PDA

View Full Version : Help w/my new LM Prestige Mid (and my I Prestige?)

esrb
03-02-2005, 08:29 PM
My head is blowing now....demoed today my new stick: LM Prestige Midsize, my Babs are for sale !!! ;)
My second stick is my old I Prestige Mid. I don't want to get a new LM, but kinda tweek the I Prestige so i can use it if i break strings.
What can the forum suggest to do with the I Prestige? Actually is w/6grams of lead @9and3 for torsional stability. Should i put lead on the LM? :confused:
TIA
Kiké

chasunc03
03-23-2005, 06:08 AM
I'm interested in the answer to this question also! I'm kinda asking the opposite question.......Is there anyway to make the lm prestige mid feel like the i prestige? Cheers.

ferrari_827
03-23-2005, 06:33 AM
I have these rackets. The IPrestige and LMPrestige feel totally different so there's no way to make them feel the same.

The LMPrestige mid is very heavy, and more headlight than the IPrestige. I added some lead to in the hoop, but the problem is the overall weight was too much. So I wouldn't recommend lead-taping for this reason.

The IPrestige mid does benefit from a small amount of lead tape in the middle to upper part of the hoop, but no more than a few grams.

esrb
04-07-2005, 09:56 PM
Just sold my Babs and tomorrow will string my LM.
My I Prestige is strung with Babolat Pro Tour (Horna's string choice) and the LM is gonna have Lux BB 17....my problem is the weight.....
How much lead tape on the I Prestige as a back up?? I alwasy add lead @ 3$9 for torsional stability.....do LM Prestige need Lead Tape for that issue??
TIA.
PD. I'm changing my signature ASAP

BLiND
04-08-2005, 02:06 AM
Like ferrari says, they feel very different, think your clutching at straws.

sm-2004
04-08-2005, 07:34 AM
It is always easy to experiment with the lead tape. And I believe a lot depends on strings and their tension also. So try to find your set up yourself, everybody has different preferences...
I play with both racquets, they are different in feeling and stiffness. Lead will not help to fix it.

Rookie
04-08-2005, 07:56 AM
My head is blowing now....demoed today my new stick: LM Prestige Midsize, my Babs are for sale !!! ;)
My second stick is my old I Prestige Mid. I don't want to get a new LM, but kinda tweek the I Prestige so i can use it if i break strings.
What can the forum suggest to do with the I Prestige? Actually is w/6grams of lead @9and3 for torsional stability. Should i put lead on the LM? :confused:
TIA
Kiké

Ferrari is right, the i-Prestige is the odd from the Prestige series. I have been playing Prestige series for over 10 years, I personally do not like the "i", as it is the stiffest one, doesn't give the soft feel and touch from Prestige Tour, Classic, and LM. The Tour, Classic, and LM are definitely heavier than the "i", they give extra pops than the "i" as well. If you do like the feel of the "i", I recommend you should give a try on LM Radical Tour. I also have a LM Radical Tour, which offers a bit stiffer, and the static weight and swing weight are similar to the "i-Prestige". I am now currently hitting with my LM Prestige, but I am still like the Prestige Tour most.

Just my 2 cents.

Flatspin
04-08-2005, 04:27 PM
I disagree with "Rookie" regarding the i Prestige. I too have been playing for years with Head frames. I find the i Prestige has great feel. It's just that it's slightly muted and not as obtrusive as the other head racquets. In addition .... the i Prestige mid is very comfortable and even ranks very high on the list of "arm friendly" raquests on the "raquet research" site. Certainly there is room for all opinions ... so here is mine. Of all the head frames ... the "i" series has been my favorite! The i Prestige mid is a "pure" performance frame in every way! That's my .02 cents!! However, I like the LM prestige frames alot!

esrb
04-08-2005, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.....just coming back from a game (won 8-6) ;) with the LM. Strung w/BB Ace 18 (57/53).
Definetly, getting along with the stick is very easy, and your confidence is 100% higher than ever.....
This is the best stick i've ever hit with !!
Thanks again.