PDA

View Full Version : nalbandian(prime, 2007 last master series events?) vs nadal(prime) clay

nalbyvsfed
02-28-2009, 12:19 PM
read the title,

i think nadal will win it in 3 sets ( best of 2), but i could be wrong.

rubberduckies
02-28-2009, 12:33 PM
It's really difficult to basically take two superb weeks in the career of one player and compare that to a much broader time for another. I'd generally say that it is possible for any player to get on a hot streak and beat any other player. It'd be better to compare Nalbandian 2007 MS Madrid, Paris to Nadal 2008 FO. I would also disagree with the idea that those two weeks were Nalbandian's prime, or that any player can enter their prime for two weeks then drop out of it completely. Those weeks were a hot streak for him. His prime was years ago.

nalbyvsfed
02-28-2009, 12:47 PM
It's really difficult to basically take two superb weeks in the career of one player and compare that to a much broader time for another. I'd generally say that it is possible for any player to get on a hot streak and beat any other player. It'd be better to compare Nalbandian 2007 MS Madrid, Paris to Nadal 2008 FO. I would also disagree with the idea that those two weeks were Nalbandian's prime, or that any player can enter their prime for two weeks then drop out of it completely. Those weeks were a hot streak for him. His prime was years ago.

yea ur right, but that was the best tennis i saw from nalbandian, even if it is two weeks.

Gugafan
02-28-2009, 02:13 PM
I laughed when I saw this thread....Nalbandians prime lasts for 2 weeks. Pretty much sums his career up.

vbranis
02-28-2009, 02:21 PM
I laughed when I saw this thread....Nalbandians prime lasts for 2 weeks. Pretty much sums his career up.

At least he would've won a Slam by now if his prime had occurred during the 2 weeks of a GS.

tennis-hero
02-28-2009, 03:30 PM
On any surface Nalby has the RAW talent to beat anyone

in fact, if it was just raw talent we were talking about, then Nalby would have been player of the decade- his game was just way too good, damn shame really

flying24
02-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Nadal easily. Nobody beats Nadal on clay, except maybe Borg at his peak, and the only surface Nalbandian is good enough to beat the very best players even at his best is indoors. He is a highly overrated player on TW.

saram
02-28-2009, 03:42 PM
No one right now beats a prime Nadal on clay in a slam. Smaller event--maybe. But five set slam--prime Nadal over anyone and everyone.

saram
02-28-2009, 03:43 PM

Wow--that is just too accurate!

Joseph L. Barrow
02-28-2009, 08:25 PM
In my opinion, positively no one beats a prime, in-top-form Nadal on clay. Perhaps an updated Bjorn Borg (eg. transported to the present day at an early age to become accustomed to modern rackets and what have you) could do the job, but as is he does not exist.

thalivest
02-28-2009, 08:50 PM
No. I would love to see late 2007 Nalbandian vs a now much improved Nadal on an indoor surface or perhaps a fast outdoor hard court. That is pretty much it. At this point on slow to medium hard courts with some bounce, clay, or grass, it wouldnt be much of a match if Nadal is healthy and in form, regardless if Nalbandian also is. I agree with earlier posters who said Nalbandian while definitely talented, is quite highly overrated on this forum.

Playing a few weeks of unbeatable tennis on his best surface doesnt mean he is capable of doing that year round on any surface, not even close.

woodrow1029
02-28-2009, 08:57 PM
So many stupid threads out there nowadays. Anyone else up for some trains?

lambielspins
02-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Nadal with his current level (which is even much higher than 2007 especialy on any hard court type surface) has a better shot of beating a hot Nalbandian even indoors than a hot Nalbandian would have of beating Nadal at the French Open.

Andres
03-01-2009, 08:11 AM
Nalbandian (Paris 2007 level) vs. Nadal (now), on clay, playing Davis Cup in Argentina, I'll give the edge to Nalbandian.

Nadal everywhere else, every single time.

TheNatural
03-01-2009, 02:21 PM
on CLAY?? straight sets to Nadal.

Gorecki
03-01-2009, 02:35 PM
i am flabbergasted with the originality and poise of these comparison posts.

i sugest one for anyone interested:

Steven Urkel (prime) vs (Slump) Stefan Urquelle on Ice...