PDA

View Full Version : In a girl/string delima.

Jsa2u
02-22-2009, 03:23 AM
The other day the girl I like and I were playing tennis when her strings broke. I then let her know that I had a stringer and would be happy to string it for her for free. She said okay and lent me her racquet. I got all the way to the last tie off and accidently double overed on the lassst cross and tied off. I untied tohe know and fixed it but when pulling the last know again the string broke. (syn gut) All I have left in string is some ugly green gosen and some wilson hollowcore. She said she didnt like colorful string but everyone says hollowcore play awful. Which string should I restring with? :confused: kind of silly i know

Tofi
02-22-2009, 03:24 AM
buy a new string and tell her the racket will be back with her in a weeks time.

Steve F.
02-22-2009, 03:36 AM
Go to the store today and buy 2 packs of decent string (one is a backup if the other breaks). String the racquet and give it to her as promised, on time, free, and strung with better string than you intended. If you like her, it's worth the extra effort you're making, and chances are, she'll appreciate it all even more. Now get offline and go to the store! ;) Good luck.

Lindsay
02-22-2009, 03:39 AM
I love Hollowcore. And I'm a girl!

alcap26
02-22-2009, 05:53 AM
Just use the hollow core and explain to her it is a new wilson offering. If she hates it offer to restring it with the synthetic gut for free. I don't think she will complain about the hollow core.

EndLy
02-22-2009, 05:58 AM
tell her the hollowcore isn't even out yet and she would be one of the first people to test it out :D lol

be creative , i'm sure you can make something great out of a bad situation

nickarnold2000
02-22-2009, 07:19 AM
Go to the store today and buy 2 packs of decent string (one is a backup if the other breaks). String the racquet and give it to her as promised, on time, free, and strung with better string than you intended. If you like her, it's worth the extra effort you're making, and chances are, she'll appreciate it all even more. Now get offline and go to the store! ;) Good luck.
Sound advice! Let us know what happens...

YULitle
02-22-2009, 07:22 AM

Good!

But, don't go telling her about your strife like you're proud of the effort. It's better she never know than hear it from you in that way. Your extra effort will eventually come up and you'll look ten times better than if you were to bring it up right away.

saram
02-22-2009, 07:36 AM
This thread should be a sticky...hilarious thus far! Please keep us posted as to what unfolds.

skierpaul
02-22-2009, 07:08 PM
The hollow core is a great all around string. Those who don't like it are generally poly snobs. String it up for her.

Storm_Kyori
02-22-2009, 07:12 PM
If she really like the strings she is using now (Syn gut) try to get those and string it. If she said she doesn't care for colorful strings, try the hollowcore and tell her it's a new string that you thought she might like and let her hit with it. It's true, it's fairly new. If she finds it terrible, tell her you'll have it back to her later that day.

ElMagoElGato
02-22-2009, 07:17 PM
George Harrison had a song for you 20 years ago. If you got your mind set on her, take his advice.

saram
02-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Hey, we're looking for an update here, OP!!!!!

ElMagoElGato
02-22-2009, 07:30 PM
He must have been dating the girl at the tournament.

SFrazeur
02-22-2009, 07:38 PM
I still find the title of the thread humorous.

-SF

samster
02-22-2009, 07:40 PM
I say go with the Hollow Core, the new premier Wilson string.

EasleyTennis
02-22-2009, 07:45 PM
First things first, we're going to need to see pics of this girl to verify how much time/money you'll need to spend.

tennisfreak15347
02-22-2009, 07:57 PM
so you're not going to string hollow core for her just based on poor reviews? and yes, pictures would help.:oops:

MegacedU
02-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Hurricane and Xcel. I've converted a lot of people.

kimbahpnam
02-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Unless she told you she didn't want the HC, go with it. Not EVERYBODY is in agreement on the HC.

Or I guess you can try PJing the gosen :)

btw, what's a delima?

Jsa2u
02-23-2009, 03:07 AM
I am heading to the store today and buying a couple of packs of string. I figure I can't go wrong stringing some syn gut she already had. I def didn't expect so much feedback. hahaha I will keep you updated. I am not saying a word though. :) It feels worng to post pics.

hellojeffo
02-23-2009, 04:06 AM
All the best for you.. me and my gf were reading this post, and she was saying why am I not as sweet as you are.. Go with whatever you feel is best, and keep us updated :D

She must be someone you reaaaaaaly like.. i can understand it :)

Bad Dog
02-23-2009, 07:00 AM
I figure I can't go wrong stringing some syn gut she already had.

I have played with Hollow Core, and it seems significantly better than most syn guts. Hollow Core is a very decent string no outrageous performance; but not outrageously priced like the top performing multifilaments.