PDA

View Full Version : Comfort me please..

fatboy
03-02-2005, 09:56 AM
It's 3 in the morning right now. I could not sleep, I'm so anxious that I wanna ask this girl to come with me to my school prom. I'm so scared that I've been thinking about it all day and I couldn't sleep now. Call me whatever you want loser geek whatever. But what should I do? I'm scared that I'll get rejected. And if I get rejected by this girl I don't know who else I could go with. And I don't want to sit in the single's table at the formal. Please comfort me if you have time.

lemurballs
03-02-2005, 10:07 AM
Just ask. Rejection is a part of life.

fatboy
03-02-2005, 10:09 AM
well ok. i agree but this is my last hope. after this one then ill officially be a patented a loser which i don't want so if that helps I'm asking to wish me luck and pray for me :( im sorry if i sounded like a loser

Brettolius
03-02-2005, 10:46 AM
go get 'em dude. think about it like this-this will not be the last time you will ask a chick out. if she says no, well, big deal, there are plenty more. i have forgotten the one's that have said no, but the instances that do stick are the times that i DIDN'T ask. if you don't ask, you'll never know. maybe she's just as nervous as you are, hoping you'll ask her. i know it's nerve racking, but the worst thing that can happen is she'll say no. the other scenario is that she says yes. either way, you're both gonna wake up in the morning, life goes on. good luck bro.

fatboy
03-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Thanks man. Well its true. but really thats what im scared off if she says no then my prom is doomed. its one of those things that i hoped i can have a good time at and its ruined. i just dont want it to be that later on ill be going back to my highschool days and miss out on the prom just coz i didnt have a date. but then thanks for that 'good luck' i really need it.

gmlasam
03-02-2005, 11:10 AM
Hey Fatboy,

Just go for it mate!!! Everyone so far has given some great advice. Everyone have had their share of rejections, and believe me it will not be the last. We all learn from it and learn how to deal with and move on.

You may even impress her with you dancing moves. You can dance right? ;)

fatboy
03-02-2005, 11:15 AM
haha. well ill try. and i will go for it. if i could get her that'll be the happiest day of my life so far. well thanks. i got to get ready for school now. hopefully all those thinking that i did last night on how to ask her pays off. once again please wish me luck and pray so that itll go well :) have a nice day

ChrisNC
03-02-2005, 01:00 PM
Be confident. Don't pull a "You wouldn't possibly want to go to the prom with me, would you?" That question is very negative. Make sure it's positive "How would you like to be my date for the prom?" Either she does, or she doesn't. If she doesn't, don't pout...at least not in front of her. She has female friends she's gonna tell if you do, and then you're hosed.

tennis-n-sc
03-02-2005, 03:48 PM
You miss 100% of the shots you never take. If she turns you down, ask her Mom.

tennisboy87
03-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Good luck man.

fatboy
03-02-2005, 08:36 PM
ok i did get rejected. im at my lowest low right now. but as you guys said life goes on. really i know it will go on for temporary. but i know on the prom night i will feel really bad that i dont even dare to think about it and apparently i don't think i can face this night, because i know the boys at school will give me a hard time saying im a virgin and talk about me behind my back, plus my parents will think that i have no friends, worse the girls will think im a reject. right now im on a state where i don't think i can go on with life. now im not lying laugh all you want but really now i understand what depression is all about. i dont know who to talk to not even my parents coz they will laugh at me. i guess even God doesn't like me. so i thought a place like the net especially on a board about a sport where i loved so much that everytime i play it i forget about all my pain i could confess. so i would probably like to say goodbye as i might not write another post ever again. good luck with everything :D i thought id never say this but God Bless

chad shaver
03-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Don't let it get you down. You'll just have to take my word for it that life goes on. There are plenty of highs and lows, and this is just one of the lows. There are worse things that can happen. That may not mean much right now, but it's the truth.

bc-05
03-02-2005, 11:15 PM
is this guy serious??? is depression really that bad?? u know i always had this fear of someone havign depression and kills themself... dude if u were thinking about it dont do it!!

Cypo
03-02-2005, 11:46 PM
Fatboy - It sounds like you have good reason to be depressed - especially if you think your parents would laugh at you - that's really tough. It sounds like you need someone to talk to, in person. Is there someone on the staff at you school that you can imagin talking to ? I think the people at your school might be able to help you because they see this every year - you are neither the first or the last to fall into a depression as the school year ends. If not, try one of the emergency lines from social services - it takes a little nerve to call, but not nearly as much as the nerve it took to ask that girl to the dance, and you'll find when you call that the person who answers wants to help you - that's why they're there - and they're trained to do it. You are not alone, or the only person who's ever been in this situation. And there is help, and hope; things do get better - I was miserable in HS as well, I think it's the hardest time of life. Don't get down on yourself about it.

Take care,
Cynthia

Deuce
03-03-2005, 01:44 AM
Dude - if your parents or anyone else think you have no friends - just show them this thread as proof that you've got plenty of friends right here.

bc-05
03-03-2005, 02:12 AM
nah seriously.. i dont know if i can have any say in this.. but u know what this girl ****es me off.. where do u live? if u live in the same city ill talk to her for ya.. seriously girls that just rejects people for no reason ohhhh i hate them.. especially if their reason is "ur not my type" or the " ohh im too good for ya"... dude i wished i could help man.. but to say the least im with deuce.. u have friends in here..

tennis-n-sc
03-03-2005, 04:21 AM
You had the courage to ask. I'll bet there were many other guys in school who could not muster up the courage to ask a girl out. Try to think of your good qualities and list courage up at the top. High School is demanding and can be very hurtful, but you know what? It ain't the beginning of anything nor the end of anything, it's just a little something in between. Just take this one day at a time and before you know it you will be enjoying life again. Get on the courts, hit a ball, run some sprints. And change your screen name. To me it implies you don't think much of yourself and you should. Get to a school counselor and spill your guts. They can be great confidents and advocates. You will get through this and one day you'll use this experience to help somone else. Let us know how it goes.

Camilio Pascual
03-03-2005, 08:13 AM
Fatboy - Duuuude! What are you doing? Most people will accept another person's self-assessment of themself at face value. At least at first before they get to know them. It looks from your posts that you "advertise" yourself as a loser to others. Drop that word from your vocabulary right now! If you have a bad "inner dialogue" with yourself, you need to correct that, too.
If you are not kidding around here...well, please go see a counselor or confide in the most mature person you know and trust. If you have trouble doing this directly and laying this on the counselor, to break the ice leave the counselor a note to reference this chat board first and then to contact you. Forget about the girls right now and do things for yourself that make you happy...such as a hobby or get a new hobby. You are getting some really good advice from the people here...take it. Change your screen name as Tennis-n-c suggests. Good luck to you.

Deuce
03-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Tennis-n-c and Camilio are totally right. Find yourself a better screen-name for these forums - maybe something like 'I-GOT-BALLS'. And don't put yourself down. People here don't see you as a 'loser' - because you're not. You're a kid who had the balls to ask a girl out. And you had the balls to tell us how you were feeling about it before and after (thus the potential screen-name I-GOT-BALLS).

Before you change names, though, pop in to this thread soon, and let us know how things are going. 'Cause a lot of us would like to know.

Remember - "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt.

Brian Purdie
03-04-2005, 11:30 AM
keep asking girls out. keep getting rejected. get used to the feeling and it will become more benign. Eventually asking will be second nature and rejection will be easier to accept. This increases your odds of getting a girl. After all, not everyone will turn you down. just keep asking.

atatu
03-04-2005, 12:02 PM
All I can tell you is that I've been there, in fact I've been through much worse. I won't bore you with the details, but the long and short of it is that life does go on and I eventually met a great woman and now I have two great kids and a great wife. Unfortunately, I don't think there's an easy way to get over this type of pain, they say time heals all wounds, but it does take some time.

Tenny
03-04-2005, 01:57 PM
You play tennis right? What does it teach you? You always get broken but still can win in the end. Posting this kind of issue, you already have courage, man. Good luck and have fun at prom. Cheers!

1. Not just ask her. Gently persuade her and show your heart if you really like her. If she deserves you, she should be able to see it.
2. Develop a couple of things you can feel confident. You can start from there. Pick up a guitar and learn it. For me it helped a lot.
3. Rent some good instruction DVDs : Groundhog's day, Princess Bride. These will teach you something.

Tenny
03-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Dude - if your parents or anyone else think you have no friends - just show them this thread as proof that you've got plenty of friends right here.

This is cool!

Superior_Forehand
03-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Focus on tennis and let out your sexual frusterations that way. Trust me, this kind of thing seems so important in high school but will only be a quaint memory as soon as you get out. This kind of thing is not important in the long run.

Deuce
03-05-2005, 01:49 AM
Come on, dude - where are you?

I know you're reading these posts.

Let us know how you're doing.

fatboy
03-05-2005, 02:04 AM
thanks everyone. i dont know what to say to you people but thanks. really, time's getting really close to the prom day. each day when i wake up in the morning, i feel more scared and more scared. i played tennis this morning. it takes away the pain for 2-3 hours then it came back again. i also don't think i would be able to see a counsellor from the school. i'm sure they will call my parents and tell every single detail about this i don't think i could do this and i could not afford a private counsellor. in all seriousness i don't even feel like a human being anymore. once again though.. i'd like to say thank you for everything. but i just want you to know how i feel right now because this board is the only place i feel like i could tell my feeling. and what im feeling now is fear. everyday i wake up instead of getting better i feel more pain.

aj_m2009
03-05-2005, 02:35 AM
Why do you care so much about what other people think of you? What other people think of you doesn't matter as long as you are happy with yourself. If people think you are a loser or whatever that is there problem, not your's. And if people make fun of you for being a virgin than they are obviously stupid. You shouldn't lose your virginity until you are married because that is a special bond you should share with your wife, not just some girl that meant nothing to you. And if your parents think you don't have any freinds you should show them this board. And you really should change your user name. 'Fatboy' does nothing for you but remind you of how you think of yourself, which isn't the way you should think of yourself. Best of luck and I hope you start to feel better.

danniflava
03-05-2005, 06:18 AM
Fatboy, are you really fat? Do you have a lot of friends? Did you ask out the most popular girl in high school?

goober
03-05-2005, 06:19 AM
Why do you care so much about what other people think of you?

because he is a teenager. Once I graduated from high school, I pretty much gave a rat's arse what people thought about me unless it was someone I really cared about.

aj_m2009
03-05-2005, 01:13 PM
because he is a teenager. Once I graduated from high school, I pretty much gave a rat's arse what people thought about me unless it was someone I really cared about.

I'm a teenager too and I can't care less what what people think about me 'cause I know it doesn't matter. I know I don't have to please anybody.

Deuce
03-06-2005, 12:42 AM
Look, the fact is that the guys who 'make fun' of people for being virgins are mostly virgins themselves.

Besides, any truly mature person knows that being a virgin is nothing at all to be ashamed of.

If you wanted to go to the prom, just go - and find someone with whom you can talk about a common interest - whether that's tennis, or anything else you're interested in. And just hang out. Or don't go, if you really don't have any interest. It's not mandatory.

Others will usually see you in the same way you view yourself. If you view yourself as a 'loser', that's what you will project to others. If you have a more positive view of yourself, others will see you more positively, as well. True, it's somewhat of a 'chicken and the egg' theory (which comes first?) - but you've got to make an effort to have a better view of yourself.

Start with a new screen-name on these boards. Little things like that can provide the necessary spark from which great infernos are born...

ShooterMcMarco
03-06-2005, 02:06 AM
I remember this quote from Ocean's Twelve, "every problem is an opportunity in disguise."

From my own personal experiences, I realized that a lot of things happened for a reason. If it's for the better or worse, something good always comes out in the end if you don't bring yourself down. When something bad happens, think about the silver lining. I remember when my parents took my license away from me because I got a speeding ticket. As corny as it seems, the first thing I thought of was, "at least I can still bike to my friend's houses and get a workout."

Because you got turned down, you can be like, "hey, at least I can save money from renting a tux, buying dinner, a corsage, and the ticket and spend it on some new tennis strings and overgrips." OR you can be like, "hey, there are plenty of fish in the sea. Cowboy up, I'm gonna go get me a lunker." Dust yourself off, and go mack on other chicks at school. Exude some confidence, chicks dig that. Just don't let one measley girl bring you down, and restrain you from having fun at the dance.

danniflava
03-06-2005, 07:24 AM
In my school, virgins are "in". Non-virgins are what we call "****s" and "*****s".

Jonas
03-06-2005, 02:52 PM
Hey Man,
All good advice here! It sounds like you are infact quite a brave young man. IT's good to talk to people and express your feelings even if it's on a tennis chat board.
I am not trying to start a Holy war or anything, but you can go to any church worth it's salt and you can get some good 1 on 1 advice from the Pastor himself, or from any other on-staff leader. They will be more than happy to listen to your situation and offer good advice. Hang in there, becuase it's really no big deal.

fatboy
03-06-2005, 09:58 PM
once again i've read everything that you guys said and it really made me feel better. as for the prom i have decided not to go just like shooter mcmarco said i might be able to buy a new racquet maybe. and i hope what you guys said about how things are getting better are true. your post is the only thing that kept me going until now. like i really mean it. 2 days ago when i first posted i really felt that there is no point in life. but after those post you wrote i see more hope and feel that life can turn around and i hope so. as for new nickname, i can't think of any cool ones, i tried to change it to something before but it said that you could only register once. but anyway thank you, im looking forward for things to get better

aj_m2009
03-06-2005, 10:22 PM
I'm glad to see you are starting to feel better. And things will get better, trust me.

And as far as getting a new screen name goes, you may have to put in a different e-mail address. But I would make a screen name that has to do with something that you like. Or you could be like me and put your initials and the year you graduate high school. But I would for sure do whatever it takes to make a new screen name 'cause that name, like I said, only reminds you of what you think of yourself which, again, isn't the way you should think of yourself.

raftermania
03-06-2005, 11:28 PM
FB, if you're feeling all this pain, fear, etc. that is not a good sign! Don't worry, like it's been reiterated a dozen times in this thread, there are tons of: fish in the ocean, stars in the universe, balls in the hopper and gems in the mine for everyone! It is natural to feel nervous about the first date, but what you are describing is not good. Don't force yourself to try something your body and mind strongly suggests against! When you find "the one" don't worry you will know it, you will run into her eventually! Just hang in there, you are still so young!

As for a new username, I'm sure you can find one! You're from aussieland? Like Pat Rafter too? Make a name up to express your admiration! But avoid words like obsessed, deranged or mania in your name - people will think you're nuts. It's all about finding something that describes yourself! Like tacos? Is your name first name: Tim? Boom! Problem solved, TacoTim. I'm sure you have a favorite something, express it!

Or want to describe something about yourself? Be Positive! Again, the big hint about your self-image is your screenname! If you believe you're fat, do you think you'll ever change? Don't get down on yourself like that mate! There are positive and negative things about every one! It's your choice whether you want to accentuate your positive or negative attributes. Do you think Jay Leno could have got to where he is if he sat in a dark room depressing about his enormous chin? No! He chose to acknowledge it and take it less seriously. (Ooops, you're aussie - Jay Leno is a big late night talk show host over here)

You play tennis, which is one indication you're a super cool guy and a popular one around here! Keep on the prowl for tennis babes!!! They are seriously amazing, and you'd have the upper hand on all those jocks who know little about tennis. If they go after a girl you're interested in, challenge them to a game of tennis and watch those wankers run for their lives. :)

It's 2:26 am here in Canada, I have fear too, but of a different sort... Getting this homework done! Crikey!!!!

Hey, best of luck in your adventures to come. Believe in yourself! And tell yourself, There's always a light at the end of the tunnel!

Deuce
03-06-2005, 11:31 PM
I’m glad things are getting better, dude.

It usually helps to put things in some perspective. Think about it – some people are in a relationship for years, and then get dumped. Years. Decades, even. That’s got to be tough.

In your case, you asked a girl out, and she said no. I know it’s no fun – but this happens 5 to 10 times a day every day in every high school on the planet. So you’re not alone – believe me – many guys heard "No" on the same day you did when they asked the same question you did. Indeed, things do get better. Believe me, there will come a time in the not so distant future when you’re telling people about asking this girl out, and in telling the story, you won’t even remember her name.

The girl, or her saying ‘no’ isn’t the real issue here. The real issue is your self-esteem. It needs to improve. Hopefully, the posts you’ve read in this thread will help with that. You've obviously got several friends here. Time will also do its part. But you’ve got to do your part, as well. The first step is to stop putting yourself down so much. You're an interesting dude who expresses himself very well. See yourself that way.

I still think you need to change your screen-name. Really. For one, several of us are not comfortable referring to you by your current screen-name – I just don’t want to call you that. Secondly, using a screen-name like that brings you down every time you see it. Believe me – it does. Just contact Don or Chris (use the ‘contact us’ link at the bottom of this page), and ask how you can change your screen-name. Maybe include a link to this thread. Changing a screen-name can be done – others have done it.

Take care, bud. Keep the chin up.

TacoTims
03-06-2005, 11:45 PM
here you go tacotims :)

raftermania
03-06-2005, 11:48 PM
Dude, Your Real First Name Is Not Actually Tim Is It???!!!!

aj_m2009
03-06-2005, 11:58 PM
Glad to see you are no longer 'fatboy'. That name was just terrible.

TacoTims
03-07-2005, 12:40 AM
nah its not tim. but i thought i liked the name so i used it :D

Cypo
03-07-2005, 02:33 AM
Tims is also:
Thermal Ionization Mass Spectrometry - just in case you want to be nerdy like me ;-)

aj_m2009
03-07-2005, 02:35 AM
Thermal Ionization Mass Spectrometry

What on earth is that?

bc-05
03-07-2005, 02:37 AM
what a bunch of nerds.. can i join in the party? lets have a gigabyte party!!!! YEEE HAAAA

Cypo
03-07-2005, 02:46 AM
A mass spec. is an instrument that's used in chemistry to determine which isotopes are in a sample - thermal ionization means you heat the sample so hot that electrons can be ripped off.

Pretty esoteric, but it has a nice ring to it.

aj_m2009
03-07-2005, 02:53 AM
That is bad, I should remember what an isotope is. I just learned this stuff a couple months ago. And there is no need to explain 'cause I would probably forget again.

bc-05
03-07-2005, 03:21 AM
cypo by any chance ur not abu bakhar bashir are u? from the jail plannign to make another bomb?

Camilio Pascual
03-07-2005, 07:09 AM
TacoTims - Glad to see the name change. It is VERY VERY tough in the beginning to establish a relationship and to get over the clunkiness and awkwardness of communicating with somebody for whom you have strong feelings. I suggest you start talking to and interacting with girls in non-date, non-sexual activity scenarios. Look for group activities such as hiking. Good luck.

raftermania
03-07-2005, 10:55 PM
TacoTims, you're a cool guy

tennisadict
03-08-2005, 01:54 AM
nothing 2 loozzzzzzz go 4 it

MegacedU
03-08-2005, 05:14 PM
How could you even consider not living man? That girl probably wasn't even worth it. It may seem like it now but If she doesn't have the decency to go to prom with a nice kid like yourself, the hell with her.

Don't put yourself down because she's insecure with herself. Ask someone else to go with you. Ask me, I've always wanted to go to Australia. :)

bc-05
03-08-2005, 06:52 PM
maybe u should show us a picture of urself.. show us your just like anna but with a better serve!!!

MegacedU
03-08-2005, 06:56 PM
maybe u should show us a picture of urself.. show us your just like anna but with a better serve!!!

Lolol, the suspense killing you? I have no tennis related pictures nor do I know how to post them. :) hahaha.

MegacedU
03-08-2005, 06:57 PM

Lolol, the suspense killing you? I have no tennis related pictures nor do I know how to post them. :) hahaha. Where's your picture?

bc-05
03-08-2005, 07:05 PM
my picture? ok we'll make a deal u send me urs ill send u mine how bout that? :P

MegacedU
03-09-2005, 01:32 PM
^ahaha I just took a look at yours in the picture thread. When I figure out how to post pictures I will - as long as I dont get any blonde jokes.

bc-05
03-09-2005, 11:34 PM
u need like to put the pic in a site or something.. then u just type in <thelinkhere> thats all.. ;) if u wanted help maybe u can post me an e-mail at jag_xk8@hotmail.com then ill post ur pic

Noelle
03-09-2005, 11:39 PM
TacoTims, your new username is making me hungry. :) But good for you for taking some advice and running with it. How are you now?

bc-05
03-09-2005, 11:48 PM
lol if it makes u hungry even more.. guess what im eating now?? LOOOOOL... kangaroo steak yumm yumm!!

Cypo
03-09-2005, 11:50 PM
^ahaha I just took a look at yours in the picture thread. When I figure out how to post pictures I will - as long as I dont get any blonde jokes.

Meg - did you ever see "Thelma and Luise" ? There's a line in there I use whenever I can:
"Hey, I'm blond, I'll believe you, but don't try telling that to a brunette"

Can you make tacos with kangaroo ? What would they be called then ? Are you in Australia Taco Tims ?

bc-05
03-10-2005, 12:43 AM
its alright... blondes are cool.. especially after a few drinks :P as for kangaroo tacos.. pwoahhh thatll be the best wouldnt it?

Camilio Pascual
03-10-2005, 04:56 AM
Cypo - You know, I always wondered about what message we should really get from "Thelma and Louise," intended or not. Geena didn't last a week without that authoritarian jerk husband of hers. I think she needed some therapy to get away from her husband, not led to ruin by Susan.

Cypo
03-10-2005, 05:36 AM
I know what you mean, I've thought about that too. Imagine if it had been directed by:

David Lynch (in his Blue Velvet period) - she'd have stayed, got beaten-up, gone the the DV shelter and become Martha Stewart

Woody Allen- she'd have got therapy, left, met Woody and been worse off than before

Martin Scorcese - she'd have killed him and joined the mob.

The movie is so joyful though, that I can also see it more symbolically- I mean there's not one "copette" in that final scene....

Did you see the movie "The Shipping News" - similar theme, but less of an adventure (and no sexism, everyone suffered, and recovered)

Taco Tims - I'm afraid you thread has been completely hi-jacked now - sorry about that. Believe it or not, these films are not unrelated to you topic though.

Camilio Pascual
03-10-2005, 06:16 AM
Fellini - She runs off with Anthony Quinn to join the circus.

"Shipping News", don't even remember hearing about it. Looked it up on google, looks worth checking out, thanks.

Tenny
03-13-2005, 10:54 PM
What's going on? I was wondering what happened to our boy, FB. Could he summon some courage? But why are you guys discussing directors, La strada? Confused...

TacoTims
03-13-2005, 11:34 PM
WRONG POST SORRY!!!!

I[S2]Sarah
03-13-2005, 11:41 PM
hey this is me fatboy :)

hey guys. It's ok, hijack the thread all you want. I owe you guys very big, I really don't know what to say. 2 weeks ago when I was very down, you were the only people that supported me. Now, I'm feeling much better... In fact I asked another girl today who happened to be a friend of mine for a long time and she said she would accompany me to the formal. I'm so happy that is why I thought you'd want to hear the good news and I also would like to share it. Once again I'm very thankful for all the support. Oh by the way if you want to see what my date looks like, I took a picture of her :D

Now I have one more problem. However, this is a happy problem. At the after party I was planning to get really drunk (I've never been drunk before). However I have heard people saying when they are drunk they humiliate themselves, I don't want to humiliate myself infront of my class mates so what are some tips that I could have so I don't humiliate myself? I really want to have fun though.. :D

I[S2]Sarah
03-13-2005, 11:42 PM

raftermania
03-14-2005, 12:02 AM
I'm having a confusion of identity here. tacotims did you change your name to i sarah???

I[S2]Sarah
03-14-2005, 12:05 AM
ahaha yes i did. it's i S2 sarah. S2 = love heart, there fore it means i love sarah :) sarah = my date for the formal :D

Cypo
03-14-2005, 12:06 AM
TacoTims - Congratulations on you date. I'm really happy that things worked out for you.

DO NOT GET DRUNK FOR THE FIRST TIME AT THE PARTY !!!!

Get drunk the first time with people who can take care of you - YOU WILL NEED IT ;- ). What happens when you get drunk the first time ? At first, you will feel really great, and you will be witty, and people will laugh at your jokes, and you will not be shy about saying anything. You will think you can drink another, and another, and then you will humiliate yourself (but not realise it at the time). Then you will throw up and then you will pass out. (if your lucky - if you drink too much too fast you will get alcohol poisoning and either die or end up in the hopsital). The next morning you will feel worse than you have ever felt in your life. Your head will pound, your stomach will heave, every noise will feel like a knife in your temple. After you finally manage to sit up and start to feel like you might be able to stand, fleeting memories will come back, followed by thoughts like - did I really say that ? I didn't do that, did I ? at which point you will lie back down, pull the covers over your head and try to disapear off the face of the earth.

Phil
03-14-2005, 12:51 AM
Sarah']hey this is me fatboy :)

hey guys. It's ok, hijack the thread all you want. I owe you guys very big, I really don't know what to say. 2 weeks ago when I was very down, you were the only people that supported me. Now, I'm feeling much better... In fact I asked another girl today who happened to be a friend of mine for a long time and she said she would accompany me to the formal. I'm so happy that is why I thought you'd want to hear the good news and I also would like to share it. Once again I'm very thankful for all the support. Oh by the way if you want to see what my date looks like, I took a picture of her :D

Now I have one more problem. However, this is a happy problem. At the after party I was planning to get really drunk (I've never been drunk before). However I have heard people saying when they are drunk they humiliate themselves, I don't want to humiliate myself infront of my class mates so what are some tips that I could have so I don't humiliate myself? I really want to have fun though.. :D

Listen, Kid. Good job on getting a date. That's nice. But this isn't Dear Abbey. Now work on the next step and get back to me when you have some news to report.

If you get drunk and puke on yourself and wake up on a traffic island I don't want to hear it. You wake up in a holding cell, then, well maybe that's news. You get to third base or farther, THEN check in. Until then, have fun, and don't drive after you've been drinking-or allow anyone else to drive when if they've been drinking.

aj_m2009
03-14-2005, 12:52 AM
Yes, congrats on you date. That is good that you didn't let the other thing keep you from asking another girl. And take cypo's advice, don't get drunk.

MegacedU
03-14-2005, 02:16 PM
Phil, is it just me or are you ALWAYS mean and bitter. And if so is there a reason for this?

Tenny
03-14-2005, 02:37 PM
Wow, you did it. And your date (Sarah) is very cute. You should get a Thin Lizzy CD (Originally 'Black Rose' album. Their best CDs have this song too) for 'Sarah'. It's lovely song with killer guitar solo by Gary Moore.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000074FD/qid=1110839313/sr=2-2/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_2/104-7090376-0219904

If you want to get really drunk (I hope not), eat well while you're drinking. Do not try to impress others (esp. girls). Just have a good time.

HookEmJeff
03-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I second what Phil said. Good job there kiddo. Time for some tough love though.
Posting her picture on the net for all to see (friend or no, lover or no) and creating a screen name built around that is more than a TAD bit creepy if ya ask me. Definite unforced error. You said she was a longtime friend, and now you love her? What's the deal with that? Don't mistake attention for love or you'll smother the hell out of that girl, you'll look like a punk and insecure as hell. You're not in charge of her feelings.
Dial it down a bit, for her sake and yours. Slice down the middle during your rallies and stop going for the big bomb up the middle and for the lines. If she likes you, then she'll like you, but you shouldn't need to be hitting backhand overhead drop volleys for this girl. This over-the-too game you're playing will scare more girls than it will endear you to.
Everyone has a pathetic love life at some point, but sharing the details ad nauseum in a tennis newsgroup is another matter. That's not just a call for help, it's a call for serious therapy. Just pray your girl doesn't see you've posted her pic on the site, or the only thing you'll be pinning on is a "Kick Me, I'm an Idiot" sign instead of the corsage you're supposed to get her. By the way, you did get that, right?
Anyway man, good luck with everything.

Jeff.

Phil
03-14-2005, 05:08 PM
Sarah']ahaha yes i did. it's i S2 sarah. S2 = love heart, there fore it means i love sarah :) sarah = my date for the formal :D

Have to agree with HookemJeff-you're slightly out of line, posting someone else's photo on the Web without asking her permission (you didn't ask her, did you?). If I were her, I wouldn't be thrilled by that.

bc-05
03-14-2005, 08:06 PM
fuuuuuuuuuuuhhhkkkk.. what in da blue hellllllll? when he was down weree supporting him, when he said he doesnt wanna live anymore we tried to stop him we comfort him we say everything to make him feel better, we feel sorry for him.. now the dude is feeling better.. we get on his back and were telling him that hes a freak? wow those quotes at the start where it says we're his friends says something doesn't it? the guy actually said that he felt were his only friends, so why is it so bad that he tells us about his happiness... is it just me or is it that some people in here actually wanted to see other people sad then when theyre feeling better we get under their skin for no reason just for the sake they feel bad about themselves again? dude if he wants to love this sarah girl then let him ffs... we tried so hard to comfort him now we're gonna ruin his feeling again by telling him we don't care about his problem yet we're the person who tell him theres plenty of chix in the tank and *****? so i guess what we said before is bull plus if u dont care then dont post.. to show that u dont really care about his true feeling.. the dude just need a comforting not a ****in TAPS (where u make someone feel worthless about themselves aka truth application programs).. if he wants TAPS he could just see a psychiatrist.. if u ask me ur more of a freak then him.. u want to ruin his feeling just for the sake of it... pwoahh i dont know but what whatever it is im not in this.. coz i was the guy that was supporting him when he was down and said not to worry bout it.. however i wanna say one thing though.. taco timmy congrats dude.. u deleted the pic but oh well i missed it.. dude keep up the good work.. and have fun at the after party... next time forget about posting pics.. those people are probably jealous after seeing the girl ur taking.. PS: if u dont mind lemme see it.. oh actually forget it..

MegacedU
03-15-2005, 05:06 PM
It's cute that you're so excited for this. I bet if Sarah knew you were this excited she'd be pretty complimented. So why ruin the night by getting absolutely smashed at the party? You might end up saying something reallllly stupid - especially if you don't know everyone at the party and especially if you're trying to keep up with someone else who's drinking.

You'll probably have a better time if you're sober or at least semi-sober anyway. Have a good time.

-Meg

*Edit - By the way, I never responded to the Thelma and Louise thing because I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about. Like I know about Thelma and Louise but I didn't really get the point. Lol.

Marcus10
03-15-2005, 05:34 PM
What Do This have to do with Tennis!

aj_m2009
03-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Nothing, that is why it is in Odds & Ends.

ragnaROK
03-16-2005, 06:53 PM
*deleted

word

nimxnooj
03-17-2005, 01:08 AM
ey dude. y'kno wass pretty fun. Get a glass of drink, watever it may be and juss put ur lips on it, pretending to drink it. Leave it somehwere at the party, get another drink, but that somehwere else, and people'll think ur drinking and while they're gettin wasted u'll be fine. DASS where the FUN BEGINS!!! You'll be completely normal while everyone's wasted and its a joy to watch. Pretty damn funny. Try it. Where's the picture of this sarah chick?

raftermania
03-17-2005, 02:39 AM
hmmm, looks like it's St. Patrick's day already

bc-05
03-18-2005, 11:58 AM
ey dude. y'kno wass pretty fun. Get a glass of drink, watever it may be and juss put ur lips on it, pretending to drink it. Leave it somehwere at the party, get another drink, but that somehwere else, and people'll think ur drinking and while they're gettin wasted u'll be fine. DASS where the FUN BEGINS!!! You'll be completely normal while everyone's wasted and its a joy to watch. Pretty damn funny. Try it. Where's the picture of this sarah chick?

or maybe just take 1 shot of this drink.. its the best drink ever... we called it the ********ing cowboy... what u do is.. get a little shooter glass... put butterscotch schnupps in the glass maybe half of the shooter glass... then put some baileys irish cream on top of it.. but make sure its on the side of the glass to the middle... and u'll enjoy it believe me.. my favourite drinks.. as for sarahs pic? i missed it as well.. those cuhnt0x gave him ***** so he probably took it off... but happy st patricks day everyone!!

MegacedU
03-18-2005, 12:01 PM
butterscotch schnapps? That sounds pretty vomit inducing to me.

Peach schnapps and orange juice.

bc-05
03-18-2005, 12:35 PM
nah with baileys.. taste like sweet coffee... ur a girl though u probably like something juicy like 'sex on the beach' thats peach schnapps, midori, rum, raspberry Liqueur, Pineapple Juice, Strawberry Softdrinks (Red Fanta is good) then add ice on the top... taste good.. but its more of a girlie drink.. or meg.. if u want u can try the 'flatliner' pwoahh they kill.... thats tequila mixed with cognac, hennessy, vodka (mix all together) then before u drink it splash it with tabasco sauce... before the tabasco gets to the bottom.. skull it as fast as u can.. pwoahhh try it!!! OUCH!

MegacedU
03-18-2005, 02:40 PM
I love orange fanta without alcohol. I aspire to someday be a fanta girl.

tennismx
03-18-2005, 05:14 PM
is this guy serious??? is depression really that bad?? u know i always had this fear of someone havign depression and kills themself... dude if u were thinking about it dont do it!!
please take depression a little more seriously
you dont who has to deal with it
or if someone here has a lost a loved one due to suicide
depression is chemical
it can be caused by stress
for example, the possible rejection this guy faced
its stressful
not saying he's depressed
he was just prolly nervous lol

MegacedU
03-18-2005, 09:21 PM
He was taking it seriously - there's just a lot of over sensitivity to the subject.

K!ck5w3rvE
03-21-2005, 09:24 PM
what a bunch of nerds.. can i join in the party? lets have a gigabyte party!!!! YEEE HAAAA

RAOTFLMFAO again and again and again. lol love it bc.

bc-05
03-22-2005, 01:42 AM
RAOTFLMFAO again and again and again. lol love it bc.

lol.. dude.. if u mean love it as in u love me.. then i shall say i love u too.. but if that was a sarcasm comment.. than i shall hang my head in shame... but then again.. im just lost.. so lol..

Tenny
03-23-2005, 11:41 AM
Where is Deuce? We ALL need his wisdom.

MegacedU
03-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Bc - how appropriate, my new computer arrived yesterday. Hahaha.

bc-05
03-23-2005, 10:53 PM
Where is Deuce? We ALL need his wisdom.

yeah true.. and where is the depressed dude? he's gone.. having fun with his girlfriend... what a rat *joke* to leave us just like that.. its always the case.. when they get what they want theyll forget about their original friend :P nah jokeeeee... :P.. now meg.. u got ur pc.. wheres ur pic? :P

nimxnooj
03-23-2005, 11:59 PM
i'm still lookin for this sarah girl pic. While we're on the subject of high school guys and their girls, a few of my winter formal pics are on my xanga. www.xanga.com/nimxnooj

maybe i should have put this on the 'your picture' thread. o well...don't read all the writing crap, juss look at the pictures.

bc-05
03-24-2005, 12:43 AM
oOoOoOoOoo.. love is in the airrrrrr.... btw i like the one with the cheat notes... classy!! btw when is ur formal dude? like can u tell us how it is and show us any pics ;).. dont we all wanna know ?? :P

nimxnooj
03-24-2005, 10:19 AM
oh, my formal already happened. It was february 26th. So it was about a month ago. And those are pretty much the only pics i have. While other people took pictures, i was busy doin something else...if u get ma drift. It was fun. Theme was Neverland which was pretty good. DJ was decent, not too great. He had buttons, not the discs and did no scritch-scratchy stuff. Wat kinda 'disc' jocky uses buttons...tsk tsk. Anyways, all in all, it was good. We only have two formals durin the school year and the other one was homecoming.

bc-05
03-24-2005, 03:02 PM
ohh no i mean the timmy dude.. lol.. my formal was alright it happened 2 yrs ago.. it was alright.. most of the time ur not even with ur partner all u do is with ur friend mucking around.. taking pics.. the only time i was with my partner was when we eat and in the photo... thats about all.... in Aus we only have 1 formal and 1 grad dinner.. is homecoming like those things we see on tv? about the dj.. lol.. what we have is called a techno dj.. those djs with turntables are called scratch dj or a hip hop dj.. techno dj mixes song.. like trance, etc.

bc-05
03-09-2009, 04:51 AM
lets bring this back! yee ha!! gigabyte party all... so meg wheres ur pic?

halalula1234
03-10-2009, 03:43 AM
oo same my school formal is coming up in November and i havent even ask anyone to come with me yet haha

cucio
03-10-2009, 11:18 AM
OP, you could definitely do with some professional counseling. Don't worry, no counselor worth his salt will rat you to your parents without your permission (unless there is a very, very serious issue, in which case you are better off if your parents are involved.) They know better than betray your trust, because it is the only way they can effectively do their job of helping you.

It is normal at your age to think life hangs on certain things (popularity, image, answering to your peer group expectations...)

Believe us when we say that it is also normal to grow out of that
phase and that real maturity lies not in doing "grown up things", but in choosing by yourself whether to do them or not, and why, independently of how it may look to anyone else.

You are now ashamed because you think you are not cool. Later in your life you will be ashamed of that feeling and the stupid things you did to overcome it, lol!

You seem too dependent on what others think of you and, at your age, you could do with starting to build up some grown-up perspective. Not everyone is thinking about you all the time, how you look like, and the things you might do wrong. Seriously. After all, are you? Are you constantly cataloging people into losers and cool guys? Are you unable to forgive or tolerate what you perceive as other people's shortcomings? Do you think that badly of a friend who didn't get a date? Conversely, did it cross your mind that for your parents it is important what you think about them too?

Learn empathy. Most of humankind is like you (or me.) None of us is perfect. All of us have insecurities. All of us crave respect. And all of us will be annoyed if someone posts our picture in the internet without permission, that's not something you do to someone you claim to love.