PDA

View Full Version : Monfils....

saram
02-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Wow, this kid is just ripped. Body fat must be around 2-3% max.

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww181/saramphotos/3be430583b883175dbf29564fd6d8f9e-ge.jpg

THERAFA
02-24-2009, 02:58 PM
he looks like a diagram you see in anatomy books :mrgreen:

jamauss
02-24-2009, 03:03 PM
His cardiac fitness might not be the best on tour, but I can't think of any other player that is as ripped as he is - not bulky but serious definition. Some people could train for years and not attain that physique.

NickC
02-24-2009, 03:09 PM
He would kick my ***, that's for sure.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
02-24-2009, 03:41 PM
He's also extremely flexible. His arms look broken in some places as well, which is nasty D:

BabolatPureStorm
02-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Thats My Boi!!!!

SourStraws
02-24-2009, 04:00 PM
When I think of some sort of superhuman or something, Gael Monfils is the first thing that comes to my mind

S.S.

Gugafan
02-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Great physical specimen....One of the best counter punchers around at the moment.

Ocean Drive
02-24-2009, 04:06 PM
he's hardly a kid either, he's 23 this year, i mean, how old are you?

Nickk
02-24-2009, 04:21 PM
he's hardly a kid either, he's 23 this year, i mean, how old are you?

then he's a kid to me:)

I like his hair, I knew a dude B in the D who had hair like that.

Nadal_Freak
02-24-2009, 04:29 PM
What a beast he is.

callitout
02-24-2009, 05:29 PM
And yet he fatigues so easily for an elite tennis player. I used to think his problem was court positioning, but now it looks like fitness. He just doesnt look like he has enough gas in the tank to win 5 matches in a row consistently at ATP level. Obviously he is plenty ripped though.

lawrence
02-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Some people could train for years and not attain that physique.

yep, genetics play a huge role.

and ocean you didnt have to come in here and be an ***, he was just guessing.

slicefox
02-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Pretty good for a tennis player, but not world-class.

It's just good lighting on that shot. That's all it is.

Beasty54
02-24-2009, 08:12 PM
He kinda looks like me.

KleybanovaFan
02-25-2009, 05:10 AM
He kinda gets tired easily though...or atleast it appaears that way

Dude is ripped though

Gorecki
02-25-2009, 05:33 AM
What a beast he is.

in fact... and bandage free...

cknobman
02-25-2009, 05:49 AM
2 to 3 per cent, shut up. Ronnie coleman came in at 3.3 percent in his best olympia performance, monfils is nothing under 7. Learn a thing or two.

How bout you learn to cut out the smart arse remarks and learn some manners OP was just making an observation to Gaels fitness level no need to attack him like that.

Pantaloukas
02-25-2009, 06:04 AM
I'm sorry, I couldn't get past the hair...that hair..uugghh

Cyan
02-25-2009, 08:01 AM
He has great genes.

Nadal_Freak
02-25-2009, 08:05 AM
in fact... and bandage free...
You are not going to get me to hate Monfils as well. I'm surprised you haven't been banned yet. All you do is attack other posters.

tahiti
02-25-2009, 08:07 AM
Monfils is great, severely ripped and what a character on course. Though the French tend to protest a lot so this is maybe why he gives up too easily.

Pushmaster
02-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Definitely the best physique in tennis, looks like he would be great in any sport. Most Mr. Olympia contenders wish they had that kind of delt seperation.

saram
02-25-2009, 09:47 PM
2 to 3 per cent, shut up. Ronnie coleman came in at 3.3 percent in his best olympia performance, monfils is nothing under 7. Learn a thing or two.

You are also the one that says that Clint Thomson sucks very rudely in his thread. You used to be a kind person--now you are just mean and spiteful and I'm wondering what is up with you.

I know a thing about body fat percentages. The only way we would ever know is to put him in a dunk tank. I may be wrong on the 2-3%, but I'm guessing no more than 5%. He's as lean as any professional cyclist.

As for my age, I'm 39 and if he is 23 then he is a kid to me.

Stop being rude to everyone or just go away. No one likes comments like yours. On occasion, people get upset in here when they argue--but to be a completely unprovoked jerk is inexcusable.

OTMPut
02-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Amazing. You look at any photo of federer hitting, you see him looking at the ball.

I am going to miss him very badly when he retires. Imagine you have to see stills like these!

saram
02-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Amazing. You look at any photo of federer hitting, you see him looking at the ball.

I am going to miss him very badly when he retires. Imagine you have to see stills like these!

Good point!

Patrick_St
04-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Monfils has the tools to be an elite tennis player I think. He just needs to build a bit more strength in his little chicken legs to prevent further injuries with his knees and other joints. He also needs to improve his volleys. Other than that he is by far the fastest player on tour and his footwork is crazy. He also has a very strong, and good forehand, and a good serve. Hopefully he can rehab his knee well and come back in peak physical condition. Unfortunately he is so fast, and has to stop so abruptly at times that he will only continue to have lingering knee/ankle injuries if he doesn't gain some strength in his legs.

egn
04-23-2009, 12:37 PM
and to think he wastes his strength trying to be a cheap nadal clone >.<

deltox
04-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Monfils has the tools to be an elite tennis player I think. He just needs to build a bit more strength in his little chicken legs to prevent further injuries with his knees and other joints. He also needs to improve his volleys. Other than that he is by far the fastest player on tour and his footwork is crazy. He also has a very strong, and good forehand, and a good serve. Hopefully he can rehab his knee well and come back in peak physical condition. Unfortunately he is so fast, and has to stop so abruptly at times that he will only continue to have lingering knee/ankle injuries if he doesn't gain some strength in his legs.

he doesnt need more muscle, he has a literal disease, genetic one i think, causing his knee tendon below the kneecap to be severely weakened.

deltox
04-23-2009, 02:11 PM
and to think he wastes his strength trying to be a cheap nadal clone >.<

pfft, he tries nothing to be like nadal,, if fact hes the exact opposite except for his physical appearance.. he hits flat instead of spinny, he jumps instead of lunging. the differences are numerous.

as the nadal fan you are i would understand you not liking him, since hes one of about 3 on tour who has a slim chance to competing with him on clay. bet you had a nice long sigh of relief when you found out he wasnt making RG this year.

Leublu tennis
04-23-2009, 02:54 PM
he's hardly a kid either, he's 23 this year, i mean, how old are you?He is a kid to me. And I gather that you are still in your teens? Right?

BTW, he is 22 (born Sep 1, 1986). But kids these days can't even handle arithmetic.

Patrick_St
04-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Ahh, thanks Deltox, I didn't know he had a disease. It's such a shame because he has such great physical talent.

By the way, Monfils definitely hits spinny, check out this video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkUSTi4U7Io

Apparently he does have the fastest forehand ever hit on tour record though at like 120 miles per hour or something crazy like that.

deltox
04-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Ahh, thanks Deltox, I didn't know he had a disease. It's such a shame because he has such great physical talent.

By the way, Monfils definitely hits spinny, check out this video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkUSTi4U7Io

Apparently he does have the fastest forehand ever hit on tour record though at like 120 miles per hour or something crazy like that.

he does have ths topspin ability, but in terms of RPMs on forehands he ranks very very low in comparison.