PDA

View Full Version : Donnay Pro Cynetic

NoNameZ
02-20-2009, 06:53 PM
Hi, I recently got my hands on a Pro Cynetic 12. It feels great, and I was wondering if anyone had any setups that they liked (on any Pro Cynetic), and I just wanna give this stick some recognition. :)

Thanks everyone

matchmaker
02-20-2009, 09:54 PM
Hi NoNamez,

I see you are digging deeper in the Donnay legacy. How does the Pro Cynetic 12 look? Do you have pics? I know about the Pro Cynetic 1, but never heard of the 12. Is it a midsize frame? Anyway, these Pro Cynetic frames are reputed to play great. I have never been able to lay my hands on one though.

NoNameZ
02-20-2009, 11:53 PM
Hi matchmaker,
yea, I'm really into Donnay rackets. From what I know, the 12 is just a reissued version of the 1 with the new customizeable weights. It's around 85 inches, and I'll try to get some pics up.

ericsson
02-21-2009, 12:01 AM
Hi NoNamez,

I see you are digging deeper in the Donnay legacy. How does the Pro Cynetic 12 look? Do you have pics? I know about the Pro Cynetic 1, but never heard of the 12. Is it a midsize frame? Anyway, these Pro Cynetic frames are reputed to play great. I have never been able to lay my hands on one though.

The Cynetic 12 is infact the same racket but with adjustable weight on the sides.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1175/600x4502008122900033.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

plasma
02-21-2009, 12:13 AM
I remember a "D" shaped weight that screwed into the handle of some

ericsson
02-21-2009, 12:43 AM
I remember a "D" shaped weight that screwed into the handle of some

That's right, the cynetic 12 has one too:

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/7366/80713448.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

plasma
02-21-2009, 12:56 AM
I remember seeing an earlier version with a smaller weight, just the "d", but it screwed right in to ol donnas buttcap too, guess she was less experienced back then, younger and fresher...that's brilliant, customize and tune your own racquet...

NoNameZ
02-21-2009, 11:50 AM
yea, its amazing how the racket feels so different when you change the weights

plasma
02-21-2009, 05:16 PM
I am a PS 85 man (china), spec-wise the donnay seem identical, if you pj'ed a ProCinetic and dropped in in my bag, would i notice playability differences? The ps 85 are made with such precision, they give me confidence. If I could find the same sure shot accuracy with a tiny bit more flex for control, it would be great.

ericsson
02-21-2009, 10:57 PM
I am a PS 85 man (china), spec-wise the donnay seem identical, if you pj'ed a ProCinetic and dropped in in my bag, would i notice playability differences? The ps 85 are made with such precision, they give me confidence. If I could find the same sure shot accuracy with a tiny bit more flex for control, it would be great.

Yes you would certainly know the difference, ps85 is a lot stiffer, the cynetic is sweet man, with lots of control due to the lower flex...(con is the higher SW)

NoNameZ
02-22-2009, 11:36 AM
^^^ yea, the SW is high, and takes a little bit to get used to, but you can get some nice shots in once you break it in.

plasma
02-22-2009, 02:02 PM
my buddy just tragically sold a ProCeramic (procinetic clone) I was after.... Braided graphite is almost better than sex! (almost...well 10-15% depending on.....) How many different variations of this thing were there??? If they're made in Belgium then I'm officially after some!!! I believe bud just sold a black stealth bomber pro cinetic (is it pronounced "sin" or "kin" etic?) that looked like it played like a prostaff and deserved to be in a museum....If I can find a procinetic that weighs as much as a ps 85 (within half an ounce), then I'm guessing I might have a better version of a prostaff in my hand....those euros make a meaannnnn racquet...

NoNameZ
02-22-2009, 08:50 PM
haha I agree with you plasma, euro rackets are crazy good. and I'm not sure how many variations there are. I know that is the Pro Cynetic 1,2,3,4,12, and then the one bud sold a while back was from the same mold. I also heard the Borg Graphite Pro was similar too. plasma, I believe you have the one I'm talking about, yes?

plasma
02-22-2009, 08:52 PM
I wish...I want the Borg Graphite mid badly, I passed up on a wood and a graphite one like a fool! I have a similar 85 but not "the one"

NoNameZ
02-23-2009, 06:43 PM
haha, yea i wish i could get my hands on a Borg Graphite for a reasonable price. i saw 1(?) on the bay for a really high price. haha maybe my luck will change

plasma
02-23-2009, 08:29 PM
apparently there is a wood and a graphite with almost identical cosmetics, that's impressive!

NoNameZ
02-24-2009, 07:16 PM
on top of that they issue so many different paintjobs for a racket.
ie: Pro One Mid, and OS, but nonetheless, great quality and feel

plasma
02-25-2009, 01:54 AM
Prince boron, Head Radical, POG, Prince Pro, Donnay made in Begium OS are the only OS approved by the Plasma foundation...perhaps the graphics of donnay were challenged, but not their high performance...

Virginia
02-25-2009, 02:04 AM
Plasma Foundation has a nice ring to it! :)

plasma, please note, I've uploaded a few pics today - more to come, now that I've got to grips with Picasa at last. Maybe one or two that even you have never seen!

NoNameZ
02-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Prince boron, Head Radical, POG, Prince Pro, Donnay made in Begium OS are the only OS approved by the Plasma foundation...perhaps the graphics of donnay were challenged, but not their high performance...

yup, those are the few OS i actually enjoy hitting with. great taste plasma

NoNameZ
02-25-2009, 07:58 PM
random question: any of you guys hit with the black and yellow donnay pro one? i have a pair in my closet pickin' up dust.

ericsson
02-26-2009, 01:34 AM
random question: any of you guys hit with the black and yellow donnay pro one? i have a pair in my closet pickin' up dust.

Yep i did, great stick but you have to like the flexy feeling, i always strung it a little harder, great touch!

NoNameZ
02-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Yep i did, great stick but you have to like the flexy feeling, i always strung it a little harder, great touch!

that it does. i should find time to get back with it. don't wanna waste it in my closet. i was thinking about selling it actually. still deciding