PDA

View Full Version : fischer mono v prince mono

yip kok kuin
03-01-2005, 03:19 PM
played with prince mono many years back. stylish stick but unfortunately extremely unstable. Very good for volley though.How does the fischer mono stick compared with the prince mono. Physically, the fischer has a much thicker and not as nice stem. Are there many version of the fischer ones? As far as I know, for the prince, there is only mono and the ripstick. Of course, that ripstick is a hopeless all power and nothing racket.

AndrewD
03-01-2005, 04:53 PM
I loved the Prince Precison Mono and never found it in the least bit unstable. Thought it had good heft and a generous dose of power. Not the best for topspin groundstrokes but if you hit flat or with slice it is a lovely stick. Agree though, it's the best frame for volleying Ive ever used. Low, high or half volleys are effortless, reflex volleys go in (with great angle) and it actually encourages you to attack the volley.
Reminded me a lot of the old wooden racquets which I still find are the easiest ones to serve with. Something about the closed throat just seems to make it so much easier to swing naturally.