PDA

View Full Version : So I traded my N6.1 95 for a...

jasonmiller
03-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Babolat Pure Control, old style(2001 maybe?). The N6.1 was 358 grams strung with overgrip, my HPS is 348, and the PC is 346. I liked the Ncode, but it was a little too heavy and unforgiving on volleys, and a guy I know that owns a shop was willing to trade. I was really wanting the newer, lighter version of the PC, but this was all he had, and I'm not that picky. I just hit with the PC and my trusty old HPS, and I think I'm going to like the Babolat. The feel is quite a bit more muted, almost like playing with a really stiff string. I'm trying not to get too judgemental yet though, since it was 16 degrees out when I got back in from hitting. Sorry for this post that doesn't really say anything, I'm just excited about having a new racquet, and anxious to get some playing time with it. Hopefully the new PC will play a lot like this one, and maybe I'll have found the racquet I've been looking for. Although the new AeroPro Drive and RDX MP are intriguing too. If anyone has anything to add about those racquets, shoot. I'll probably order some demos when it gets a little warmer.

hungry
03-03-2005, 03:14 AM
With the 6.1, nCode SixOne and the PC you're really in the same league. You can, by stinging them diferently , make them feel all really alike.

SC in MA
03-03-2005, 04:38 AM
Jason: It looks like we've had a similar racket history. Over the past few years, mine is HPS, PC(2001 version), HPS, nCode61 95. I used the PC for about 6 months. It's a very solid racket. I'll be interested in hearing how you like it.

Russell Finch
03-03-2005, 05:30 AM
I have an old PC (probably 2001) and it's way less powerful than a 6.1.