PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pure Storm Tour Setup

JonnyJolly11
02-21-2009, 05:32 PM
What is a good string setup for a Babolat pure storm tour?

I am currently using Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour at 59 lbs

I'm looking for something with a bit more spin and power, or just better playability all around.

Any suggestions?

monomakh
02-22-2009, 12:11 AM
I just got my PSTs and am still going through that myself, right now I'm comparing ALU Rough 17g (M) @ 50/BDE gut (X) @ 55 and Kirshbaum Pro Line II 16g @50/BDE @55.

Before that I used a 16g poly / X-1 biphase and a full X-1 biphase ~@60. Of these two setups, the full X-1 was my favorite, but I snapped that in less than 6 hours on court. Both were good, setups and I wouldn't mind them again, only in lower tension.

As you would expect the ALU rough is the more spin friendly of the two current setups I'm using. It's still not in APDC (or even Wilson 6.1 16x18 ) class for spin, but it's better than it was and still better than an 18x20 frame.

I haven't hit with the new strings long enough to have a clear preference.

I'm a spin-oriented guy, so I'm looking for what you're looking for as well. If I could find a frame with PSL's feel with the APDC's spin, I would be in heaven. My next string test is either going to be PHT (like you're using now; I have plenty of experience with the string in other frames), MSV Hex, or gut mains/good multi cross (I love gut mains ... it's the lack of durability that gets me).

Let me know what you try next (or if you give the rough or msv hex a shot)

vndesu
02-22-2009, 12:28 AM
x1 mains / alu powe crosses at 62

ClubHoUno
02-22-2009, 03:04 AM
See my signature for suggestions :D

Babolat VS Touch 16 will give you nice spin, nice power and some control.
Hybrid it with a poly or recoil and you also get a little bit of spin.

PED
02-22-2009, 06:00 AM
I love full alu power at 55/52. Great spin and power. I found that once I went over mid tension in the PST that the power dropped off. BBO works well at the same tension as does full CF as well.

The PST is soft enough that you can use the stiffer poly's without any arm issues.

PED
02-22-2009, 06:01 AM
x1 mains / alu powe crosses at 62

I love this setup but I can't afford to restring every 90 minutes ;)

Incredible power and fantastic spin. I liked the X1/alu much better than VS/alu.

ChuDat
02-24-2009, 11:09 PM
I love this setup but I can't afford to restring every 90 minutes ;)

Incredible power and fantastic spin. I liked the X1/alu much better than VS/alu.

Yeah X1s are nice just not the price. Redcodes and X1s equals one killer string job. If I did use this setup I'd have to cough up $37 everytime I broke a string(s)

reomi
02-25-2009, 09:08 PM
hitting pro supex big ace mains and nat gut crosses at 53/57 with good results also have tried timo mains and nxt crosses also very nice, just wanted to see what the hype was with the big ace and had a half set of gut around.

Of course the babolat hybrids seem to be what the racquet was designed around.

Agree to stick to mid tensions on this frame. Anything above 60 and you'd better have tremendous head speed.

aussiegrinder
02-28-2009, 12:50 AM
The best value/quality setup i have found is topspin cyberflash 1.20mm mains with pro supex maxim touch 1.30 gauge as cross tecnifibre nrg2 also works well as a cross but a little more $