PDA

View Full Version : Whoa! djokovic hits 187 kph forehand!

VivalaVida
02-22-2009, 11:34 AM
This is freakin incredible. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO5JEg48Lm8 forward to 8.50 please. 187 kph=116 mph. Sweet!:) Nole knows how to lose a match with style.

maximo
02-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Must be the new Head Speed Pro racquet. :D

Staiger
02-22-2009, 11:49 AM
wow ! I thought Tsonga hit the ball quick

Shaolin
02-22-2009, 11:56 AM
Im more amazed that you were able to watch that crap picture quality all the way up to 8:50. 116 on a FH is sick though.

samster
02-22-2009, 11:57 AM
that's why he is not in the final.

VivalaVida
02-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Im more amazed that you were able to watch that crap picture quality all the way up to 8:50. 116 on a FH is sick though.
there is a button called "watch in high quality", It def helps IMO

VivalaVida
02-22-2009, 12:08 PM
huh :-? what does that have to do with this ridiclous forehand? The fact that djokovic lost this match doesnt make this forehand any less impressive.

oneguy21
02-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Forehand at 8:57.... holy *****! Fastest forehand I've ever seen.

Looked faster than Monfils' 120 mph at the AO.

He hit that thing out of anger.

ESP#1
02-22-2009, 12:28 PM
I saw him do that at queens against nadal, he can really rip it when he wants to

saram
02-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Holy crap! That was sweet!

oneguy21
02-22-2009, 12:50 PM
He should do that more often. I mean his normal forehand is heavy and penetrating, but if he can do that on a regular basis, I'd put his forehand right up there with Verdasco and Gonzalez

Big-Serve
02-22-2009, 12:59 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=3151959&postcount=597

zagor
02-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Yeah,remember that one.It was really a bomb,he hit similar a FH winner against Nadal in Queens last year.Wish he start going for it a bit earlier in the match though,he needs to be more agressive off ground and take more initiative IMO.

zagor
02-22-2009, 01:00 PM

Not really,that FH won him the only point in tiebreaker,if anything he should have risked more earlier in the match.He was getting completely bullied around the court by Tsonga.

saram
02-22-2009, 01:05 PM

I am sure the OP will send you some cookies or cupcakes for stealing your thunder :)

gj011
02-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Not really,that FH won him the only point in tiebreaker,if anything he should have risked more earlier in the match.He was getting completely bullied around the court by Tsonga.

Well this is not quite accurate assessment of the match. I didn't see your "bullying". The match was pretty close and Djokovic won at least equal number of rallies. In the first Djokovic had 5 BPs vs Tsonga's one, but Tsonga's clutch serving saved him. Second set was fairly even with both holding until the TB.

zagor
02-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Well this is not quite accurate assessment of the match. I didn't see your "bullying". The match was pretty close and Djokovic won at least equal number of rallies. In the first Djokovic had 5 BPs vs Tsonga's one, but Tsonga's clutch serving saved him. Second set was fairly even with both holding until the TB.

Bullying as in meaning that Tsonga was in control of most of the points from the baseline or had initiative if you like,Djokovic rellied too much on defense IMO.He's playing too passive lately in comparison to the first half of the last year when he was more agressive from the ground,he was more blowing opponents off court then grinding them down like he does now.That's my opinion,it's fine if you disagree.Regardless of Tsonga's power from the baseline,Djokovic shouldn't be that passive,he was hitting shorter balls than he should allowing Tsonga to take control of the point too many times IMO.

The match was tight,don't disagree there and Djokovic certainly had chances in the first set and was on equal terms with Tsonga but Tsonga served great and outplayed Novak in second set tiebreak.

I think Verdasco bullied Nadal around the court and Berdych bullied Fed around the court at AO this year,that doesn't mean that those matches weren't very close as well.

VivalaVida
02-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Bullying as in meaning that Tsonga was in control of most of the points from the baseline or had initiative if you like,Djokovic rellied too much on defense IMO.He's playing too passive lately in comparison to the first half of the last year when he was more agressive from the ground,he was more blowing opponents off court then grinding them down like he does now.That's my opinion,it's fine if you disagree.Regardless of Tsonga's power from the baseline,Djokovic shouldn't be that passive,he was hitting shorter balls than he should allowing Tsonga to take control of the point too many times IMO.

The match was tight,don't disagree there and Djokovic certainly had chances in the first set and was on equal terms with Tsonga but Tsonga served great and outplayed Novak in second set tiebreak.

I think Verdasco bullied Nadal around the court and Berdych bullied Fed around the court at AO this year,that doesn't mean that those matches weren't very close as well.
great assessment there Zagor. I didnt see the match but the saw the highlights. I am surprised to see the tremendous amount of variety in tsongas game. I think tsonga can def win some GS's in his career.

VivalaVida
02-22-2009, 01:44 PM
I posted a link, therefore I win! :D

gj011
02-22-2009, 01:51 PM

Still do not agree on two points. Word bullying in this context means something different than you explained and Tsonga was not in control of most of the points from the baseline. Tsonga served superbly and played important points much better and that is why he won the match, not because he was constantly "bullying" Djokovic from the baseline, which he wasn't.

zagor
02-22-2009, 01:58 PM
great assessment there Zagor. I didnt see the match but the saw the highlights. I am surprised to see the tremendous amount of variety in tsongas game. I think tsonga can def win some GS's in his career.

Thanks,I think Tsonga has too much talent not win a slam at some point but it's not a sure bet with him since he's so injury prone.He does have plenty of variety in his game and is improving that BH nicely.

Still do not agree on two points. Word bullying in this context means something different than you explained and Tsonga was not in control of most of the points from the baseline. Tsonga served superbly and played important points much better and that is why he won the match, not because he was "bullying" Djokovic from the baseline.

Okay,you're right,sorry if it sounded wrong.I'll refer to it as dictating play or controling the point from now on.Now that I think about it "bullying" did sound wrong(although I did mean it in the context that I explained)so I apologize.

However I do think Tsonga was dictating play and was in control of most of the points from the baseline,Djokovic was giving him too many short balls to attack IMO.I still have several matches I recorded from Djokovic from AO and IW last year and IMO he was playing more agressive,was hitting harder and deeper,nowadays he plays too passive and relies to much on defense and errors from opponent.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
02-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Monfils 1upped him by 4-5mph. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx2NReqIqQ4) Still, very impressive shot from Djokovic.

beneszilo
02-22-2009, 02:32 PM
OMG! What a forehand.

Oui, c'est moi.
02-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Impressive.