PDA

View Full Version : Stringing Head MicroGEL ExtremePro mid-plus

bababoo
02-25-2009, 11:00 PM
Hi, Everybody.

I am a 4+ player. I have an old version Head MicroGEL ExtremePro mid-plus racquet(100sq., 16x19, tension range 52-62 pounds). I am going to string with hybrid of Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 17 at mains and Babolat Xcel Premium 16 at crosses. I have never used the Polyester strings and Multifilament strings, let alone string a hybrid of them both.

I want to string them to have a good balance of power, spin, control and comfort to arm and wrist.

If you have used the similar racquet and strings. Please give me some advice on the tension. :confused:

Thanks.

kashgotmoney
02-25-2009, 11:19 PM
string the excel at 61 and the PHT at 58

saram
02-25-2009, 11:49 PM
^^Wow--that is kinda high to me. I'd opt for 54/56 to start out.

bababoo
02-26-2009, 12:50 AM
^^Wow--that is kinda high to me. I'd opt for 54/56 to start out.

Saram, shouldn't crosses be at lower tension?:confused:

vndesu
02-26-2009, 12:59 AM
Saram, shouldn't crosses be at lower tension?:confused:

it depends on what you put for crosses.
usually in my case i put mulits on mains and poly on crosses.
my main motive is that itll be alot softer than poly mains.

if i were you id go about
58/60 for multi/poly or
59/62 for vise versa. bc to me when i put multis on crosses, they tend to lose tension way too fast.

ian.safin
02-26-2009, 07:26 AM
ive been using microgel extreme pro for a few months
i strung it with full cyber power
pretty damn good!

wao
02-26-2009, 07:44 AM
Hi, Everybody.

I am a 4+ player. I have an old version Head MicroGEL ExtremePro mid-plus racquet(100sq., 16x19, tension range 52-62 pounds). I am going to string with hybrid of Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 17 at mains and Babolat Xcel Premium 16 at crosses. I have never used the Polyester strings and Multifilament strings, let alone string a hybrid of them both.

I want to string them to have a good balance of power, spin, control and comfort to arm and wrist.

If you have used the similar racquet and strings. Please give me some advice on the tension. :confused:

Thanks.I string mine up with Pro Supex Blue Gear (M) and Max Touch (C) at 53/56. BG is a stiff copoly and MT is a multi. The next time I restring I might move the mains up to 54 or 55 and the crosses to 57/58. When I did string my sticks with PHT I strung it at the same tension as I currently use.

winks
02-26-2009, 08:00 AM
Hi, Everybody.

I am a 4+ player. I have an old version Head MicroGEL ExtremePro mid-plus racquet(100sq., 16x19, tension range 52-62 pounds). I am going to string with hybrid of Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 17 at mains and Babolat Xcel Premium 16 at crosses.....If you have used the similar racquet and strings. Please give me some advice on the tension. :confused:

Thanks.

Can't offer any advice (yet) but I just purchased 2 of the discontinued MicroGel Extreme Pro MP's racquetss, already strung with Pro Hurricane.

1 is probably needing a re-string any day now!

bababoo
02-26-2009, 04:06 PM
I am a little confused:confused:. I plan to use PHT as mains, Xcel as crosses. The TW suggested the Crosses should be strong lower than Mains. Most of you suggest otherwise. Is it because PHT is hard poly and Xcel is soft multi? I plan to use PHT as mains, Xcel as crosses?

Zach
02-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Because of all the friction when pulling crosses, it is suggested a lot to pull crosses a few pounds tighter when stringing a two-piece pattern.

Irvin
02-27-2009, 03:20 AM

If you are looking for power and comfort put the Xcel in the mains and the PHT is the crosses.

Irvin

bababoo
02-27-2009, 03:38 AM
I just strung my Head MicroGEL Extreme Pro with Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 17 as mains at 53 and Babolat Xcel as crosses at 56. It felt much more comfortable than my previous all Pro Hurricane Tour 16. However, the string did not sound that good as all Pro Hurricane Tour 16 did. I often see people mentioned trampoline effect. Can anyone explain it for me?:confused: Thanks