PDA

View Full Version : XCEL Premium

Fly834
02-20-2009, 10:27 AM
What are some benefits of XCEL premium. Also, how do I tell if I have 16 or 17 string. I can not see that labeled on the actual string, it was strung with this string, because they recommended it.
Thanks!
-Fly834

Valjean
02-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Premium multis normally possess better power and comfort than lower-priced ones. Babolat has elected to offer two that do primarily one thing each; updated Xcel Premium is principally a comfort string with moderate power, and that's a nice combination to have.

Xcel Power offers more power at the expense of some comfort.

Looking at the front of both string boxes, which can be viewed here at TW, can show you how Babolat relates them too. The only recourse you have for finding out what string gauge you have is to compare your racquet's stringbed to that of someone who already knows what gauge he is using. Unless there is a micrometer or a Stringmeter or some like device available for that through someone you know.

Roberto
02-21-2009, 12:24 AM
I noticed that the bite of this string is not the best. Maby not the best string for heavy spin-users. Very comfortable string though with good feel.

At first I thought that I would never string with this again( because of bad bite/spin) but I have not lost a single match so far playing with this string so I don't know.

Il Mostro
02-21-2009, 07:31 AM
Xcel Premium is primarily about comfort. Playability is good for such a soft string, though, unlike something like Wilson Sensation which plays like oatmeal. As Valjean pointed out, Excel Power gives up some comfort compared the Premium, but is not an uncomfortable string by any means. Personally, I much prefer Power.

Fly834
02-21-2009, 12:33 PM
How would you say it compares to Wilson NXT. I previously had NXT, but was recommended Xcel premium for durability. I really enjoyed the feel of NXT once it had broken in a little bit.

antgun007
03-02-2009, 01:31 AM
Okay, xcel is great for durability. used it, would try it again for some cheap string. Tried NXT OS and loved it, cost me 16 dollars, but to me worth the money. good feel, durable, power is there, spin is great and the tension hold is another plus.