PDA

View Full Version : ALU Spin vs. Alu Rough

sonicboi21
02-27-2009, 07:25 PM
this guy at my school said he'll string my sticks for me with alu power spin for 25 bux. I wanted alu rough, but he didnt have it. so how does the spin compare to the rough version? more spin? how does it play on volleys and touch shots? and serve of course

Fedace
02-27-2009, 07:27 PM
guy at your school. is he a amateur ? Alu spin is supposed to give you more spin than Alu rough. not sure how it plays though. never liked the alu rough due to its stiffness.

davidahenry
02-28-2009, 04:58 AM
Alu Power Spin is a pentagon shaped string. Alu Power Rough is a round string with small textured sections all along it.

I have never used Alu Power Spin, but I play with a full bed of Alu Power Rough. I absolutely love Alu Power Rough - I get a great deal of bite and action on the ball with it.

I am sure Spin is a very good string as well though.

Take care.

DH

rasajadad
03-03-2009, 05:48 AM
I just strung Alu Spin for my doubles partner. He couldn't wait to cut it out. Of course, that's just his opinion.

sonicboi21
03-03-2009, 05:56 AM
well to fedace, he isnt an ametuer. he strings for a lot of ppl on the team.

tryouts are in a week, so i dont wanna use a string ill hate. so ill wait till after tryouts.

2ndserveace
03-03-2009, 04:07 PM
All I've heard about Alu Spin is that it sucks. That's just what I've heard though.