PDA

View Full Version : Nice multi to go with alu power rough?

zeratul90
02-20-2009, 09:08 AM
Hey guys, I've decided to try out Alu Power Rough from the recommendations of my friends. In my current set up, I can't seem to generate a lot of depth on my 2hbh without putting in quite a bit of effort so I decided to put a multi in the crosses. What multi would you guys suggest? I would prefer it be under $12.

Luminous
02-20-2009, 09:37 AM
Personally I'd recommend either Tecnifibre X-One Biphase or Wilson NXT.

jazar
02-20-2009, 09:44 AM
pacific pmx. nice and soft. the perfect foil for polyester

davidahenry
02-20-2009, 10:00 AM
I've used Tecnifibre NRG2 as a cross with Alu Power Rough. It was a very nice hybrid. I switched back to full Alu though - that's just my preference.

Anyway, NRG2 is a little cheaper than X-One BiPhase and a little less powerful - which was a good thing for me.

Take care.

DH

vndesu
02-20-2009, 12:22 PM
I've used Tecnifibre NRG2 as a cross with Alu Power Rough. It was a very nice hybrid. I switched back to full Alu though - that's just my preference.

Anyway, NRG2 is a little cheaper than X-One BiPhase and a little less powerful - which was a good thing for me.

Take care.

DH

i second this.
if you have enough to buy x1s go for it
other wise go for the nrgs.

at one point i started using x1/alu roughs but realized that the alu roughs ate thru the x1s too fast.
but hopefully my next hybrid with nrgs 2 17g/pro supex big aces will work out just as fine.

ci2ca
02-20-2009, 01:36 PM
I second the x-one biphase. I currently use the BB rough and x-one setup.

zeratul90
02-21-2009, 10:14 AM
How much do you guys think I should bump up the tension for the multi? I usually string everything at 58, but thinking of dropping the alu to 55, maybe 60 for the multi? I hit fairly hard on my fh, just my bh that lacks power. Thanks guys!