PDA

View Full Version : Switching teams during season

raiden031
02-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Is it possible to switch teams within the same league/division once you are already registered in tennislink? And if you could, would you have to pay a new registration fee to do so?

innoVAShaun
02-20-2009, 01:46 PM
I've seen a captain, that had two teams within the same league do that. Once the season started. One of his teams had a better record than the other so he switched the stronger players onto the winning team and moved his weaker players onto the lsing record team.

I'm not sure if he paid for more but I know this had to go through the coordinator's level of access on TennisLink.

Nellie
02-20-2009, 02:56 PM
I think that you can change teams by contacting the coordinator and explaining that you mis-entered the team code. However, you cannot change if you have played any matches.

raiden031
02-20-2009, 03:05 PM
I think that you can change teams by contacting the coordinator and explaining that you mis-entered the team code. However, you cannot change if you have played any matches.

What if its not an error entering the code, but instead you just decide to play on a different team, prior to playing matches? Would you think this would be handled the same way?

JavierLW
02-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Is it possible to switch teams within the same league/division once you are already registered in tennislink? And if you could, would you have to pay a new registration fee to do so?

Ive seen a player who signed up for one team, and then decided he wanted to play on another team before.

The coordinator just moved him, she didnt care, but it probably depends on the coordinator.

There were no fees, no forms, no need to re-register for the 2nd team, the player was just moved from one team to another. (which changed the player numbers for the previous team incidently but those do not matter anymore anyway)

Also the former captain didnt even have to approve of it. (why should he? Who wants some player that doesnt want to be on your team anyway??) The former captain actually didnt even know about it, although I think that was pretty gutless on that players part. (he should of at least mentioned he was moving)

(Not sure why they should care, you are the customer, and they shouldnt want you on a team that you dont want to be on....)

cak
02-20-2009, 03:56 PM
Here in NorCal, as long as you haven't played for either team yet you can switch. It costs a $3 change fee.

Topaz
02-20-2009, 04:41 PM
What if its not an error entering the code, but instead you just decide to play on a different team, prior to playing matches? Would you think this would be handled the same way?

In my area, you would have to complete a 'player deletion' form, which also has to be 'okayed' and signed by the captain you are leaving. There may also be a fee involved. Once all that gets processed, then you are free to re-register for someone else. And, of course, it has to be done before the player wanting the move has played any matches.

So, first step is to contact your league coordinator to see how it works.

raiden031
02-20-2009, 05:29 PM
In my area, you would have to complete a 'player deletion' form, which also has to be 'okayed' and signed by the captain you are leaving. There may also be a fee involved. Once all that gets processed, then you are free to re-register for someone else. And, of course, it has to be done before the player wanting the move has played any matches.

So, first step is to contact your league coordinator to see how it works.

Does that mean the tennislink registration fee is refunded or transfered or would they have to pay it twice?

Topaz
02-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Does that mean the tennislink registration fee is refunded or transfered or would they have to pay it twice?

Sorry, I'm not sure.

tennischik
02-21-2009, 04:29 AM
in my area (alabama,) it's acceptable to switch from one team to another, so long as no matches have been played; this situation just happened in our upcoming spring league. there was no extra fee involved; the coordinator required all parties involved to be informed of the request to switch - the captain of the team (in which the player was leaving,) had to approve. then the coordinator made it happen on tennislink within a day.

cak
02-21-2009, 08:30 AM
In NorCal it's all done on the NorCal website. (We don't use tennislink, our information shows up there magically.*) So the player or the captain can delete them off a team. At that point they have a credit floating in the database. Then the other captain or the player, or for that matter anyone else willing to pony up the three bucks on their credit card can add them to a team.

*A few years back, when the NorCal database interface came out, National USTA threatened to drop NorCal from national competitions if we didn't use tennis link instead. They came to some type of compromise, where NorCal loads tennis link with records and scores. But our interface is much easier to use than tennislink, and can do a ton more stuff online. You can log onto www.ustanorcal.com and check it out. It's very cool. And it's so isolated I'd guess less than 25% of the NorCal players know tennis link even exists.