PDA

View Full Version : Good Cross with Big Hitter Blue 17

emmyc
02-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good cross with Big Hitter Blue 17?

zacinnc78
02-20-2009, 04:44 PM
nrg2 from personal exp

Racer41c
02-23-2009, 10:29 AM
At the moment I'm using Wilson Super Sping with Big Hitter Blue mains. Rediculous spin and lots of fun bashing balls. I only have 2 outings in this setup at this piont, hoping it holds up well.

Jonny S&V
02-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good cross with Big Hitter Blue 17?

Tell us a little about your game and string history and we can give you better suggestions then us telling you what WE think is good.

emmyc
02-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Tell us a little about your game and string history and we can give you better suggestions then us telling you what WE think is good.

My game has a lot of variety. I hit both flat shots and heavy topspin shots. My former string set-up was Gosen Polylon 17 crosses and Gosen OG Sheep Micro 16 mains. The Gosen Polylon was a bit harsh on my arm. I then switched to Gosen Polylon SP 17 mains, but that seemed to lack durability. Now I am using Big Hitter Blue 17 mains and Gosen OG Sheep Micro 16 crosses. Both are strung at 60 lbs. I was wondering if there might be a better cross than OG Sheep Micro.

maxply
02-24-2009, 05:24 AM
I have had great results using Big Hitter silver with Dunlop Max comfort 16

Jonny S&V
02-24-2009, 09:58 AM
My game has a lot of variety. I hit both flat shots and heavy topspin shots. My former string set-up was Gosen Polylon 17 crosses and Gosen OG Sheep Micro 16 mains. The Gosen Polylon was a bit harsh on my arm. I then switched to Gosen Polylon SP 17 mains, but that seemed to lack durability. Now I am using Big Hitter Blue 17 mains and Gosen OG Sheep Micro 16 crosses. Both are strung at 60 lbs. I was wondering if there might be a better cross than OG Sheep Micro.

I would stick with Gosen OG Micro if I were you, considering it's the best bang for your buck that you can get in a synthetic gut. However, if you wanted to try something a wee bit stiffer, try Babolat Superfine Play. I almost prefer it to Gosen (I need something a little stiffer to counteract my Aerogel's flexibility).