PDA

View Full Version : Rainouts

cak
02-22-2009, 12:15 PM
I know we all claim we can play tennis 365 days a year in the sunny state of California, but reality sometimes bites.

I'm in charge of court schedules for USTA leagues at my small club. Six courts, 4 senior teams, 2 of which made playoffs and 3 mixed teams. Only three of the courts have lights, which we have to clear with the tennis pro to ensure he's not teaching those nights, and seniors don't play nights anyway. Virtually all matches are played on weekends. And just as we got all the schedules tucked away, in comes the rain. We've had the three of the last four weekends rained out. What a mess.

ChuDat
02-22-2009, 12:30 PM
I know we all claim we can play tennis 365 days a year in the sunny state of California, but reality sometimes bites.

I'm in charge of court schedules for USTA leagues at my small club. Six courts, 4 senior teams, 2 of which made playoffs and 3 mixed teams. Only three of the courts have lights, which we have to clear with the tennis pro to ensure he's not teaching those nights, and seniors don't play nights anyway. Virtually all matches are played on weekends. And just as we got all the schedules tucked away, in comes the rain. We've had the three of the last four weekends rained out. What a mess.

Yeah the rain here has been unpredictable. Sometimes it's clear for an hour then it starts pouring again and then it clears up and then once it seems nice to go out and play it starts raining again. It's been forever since I've played on a weekend.