PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest gut?

eastchop
02-26-2009, 08:09 PM
I know that selecting strings for there price isn't smart, but what is the best-value natural gut out there?

meowmix
02-26-2009, 08:11 PM
The cheapest? Titan. But be warned, it is prone to snapping on your stringer.

The cheapest gut that's "safe" is Klip- which is VERY good gut.

Mansewerz
02-26-2009, 08:13 PM
The cheapest? Titan. But be warned, it is prone to snapping on your stringer.

The cheapest gut that's "safe" is Klip- which is VERY good gut.

Which klip? Just regular klip gut?

scotus
02-26-2009, 08:36 PM
He means Klip Legend, the most inexpensive quality gut.

Valjean
02-27-2009, 04:09 AM
If you mean the most durable and low cost gut string, then Klip Legend.

If you mean the most playable and low cost one, you'd want Pacific Classic.

jim e
02-27-2009, 04:24 AM

Bow Brand is very playable as well, and it is $1.00 more than the Pacific Classic. Only thing to watch is it comes in 39', not 40'. Can still string most racquets, just have to be more careful measuring.

Rabbit
02-27-2009, 04:58 AM
I can vouch for Pacific Classic. It's my favorite and it's installed in my frames. Very good playability, durability, and price.

SlapShot
02-27-2009, 05:15 AM
Let's not ignore BDE - I've got a couple of sets of BDE crossed with Alu in my Prestiges, and it's very good -less crisp than Klip, but still a very nice feeling string with good bite.

I still like Klip Legend for how crisp it is, though - it's just tough to procure at times.

hoodjem
02-28-2009, 07:02 AM
If you mean the most durable and low cost gut string, then Klip Legend.

Let's not ignore BDE - I've got a couple of sets of BDE crossed with Alu in my Prestiges, and it's very good -less crisp than Klip, but still a very nice feeling string with good bite.
Plenty of choices here.

TonyB
02-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Babolat Tonic+ ? It's basically VS Gut without the tight quality control on the string diameter.

At $25 a set, it's a good deal. I use it frequently and never had a single problem with it. Powerful, durable, and comfortable.