PDA

View Full Version : TripleB: Your Thoughts on 2 racquets

routine125
03-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Hello TripleB,

I know from your posts you have tried out both the Prince Graphite Longbody & Yonex RDX 500 Midplus.

I was wondering if you could compare the two.

I'm a 4.0/4.5 All Court Player (with one hand backhand, and eastern/semi western forehand similar to federer's), who likes to end points at the net. The most important aspect of a racquet is the feel. I like to know where the ball is going and have complete control over my game.

Previously I have played with the Prince Precision 730 and had that wonderful feel. Unfortunately I couldn't play as much anymore, but I'm back into it now. I'm currently trying out the Prince Graphite Longbody, however I'm just not getting that same feel and/or confidence.

I have heard good things about the Yonex RDX Midplus 500.

Looking forward to your opinion. Thanks in advance.

TripleB
03-02-2005, 10:59 AM
routine125...I'm heading out the door for golf practice but I'll try and respond in the moring.

TripleB

TripleB
03-03-2005, 05:38 AM
routine125,

I would think that you would like the RDX-500 Midplus better than the Prince Graphite Longbody...especially with a one handed backhand. I had trouble getting the PGL around (although not as much trouble as I would have guessed considering the length of the racquet) with my two handed backhand. I think, at least I know it would for me, it would be harded to get it around with a one handed backhand.

As far as feel is considered I would rate the Yonex quite a bit higher than the PGL if you are talking about a "cushioned" feel. If you are talking about being able to actually "feel the ball on the strings" then I would say that the PGL is the better of the two. The Yonex is more muted but the feel is so sweet. I really like the feel of the Yonex racquet with polyester strings....the muted feel and the "stiffer" poly strings work well together.

I may have mentioned this in my Playtester review of the PGL but I had trouble getting the PGL to work well for me on the serve. I toss the ball rather low which left me fighting my heart out to get the PGL into the correct position on my serve...I felt as though I was short arming everything.

Well, I gotta run to a meeting but if I think of something else to add I'll post some more.

TripleB