PDA

View Full Version : forearm problems

champ2087
04-02-2004, 03:26 PM
im a 16 year old high school tennis player, and in January of '03 i think, i switched permantly over to a one handed backhand. This was because of a ganglian cyst in my left wrist. As i continued, i noticed my right forearm becoming larger then my left. I talked with my coach, and he said that was normal, and said to exercise the left forearm. My question is, what exercises should i do?

And on another topic, im haveing trouble on returns on the backhand side, as i seem to stick my but out and move backwards on my return, and i also seem to be early all the time. This results in a weak return, if it even gets over the net. Is there any drills i can do to help correct that problem?

edit:this may not be in the right topic, but anyway, Ive played with a bandit since it came out, and wanted something with more control. Will The Tour 95 be a nice solution? Will that affect my forearm more, and how is the Tour 95 on the arm?

prince
04-02-2004, 07:33 PM
im not sure if the tour 95 will be more troublesome - just look and compare the specs on weight , swing weight , and balance.

i also switched to the single handed backhand (tour 90)and the muscles on my lateral right arm is always sore only after playing and last about 3 hours then goes away.
my right arm is now definitely bigger than the left .

i tried doing some free weights exercises for the wrist and elbow - this made the pain go away after playing .