PDA

View Full Version : Trouble sleeping? Put on a Murray match. Does it everytime

ESP#1
02-23-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm kidding but there is some truth, ima Murray fan, his website is great, i love his physio vids, footwork training is great, great tactician, i pick up alot from watching his matches, but his matches arent as entertaining to me as others and i do tend to put one of his matches if i have trouble sleeping no offense to murray fans or murray himself, the guy is a great talent and most likely a future #1 :)

VivalaVida
02-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Nah, Murray is alright to me. I find roddicks matches to be snoozers.

ESP#1
02-23-2009, 06:04 PM
I agree, roddicks game is just plain ugly, but roddick is way less talented cant blame him

LeeD
02-23-2009, 06:06 PM
I once watched HaroldSoloman play EddyDibbs. One 5'6", the other 5'7".
OMG, the moon musta shrunk away dat match....

saram
02-23-2009, 07:01 PM
I laughed at this. I actually fell asleep on the couch during the second set today. Your thread's title is truly accurate!

VivalaVida
02-23-2009, 07:06 PM
I go to the basement, jump on the mattress and turned on Womens Tennis. It knocks you out really fast!

saram
02-23-2009, 07:09 PM
I go to the basement, jump on the mattress and turned on Womens Tennis. It knocks you out really fast!

So true! I fell asleep and then turned off Serena/Dinara. That was boring during the warm-up.

DarthFed
02-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Mens tennis never puts me to sleep...if i know a match up will be boring i avoid it...

the WTA? zzzzzz

ESP#1
02-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Yea womens tennis is pretty boring, except henin of course, i thought seles and hingis were fun to watch also

saram
02-23-2009, 07:33 PM
Yea womens tennis is pretty boring, except henin of course, i thought seles and hingis were fun to watch also

Henin on clay was wonderful to watch. Five years ago--I loved watching the WTA. Not any more.

icedevil0289
02-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Henin on clay was wonderful to watch. Five years ago--I loved watching the WTA. Not any more.

yeah its wierd. I haven't been watching tennis for a long time, but I heard that one time wta was more popular than the atp, although I'm not sure if thats accurate. I assume it was during the time of Graf and everyone else.

edmondsm
02-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Nah, Murray is alright to me. I find roddicks matches to be snoozers.

I agree, roddicks game is just plain ugly, but roddick is way less talented cant blame him

So true. I like Murray. If you're a fan of dropshots then there's none better.

ESP#1
02-23-2009, 07:46 PM
So true. I like Murray. If you're a fan of dropshots then there's none better.

yea great dropper and great variety, but ill take nalby's game over murrays any day

edmondsm
02-23-2009, 09:24 PM
yea great dropper and great variety, but ill take nalby's game over murrays any day

High-Five brother!!! When Nalbandian is/was on it doesn't matter who he's playing, it's like a baseline masterclass.

ESP#1
02-23-2009, 09:29 PM
High-Five brother!!! When Nalbandian is/was on it doesn't matter who he's playing, it's like a baseline masterclass.

When he is on there is nothing he cant do, has great touch too, imo i think hes the most talented guy on tour

blue12
02-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Yeah Graf was awesome!!

saram
02-23-2009, 09:55 PM

HOLD YOUR HORSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I really like Nalby's game and all...but he's not in the top ten consistently. I'm like Gilbert--I'll take an ugly game and win over a stunning backhand and never make the final of a slam any day of the week.

Nalby has every shot in the game and proves he can beat anyone on any day--but mentally, he's a wet noodle. :)

ESP#1
02-23-2009, 10:11 PM
HOLD YOUR HORSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I really like Nalby's game and all...but he's not in the top ten consistently. I'm like Gilbert--I'll take an ugly game and win over a stunning backhand and never make the final of a slam any day of the week.

Nalby has every shot in the game and proves he can beat anyone on any day--but mentally, he's a wet noodle. :)

Yea i do see your point but i think the fact that he isnt always on makes it even that much better when he is,

i mean ive seen him hit a lob volley off a passing shot, on purpose, its sounds weird but i guess you had to see it,

im not even gonna get into what he can do from the back of the court, not to mention what he did to nadal in paris and madrid a while back

ill take his talent over anyone, ill like to keep my brain though

jimwh
02-24-2009, 07:45 AM
I fall asleep every night watching the tennis channel. Just so happens last night they were showing Murray play Ancic in the semis of Amsterdam or maybe it was Rotterdam.

Telepatic
02-24-2009, 08:30 AM
When Murray plays with some low ranked players I`m bored as I`m watching WTA..Seriously, Murray can pull out great shots when hes playing against top players, but watching his game which is "just to beat low ranked player" in those matches is PLAIN boring really..

tangerine
02-24-2009, 08:38 AM
Reading VivalaVida's posts is like NyQuil. :D

THUNDERVOLLEY
02-24-2009, 10:52 AM
thought seles and hingis were fun to watch also

Hingis was awful...textbook boring. Her slow motion/comedy at the net game was thankfully destroyed by superior players.

ESP#1
02-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Hingis was awful...textbook boring. Her slow motion/comedy at the net game was thankfully destroyed by superior players.

Yea maybe, but i thought she was cute and she had nice legs:) when ure a kid with a crush you dont really get bored