PDA

View Full Version : How durable is Gosen OG Micro as a cross?

ogruskie
02-22-2009, 08:11 PM
I'd like to hybrid this with Silverstring in the mains. I need a fairly cheap and durable synthetic string in the cross. OG Micro is very cheap, but how easily does it break?

zeratul90
02-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Well so far, this is the 1st time using it for me but, in my hybrid with BG and OG micro both at 58lbs, I've been hitting with it for over a month, maybe 2 now and doesn't seem like its going to break anytime soon. The plastic covering on a few places were taken off but I don't see anything else besides that (no deep notches yet either). I hit a fair amount of topspin on both sides btw if that matters.

ogruskie
02-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Well so far, this is the 1st time using it for me but, in my hybrid with BG and OG micro both at 58lbs, I've been hitting with it for over a month, maybe 2 now and doesn't seem like its going to break anytime soon. The plastic covering on a few places were taken off but I don't see anything else besides that (no deep notches yet either). I hit a fair amount of topspin on both sides btw if that matters.

That's really interesting. We both use the same racquets, too. Guess strings don't break as easily on those dense string patterns.

How much do you play per week?

lawlitssoo1n
02-22-2009, 08:52 PM
LOL i use it too. and they do not break. mine is way up at 64/63

i play everyday for 2 hours max

zeratul90
02-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Depending on my school schedule, I would play 2-4days a week, I play for about 2-3hours on the weekdays and sunday except about 5-6hours on sat with my friends.

ogruskie
02-22-2009, 08:57 PM
I simply can't decided between Gosen OG Micro and Forten Sweet. You don't even understand, my mind is being ripped apart. I've been debating all day.

saram
02-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Gosen is the real deal. Get it in a reel. I like it better than Forten.

ogruskie
02-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah today I bought a Silent Partner Swing :):):) so I've been looking for reels only. I've set my mind on Silverstring mains, just need a durable synthetic gut. Even though I'll have my own stringer, I still don't want to restring too often as I'm pretty busy throughout the week. However, if it can last me at least 2 weeks, I'll be fine.

blue12
02-22-2009, 09:07 PM
What brand of Silverstring are you using?
I have some Weiss Cannon and am curious how it plays!

I've used OG Sheep for years. It's a pretty decent string, a little stiff though if you use it by itself. The reel I got came out to $1.80 a set, ridiculously cheap!

ogruskie
02-22-2009, 09:12 PM
What brand of Silverstring are you using?
I have some Weiss Cannon and am curious how it plays!

I've used OG Sheep for years. It's a pretty decent string, a little stiff though if you use it by itself. The reel I got came out to $1.80 a set, ridiculously cheap!

Silverstring is made by Weiss Cannon. I've never played with it, but I'm going to take a gamble and buy the 17g reel since I've read nothing but great reviews.

blue12
02-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Why not just try a set or two?
You've got me curious about it now! Almost gave the set I have away!