PDA

View Full Version : New Strings???

ttaggart19
02-21-2009, 11:26 AM
I am just starting to get back into tennis after having not playing competitively for 8 years (since high school). I still have my old racquet Head Ti Laser with the strings that have been on there since. Since coming on this forum I realize how important it is to have your racquet restrung even if you don't break the strings.

My current settings are 16 Gamma Syn Gut at 58 lbs. I've bulked up quite a bit since high school and am wondering if I should maybe get a thinner string (17?) or maybe get it strung at a lower poundage?

I'm also looking into whether to get a new racquet but I've posted that on the racquets board.

Please feel free to give me any comments or suggestions. Thanks

mikeler
02-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Bulked up or gotten fat? :-)

Get your racket restrung with the same stuff. If it breaks after a few matches, then come back here for suggestions. Welcome back to tennis.

[d]ragon
02-21-2009, 11:57 AM
I'd say restring it with the same string at the same tension, try it out, then adjust the tension from there.

ttaggart19
02-21-2009, 12:07 PM
haha, definitely bulked up. I was 6'1" 130 lbs (170 now) in high school, so I've still got that high metabolism working for me.