PDA

View Full Version : Juan Carlos Ferrero...

saram
02-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Anyone know why he retired against Nalby on Friday? Can't find the info out there on the web.

Would love to know if he was injured or not or if it was something else.

ESP#1
02-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Injured his right leg, dont know anymore details

saram
02-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Hope it isn't serious.

ESP#1
02-21-2009, 09:31 PM
yea man great talent, can beat anyone on a good day, hope he can stay healthy

saram
02-21-2009, 09:33 PM
yea man great talent, can beat anyone on a good day, hope he can stay healthy

I am amazed that being a Spaniard--he does so well on the slick surfaces like grass and HC.

ESP#1
02-21-2009, 09:50 PM
They have hardcourts at the club he played at in Valencia

saram
02-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I saw that in the no strings special on him on the tennis channel. downloaded it all off youtube.

ESP#1
02-21-2009, 10:04 PM
what do u play best on?

saram
02-21-2009, 10:10 PM
I play best on clay. I used to race bicycles professionally and still have the legs and lungs that clay demands. I'm not a huge bloke, so the grinding and pounding that clay puts on my opponents thighs is something I prefer. Also, I can only hit a flat serve at about 115 on a good day--so clay neutralizes the speed of my opponents serve and we can get into the grinding of clay.

What about you?

Tempest344
02-21-2009, 10:24 PM
sucks that he's injured...wasn't it his leg last year as well that had injury concerns?

Hopefully he recovers...love that Forehand

ESP#1
02-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Not really fit enough to grind on clay at the moment, i like the slower hard courts, id have to say my game is more of a work in progress, i have game but still having trouble putting things together sometimes, clay helps me with my patients and helps me keep my eyes on the ball better(bad bounces) was reading clints fitness tips and probably going to start training hard, let me know if you got any tips

saram
02-21-2009, 10:41 PM
Not really fit enough to grind on clay at the moment, i like the slower hard courts, id have to say my game is more of a work in progress, i have game but still having trouble putting things together sometimes, clay helps me with my patients and helps me keep my eyes on the ball better(bad bounces) was reading clints fitness tips and probably going to start training hard, let me know if you got any tips

I am about to hit the sack, but I will put a drill my doubles partner and I do and work with that is totally intense and will get your heart rate up there and work on your strokes.

I'll post it tomorrow.

ESP#1
02-21-2009, 10:43 PM
I am about to hit the sack, but I will put a drill my doubles partner and I do and work with that is totally intense and will get your heart rate up there and work on your strokes.

I'll post it tomorrow.

Awesome

thanks

saram
02-21-2009, 10:48 PM
I'll put it in clint's thread for ya. Night, mate.

ESP#1
02-22-2009, 08:47 PM
I'll put it in clint's thread for ya. Night, mate.

Caught the drills on clints page, pretty good seems intense, writing here cause im trying to avoid a complete hijack

the only thing seems like the push up thing would make you wanna keep the rallies short, :)

how often do you guys do this? seems like you guys are pretty serious about your training, im starting to do the same also, i need to step it up, thanks for the tips its always cool to see how other people approach similar goals

saram
02-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Caught the drills on clints page, pretty good seems intense, writing here cause im trying to avoid a complete hijack

the only thing seems like the push up thing would make you wanna keep the rallies short, :)

how often do you guys do this? seems like you guys are pretty serious about your training, im starting to do the same also, i need to step it up, thanks for the tips its always cool to see how other people approach similar goals

From Spring to Fall--we try and do it at least twice a week. It is totally intense and sometimes, you want to puke. By the end, we are two guys without shirts, soaked in sweat and hitting the towel every two minutes.

Yes, the push-ups are there and painful--but works the body. We do it for the workout and intensity. Makes playing singles pretty mundane at times.

I learned as a cyclist to train the anaerobic threshold as much as you can. This intensity during training makes match play seem less extreme.

mdjenders
02-23-2009, 02:49 AM
FYI, it appears that ferrero has injured the same hip abductor that kept him out for the entire end of 2008. It is a shame how his career continues to be wrecked by injury. At his peak level, his forehand was a massive weapon, and his movement second to none.

saram
02-23-2009, 05:34 AM
FYI, it appears that ferrero has injured the same hip abductor that kept him out for the entire end of 2008. It is a shame how his career continues to be wrecked by injury. At his peak level, his forehand was a massive weapon, and his movement second to none.

Ugh...that sucks. And, thanks for the information.

ESP#1
02-23-2009, 11:26 AM
From Spring to Fall--we try and do it at least twice a week. It is totally intense and sometimes, you want to puke. By the end, we are two guys without shirts, soaked in sweat and hitting the towel every two minutes.

Yes, the push-ups are there and painful--but works the body. We do it for the workout and intensity. Makes playing singles pretty mundane at times.

I learned as a cyclist to train the anaerobic threshold as much as you can. This intensity during training makes match play seem less extreme.

yea i cycled alot when I hurt my knee, these days ive been doing alot of leg work, lunges and squats, ive also been working of speed drills(check out the murray sight) yoga and plyometrics, on court training consist of working on rallies, similar to yours without the push ups :)

saram
02-23-2009, 11:36 AM
^^Murray has some GREAT stuff on his site in terms of physio. Love taking a gander over there on occasion.