PDA

View Full Version : Djokovic's new found confidence.

babbette
02-28-2009, 10:23 AM
With Djokovic's new found confidence do you think he will bring that going to the davis cup? And do you think that confidence would give him any chance against Rafa on clay?

Ad David Ferrer is part of Spain's Davis cup team he might go to Benidorm thinking he's got a chance, even if on Clay?

miyagi
02-28-2009, 10:30 AM
With Djokovic's new found confidence do you think he will bring that going to the davis cup? And do you think that confidence would give him any chance against Rafa on clay?

Ad David Ferrer is part of Spain's Davis cup team he might go to Benidorm thinking he's got a chance, even if on Clay?

I think he is looking very fragile....I didnt watch all the match but he seemed relived to have won....I don't think he is fully confident yet. But he is very proud of his country and I think he will leave it all on the court when he plays for serbia as we saw at the olympics....

I think Rafa will win but it wont be a push over....but regardless I hope Djoko can get the monkey off his back and start playing well again

thejoe
02-28-2009, 10:38 AM
I could see him stealing a set from Rafa on the clay... Perhaps the first, seeing as Rafa will be a tad rusty.

I could see him beating Nadal consistently on hard-courts. It depends which Djokovic turns up.

miyagi
02-28-2009, 10:46 AM
I could see him stealing a set from Rafa on the clay... Perhaps the first, seeing as Rafa will be a tad rusty.

I could see him beating Nadal consistently on hard-courts. It depends which Djokovic turns up.

Really?

I dont see anyone anyone consistently beating Nadal on hard....In all the matches they have played I think Djoko leads 4-3 on hard....I expect all their encounters especially on hard to be close

tahiti
02-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Djoko played better today but it wasn't easy. And Ferrer's serve was letting him down, low first serve %.

Nole is ok on clay, but I definitely think Rafa has the upper hand there. On hard court, Rafa just keeps improving and surprising everyone. Like he did on grass.

welcome2petrkordaland
02-28-2009, 11:10 AM
congrats to djokovic, but until he beats fed, nadal, or murray on anything, he's still "in a bit of a slump". . . he used to beat these guys sometimes.

moonbat
02-28-2009, 11:13 AM
As long as he cuts back on the chicks and the "coctails" I see him doing really well this year. And I must say, his win against Simon gave hope to all of us hackers who have ever shanked an overhead (or several) and watched their forehand go AWOL---it's still possible to win the match!

MizunoMX20
02-28-2009, 11:21 AM
I hope he gets back to his best form. I like the prospect of another player outside Murray who can challenge the top two. But for me he has to beat any of these three players to confirm his reclaimed form.

Oui, c'est moi.
02-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Some of us haven't seen the match yet...

tahiti
02-28-2009, 11:37 AM
oops! Sorry Oui, c'est moi!

Oui, c'est moi.
02-28-2009, 11:48 AM
It's ok tahiti, you're not to blame. The no-spoilers rule hasn't meant a thing on this forum for a long time!

Cyan
03-01-2009, 12:01 PM
I think he will win either IW or Miami.

skip1969
03-01-2009, 12:24 PM
well, i suppose you have a point. but he didn't look all that great at dubai, in my opinion.

you know, he seemed all into it, though. lots of fist pumps and yells and whatnot. i wasn't sure what that meant. i mean, did it mean that much to him??