then,so I copied him-lol) . He could go through periods in a match when he was absolutely unplayable but sometimes lost his focus too.

Cl1ntrock
03-01-2009, 11:49 AM
thats him..the guy who wore his cap the wrong way around from ADIDAS with the 2 stripes...

OK i think i will put the video in there..because its funny..

beneszilo
03-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Hi Clinton!
I wish you luck for your career and Hope I can see you playing in the future.

beneszilo
03-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Is there any chance you play in Hungary?

SaunderS
03-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Clint, when are you coming to the UK?

BounceHitBounceHit
03-01-2009, 12:21 PM
thats him..the guy who wore his cap the wrong way around from ADIDAS with the 2 stripes...

OK i think i will put the video in there..because its funny..

Where is the link? :confused: CC

Cl1ntrock
03-01-2009, 12:38 PM
here it is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhtBBWSPIBM&feature=channel_page

tell me if its not 2 good for our rep. and i will tale it out..its just for a friend called LeeD..i present..the ducks

BounceHitBounceHit
03-01-2009, 12:55 PM
here it is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhtBBWSPIBM&feature=channel_page

tell me if its not 2 good for our rep. and i will tale it out..its just for a friend called LeeD..i present..the ducks

I suggest removing the banners and letting the volleys (uh-hum, I mean 'ducks') speak for themselves. ;)

CC

Cl1ntrock
03-01-2009, 01:09 PM
jap i will..

so i will delete it now..and redo it..taking ur advice..

saram
03-01-2009, 08:05 PM
jap i will..

so i will delete it now..and redo it..taking ur advice..

Wish I had been here in time to see the vid! Good job today on court, Clint! Well done, mate! Good luck tomorrow and for the rest of the week!

BounceHitBounceHit
03-02-2009, 04:55 AM
Wish I had been here in time to see the vid! Good job today on court, Clint! Well done, mate! Good luck tomorrow and for the rest of the week!

It was pretty funny, but I think (one man's opinion only) it gave too much attention to certain posters claiming Clint's volleys were somehow akin to those of a 4.0. ;)

So far as I can tell, the only similarity between Clint's volleys and those of any 4.0 I've ever seen would be that both use tennis racquets, a ball, and take the ball out of the air before it bounces. ;)

CC

G&G
03-02-2009, 05:41 AM
Clint won today quite easy 63 62.

His next oponent is Alexander Sadecky (ATP 660) to whom he lost last year 76 63.

Clint, concerning Nicolas Coutelot- when did you play with him last time? I know that he had an injury last september when playing with Koroliov in one of the challengers in Germany and according to the ITF websight he has not played since then. His ranking is going down so i was wondering if he still plays. Good luck in the next round

Cl1ntrock
03-02-2009, 07:03 AM
today was a good day..gettin my form back..served realy big and all in all happy with my game..
Got up at 7:00am - quick yoga - shower - brekky - at the club at 8.30am -
8.45 warm up for my hit & breakin a sweat - 9.00am hit for 30min -
in the locker - gettin ready listenin 2 music stencil my raquets - and head out at 10 for my match..
broke his serve at 4-3 and served it out for a 6-3 first set..
got ontop of him straight away in first set and broke first game - took of
to a 3-0 2nd set start double break and drove it home safely 6-2

day of tomorrow..i will have one intensive hitting session and theraband..
and look foward to match on wednesday..I lost 2 him last year and played real bad...i will get him this time..he a serve and vollier also lefty..
looking 4ward to a good week..

UK..??not sure when i will be up there mate..
Hungary..??not sure either..it will be posted when i am planing a tour overseas or so ..

Coutelot..it was a few years back when i played him..dont know how bad he is injured ..i am not in touch with him..

Saram..how is the website and everything else progressing ..???Looking 4ward mate..

shell
03-02-2009, 07:53 AM
Clint, question for you. How do you make your schedule for the year? Do you only plan a month or two out, or do you do a whole season calendar and adjust as you go, or as your ranking allows access to other events potentially?

Thanks, and good luck tomorrow. Don't use your duck volley, only your good ones :twisted: :)

saram
03-02-2009, 08:07 AM
The "Duck Volley"...ugh, wish I could have witnessed it!

Good work Clint--glad to hear that today went well for you. Keep up the good work and keep hittin' them deep.

As for the site--it is coming along. To me, I only saw a bunch of number, letters, etc. (what they call 'coding') in terms of site building. I never knew sites were just numbers and letters in a word document--too cool and yet something I could never do.

I will sure keep you posted as it comes along. Get some rest and enjoy your rest day, mate.

jamesbond4
03-02-2009, 09:14 AM
congrats on qualifying

Crisp
03-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Hey Clint, I have been reading your posts and are really enjoying them and its great to see everyone getting behind you. If you ever come to Australia I have an Indoor Cushioned Acrylic court in my backyard you could train at, and also stay here if you wanted to. Its about an hour or so out from Melbourne park. I am also a tennis coach and have a few players that may be able to give you a work out. So if you do come to Australia let me know.

lawrence
03-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Hey Clint, I have been reading your posts and are really enjoying them and its great to see everyone getting behind you. If you ever come to Australia I have an Indoor Cushioned Acrylic court in my backyard you could train at, and also stay here if you wanted to. Its about an hour or so out from Melbourne park. I am also a tennis coach and have a few players that may be able to give you a work out. So if you do come to Australia let me know.
haha if only you lived in sydney
when it rains here, i cant find ANY indoor courts, makes me sad :(

MichaelChang
03-04-2009, 04:25 AM
Hi Clint, did you win the match? Hope you doing great.

Cl1ntrock
03-04-2009, 07:13 AM
i lost 36 76 36...He played so ugly..he served sooooo well...couldnt believe it..
HE also a lefty and was sliding the **** out of it...hitting the spots..
i just told myself u will get ur chance u will get ur chance...
and closed him in the 2nd set...
third set i nealy won every rally...all the other points i lost were serves winners or nice volleys on bad returns..THEN i made two bad decissions on my serve at 3-4 ..pulling trigger down the line 2 early and double foulted on 40-30 to 4-4...he hit his first forhand winner down the line in the match at deuce..(realy bad forhand this guy) ..but sometimes one is enough..
and i lost a serve and volley point at his AD with smashes and scrambles 2 get broken..he held serve nicely at 5-3 and game set match...
what we learn...IF U HAVE PATTERNS AND a great serve u can win buy one or two points on the day..without having ANY solid groundies..just the pressure of a good serve got me 2 make wrong decisions on my serve 2 get broken.. (on a quick serface like carpet..)

Ludas
03-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Too bad m8, carpet is a hard surface to play against someone with a big serve. Just keep thinking positive thoughts, I guess most matches you play are on slower surfaces so at the end of the day you will probably have won most of the matches against players like him anyway. Just keep busting your *** of at training everyday and soon you will kick his *** on carpet aswell.

saram
03-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Clint--that sucks and sorry to hear it. Well, you learned from it and can now head home and practice until you're playing on a Sunday. Best of luck and a safe return home to you.

Thanks for sharing the highlights of the match.

zidane339
03-04-2009, 11:36 AM
i lost 36 76 36...He played so ugly..he served sooooo well...couldnt believe it..
HE also a lefty and was sliding the **** out of it...hitting the spots..
i just told myself u will get ur chance u will get ur chance...
and closed him in the 2nd set...
third set i nealy won every rally...all the other points i lost were serves winners or nice volleys on bad returns..THEN i made two bad decissions on my serve at 3-4 ..pulling trigger down the line 2 early and double foulted on 40-30 to 4-4...he hit his first forhand winner down the line in the match at deuce..(realy bad forhand this guy) ..but sometimes one is enough..
and i lost a serve and volley point at his AD with smashes and scrambles 2 get broken..he held serve nicely at 5-3 and game set match...
what we learn...IF U HAVE PATTERNS AND a great serve u can win buy one or two points on the day..without having ANY solid groundies..just the pressure of a good serve got me 2 make wrong decisions on my serve 2 get broken.. (on a quick serface like carpet..)

I hate leftys!:) Sounds like a tough match, you hung in there though! Good job none the less, keep your head up and you'll do better!

Gugafan
03-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Nice to see you get a few matches under your belt Clint...Good luck for the rest of the season.

p.s. what racquet did you decide to play with in the tournament??.

Cl1ntrock
03-04-2009, 01:41 PM
I am playing a TGK237.1 Prestige MID 320g unstrung 31,5 balance with Signum Pro Plasma Pure 1,28 strung at 21kg leather grip and prestige pro overgrips..grip size 3..playing with HEAD balls and they are soooo slow...
wearin those leeyton hewitt yonex shoes because i had ankle problems..they got some extra support..good shoe i have 2 say..
of course i have ankle braces on as well 2 provent from another twist..thats my equip at the moment...

NovakWannabe
03-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Your Prestige's specs look intriguing. Granted it is unstrung, but a 320g mid sounds like something I'd play with, as the strung weight.

Skanavis
03-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Hey Clint are you sponsored? And Do you think your better than the top 10 womens players?

saram
03-04-2009, 08:39 PM
And Do you think your better than the top 10 womens players?

WT...........F?

VivalaVida
03-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Clint, I am sorry to hear you lost. Please move forward and remain positive. You will do great things. You have already made the forum a better place to come to.

saram
03-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Clint, I am sorry to hear you lost. Please move forward and remain positive. You will do great things. You have already made the forum a better place to come to.

I second that--you have already improved my tennis and motivation without even knowing it. Stay positive, mate!

maverick66
03-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Hey Clint are you sponsored? And Do you think your better than the top 10 womens players?

he is. i would be suprised if he lost a game. but plz dont start a man vs women thread.

Cl1ntrock
03-05-2009, 12:56 AM
hey guys..thanks for the nice words..
I am not the kinda guy who drags himself down after a close match..
U should always try 2 see the positives and learn from the negative..
today is a new day and keep looking forwards..
i am staying in swiss..got Qs again on saturday..will play another future after that and head out 2 a challenger somewhere from then on..Itlay or France..
thats the plan..

Beat WTA easy..maybe loose a game..but no problem..
Hitting crosscourts with em i would probably be the first one missing..
the girls are machines in hitting out of corners..
but as soon as serve and moving..2 much pace..2 much spin..game over

posted a warm up video volleys from last summer ..nothing special..its just out there..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvCvfJJMjso&feature=channel_page

lawrence
03-05-2009, 04:11 AM
Hey clint, the website will be coming soon. ive been busy the past week with work and study but i have the flash mostly done, and im working on a CMS system now so you can update it from anywhere without having to open any design program.
if anyone is willing to chip in for some hosting/domain i can get the site running by next week i think

lonestar
03-05-2009, 04:57 AM
Hey clint, where in Switzerland are you this weekend?

Cl1ntrock
03-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Hey clint, the website will be coming soon. ive been busy the past week with work and study but i have the flash mostly done, and im working on a CMS system now so you can update it from anywhere without having to open any design program.
if anyone is willing to chip in for some hosting/domain i can get the site running by next week i think

hey mate..that sounds good...what do u mean chip in for hosting/domain 2 get it running..what do u need???I have someone who could help me out keeping it up 2 date and has knowledge about it aswell..
i have my domain name clintonthomson.com also reserved..
let me know what i need 2 do..clintontennis@gmail.com

In switzerland i am in Greifensee...two tourney in a row on one venue..so i am here next week also..startin qualis on saturday

Staiger
03-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Which Tourney are you trying to qualify for in swiss, Clint?

nyc
03-05-2009, 10:36 AM
In switzerland i am in Greifensee...two tourney in a row on one venue..so i am here next week also..startin qualis on saturday

I hope you at least have time to hop to Zurich for a couple of beers!

Cl1ntrock
03-05-2009, 10:55 AM
hahahaha..Y....are u in zurich>???No beer for me ...

another 10.000Future mate..same as last week
talked 2 my opponent from yesterday..he lost today..saying he was flat form all the tension in our match..
i said come on man..26 26..where was ur serve.,.he said he played realy bad..and wasnt out there on fire..
i wasnt realy happy about that one..win a round get ONE point and ur satisfied...doesnt work like that in futures..
u better of loosing first rounds or from semis onwards..but second and quarters doesnt realy help much when ur ranking is around the top 1000 its same as loosing first round ..from some point on u wont gain any ranking..so be patient and wait for the few good weeks of a year...and take the run as long as u can ...biggest jump in points is finals 2 winner...that match is realy worth it..thats y they changed the point system ..
so the early round looser in average fall back where the winners and finalists realy jump..

drake
03-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Clinton
I see Miroslav Mecir's son is in the tournament. How's his game? Anything like papi?

ESP#1
03-06-2009, 07:23 AM
Seems like your having a blast! Good Luck bro!!

One thing I've always wondered, do pros enjoy tennis as much as we do? I mean you know when something becomes a job, well......its a job. I figure sometimes it becomes so much pressure you really don't get to enjoy it. As you can tell alot of us would love to have the opportunity to play tennis for a living, it would be sad to think that those who do never get to really enjoy it.

Racquet question: Do you know what pros use PT57a and what pros use the new MG MP? its really hard to tell sometimes, thanks bro

Rob_C
03-07-2009, 07:45 AM
Have u, or do u, use any training aids such as the one in the link to help improve your racket head speed?? Can u tell me how commonly something like that is used at the higher levels of tennis??

Thanks

http://etcheberryexperience.com/en/info/the_etch_swing

Cl1ntrock
03-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Hey guys...

Mecir..His Papi is here as well..he swings realy rythmical and slow..never seen something like it..looks like ice skating and hits the ball extrem flat..but places em nice..dont realy like that kind of style ..looks a bit boring and and not very explosive..but smooth..

of course tennis is fun..it gets more and more...u gotta love it and the feel of victory is the feeling players are hungry for..winning a tourney or leaving the venue of a tournament without loosing is the greatest feeling...looking back at a good week ...and at challenger level it starts to be the sport dreaming of..Shuttel service..free hotel..new balls..linesmen..drinks..food..towels..interviews. .tv..more money..thats what u work for ..and as u get better it gets BETTER..
dont know exactly mate..they all play PT's..not many play original equipment..all tuned ...if they play the original tuned is says TGK..PTs are old frames with a PJ..

no mate..i never used equipment like that...swinging a raquet for years over and over is the best u can do..no need 2 spend money ..

saram
03-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Hey Clint--when are you taking the courts again in another tournament? Looking forward to the updates here at TW.

Cl1ntrock
03-10-2009, 05:27 AM
Hey Guys..
Its been another grind.Got through three rounds of quali qite safe.Last round i played some younger kid from belgium who hasnt bad..ranked around 1050..that was 63 62..
Was happy to be maindraw and get the event started..
Supersivor asked me 2 help him do the draw..I pulled myself against a seeded guy from croatia called Cerovic..ranked mid 400s somewhere..lost 2 him last summer in three sets..he is a big guy and lefty..loves his serve...
so loosing against a server last week i wasnt realy feeling this weeks draw for 2st round..but thats how it is i guess..
went out this morning..and beat him 7-6 7-6...was 4-5 and 15-40 down..threw out 2 good serves 2 stay in the set..finished the set 7-5 in the breaker with a vorhand down the line returne winner..
second set was no breaks ..he sereved huge..and i wasnt playing that well throughout the entire match..but staying calm and waiting for my chances..
went into the second tie break..ended 10-8 after a chipped return on a big first serve..him staying back i just went for it and ran around my backhand 2 hit an inside out winner..half line half out..the empire called it good..the other guy wasnt happy with this call..but game set match...
was a great for me winning against a guy i dont like playing..big serve..not alot of rythm..have to stick 2 my own strengths and stay calm..worked out good today..although i wasnt feelin the ball 2 well..good 2 win..
i am looking 4ward 2 next match..the guy plays a type of style i like..so this could be agood week..lets see...
sorry for my typing..but internet is limited..and gotta write as quick as i can...
catch u later...

i am looking at the challengers is usa...somebody live near ..Baton rouge,Tallahassie or even Houston..???Housten was weak last year..thinkin bout going for a grand prix on green clay

MichaelChang
03-10-2009, 05:51 AM
Congratulations!! Keep us posted for your next round, and best luck!!

saram
03-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Good on ya, Clint!

Please keep us posted.

I'm within 8 hours or so of all the places you mentioned in the states. I'm sure there are others closer though, to the venues you mentioned--but you are always welcome here--I have some D1 friends that could hit with you as well.

Oui, c'est moi.
03-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Where's that vid of him hitting backhands?

saram
03-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Where's that vid of him hitting backhands?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIJcdMC16rk

ESP#1
03-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Awesome!! keep us posted, we all got your back bro!!!:)

VivalaVida
03-10-2009, 09:34 PM
YES! nice job Clint!