PDA

View Full Version : Liquidmetal Prestige MID

dayvie
03-01-2005, 07:29 PM
I started playing tennis last year, and i didnt know about the differences in racquets, so i just started using what looks nice... but i noticed people saying my liquidmetal prestige has a dense string pattern, so it's better for players with flat strokes, but i normally use topspin and slice.

I was wondering if i could compensate that with a 18gauge string or something... and i was wondering if the spin potential with my liquidmetal prestige + 18gauge string is as good as hmm say... a spin friendly racquet like the babolat aeropro drive(i dont know of any other spin friendly racquets). if so, can you make some suggestions on cheaper 18gauge strings?

it would be awesome if people who have decent experience at tennis could answer my question, thanks.

raven5288
03-01-2005, 07:46 PM
um yeah, with a 18g string you will get more spin, but no where along the lines like the AeroPro Drive or any babolat. It's more of a flat hitting racquet, especially serves. This thing can drop some huge flat bombs. Good slices too. Either way, the LM prestige is a great racquet that demands good technique to make good shots. Just yesterday I figured out an ideal balanced stance when preparing to rip a forehand, and it really works. Before when I was playing with a Hyper Hammer 5.3, I could just swing wildly and get some heat on the ball. But when I got my LM prestige MP, I really had to concentrate on mechanics and whatnot to really play well. If you just started a year ago, you might not want to play with this racquet just cause you don't have the technique, but on the other hand, this thing will make you learn good technique early to play well and that's always good. I say you demo it out first and you decide if you can play with it.

BLiND
03-02-2005, 12:47 AM
If you've only been going a year and your using a Prestige Mid your either exceptional or a little silly... its a tough stick to play consistantly with.

Anyway, I can't talk, I've been playing for 1.5 yrs and also play with this stick!... but I have progressed from 0 to 3.0 in 1 yr, and am knocking at the door of 4.0 now.

Anyway, yeah the prestige you need excellent technique for spin, I can generate as much spin as any racquet on my forehand, but struggle because my technique is much worse on my backhand.... to maximise the spin, use an 18g string... the dense pattern should mean they last longer than they should do... also string it much lower than most... say ~52lbs some people play below 50lbs and still love it.

If your happy with the frame, and are consistant, and can play for a long time without fatigue, then stick with it, its a great frame.