PDA

View Full Version : How do you string the 03 Hybrid Shark?

KerryJ
02-27-2009, 02:44 PM
What is up with this racquet? I start at the throat, get to the third main, and as I'm pulling tension the second main "pops out". How do you string this?

bigmatt
02-27-2009, 02:56 PM
First of all, you start the mains at the head. The only reason I can think of for the main "pulling out" is if you miss the hole and fail to pass it through the grommet.

KerryJ
02-27-2009, 03:07 PM
First of all, you start the mains at the head. The only reason I can think of for the main "pulling out" is if you miss the hole and fail to pass it through the grommet.

That's what I thought. That's unusual for a 16x19 to start at the head right? I've never strung one like that before.. Thanks though

jamauss
02-27-2009, 03:12 PM
The string pattern has nothing to do with where your starting "loop" goes. It depends on how many holes there are in the bottom of the hoop between each side. (4, 6, 8, etc.) With O3 racquets that have O-ports at the top/head of the hoop, always start your loop at the top. This way, each O-port is in between 2 loops. It can't be strung any other way.

Mansewerz
02-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Yes, O3 racquets can be tricky because each o port holds two strings.

The_Question
02-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Hah, I have this racquet. Do you have an OS or MP? Anyways, if it's OS, it starts at head, not the throat. I didn't have any problem stringing it, nor I used the boomerang tool either...

KerryJ
02-28-2009, 04:58 AM
Hah, I have this racquet. Do you have an OS or MP? Anyways, if it's OS, it starts at head, not the throat. I didn't have any problem stringing it, nor I used the boomerang tool either...

I don't have it. Some kid does. It's a midplus. He walked up to me in the hallway and said "You string racquets, no?"

The_Question
02-28-2009, 10:58 PM
The MP and OS string pattern is the same, so it starts at the head. Anyways, it's pretty easy to string.

What do you mean by "pops out"?