PDA

View Full Version : X1 Biphase is hard to string!!

rxblitzrx
02-26-2009, 02:42 PM
I just finished putting a full bed on my racquet and it was really hard to string! It stretches SOOO much.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is this common with all multifilament?

Once I got it on though, it's got some awesome trampoline action. That seems pretty indicative of the stretchiness I experienced while putting it on. It's some pretty nice stuff, aside from the difficulties of putting it on.

aimr75
02-26-2009, 02:48 PM
i find stringing maxim touch to require close to double the amount of pull then for poly's.. they stretch alot

supermario343
02-26-2009, 02:51 PM
im not looking forward to that again lol...ahhh

rxblitzrx
02-26-2009, 02:52 PM
yea i noticed poly's are really easy to pull. they hardly stretch at all!

i might have to go back to a hybrid poly/multi main/cross

rxblitzrx
02-26-2009, 02:52 PM
if multifilaments are known for stretching a lot, is there any way to prestretch when you do the mains? i think i lost all tension on the starting 2

iplaybetter
02-26-2009, 02:53 PM
it is at worst a smidge annoying if even that, time will make it better. now if we are talking about hard to string settups, fivestar in a kblade makes my list

ag200boy
02-26-2009, 04:19 PM
it is at worst a smidge annoying if even that, time will make it better. now if we are talking about hard to string settups, fivestar in a kblade makes my list

blue gear in an AG200 at 67lbs.... last 5-6 crosses are hell

ayyhwang
02-26-2009, 04:29 PM
if multifilaments are known for stretching a lot, is there any way to prestretch when you do the mains? i think i lost all tension on the starting 2

yea, i strung my kblade tour with full x1 biphase and the starting 2 definitely lost a lot of tension

Zach
02-26-2009, 05:39 PM
I just finished putting a full bed on my racquet and it was really hard to string! It stretches SOOO much.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is this common with all multifilament?

Once I got it on though, it's got some awesome trampoline action. That seems pretty indicative of the stretchiness I experienced while putting it on. It's some pretty nice stuff, aside from the difficulties of putting it on.

What stringer do you use?

william7gr
02-26-2009, 07:31 PM
I just strung my first multi about a week ago and it was definitely not as easy as synthetic gut.

rxblitzrx
02-26-2009, 08:23 PM
OK. So it sounds like multi is a pain in the arse to string, and it's not just me doing something wrong.

I'm using an old Eagnas 6-point drop-weight with linear gripper. It gets the job done but I have no idea how to get the first two mains to keep tension. I followed YUlitle's video on how to start mains with flying clamps without double pulling but as soon as I move the inside clamp down to hold the first 2, the drop-weight falls down.

Does anyone know how to stop this?

Navy Gator
02-27-2009, 03:25 AM
It's funny, but the first 20 racquets I ever strung were multis (mostly tecnifibre). The first time I did a poly, I thought "man, these don't stretch at all, what a pain".
I guess it comes down to what you are used to.
Multis are sooooo much easier to tie then poly.

aimr75
02-27-2009, 03:34 AM
Multis are sooooo much easier to tie then poly.

and weave.

LSStringing
02-27-2009, 05:40 AM
X1 Biphase is hard to string? Seriously? Am I not understanding something about this post?
How about Gamma Ruff on a Head Prestige with the C.A.P. grommets?:twisted:

iplaybetter
02-27-2009, 06:17 AM
X1 Biphase is hard to string? Seriously? Am I not understanding something about this post?

i think people find the fact that it weaves slightly less easily than syn-gut due to the fact that it is so soft

rxblitzrx
02-27-2009, 06:41 AM

The main issues I've had with stringing it happen on the mains. It's really hard to get the tension right because every time I release a clamp, the drop-weight falls and I have no way to tighten it back up. They're just way too elasticy.

I did read that Technifibre recommends prestretching. I'll have to try that next time. I love this string.

LSStringing
02-27-2009, 07:18 AM
I got ya! This is a dropweight issue. Now it is easier to understand.

Now here is a question for all of you out there that use dropweights: What does this say about the machine (or is it the user) when poly is easier to string than a syn gut? I understand the elasticity issue, but I am still having a hard time understanding the benefits of the dropweight...If a poly is easy to string, then is the user getting a TRUE tension with non-elastic strings from a dropweight?

Thanks for any feedback.

Navy Gator
02-27-2009, 08:35 AM
I got ya! This is a dropweight issue. Now it is easier to understand.

Now here is a question for all of you out there that use dropweights: What does this say about the machine (or is it the user) when poly is easier to string than a syn gut? I understand the elasticity issue, but I am still having a hard time understanding the benefits of the dropweight...If a poly is easy to string, then is the user getting a TRUE tension with non-elastic strings from a dropweight?

Thanks for any feedback.

I think syn gut is easier to string on my machine than poly but don't think it has to do with my drop weight, it's just the nature of the string. I do like how easy it is to get around a blocked grommet with poly.

Kevo
02-27-2009, 08:49 AM
I followed YUlitle's video on how to start mains with flying clamps without double pulling but as soon as I move the inside clamp down to hold the first 2, the drop-weight falls down.

Does anyone know how to stop this?

You can buy a starting pin, or make your own. The klippermate stringer came with these, and it made it pretty easy to start the mains with flying clamps. It's basically a piece of metal wire that has a stop fitted onto one end. You thread it through an adjacent grommet hole and clamp your string to it instead of another string.

tenis
02-27-2009, 09:55 AM
You can buy a starting pin, or make your own. The klippermate stringer came with these, and it made it pretty easy to start the mains with flying clamps. It's basically a piece of metal wire that has a stop fitted onto one end. You thread it through an adjacent grommet hole and clamp your string to it instead of another string.

That's right. Also, I have drop weight machine and stringing all kind of strings from nat. gut, multi to poly rough without any problem...

Nanshiki
02-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Multis and synthetic guts are hard to string with dropweights... especially those with linear grippers.

But there are methods to avoid this...you have to lift the bar and move the clutch backwards, this will keep the gripper from contacting the string (on a linear gripper), but you have to do it just right or you'll find that the bar now won't go low enough instead of being too low (and you'll have to start over).

It will also help to pull it twice... especially on crosses. Or pull, clamp, pull, unclamp, tension, and then reclamp.

rxblitzrx
03-04-2009, 03:52 PM

That actually sounds pretty cool. Do you know where I can buy one? Or can you suggest a way to make my own?

rxblitzrx
04-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Just a note for myself:

After getting new metal flying clamps, X1 Biphase is very easy to string. It stretches a lot, but I don't have to worry about the clamps slipping all the time. I was able to string up in about 45 minutes without any tension loss, especially in the mains.

lawlitssoo1n
04-05-2009, 08:19 PM
try pulling the tension twice on the first 2 mains

rxblitzrx
04-05-2009, 08:30 PM
try pulling the tension twice on the first 2 mains

yea, i pulled twice and it definitely helped.... that and having clamps that actually work. I got a perfect dropweight tension on almost all the mains. very happy with the results.