PDA

View Full Version : Prince Synthetic Gut Soft 16/17

Applesauceman
02-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Anyone know the Stiffness (lbs/in) and Tension Loss (lbs) for Prince Synthetic Gut Soft 16 and 17?

This string is also known as Ektelon Powerplay I believe.

Thanks!

ronalditop
02-23-2009, 03:52 PM
if by "prince syn gut soft" you mean "prince syn gut multifilament", then:

psgm 16 - stifness: 196 t. loss: 13.98
psgm 17 - stifness: 178 t. loss: 16.08

Applesauceman
02-23-2009, 03:55 PM
if by "prince syn gut soft" you mean "prince syn gut multifilament", then:

psgm 16 - stifness: 196 t. loss: 13.98
psgm 17 - stifness: 178 t. loss: 16.08

Nope, I have several packages of Prince Synthetic Gut Soft, which TW formerly sold as Ektelon Powerplay.

I believe that the stats I'm looking for come from Racquet Sports Industry magazine?

ronalditop
02-23-2009, 04:02 PM
yes, they come from there.

rich s
02-23-2009, 04:46 PM
yes, they come from there.

Prince Syn Gut Multi is NOT Prince Syn Gut Soft.

re-read his post.

Applesauceman
02-26-2009, 05:37 AM
Prince Syn Gut Multi is NOT Prince Syn Gut Soft.

re-read his post.

Yep, Prince Syn Gut Multi is NOT Prince Syn Gut Soft.

I've read on here that Forten Sweet is very similar, but haven't had any luck finding any stats on Prince Syn Gut Soft to compare.

rich s
02-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Yep, Prince Syn Gut Multi is NOT Prince Syn Gut Soft.

I've read on here that Forten Sweet is very similar, but haven't had any luck finding any stats on Prince Syn Gut Soft to compare.

You must have a large stash of PSGS? Or do you buy it packaged as Ektelon?

It's been a few years since I've seen either sold on TW.......I would think you would hope to find string test info from 4 or 5 years ago.....good luck in your search.

I looked at some old string test data.....the softest Forten Sweet is Sweet 17 and its stiffness was in the high 190's.

PSGO and PSGD 16 and 17 are high 190s to low 200's as a reference.

Applesauceman
03-05-2009, 10:42 AM
So would others here agree that Forten Sweet is probably the closest to Prince Synthetic Gut Soft?

I have a few customers looking for a synthetic gut softer than Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex. Most of what I'm reading on here is leaning also towards Gosen OG Sheep Micro.

I'd like to find a soft synthetic gut in a reel that's comparable.

rich s
03-07-2009, 07:05 PM
So would others here agree that Forten Sweet is probably the closest to Prince Synthetic Gut Soft?

I have a few customers looking for a synthetic gut softer than Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex. Most of what I'm reading on here is leaning also towards Gosen OG Sheep Micro.

I'd like to find a soft synthetic gut in a reel that's comparable.

If you read my post above your last, I say that PSDG and PSGO are similar in stiffness to the Forten Sweet.

If PSGS is softer than PSGD and PSGO and Forten Sweet is similar in stiffness to PSGD and PSGO, how do you conclude that Forten Sweet is as soft as PSGS? :confused:

Applesauceman
03-08-2009, 10:23 AM
If you read my post above your last, I say that PSDG and PSGO are similar in stiffness to the Forten Sweet.

If PSGS is softer than PSGD and PSGO and Forten Sweet is similar in stiffness to PSGD and PSGO, how do you conclude that Forten Sweet is as soft as PSGS? :confused:

If you read my post, I'm not concluding anything other than Prince Syn Gut Soft is NOT Prince Syn Gut Multi.

I'm simply asking if Forten Sweet is probably the closest to Prince Syn Gut Soft. I really don't know the answer, but I'm hoping someone might.

rich s
03-08-2009, 11:41 AM
If you read my post, I'm not concluding anything other than Prince Syn Gut Soft is NOT Prince Syn Gut Multi.

I'm simply asking if Forten Sweet is probably the closest to Prince Syn Gut Soft. I really don't know the answer, but I'm hoping someone might.

FWIW.......I dug up some more old racquet string data......

Prince Syn Gut Soft is closest in stiffness to and stiffer than Prince Syn Gut Dflex and Prince Syn Gut Original

Forten Sweet is softer than Prince Syn Gut Dflex, Prince Syn Gut Orig and Prince Syn Gut Soft.