PDA

View Full Version : adidas Player Development Program

TW Staff
02-26-2009, 04:19 PM
We have the opportunity to interview some of the coaches and advisors of the adidas Player development program at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells.

If you would like to contribute possible questions to be included in the interview, please post them in this thread.

Here's some more info on the program:
adidas offers its sponsored players (both professional and junior) a player development program assisting them with on court and off court training, coaching, diet and nutrition advice as well as hitting partners etc.

Fernando Verdasco, Ana Ivanovic, Dinara Safina, Sania Mirza, Sam Querry, Evgeny Korolev, Raluca Olaru and Sorana Cirstea are some of the players participating in the program.

Here is an article that provides additional info on the program:
http://www.press.adidas.com/DesktopDefault.aspx/tabid-11/16_read-9155/

Chris, TW

del
02-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Chris, Thank you for the opportunity to submit questions to Adidas Player Development.

Dinara Safina has made an incredible physical transformation and mentally is much stronger as well. I think she is on the verge of becoming a dominant
force in women's tennis. Can you give a sample of the fitness regime she is following?

Thank you!!

saram
02-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Chris,

I would love to know what contributions Andre is making (if any) towards the Adidas developmental program. I would also be highly interested in knowing what they shared with Fernando Verdasco to seemingly transform him into a new mentally and physically tougher player in just a few months.

Thanks!

Kaptain Karl
02-27-2009, 02:45 PM
There's been plenty of lively discussion on TW's forums about the Pros and Cons of the various Junior Tennis Academies. Some say the academies have ultimately helped the game of Tennis by helping Juniors excel faster and progress up the ranks more rapidly. Some say the academies have ultimately hurt the game by having Juniors "skip" too many of the fundamentals to develop well-rounded games.

Does the Adidas Player Development team have an opinion on this? Do they have plans to attempt to address (either) "ill"?

- KK

NandoMania
03-01-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm curious about the Adidas racquets and which of the players in the Adidas Player Development Program are using them.

Thanks.

TW Staff
03-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Last chance to post questions is today.

Thanks,
Chris.

saram
03-02-2009, 09:11 AM
The article did not mention the likes of Gil, Andre and Darren. It was mentioned during the Australian Open that Verdasco was in constant phone contact with the Adidas Player Development Program. Insight as to those phone calls and whom worked with Nando on the phone would be wonderful knowledge to attain.

Thanks again.

del
05-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Hi Chris, Did anything come of this? Thanks!

Last chance to post questions is today.

Thanks,
Chris.

NandoMania
05-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Hi Chris, Did anything come of this? Thanks!

Good point. Were any of our questions answered by the Adidas people at IW?

baseliner87
08-16-2009, 01:52 AM
just thought i'll give this a bump*. did anything happen with this

teto29
03-23-2010, 05:51 PM
nothing happened with this?