PDA

View Full Version : New Tecnifibre String!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blade0324
02-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Anyone used this new Black Code string yet. Looks like it's coming out soon but I'm thinking someone here might have seen a sneak preview or done a playtest. Link below to a location that is pre selling it. You are gonna have to remove the spaces.

http://www. racquet solutions. co.uk/ product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=&P_ID=533

ThA_Azn_DeViL
02-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Looks nice, I couldnt tell what it was though, Synthetic Gut?

Blade0324
02-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Looks like a poly from what I can see but I can't even find it on Tecnifibre's website.

ThA_Azn_DeViL
02-21-2009, 04:23 PM
A bit costly, but if its black then we'll finally have a black poly! I'm definately getting my hands on those.

Blade0324
02-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Yeah no doubt a little pricey from what it looks like. I put the question to TW to see if they are gonna be carrying it. I'll update if they respond.

jamauss
02-21-2009, 04:37 PM
I have this string as part of a playtest I'm doing for TW - it's a really nice string so far - look for my comments on it when they start selling it. It is a poly, kinda comparable to ALU Power Rough.

TennisandMusic
02-21-2009, 04:42 PM
I have this string as part of a playtest I'm doing for TW - it's a really nice string so far - look for my comments on it when they start selling it. It is a poly, kinda comparable to ALU Power Rough.

Do you know when TW will have it? That other page says March. Have you ever played with pro line II?

Blade0324
02-21-2009, 04:43 PM
I'm Jeallous. Any chance you have an extra half set laying around you could send this way. I'm happy to review it as well. J/K (not really) :)
On another note have you tried Pro Red Code. I know you mentioned Alu Power Rough but I'm also curious how it is compared to my normal string, red code.

In)SpiRe
02-21-2009, 04:53 PM
It is apparently textured and played by M. Giquel (who knows if this is true?). It is also a co-poly based on the description on the site. Sounds cool to me. Would definitely like to try it out myself!

Fedace
02-21-2009, 04:55 PM
How do you know it will be available in US ? and how does it compare to Red code ?
OH,, i see,,, it is another one of those Hexagonal shape string for MAXimum spin.....everyone jumping on that band wagon...

jamauss
02-21-2009, 05:39 PM
Do you know when TW will have it? That other page says March. Have you ever played with pro line II?
I have no idea when TW will have it. I don't think I have played with Pro Line II - is that a Tecnifibre string?

jamauss
02-21-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm Jeallous. Any chance you have an extra half set laying around you could send this way. I'm happy to review it as well. J/K (not really) :)
On another note have you tried Pro Red Code. I know you mentioned Alu Power Rough but I'm also curious how it is compared to my normal string, red code.

I do have an extra half set sitting in my box of string. I'm keeping it for myself though - I really like the way it plays. :razz:

I have tried Pro Red Code a lot - I have a reel of some 18g and a bunch of sets of 17g. Red Code is not textured like this Black Code string is though. I've noticed a little more spin with the Black Code than I get with Red Code.

Blade0324
02-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Cool but otherwise is the power level, stiffness etc. pretty close to Red Code? How about tension maint.?

jamauss
02-21-2009, 05:49 PM
I would say the Black is a little more stiff than Red Code. I love the way the Black holds tension - it's been in my racquet for a few weeks now and it doesn't feel any looser than when I first strung it up.

I don't want to talk about it too much - I'm submitting a review to TW on my playtest impressions in the next day or so.

Blade0324
02-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Cool thanks for the info, I'll be curious to get your impressions in your review.

Fedace
02-21-2009, 06:40 PM
I would say the Black is a little more stiff than Red Code. I love the way the Black holds tension - it's been in my racquet for a few weeks now and it doesn't feel any looser than when I first strung it up.

I don't want to talk about it too much - I'm submitting a review to TW on my playtest impressions in the next day or so.

Red code is already known to be a super stiff string. if black code is stiffer then is like a metal wire ??

Blade0324
02-22-2009, 07:19 AM
^even if it is really stiff, more so than red code, if it has good power, control and spin potential and holds tension well then I think it has really good potential. Alu rough is also very stiff, more so than red code IMO, and many still like it because of how it plays. bottom line is I'm curious to try this out.

kashgotmoney
02-22-2009, 02:19 PM
A bit costly, but if its black then we'll finally have a black poly! I'm definately getting my hands on those.

msv focus hex is a black poly

Blade0324
02-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Well I have been able to get my hands on a set of this and will post a review of it once I get it strung up I'll post a review of how it plays. Probably be close to the end of the week before I get a chance to try it out.

ChuDat
02-23-2009, 10:25 PM
I know someone whos sponsored with Tecnifibre. I think he was using Black Codes the last time I saw him.

Blade0324
03-05-2009, 07:56 AM
So it has taken me a little while to get around to this one but I'll offer some initial thoughts. I strung this up in the mains at 58 with Spiral Flex crosses at 60. My initial thoughts upon stringing is that it has some added flex over Red Code and most other poly's I have tried out. When pulling tension it seemed to have some decent give to it. You can certainly feel the texture to the string as well. My initial hit tells me that while the string has some nice give it is still a poly and all the control is there. Spin seems to be easy to access on servies and groundies and there is good feedback from the strings. I cannot speak to volleys yet as I only played 2 sets of singles and did not actually hit any volleys. I'll update back with more info after my next hit tomorrow morning.

Blade0324
03-07-2009, 11:00 AM
So I've not had 3 hitting sessions with this string and here are my thoughts so far.
In addition to the above mentioned I find that this string is a bit more powerful than Pro Red Code in the same guage at the same tension. In comparing them side by side I don't notice any more or less spin off the ground but do seem to get more bite on serves. My slice and kicker have nice movement on them, almost too much for my liking. I find it harder to hit a good flat serve and my slice backhand floats a little too much for my liking too. Volleys are what I would consider average but the feel on the strings is softer on volleys. All in all this is a nice string that seems to hold tension nicely and plays pretty well too. It is a little too soft feeling for my taste and the bite on the ball is a little too much for me as well. ( A side note, this seems to have more bite than Blue Gear) I like a pretty stiff and dead feeling stringbed so this will not be a string I use going forward but is another good offering from Tecnifibre.

jamauss
03-07-2009, 01:28 PM
I'll agree w/ you about the power - I found it definitely more powerful than RedCode. I liked it on flat serves though - gave me a lot of pop.

vmosrafa08
03-07-2009, 01:37 PM
the website says that it has a pentagonal shape for max spin...

ihearit1st
03-07-2009, 01:41 PM
i did a playtest for string forum with this string. i didn't know that's what it was at the time, but it was a hexagonal, black poly string. lots of pop, but it killed my arm, much more than red code. and it broke fairly quickly.

Blade0324
03-07-2009, 04:54 PM
jamauss, did you notice the increase in what I would call stretch when stringing it too?

Casco
03-08-2009, 05:43 AM
msv focus hex is a black poly

And there's a new Gamma Zo that's black, too.

SOY78
03-08-2009, 07:40 AM
I really like the spin that is comming off the string bed with this string. Yes it is powerfull but not too powerfull like the Luxilon M2 Pro.

jamauss
03-08-2009, 09:34 AM
jamauss, did you notice the increase in what I would call stretch when stringing it too?
Yeah, definitely. I think that's what helps it hold tension pretty well. It stretched more than most other polys when I strung it.

Jonny S&V
03-08-2009, 09:42 AM

Thread about Pro Line II:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=246300

bodave2
05-12-2009, 08:35 AM
I'm getting 2 rackets strung with it right now, all show pics and review when its done.

mlnsdj
05-13-2009, 07:15 PM
First impression of this string...I hit with it for about an hour and a half. Seemed to hold tension well throughout. It's definitely very soft feeling. Doesn't feel like a poly to me, but the ball reacts like it's a poly. Best of both worlds, I guess. I used the 16g, since it's really more like a 16L at 1.28, mainly for durability. We'll see how it holds up. When stringing, I couldn't really tell it was shaped differently.

Plenty of spin and power. More spin than most other strings I've tried. Ball pockets very well, and control is very good, too. Some of the softer poly's like SPPP and the late great Tecnifibre Spinfire were too powerful, too springy for my 16x19 string pattern, even at higher tensions. I like Topspin Cyberflash a lot, it has plenty of pop and tons of control, and it is soft for a poly, but this Black Code honestly feels more like a multi or synthetic gut, very comfortable, just with the control and spin properties of a poly. It may change as the string settles in, but as of right now it's the best I've tried since switching to poly strings. I've not tried Red Code, so no comparison to it, but I have used the following: PH, PHT, SPPP, Cyberflash, ALU Pwr and Rough, Ace Touch, Spinfire, Sonic Pro. I string a full string bed, and string between 56 and 58, depending on the string. I used to string synthetic at 62.

bachikho
04-03-2010, 09:21 AM
@mlnsdj: how is Black Code compared to Sonic Pro?