PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid advice

robJAR
02-23-2009, 10:53 AM
CF mains with OGsheep crosses at 58/54

or

OGsheep mains with CF crosses at 59/55

Basically, I'm asking how hybrids work. What are the benefits of putting either string at the mains or crosses? What's good to come if you string your crosses tighter than the mains? If I put the OGsheep in the mains, will I get more power rather than putting CF in the mains?

I get confused about hybrids, so help a fellow member out :)

-robJAR

mikeler
02-23-2009, 11:27 AM
CF mains with OGsheep crosses at 58/54

or

OGsheep mains with CF crosses at 59/55

Basically, I'm asking how hybrids work. What are the benefits of putting either string at the mains or crosses? What's good to come if you string your crosses tighter than the mains? If I put the OGsheep in the mains, will I get more power rather than putting CF in the mains?

I get confused about hybrids, so help a fellow member out :)

-robJAR

Since the mains usually break first, I put the poly in the mains and the synthetic gut in the crosses for durability. I forgot to change the tension on my hybrid, so I'm at 60 lbs in both strings. It works well for me.

Luminous
02-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Yes personally I'd put the Poly in the mains and the Synthetic gut in the crosses! I'd Also do the Cross (Synthetic Gut) at slightly higher tension to the mains

hoodjem
02-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Do CF in the mains for spin and durability. Make sure you use CF 1.20 mm. Also consider using the 18 gauge Gosen for more feel and better touch

I would rec the poly mains at 54, and the synth crosses at 58.

LeeD
02-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Best and worse of both worlds?

robJAR
02-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Do CF in the mains for spin and durability. Make sure you use CF 1.20 mm. Also consider using the 18 gauge Gosen for more feel and better touch

I would rec the poly mains at 54, and the synth crosses at 58.

Hah, man I've seen you comment in my other two threads showing you the strings I ordered.. And for the last time **I didn't order the 1.20, and probably never will.. Maybe the 18 gauge Gosen but I only have 16/17 gauge at the moment.**

Why do you recommend the crosses at a higher tension? What are the benefits of it?

-robJAR

aimr75
02-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Why do you recommend the crosses at a higher tension? What are the benefits of it?

-robJAR

poly is stiffer, so higher tension with the synth gut should provide a more even tension across the string bed, as i understand it

Ilove10nis
02-23-2009, 06:26 PM
poly is stiffer, so higher tension with the synth gut should provide a more even tension across the string bed, as i understand it

I agree with you. If you out Poly on Main string and Syn guts or Multi on cross. Cross should be 2-5 lbs ( it's depend on person) higher than main string. For me i put 3 lbs higher.

robJAR
02-24-2009, 07:42 AM
Ahh I see.. So the second setup would work if I wanted to put syngut in the mains.. And as for the first setup I do 58/60?

-robJAR

Ilove10nis
02-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Ahh I see.. So the second setup would work if I wanted to put syngut in the mains.. And as for the first setup I do 58/60?

-robJAR

Yes- In general, I would say that!!! Again!, it's really depend on personal like...

IMO, you should try it and adjust it to your best..:)

robJAR
02-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Alright good idea. I just don't want to distort my frame and stuff.. Have to start estimating tension loss.. Completely forgot about that :(

-robJAR