PDA

View Full Version : Ideal tension for LM prestige MP?

raven5288
03-01-2005, 07:34 PM
So I just got my prestige restrung, and wow, it feels a lot stiffer. It's not bad or anything, I'm just having to hit harder on my serves but I really am ripping my forehands now. I have bab hurricane 16 in the mains at 59 and Bab vs 16 in the crosses at 57. I've heard that low to mid tension is the way to go, but I need some real feedback. I'm looking for good feel and control and not much power. Thanks everybody.

BLiND
03-02-2005, 12:49 AM
yeah 59 is high for Prestige MP... I personally wouldn't go above 56, but thats just me. But you say your playing well with it, and you don't want much power, so if your playing well, then its a good tension for you!

dontran
08-30-2006, 05:51 PM
So I just got my prestige restrung, and wow, it feels a lot stiffer. It's not bad or anything, I'm just having to hit harder on my serves but I really am ripping my forehands now. I have bab hurricane 16 in the mains at 59 and Bab vs 16 in the crosses at 57. I've heard that low to mid tension is the way to go, but I need some real feedback. I'm looking for good feel and control and not much power. Thanks everybody.

I have it at this tension and I hate it! I want to go higher. I will ask the local shop how high they can go, I am thinking 66 for more control and less power. I hate the trampoline effect on my racket.