PDA

View Full Version : Does Nadal have ANY Faults??

Jimmyk459
03-01-2009, 02:42 PM
I have been thinking recently, everyone of the top players has some form of fault.

-Roger can be really cocky and sometimes a bit of a sore loser
-Andy Roddick can have a really bad temper and blow up at the line judges/umpire
-Djokovic can be an *******
-Davydenko had that scandal (i am not saying that it was true)
-Tsonga and gasquet party hard...

but Nadal doesn't do any of this. He is extremely humble, hard working, and never seems to party or do anything bad.

Is it just that he never gets caught?

Nadal_Freak
03-01-2009, 02:44 PM
He is just a perfect person. No faults at this point.

Barricade V
03-01-2009, 02:44 PM
a lot of people don't have faults. Nadal's faults are debatable. What are federer's faults?

seffina
03-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Yes, but they are all thrusts faults resulting in some graben.*

*Sorry, lame geology joke. Technically, thrusts don't result in grabens anyways..

VivalaVida
03-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Of course he does. No one is perfect. We have no idea about kinda of person he is off the court.

Nadal_Freak
03-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Of course he does. No one is perfect. We have no idea about kinda of person he is off the court.
All the evidence shows he has a heart. He felt bad for Federer after the Australian Open. All his family really enjoy being with him. Toni raised him to be humble but hungry. He has so many things going right for him to end up being a bad person out of nowhere.

vive le beau jeu !
03-01-2009, 03:00 PM

*Sorry, lame geology joke. Technically, thrusts don't result in grabens anyways..
indeed. ;)

anyway in his case, it would rather be about pick-slip faults or something like this...

VivalaVida
03-01-2009, 03:01 PM
All the evidence shows he has a heart. He felt bad for Federer after the Australian Open. All his family really enjoy being with him. Toni raised him to be humble but hungry. He has so many things going right for him to end up being a bad person out of nowhere.
I, for one, definitely dont think he is a bad person. i Just said that he might have a few faults

egn
03-01-2009, 03:11 PM
No offense Nadal does way too much *** kissing. I am sick of hearing Nadal praise Federer..nobody is asking you to praise him..Federer doesn't need it. It's almost like Nadal is getting really annoying. Honestly I heard him say I want to give that award from Spain to Federer I wanted to puke. Nadal is way to humble, nobody is not going to like you if you don't kiss Roger Federer's butt. I honestly would like him more if he stopped doing it so much. I get it you respect the guy, but dammit the guy is your opponenet. Lendl never was like I feel for Johnny Mac he instead hit him with a tennis ball. McEnroe never was ready to give Borg awards that were going to him, McEnroe and Borg got along quite well and both respect each other greatly but while McEnroe was playing he did not spend every chance he got kissing Bjorn Borg's *** he went out trying to beat him consistently and make his own reputation. Nadal helps build Federer's reputation by kissing up to him. He is on top of him, yet he still says Federer is better, Federer is greater, Federer this, Federer that..the guy has some serious issues. You are finally number 1 yet you still act like you are number 2.

On a second note Fed cried after AO 09...Nadal cried after Wimby 07 out of frustration. Toni Nadal even said it in interviews and it was simply because Nadal was frustrated as he really wanted to win a Wimbledon and felt like he never would.

I must admit right now Nadal seems to be clean but note Nadal is also whiny also. How many times do we hear "There are too many hardcourt events", "The season is too long", "There should be more clay events" etc. etc. Nadal complains quite often every two or three months Nadal is criticizing the hard court dominance on the tour. Every player has here or there mouthed off once or twice about the length of the tour but Nadal has done it far more than any other players.

I like the guy alot but he does have faults just like the others. Don't get me started on the rest of the top lol. Actually faultless top player...right now Simon but that is just because Simon is so damn boring he can't have a fault but nothing is attracting to him.

eeytennis
03-01-2009, 03:15 PM
I have been thinking recently, everyone of the top players has some form of fault.

-Andy Roddick can have a really bad temper and blow up at the line judges/umpire

but Nadal doesn't do any of this. He is extremely humble, hard working, and never seems to party or do anything bad.

NO ONE is perfect. Nadal is a great player for sure though. He has such a great attitude. But I guess the real test comes when he loses a big tournament final...I used to like Roger until he cried like a little baby at the Aussie Open...

Andyk028
03-01-2009, 03:18 PM
I'm sure he's like any one of us..but has a disciplined common sense.

veroniquem
03-01-2009, 03:21 PM
His mother says his room is messy :)

moonbat
03-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Only the one he picks at before he serves... ;)

Noveson
03-01-2009, 03:35 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0c1h2h298gg36/340x.jpg

babbette
03-01-2009, 03:53 PM

damn these legs are gorgeous aren't they?! A sight to behold.

it's really disturbing that i'm trying hard to come up with one of his known faults but I can't..really disturbing. :mrgreen: THINK PEOPLE THINK!!!

babbette
03-01-2009, 03:57 PM
actually Rafa does party. If you've ever seen pics from his local pub.

One time in Shangai he was on a bartop pinching his nipple. But that's hardly a fault.

ucrctennis
03-01-2009, 05:06 PM
His relatively defensive game and on-court demeanor bother a lot of people.

Personally, I don't find Rafa's tennis to be that fun to watch. I prefer players who are more proactive and court and are always on the offensive. I have tremendous respect for his ability as a defensive player, but I just don't enjoy watching it.

The part I strongly dislike about him is his on-court demeanor at times. His celebrations can be way over the top. I remember watching him play Berdych at Madrid '06 and Berdych missed an easy overhead; after the miss Nadal jumped around screaming. I found that to be incredibly disrespectful and I find that his celebrations are often disproportionate to how well he played a point; often celebrating opponents' mistakes.

lawrence
03-01-2009, 05:09 PM

/thread lol

NickC
03-01-2009, 05:22 PM
I can point out a few.

~He puts too much effort into each point, which is going to do nothing but damage his chances of having a long career.
~He takes too long in between points.
~His girlfriend makes Mirka look like Sharapova.
~He got bagel'D by Federer on clay.
~His game is really defensive.

I'm a big fan of the ATP tour in general, and a fan of all it's players. I'm not a fanboy and pick favorites, and when Fed and Nads play, I root for good tennis, and nothing more. I don't hate Nadal. In fact, I like him a lot, I've seen him play multiple times live. He seems like a nice kid and is good for tennis as he's got a great attitude. I'm just pointing out what I've seen.

Nadal_Freak
03-01-2009, 05:25 PM
I can point out a few.

~He puts too much effort into each point, which is going to do nothing but damage his chances of having a long career.

I'm a big fan of the ATP tour in general, and a fan of all it's players. I'm not a fanboy and pick favorites, and when Fed and Nads play, I root for good tennis, and nothing more. I don't hate Nadal. In fact, I like him a lot, I've seen him play multiple times live. He seems like a nice kid and is good for tennis as he's got a great attitude. I'm just pointing out what I've seen.
You can't be serious. You think Mirka is more attractive then Xisca? Most of the others are just opinions on what style you prefer. Everyone gets bageled. He gave Fed a bagel and a breadstick last year at the French Open. :D

Blinkism
03-01-2009, 06:31 PM
I can point out a few.

No way Mirka is more attractive than Nadal's gf. Have you seen, Mirka? Seriously, Mirka? No way!

And, ofcourse, Nadal has faults but on the court he has few unforced errors and a solid first and second serve percentage and for that you can not fault him. If you're talking personal preference about style than you can pick at anything you want, but IMO Nadal wins when it comes to substance over style.

You've got to be a truly amazing tennis player when the worst criticism you receive is that your rallies are too long and you win too much by beating your opponents weaknesses!

edmondsm
03-01-2009, 06:41 PM
-Awkward service motion
-OCD
-knees are giving out at the ripe old age of 22

TheTruth
03-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Mirka looks better than Xisca? Ha ha ha. That's funny!

danb
03-01-2009, 07:35 PM

Those are virtues in my book :):):)

tennis_hand
03-01-2009, 08:04 PM

butt picking not counted, the time delaying between points. i am very surprised that u can't think of this.

lawrence
03-01-2009, 08:21 PM

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/roger-mirka-wimbledon.jpg
http://imod.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/xisca-nadal-girlfriend-1.jpg

haha, for reals?

TheRealTruth
03-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Her face looks wierd. Eyes too close together. Nadal looks way prettier.

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/707/507ln3qmgb4.jpg

TheRealTruth
03-01-2009, 08:35 PM
http://www.creyda.ru/content/publications/images/2006/mirka/mirka2.jpg

Mirka is hot if she loses some weight, and she has a prettier face than Xisca.

OddJack
03-01-2009, 08:46 PM
I say Mirka has lasted with Roger so long not because she is hot. She has brains also, very supportive and effective positively in his career. She is way more than just a bed and beach partner.

defrule
03-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Doesn't feel right seeing Nadal not in his sleeveless and capri shorts with the bandanna on.

Blinkism
03-01-2009, 09:01 PM

haha, for reals?

I second that!

Blinkism
03-01-2009, 09:15 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42484000/jpg/_42484316_perello270.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Zu7ne5bCj8c/SA1DpHW-M_I/AAAAAAAACqg/6umlHZsP2BQ/s400/Mirka+vavrinec+rayure.jpg

This has nothing to do with Nadal's faults when it comes to tennis, but it's ridiculous to say that Xisca makes Mirka look like Sharapova. Perhaps you meant the opposite?

Gen
03-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Nadal himself says that he is a messy person, meaning he can convert a tidy room to a pig pen in no time at all. His mom is scolding him all the time.

RoddickAce
03-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Too superstitious? With the water bottles. It's hard to think of one...=/

Mkie7
03-02-2009, 12:30 AM
NO ONE is perfect. Nadal is a great player for sure though. He has such a great attitude. But I guess the real test comes when he loses a big tournament final...I used to like Roger until he cried like a little baby at the Aussie Open...

What ??? you don't like him anymore because he cried? Poor Roger... wonder how he's gonna handle losing a "true" fan like you.

Mkie7
03-02-2009, 12:37 AM

it's really disturbing that i'm trying hard to come up with one of his known faults but I can't..really disturbing. :mrgreen: THINK PEOPLE THINK!!!

How about... butt pickin, time wasting between serves and limited comunication skills ( other thean in Spanish). Playing style too hard on his body/knees..... There is no such thing as being perfect.

However... if this is a Nadal worship thread... I apologize and will let you people blow smoke up each other's ....... :) Just kidding of course.

Gorecki
03-02-2009, 01:08 AM

yeah.. not bad for mummie legs...:twisted:

luckyboy1300
03-02-2009, 01:32 AM

haha, for reals?

switch mirka's face with xisca's body and you'll have one hot momma lolz

back on topic, i don't think nadal wil not have any faults. every player had have one, or a few, or many, unless i saw a hundred % 1st serve percentage. and i don't even know if i'm funny or not. :)

Jimmyk459
03-02-2009, 02:04 AM
im talking about character faults... not things that he can improve in his game

Gorecki
03-02-2009, 02:10 AM

well in that case, it's quite obvous:

his triple fake, triple arrogant, triple miseducated, triple fist pumps are is best work on impersonating Hewitt!

vtmike
03-02-2009, 02:17 AM

And you concluded all that based on his press conferences?? :D

Sorry but you have to be a close relative, friend or his girlfriend to make such a detailed assessment on his character...people aren't what they pretend to be in public and pressers...

vtmike
03-02-2009, 02:25 AM

Please tell me you are a girl!!!

Err how about picking his butt before serve and serving in slow motion especially on important points where he slows down even more!

I don't care care how "humble" he is off court and btw nobody can judge how humble he is based on his off court interviews...Its these time wasting tactics (basically cheating) that annoys me...plus his game is unbelievably boring to watch...

henryshli
03-02-2009, 03:13 AM

- Finishing every sentence with the word "no"
- Taking too long to serve when he is in trouble
- Constantly moaning about the new drug testing program
- So intense that noone wants to practise with him

albino smurf
03-02-2009, 03:28 AM
constant wedgie

THERAFA
03-02-2009, 03:37 AM
Bras:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG9vVisdY1w

coloskier
03-02-2009, 05:22 AM

Yes, as a geologist I can say that was pretty lame. :-) By the way, there are lots of Horsts and Grabens that were affected by a thrust in the Nevada Basin and Range. :-) (See Roberts Mountain allochthon).

tahiti
03-02-2009, 06:53 AM
sure Rafa has faults. But firstly, Xisca is lovely looking!

Time taking - if one understands Italian or Spanish time, you'd get this issue.

Rafa doesn't always shave for events ceremonies
He has certain OCD habits ;)
I saw a picture of his car once, it was a mess!

Giggs The Red Devil
03-02-2009, 07:32 AM
Despite the fact that his uncle played for Barcelona during the “Cruijff years”, Nadal is a fan of Real Madrid. Traitor.

moonbat
03-02-2009, 07:58 AM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42484000/jpg/_42484316_perello270.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Zu7ne5bCj8c/SA1DpHW-M_I/AAAAAAAACqg/6umlHZsP2BQ/s400/Mirka+vavrinec+rayure.jpg

This has nothing to do with Nadal's faults when it comes to tennis, but it's ridiculous to say that Xisca makes Mirka look like Sharapova. Perhaps you meant the opposite?

I think he meant Sharapov.

mordecai
03-02-2009, 10:00 AM
He camps too far behind the baseline, weak first serve, predictable backhand passes on the run (someone let Fed know). Reverts to his clay game under pressure too easily.

Personal faults: says 'no?' too much.

jackson vile
03-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Nadal's fault is butt picking, it is getting better but is still there and goes over service time every now and again.

tahiti
03-02-2009, 10:02 AM
How can we fault him he was no. 14 on the World's personality list of the year. Under Obama, Beckham and Princes etc.

Pretty perfect guy in the public eye.

cknobman
03-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Id say he average about 2 double faults per match.

heninfan99
03-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Yes, he does fault sometimes but his serving percentage is usually around 70%.

TommyGNR
03-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Bounces the ball too many times before serve.
But the only way any body beats him this year is if he's injured.

tudwell
03-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Woodrow, as an umpire, what's your opinion on the time Nadal takes between points? Do you think it's too long and more umpires should call him for it, or do you think it's within the rules and the umpires are doing their jobs just fine?

woodrow1029
03-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Woodrow, as an umpire, what's your opinion on the time Nadal takes between points? Do you think it's too long and more umpires should call him for it, or do you think it's within the rules and the umpires are doing their jobs just fine?
Well, we all know that he does in fact take too much time. We are constantly criticized for not giving him and Djokovic time violations. When they do get a time violation, we get criticized because it's bad timing, or he didn't deserve it.

The thing with time violations is that it involves a lot of gray area. It's not a black and white rule. The 25 seconds (ATP), and 20 seconds (ITF/Grand Slam/WTA) between points is a guideline. There are many factors. Length of point, crowd applause, etc. Time violations are not given out after the first, second, third, most of the time 4th time. We look for a pattern.. Nadal gets a lot of time violations. After he gets a warning, he usually picks up the pace. He will get slow, then the umpire may give him a caution on a change over (which the public doesn't see or hear), then he will get back on time for a while, then if he gets slow again, then they issue a time violation. That's why it may come late in a set.

If a time violation was a black and white rule, then almost every time a player breaks a string and changes their racket, they would get a time violation as the racket is not a reason to cause delay.

swedechris
03-02-2009, 02:17 PM
His English is not so good, no?

he shoul´d be able to say 'right ' or 'you know' or 'aint it' or 'dont you think' some of the time instead of the 'no'.. no?LOL

veroniquem
03-02-2009, 02:22 PM
His English is not so good, no?

he shoul´d be able to say 'right ' or 'you know' or 'aint it' or 'dont you think' some of the time instead of the 'no'.. no?LOL
No, his accent and English are charming in a goofy kind of way. Personally I hope he never speaks English too well, I would miss the "no" and "rrhappy"...

pound cat
03-02-2009, 02:43 PM
No, his accent and English are charming in a goofy kind of way. Personally I hope he never speaks English too well, I would miss the "no" and "rrhappy"...

Nadal speaks better English than 99% of anyone posting here would speak Spanish at an interview. Or English, as a matter of fact. No?

Dark_Knight2.0
03-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Uhhhh....Nadal is a person, not a god.

Also...capris, man! CAPRIS!

I know he's moved away from him,but the capris and butt-picking are unforgivable.

JeMar
03-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Some people might call his "humility" sandbagging.

veroniquem
03-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Nadal speaks better English than 99% of anyone posting here would speak Spanish at an interview. Or English, as a matter of fact. No?
Certainly!

crazylevity
03-03-2009, 05:52 AM
To be honest, there's very little wrong with Nadal. This is about the only problem I have with him.

If you were to watch Nadal live, he takes a very long time. He keeps his opponent and the chair umpire at the net waiting for at least a good few minutes. Often he is too busy positioning his water bottles, bag, towels, and sometimes he eats his energy bars too. I think it is a tad disrespectful and rude. A couple minutes is not long, but if you were standing at the net just waiting for a coin to be tossed, it feels ridiculously long.

Cyan
03-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Some people might call his "humility" sandbagging.

Nah. He is a really humble guy whose favorite hobby is fishing.

veroniquem
03-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Rusedski thinks Nadal is Superman :). He said to the Guardian (on February 17th 2009): "Nadal is superman. There are athletes in our lifetime, like Bjorn Borg or Lance Armstrong who are just superman. They've just got this God-given something extra. The more I think about it, the more I think Nadal's got it. I saw him for the first time when he was 16. I was hitting with his agent Carlos Costa, a former top 10 player, and Nadal was next to us. For one hour he didn't have a sip of water. He hit every ball as hard as he could, with control, and his desire was ridiculous."

T1000
03-03-2009, 04:38 PM
To be honest, there's very little wrong with Nadal. This is about the only problem I have with him.

If you were to watch Nadal live, he takes a very long time. He keeps his opponent and the chair umpire at the net waiting for at least a good few minutes. Often he is too busy positioning his water bottles, bag, towels, and sometimes he eats his energy bars too. I think it is a tad disrespectful and rude. A couple minutes is not long, but if you were standing at the net just waiting for a coin to be tossed, it feels ridiculously long.

Great Post. He really annoys me when I want to watch a match. I can only imagine what the opposing player and umpire feel

Mick
03-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Rusedski thinks Nadal is Superman
but Federer thinks Nadal is Kryptonite :D

TheTruth
03-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Been to his matches. No different than anyone else's.

DunlopDood
03-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Sticking a finger in his bum is is biggest fault

shawn1122
03-03-2009, 11:47 PM
1. Picking his ***
2. Taking forever whenever he gets the chance to
3. Sucking up to Federer
4. OCDing over his water bottle positioning
5. Unconventional forehand that may cause injury sometime in the future
6. Occasional unwillingness to end points quickly, resulting in increased stress on his knees and greater injury at a younger age.

swedechris
03-04-2009, 02:01 AM

i think so too.. its fun to hear him in a good way.. so is it with the French guys ,among others Simon and Tsonga have great accents .. prefer it personally over say ,the Mcenroe style of langauge..

Love Game
03-04-2009, 02:05 AM

in other words, wardrobe adjustments

Jimmyk459
03-04-2009, 02:18 AM
YOU PEOPLE DONT GET IT!!!!!!!!!! My question was about his character faults... as a person... not his faults as a player. You can go to any other thread to figure out those things.

Gorecki
03-04-2009, 02:34 AM

yeah... his matches still have a net in the middle, a umpire siting in a chair, yellow felt balls and... i see your point!

for someone who attends tennis matches you are surprisingly consistent in avoiding any subject other than Nadal... like racquets, shoes, Davis cup, Wta, ... you know... tennis!

Blinkism
03-04-2009, 03:06 AM
To some people, Nadal's biggest fault is that his name isn't Roger Federer, because if it was then we'd have the ultimate showdown at all the GS finals
Now that's interesting tennis!

icedevil0289
03-04-2009, 08:19 AM
YOU PEOPLE DONT GET IT!!!!!!!!!! My question was about his character faults... as a person... not his faults as a player. You can go to any other thread to figure out those things.

well, I heard he is always late for everything, so I guess that could be a character fault.

ksbh
03-04-2009, 08:27 AM
No different? Come on now ... it's no coincidence that the 2 best matches in the last 12 months both featured Rafa! :)

maximo
03-04-2009, 08:30 AM
1. Picking his ***
2. Taking forever whenever he gets the chance to
3. Sucking up to Federer
4. OCDing over his water bottle positioning
5. Unconventional forehand that may cause injury sometime in the future
6. Occasional unwillingness to end points quickly, resulting in increased stress on his knees and greater injury at a younger age.

Good point. :)

TheTruth
03-04-2009, 01:46 PM
No different? Come on now ... it's no coincidence that the 2 best matches in the last 12 months both featured Rafa! :)

Ahh, but you're not entirely correct either, ksbh. Queens, the Olympics, and the Verdasco match were five of the best matches in 2008. Nadal killed it last year. :)

Love Game
03-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Interesting. An entire thread devoted to ferreting out "Nadal's faults"

Even more interesting: It's still around after 88 posts.
Why such negativity continuing?

Would a thread devoted to "Federer's Faults" be so encouraged?

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_33_7.gif

Giggs The Red Devil
03-04-2009, 02:56 PM

Federer is too generous. Especially to Nadal, always giving him matches and all. Plus, he’s too choosy with the ladies, he should really learn to compromise more.

doublebreak
03-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Kaptain Karl
"Thank you, Professor Obvious.

The irony is the contrast of her posts ... to her Screen Name. (I didn't expect you to notice.)

- KK"

OK, Kaptain Not-So-Obvious.

IT'S A SCREEN NAME!!!! ARE YOU GUYS SO LITERAL YOU BELIEVE MY PREFERENCE HAS TO DO WITH...WHAT? FORGET IT, I CAN'T EVEN FOLLOW THAT TYPE OF LOGIC.

THE TRUTH IS...NADAL IS MY FAVORITE PLAYER
THEREFORE, I TRUTHFULLY OFFER MY OPINIONS ON HIM
WHEREIN LIES THE PROBLEM? IS IT THE NAME THAT BUGS YOU?

Never have I seen so much attention given to a name on this board.

And sorry, I don't see the irony in a screen name and my preference. I just think it's odd that you care so much.

Talk to ya' later!

The "Professor Obvious" reference is clearly about Nadal being your favorite player. That has been established quite some time ago, no need for suspension points or for you to actually spell it out. So you have a favorite player and frequent a forum about pro players, big deal.

The second point about irony and how relates to your screen name. I'll venture to say he meant that your favoritism for Nadal creates a bias in your opinions so great that your attempts to be objective when it comes to general tennis issues are laughable and resemble anything but the overall "Truth". Of course, I'm sure nobody will dispute your statement about the fact that Nadal being your favorite player as being true. Other than that, many of your opinions would seem to be quite far from the "Truth". I could be wrong, but that's how I interpreted the comments by KK. Based on that interpretation I can see the irony. On a further note, you say that you truthfully offer your opinions on Nadal, that doesn't mean your opinions are true, just that your are being sincere.

Oui, c'est moi.
03-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Yes it would.

veroniquem
03-04-2009, 08:56 PM

The irony is the contrast of her posts ... to her Screen Name. (I didn't expect you to notice.)

- KK"

The "Professor Obvious" reference is clearly about Nadal being your favorite player. That has been established quite some time ago, no need for suspension points or for you to actually spell it out. So you have a favorite player and frequent a forum about pro players, big deal.

The second point about irony and how relates to your screen name. I'll venture to say he meant that your favoritism for Nadal creates a bias in your opinions so great that your attempts to be objective when it comes to general tennis issues are laughable and resemble anything but the overall "Truth". Of course, I'm sure nobody will dispute your statement about the fact that Nadal being your favorite player as being true. Other than that, many of your opinions would seem to be quite far from the "Truth". I could be wrong, but that's how I interpreted the comments by KK. Based on that interpretation I can see the irony. On a further note, you say that you truthfully offer your opinions on Nadal, that doesn't mean your opinions are true, just that your are being sincere.
What I find ironical is to target the Truth (for a completely innocuous post to boot) when so many people on this board are heavily biassed against Nadal. So, biassed against Nadal= normal, biassed in favor of Nadal= ironical? Give me a break with those hypocritical judgements, they're what's laughable here.

doublebreak
03-04-2009, 10:59 PM
What I find ironical is to target the Truth (for a completely innocuous post to boot) when so many people on this board are heavily biassed against Nadal.

First of all I'm interpreting KK's post which she didn't seem to understand, so I was just helping out. Second, KK referred to her posts (plural) and how they contrast with her screen name, it was a general comment, it wasn't aimed to one post in particular. Third, it's just an opinion like any other you would find in a discussion forum, I don't know what targeting you're talking about. Fourth, in the event that she was being targeted and assuming most people are heavily biased against Nadal when she is his supporter, how is that ironic? Wouldn't it be the opposite? It would be expected. Could you explain?, I don't find the irony you're talking about.

So, biassed against Nadal= normal, biassed in favor of Nadal= ironical? Give me a break with those hypocritical judgements, they're what's laughable here.

Again, I'm just interpreting but my view is that the irony comes from the contrast between being biased and having a screen name like "The Truth". I don't see what the confusion is about. The Nadal issue seems to be the reason for the bias, but the main thing is that the cause is not relevant. It doesn't matter if you have a bias in favor or against anybody. Being biased and truth telling are not compatible, therefore, the contrast and the irony.

Reading and comprehension are not your best skills are they? I can see how you relate so well to her.

ksbh
03-05-2009, 05:39 AM
Kaptain Karl isn't a very objective poster himself, so take his comments with a big grain of salt :)

What I find ironical is to target the Truth (for a completely innocuous post to boot) when so many people on this board are heavily biassed against Nadal. So, biassed against Nadal= normal, biassed in favor of Nadal= ironical? Give me a break with those hypocritical judgements, they're what's laughable here.

Zaragoza
03-05-2009, 06:04 AM
Yes he does, and sometimes he makes double faults.

vive le beau jeu !
03-05-2009, 07:07 AM
Yes he does, and sometimes he makes double faults.!!! http://www.philwoods.com/forums/images/smilies/rimshot.gif !!!
http://instantrimshot.com/
(sorry, i'm borrowing this link to some previous posters) ;)

veroniquem
03-05-2009, 08:24 AM
!!! http://www.philwoods.com/forums/images/smilies/rimshot.gif !!!
http://instantrimshot.com/
(sorry, i'm borrowing this link to some previous posters) ;)
Cute!
10 chars

veroniquem
03-05-2009, 08:26 AM
First of all I'm interpreting KK's post which she didn't seem to understand, so I was just helping out. Second, KK referred to her posts (plural) and how they contrast with her screen name, it was a general comment, it wasn't aimed to one post in particular. Third, it's just an opinion like any other you would find in a discussion forum, I don't know what targeting you're talking about. Fourth, in the event that she was being targeted and assuming most people are heavily biased against Nadal when she is his supporter, how is that ironic? Wouldn't it be the opposite? It would be expected. Could you explain?, I don't find the irony you're talking about.

Again, I'm just interpreting but my view is that the irony comes from the contrast between being biased and having a screen name like "The Truth". I don't see what the confusion is about. The Nadal issue seems to be the reason for the bias, but the main thing is that the cause is not relevant. It doesn't matter if you have a bias in favor or against anybody. Being biased and truth telling are not compatible, therefore, the contrast and the irony.

Reading and comprehension are not your best skills are they? I can see how you relate so well to her.
Everybody feels they're speaking the truth, it's the truth about what they feel is right. Still don't see any irony...

King of Aces
03-05-2009, 08:41 AM
indeed. ;)

anyway in his case, it would rather be about pick-slip faults or something like this...

Is there anyone of French origins who likes Nadal?

vive le beau jeu !
03-05-2009, 08:58 AM
there is such a lady just above your post. ;)

veroniquem
03-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Yes! ;)
10 chars

Kaptain Karl
03-05-2009, 09:14 AM
V- what took you so long? I figured you would reply within two minutes. You took four...!

I'm sure there are more, but I knew veroniquem was French....

- KK

tahiti
03-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Ah I get Nadal's faults....
He keeps winning the French Open!

TennezSport
03-05-2009, 01:51 PM
It's called OCD

And it's annoying :twisted:

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

Nadal_Freak
03-05-2009, 01:53 PM
It's called OCD

And it's annoying :twisted:

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:
You are annoying. Get a life rather then focus on someone's habits.

King of Aces
03-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Yes! ;)
10 chars

Wow.... The only French nadal fan In the world ! Do you have to hide underground in France?

Holdfast44ID
03-05-2009, 11:23 PM
I think I could make money marketing new Nadal shorts that have a little three inch long "tag" extending out from the rear pocket area (if there was a pocket) of the shorts. IE: Instead of tugging the shorts, Nadal could tug the little "butt release tag" or whatever the hell you want to call it. Actually, it is my idea, so I own the patent on that!!! Ha ha.

Gen
03-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Wow.... The only French nadal fan In the world ! Do you have to hide underground in France?

Check vamosbrigade. A lot of French there. They even have their own French-speaking corner.

chrisdaniel
03-05-2009, 11:35 PM
So the question is :
DOES NADAL HAVE ANY FAULTS ?

I don't know if I really want to think about this. I mean seriously. No Faults?

Goodnight and good luck on your quest for a faultless Nadal :?

TheTruth
03-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Interesting. An entire thread devoted to ferreting out "Nadal's faults"

Even more interesting: It's still around after 88 posts.
Why such negativity continuing?

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_33_7.gif

It would be deleted well before it filled up the first page.

TheTruth
03-06-2009, 09:32 PM

- KK"

The "Professor Obvious" reference is clearly about Nadal being your favorite player. That has been established quite some time ago, no need for suspension points or for you to actually spell it out. So you have a favorite player and frequent a forum about pro players, big deal. The second point about irony and how relates to your screen name. I'll venture to say he meant that your favoritism for Nadal creates a bias in your opinions so great that your attempts to be objective when it comes to general tennis issues are laughable and resemble anything but the overall "Truth". Of course, I'm sure nobody will dispute your statement about the fact that Nadal being your favorite player as being true. Other than that, many of your opinions would seem to be quite far from the "Truth". I could be wrong, but that's how I interpreted the comments by KK. Based on that interpretation I can see the irony. On a further note, you say that you truthfully offer your opinions on Nadal, that doesn't mean your opinions are true, just that your are being sincere.

Here's what you don't get. I have a favorite player that I enjoy posting about. It shouldn't be a big deal, but it is. It always has been. I can't count the Fed Worshipers who have come after me calling me names, coming in droves to attack me simply because I like Rafa.

I still don't see the correlation between bias and my screen name. I think you have it all wrong. Au contraire, it's many of the Fed Fans who are so biased that they can't accept that someone doesn't love their idol so they project their own slavish mentality onto others. At least that's the way I see it.

How can an opinion be true, or untrue? Facts are true and provable, opinions are not. Why someone else's opinion bothers another poster is beyond me. I can't grasp why I would care that much.

Also, why is there no backlash for Fed Fans who use Fed in their screen name and spout one biased post after another? Why is no one going after them?

When people overlook all the garbage that goes on on this site and target select posters, sorry, I can't take them or their opinions serious.

TheTruth
03-06-2009, 09:39 PM

To have been on the board for such a short time you're awfully snippy.

Everything that emanates from us is tainted by bias. So the case for proving your irony is lost.

For example, you may think you're telling the truth as you see it, but you appear to be very biased at the same time. See how that works?

saram
03-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Here's what you don't get. I have a favorite player that I enjoy posting about. It shouldn't be a big deal, but it is. It always has been. I can't count the Fed Worshipers who have come after me calling me names, coming in droves to attack me simply because I like Rafa.

I still don't see the correlation between bias and my screen name. I think you have it all wrong. Au contraire, it's many of the Fed Fans who are so biased that they can't accept that someone doesn't love their idol so they project their own slavish mentality onto others. At least that's the way I see it.

How can an opinion be true, or untrue? Facts are true and provable, opinions are not. Why someone else's opinion bothers another poster is beyond me. I can't grasp why I would care that much.

Also, why is there no backlash for Fed Fans who use Fed in their screen name and spout one biased post after another? Why is no one going after them?

When people overlook all the garbage that goes on on this site and target select posters, sorry, I can't take them or their opinions serious.

I do admire you for your loyalty to your favorite player--truly admirable. I, am in a rut--my favorite player sucks--Gaudio.

I may blast you and your other Nadal fans on here...but it is not ill-willed in any manner. My only thoughts are that some of the Rafa fans do not acknowledge greatness in other players. Rather than recognize a good deed or performance by another player--the Rafa fans here tend to instantly turn any and all threads into a Rafa thread--which is unfortunate.

I am not pointing out you in particular. I am generalizing which is bad.

Every Friday night, I will come up here into the GPD for a chuckle when I have had a beer or two. But normally--I just can't come to any of these threads as they all are funneled into Rafa threads within two or three posts.

You can either acknowledge that or dismiss it--it is your option. But truth be told, the GPD is no longer the GPD--it is the Rafa Player Discussion forum up here and that is why I tend to stay in the lower portion of this forum.

TheTruth
03-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Everybody feels they're speaking the truth, it's the truth about what they feel is right. Still don't see any irony...

Great minds think alike.

Who in their right mind thinks they're spouting lies? You put it so well. We all have our own truths based on our experiences and observations. That people get so bent out of shape by the word truth...hey, wait a minute. I think I found the irony:)

TheTruth
03-06-2009, 10:27 PM
I do admire you for your loyalty to your favorite player--truly admirable. I, am in a rut--my favorite player sucks--Gaudio.

I may blast you and your other Nadal fans on here...but it is not ill-willed in any manner. My only thoughts are that some of the Rafa fans do not acknowledge greatness in other players. Rather than recognize a good deed or performance by another player--the Rafa fans here tend to instantly turn any and all threads into a Rafa thread--which is unfortunate.

I am not pointing out you in particular. I am generalizing which is bad.

Every Friday night, I will come up here into the GPD for a chuckle when I have had a beer or two. But normally--I just can't come to any of these threads as they all are funneled into Rafa threads within two or three posts.

You can either acknowledge that or dismiss it--it is your option. But truth be told, the GPD is no longer the GPD--it is the Rafa Player Discussion forum up here and that is why I tend to stay in the lower portion of this forum.

I'm not familiar with you as far as you being a disrespectful or confrontational poster to me. I know you have your favorites players and that doesn't bother me. I don't put people in my TW mental address book as far as trying to think of negative things to say to posters. Live and let live is my motto.

But, I must say I don't agree with your position as far as Nadal fans go. I think it's many of the Fed Fans who are the real culprits here. As recently as last year the Nadal fans had to see a litany of abusive and negative posts regarding our favorite player. Nadal sucks on hard courts. Nadal will never win Wimbledon. Nadal is OCD. Nadal is fake. Nadal will never win a hard court slam. Nadal is not talented. Nadal will be overtaken by Djokovic, (now Murray), etc. The list goes on and on.

Since that time however, Nadal has proven all the naysayers wrong. Everything they said he couldn't do, he's done. Now many of the Fed Fans are angry, bitter, and resentful and are doing what they do best. Turning the tables and pretending that it's the Nadal fans that are biased and unfair. I simply refuse to go along with that.

Regarding whether or not they acknowledge the greatness of other players, that depends on one's perspective. I think Federer is a great player, but an awful human being so I wouldn't be the one to lift him up. If that bothers some people I'm sorry. It doesn't bother me if someone doesn't like Nadal. I like Nadal and that's good enough for me.

I'm not saying anything about you per se, I'm simply responding to your post and I must say I respect the way you approached me in a mature and logical manner.

P.S.-I'm a huge Gaudio fan too, and would love to see him back on tour. That backhand is a thing of beauty and I love his personality.

saram
03-06-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm not familiar with you as far as you being a disrespectful or confrontational poster to me. I know you have your favorites players and that doesn't bother me. I don't put people in my TW mental address book as far as trying to think of negative things to say to posters. Live and let live is my motto.

But, I must say I don't agree with your position as far as Nadal fans go. I think it's many of the Fed Fans who are the real culprits here. As recently as last year the Nadal fans had to see a litany of abusive and negative posts regarding our favorite player. Nadal sucks on hard courts. Nadal will never win Wimbledon. Nadal is OCD. Nadal is fake. Nadal will never win a hard court slam. Nadal is not talented. Nadal will be overtaken by Djokovic, (now Murray), etc. The list goes on and on.

Since that time however, Nadal has proven all the naysayers wrong. Everything they said he couldn't do, he's done. Now many of the Fed Fans are angry, bitter, and resentful and are doing what they do best. Turning the tables and pretending that it's the Nadal fans that are biased and unfair. I simply refuse to go along with that.

Regarding whether or not they acknowledge the greatness of other players, that depends on one's perspective. I think Federer is a great player, but an awful human being so I wouldn't be the one to lift him up. If that bothers some people I'm sorry. It doesn't bother me if someone doesn't like Nadal. I like Nadal and that's good enough for me.

I'm not saying anything about you per se, I'm simply responding to your post and I must say I respect the way you approached me in a mature and logical manner.

P.S.-I'm a huge Gaudio fan too, and would love to see him back on tour. That backhand is a thing of beauty and I love his personality.

Loved your reply--but Fed gives a TON to charity--don't see how he is an awful human being. I hate his cardigan, I hate his trousers on backwards, and I hate his $800 haircuts--but he is truly a great human being.

saram
03-06-2009, 11:17 PM
mandy,

you are right...the feds vs. the rafas are truly degrading the whole spirit of discussion as of late.

mandy01
03-06-2009, 11:27 PM
^^ what Fed wears is basically for the promotion of the sport.His classic Wimbledon attire was basically to bring back the memories of the the days of past.:lol:

mandy01
03-06-2009, 11:32 PM
TheTruth-I have been reading posts on this forum for over a year.I just never considered joining in .I just decided to give it a go now because I found some of the posts very informative.Before joining I went through many threads starting from 2006 and even then I'll say that both sides are at fault.When a Fed fans puts in some BS a Nadal fans just has to stoop to his/her level and vice versa.

saram
03-06-2009, 11:34 PM
[QUOTE=mandy01;3188257]

It is as you say now, mandyo1. But according to your join date you may not know the history of this board. Read some of the older threads and you will see how it has come to this.

The history is eb and flow...whom ever is winning--their fan base comes forth..right now, it is the Rafa fans filling every thread with biased influence....

saram
03-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Geesh--my apologies. I just looked at the fed/sampras thread here and those fans are quoting things ten paragraphs long.

doublebreak
03-07-2009, 12:03 AM

I get it, believe me. It's not a big deal for me who your favorite player is, I don't care. I just made a comment in reference to KK's post which referred to the obviousness of Nadal being that player. As simple as that.

Now, as for being called names and attacked by Fed worshipers I don't doubt it for a minute, you see, that is exactly what affects everybody here, the only difference is that I detest worshipers in general and refuse to be one of them, I don't care whether they worship Fed, Nadal, Sharapova or the Pope. And I don't really care if they call me names or if they want to insult and/or degrade a player that I might like. I can ignore those people without getting emotional at all. What bothers me is that these worshipers are parasitic. They come in on any discussion and completely destroy it. People that want to have a meaningful conversation on a variety of subjects get discouraged by the stupidity and juvenile attitude of these fanatics. I don't care who started it, I just find these brainless cheerleaders annoying as hell.

I'll explain it in the simplest terms: The literal meaning of your screen name would suggest that you speak the truth, that you're objective, rational, factual and all those good things, that would translate in being unbiased. That's the first part, pretty straight forward right.

Now the second part, are you biased or unbiased on your posts? for simplicity, let's say that we can actually draw a line in the sand and decide which it is, no ambiguity.

Now for the conclusion we have two options, if on the second part you answered biased you get a contrast with the first part, and there you have the irony. If you answered unbiased then your commenting is in agreement with your screen name and you have consistency, no irony here.

Is it clear now? I think most of your posts are biased and obviously you think exactly the opposite. irony in my view, consistency in yours. That's it.

I agree with you that some fans that could be described the way you do in this paragraph. I would classify them as fanatics or worshipers. Yes, they are completely biased towards whoever their idol might be, just fill the blank.

Yes, facts are facts. Opinions are subjective, however, opinions can be backed up on facts, observations, opinions by others. I can opine that my country is the most beautiful in the world, it's neither true or false, but it would be pretty probable that my opinion is based on something as superficial as my own emotions. On the other hand, If I travel to every country in the world and I develop some kind of criteria and then I make my selection I would probably get a different result. The key here is a desire to be as objective and fair as possible so that I can view a subject from different angles. So yes, I think you can have a biased or an unbiased opinion.

Your opinions don't bother me to the extent that I already explained. If you behave in a immature manner, if you dismiss people's opinions simply because in your mind they're bitter Federer's fans, if you state your opinions as a matter of fact when like we agreed opinions are not facts, without saying I think, imo, it is my view, if you monopolize a discussion that is not about your idol when you can start your own thread, all those things bother me, not the opinion itself, but the behavior.

I'm not going after anyone. I just call it as I see it. I get annoyed by posters because of the reasons I explained above. I don't care who is their idol, what their screen name or avatar is.

That's out of our control. People post on whatever they like. That's fine. I would just like to see a little more respect for thread subjects. If anybody wants to talk garbage is fine with me just open a garbage thread and don't pollute the others. I don't care if you take me or anybody serious. I like to write about my thoughts as I find it to be therapeutic. If there's someone out there that wants to discuss (not worship) about tennis then even better.

doublebreak
03-07-2009, 12:29 AM
To have been on the board for such a short time you're awfully snippy.

I don't think that's relevant but if you must know, I've been reading this forum for years but didn't really have the time before to participate much. So for whatever reason I do now. I'm familiar with many posters inclinations around here. I like to be blunt and direct, I hate political correctness. I like to argue, and always looking to be rational. I don't intend to be disrespectful.

Everything that emanates from us is tainted by bias. So the case for proving your irony is lost.

Not everything. That's the problem with generalizations. I would say that the bias I see the most from you is the argument that who disagrees with you must be a bitter Federer fan. It gets tiring after a while.

For example, you may think you're telling the truth as you see it, but you appear to be very biased at the same time. See how that works?

Yes, we all have biases, but it is not a black or white issue. You can be very biased or little biased. You see me as very biased and I do the same the other way around. So yes I see the dilemma. I guess the only way to work it out would be a third party perspective.

TheTruth
03-07-2009, 12:49 AM
I don't think that's relevant but if you must know, I've been reading this forum for years but didn't really have the time before to participate much. So for whatever reason I do now. I'm familiar with many posters inclinations around here. I like to be blunt and direct, I hate political correctness. I like to argue, and always looking to be rational. I don't intend to be disrespectful.

Why argue? Why not ignore? If I think someone is biased, silly, whatever trait I see I try not to respond to them. What's the point in doing that? I simply disagree and let them have at it. Arguing for the sake of arguing about opinions that can't be changed is fruitless to me.

Not everything. That's the problem with generalizations. I would say that the bias I see the most from you is the argument that who disagrees with you must be a bitter Federer fan. It gets tiring after a while.

I read your post history. You're a Federer fan. You respect Nadal but think his game is ugly. From reading this board and knowing some posters inclinations (your words), you know that my feelings are in direct opposition to your views. So, why would you decide to post to me knowing that we are on opposite ends of the spectrum? You like to argue? What's tiring to me, is posters like you who feel it necessary to come after people under the guise of objectivity. I saw nothing objective in your posts. I saw an intelligent Fed Fan, but I can see through the smoke screen and as the smoke clears I see no reason why you would have addressed me in the first place.

And you're wrong I don't go after posters telling them anything about who they are and what they post. My posts deal with me, period.

Yes, we all have biases, but it is not a black or white issue. You can be very biased or little biased. You see me as very biased and I do the same the other way around. So yes I see the dilemma. I guess the only way to work it out would be a third party perspective.

Where did I say I saw you as biased? I said we all have biases. Why do we need a third party perspective? On what? I'm a Nadal fan. You're a Fed fan. Let's leave it at that. You said on one of your earlier posts that you respect a person's right to freedom of speech. This third party initiative negates that. See my views on Nadal as a form of freedom of speech and we'll get along great!

doublebreak
03-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Your last post can be confusing on the quoting for other people to read since you commented on the part apparently quoted by me.

Why argue? Why not ignore? If I think someone is biased, silly, whatever trait I see I try not to respond to them. What's the point in doing that? I simply disagree and let them have at it. Arguing for the sake of arguing about opinions that can't be changed is fruitless to me.

I like to make an argument, I like to debate, there are debate clubs in which the purpose is to argue two opposite points of view. I assume people here like to argue and discuss and if not yes of course, there's the ignore option. I'm not trying to change your opinions. I feel sometimes you misunderstand what I said or misrepresent it and I feel the urge to set the record straight. If you want to ignore me please be my guest and follow your own advice.

I read your post history. You're a Federer fan. You respect Nadal but think his game is ugly. From reading this board and knowing some posters inclinations (your words), you know that my feelings are in direct opposition to your views. So, why would you decide to post to me knowing that we are on opposite ends of the spectrum? You like to argue? What's tiring to me, is posters like you who feel it necessary to come after people under the guise of objectivity. I saw nothing objective in your posts. I saw an intelligent Fed Fan, but I can see through the smoke screen and as the smoke clears I see no reason why you would have addressed me in the first place.

Because I don't see harm in discussing opposing views. If anything I rather do that. It sharpens your skills, it increases your knowledge, it's good for the brain. I don't agree with your labeling of myself in such a simplistic way, but hey, it's your opinion so I respect it. I didn't intend to address just you before. I like to post sometimes in reference to comments from other posters that I may find interesting or agreeable. That was the case with KK's post about Professor Obvious and the irony. I thought you didn't quite get what he was talking about and wanted to contribute to the conversation. I just post my opinions and don't really think if the other side is on my side of the spectrum or not.

And you're wrong I don't go after posters telling them anything about who they are and what they post. My posts deal with me, period.

You just labeled me in this post.

Where did I say I saw you as biased? I said we all have biases. Why do we need a third party perspective? On what? I'm a Nadal fan. You're a Fed fan. Let's leave it at that. You said on one of your earlier posts that you respect a person's right to freedom of speech. This third party initiative negates that. See my views on Nadal as a form of freedom of speech and we'll get along great!

You said this before: "For example, you may think you're telling the truth as you see it, but you appear to be very biased at the same time. See how that works?"

I understand it as you seeing me to be very biased, what did I miss?
Yes, I think that should be a universal right. I respect your views in that sense.

Nadal_Freak
03-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Strange that Kaptain_Karl only responds to Nadal fans. Why not Fed fans ever?

Gorecki
03-07-2009, 08:47 AM

3. Any questioning, flaming, or trolling of moderation/admin on the boards will not be tolerated. Posts concerning moderation will be deleted. Persistence can be cause for banning. If you have a legit concern about moderation, email discussadmin@tennis-warehouse.com

Please persist on this issue for the next few 30 posts... pleeeeaseeeee

Nadal_Freak
03-07-2009, 09:13 AM
3. Any questioning, flaming, or trolling of moderation/admin on the boards will not be tolerated. Posts concerning moderation will be deleted. Persistence can be cause for banning. If you have a legit concern about moderation, email discussadmin@tennis-warehouse.com

Please persist on this issue for the next few 30 posts... pleeeeaseeeee
It's a fair question. Nothing to do with moderation but with why he never calls out Fed fans? Just be honest with us.

Gorecki
03-07-2009, 09:41 AM
It's a fair question. Nothing to do with moderation but with why he never calls out Fed fans? Just be honest with us.

c'mon dont be shy... let all the comunity know what is going on your mind!

SaintClaires
03-07-2009, 10:00 AM
If we're talking about service faults, then yes, Nadal has had many faults in the past.

Nadal_Freak
03-07-2009, 10:18 AM
c'mon dont be shy... let all the comunity know what is going on your mind!
You would like that wouldn't you. Sorry I'm not going there. Back on topic. Scheduling is not too good from Rafa. He doesn't like to drop out of tournaments. He shouldn't have played in Rotterdam and also shouldn't be playing 4 clay tournaments in 5 weeks. He should drop Barcelona.

veroniquem
03-07-2009, 10:40 AM
I moved to New York so nobody could find me :)
(Just kidding, there are tons of us in France despite some silly preconceived ideas that are going around at TW!)

NamRanger
03-07-2009, 10:45 AM

Gorecki pointed out a way for you to privately discuss the matters with Kaptain Karl and other administrators of the board. Use it.

Plus, KK is a moderator, but that does not means that he has to be neutral in arguments. He can side whoever he wishes to side with. He is a POSTER AND A MODERATOR.

TheTruth
03-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Straw Men. You appear to be incapable of being even *close* to objective ... about Nadal ... about Federer ... about Nadal fans in general ... about Federer fans in general ... and about your own posts. The Straw Men are your claims that ... (a) you are being "attacked" ... (b) people oppose your opinion "simply because I like Rafa."

Yeah. I see that you didn't understand....

I don't know about the other TT-ers here, but my point wasn't to contrast "your bias" and your Screen Name. Your posting style contrasted with your SN is what I find so ironic.

TheTruth, I pretty consistently disagree with your posts about Pro players, but you write well and (usually) present your ideas clearly and cogently.

The only reason I even bothered with my comment on irony, was because I hoped it might make you think. (Instead, what I have seen is you are posting from an emotional "What about THEM???" position and avoiding engaging your grey matter regarding my observation on the irony of your posts. I guess I over-estimated you a little....)

I am a Mod on TT. There are some TT-ers I'd *love* to flame about their persistent idiocy ... or fan-boy posts ... or just plain insipid posting style ... or their obvious goal of building up their post count (as if that number represents some kind of "wisdom").

But I am constrained by my role. This Irony Issue I took up with you is about as ... pointed ... as I get with an individual poster. In your case, I thought you could handle it and I thought it might shed some light in a shadowed area. I apologize if I misread you and offended you.

- KK

I don't know if you remember, but ever since I came onto this board you've had some kind of "constructive" (I'm sure in your mind) criticism of my posts. For that reason I find it hard to see you as objective, and if memory serves me correctly even other posters would chime in as to your lack of objectivity regarding me,

sooo......

pardon me if I don't take you seriously.

I just can't.

TheTruth
03-07-2009, 12:08 PM

And that has always been the case.

TheTruth
03-07-2009, 12:21 PM
It's great to see Nadal fans standing up for their rights. That's all I'll say. We have a right to our preferences and anyone who tries to single us out and turn the tables only serve to expose themselves.

I am a fair and objective poster, fairer than a lot of these people who post derogatory statements on a regular basis.

Strangely, I never see them chastised or corrected.

It makes me smile.

Back on topic.

Of course Nadal has faults. He's human. They're just not as obvious to us because he leaves his personal stuff off the court. Tennis is his job, career, and he seems to do a great job of keeping it between the lines.

Oops! another admirable quality that can't be described as a fault.

:::sigh:::I guess I'll have to keep trying.

edmondsm
03-07-2009, 03:03 PM
agreed, from the posts I have read, theTruth is definitely not fair or objective. She does refrain from childish insults though.

I agree with that. Fair and objective though? That's just delusional. I would never say that I am fair or objective. I'm incredibly biased, nothing wrong with that. We're not journalists.

veroniquem
03-07-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm not a moderator. You think I'm not objective, great, please tell me why. I just post my opinions on selected topics, there's only so many hours on the day. I am a Federer fan, I'm a Safin fan, I'm a Kuerten fan, I'm a Nalbandian fan, I'm even a Nadal fan. You can label me whatever you'd like. It's clear that you're one who likes to label people and reduce issues to such simplistic terms as if you'd be dealing with children. You should try running for office, the political arena have a lot of people like you.
That's a good idea. Morrissey, I'd vote for you!

Kaptain Karl
03-07-2009, 10:04 PM
Strange that Kaptain_Karl only responds to Nadal fans. Why not Fed fans ever?This makes no sense. I don't check some "list" to see if a TT-er is a Federer or Nadal fan before I reply to their posts.

It's a fair question. Nothing to do with moderation but with why he never calls out Fed fans? Just be honest with us.You used different words, but this still makes no sense. Why do you care who or why I "call out" anyone? (And I'm not sure you and I define the phrase "call out" the same. I'm not sure what you mean by it.)

Nobody has to "defend" being a Nadal fan, Djokovic fan or Federer fan on this board. TT is just a tennis forum on the InterNet. All are welcome here. Don't take it so seriously.

- KK

Mansewerz
03-07-2009, 10:11 PM

He uses pink tape? Is that the fault?

Wasn't Rafa caught stripping on a boat?

Mansewerz
03-07-2009, 10:15 PM
It's great to see Nadal fans standing up for their rights. That's all I'll say. We have a right to our preferences and anyone who tries to single us out and turn the tables only serve to expose themselves.

I am a fair and objective poster, fairer than a lot of these people who post derogatory statements on a regular basis.

Strangely, I never see them chastised or corrected.

It makes me smile.

Back on topic.

Of course Nadal has faults. He's human. They're just not as obvious to us because he leaves his personal stuff off the court. Tennis is his job, career, and he seems to do a great job of keeping it between the lines.

Oops! another admirable quality that can't be described as a fault.

:::sigh:::I guess I'll have to keep trying.

Hahaha, I'm sorry but this post sounds like Nadal fans are being segregated and overly oppressed. Come on, this is an internet forum. Do Nadal fans want a national Nadalfans month?

TheTruth
03-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Fair enough, the wording just seemed rather strong. No offense intended. I'm too am tired of supertrolls and what not. I don't mind constructive debates, and even heated debates, but when it's ridiculous, well I just don't think it's as constructive anymore.

No offense taken, and that pic you put up of Rafa with the pink band-aid was pretty funny. Probably some silly doctor trying to create controversy.

J/K!

tahiti
03-08-2009, 12:21 AM
Perhaps the only "problem" here and not fault, is that it's impossible to talk about any tournament, the rankings, contrasting of players, previous and future matches without discussing the world's no. 1 or his journey to that position. Purely because he is involved in all of it.

Nadal_Freak
03-08-2009, 12:25 AM
This makes no sense. I don't check some "list" to see if a TT-er is a Federer or Nadal fan before I reply to their posts.

You used different words, but this still makes no sense. Why do you care who or why I "call out" anyone? (And I'm not sure you and I define the phrase "call out" the same. I'm not sure what you mean by it.)

Nobody has to "defend" being a Nadal fan, Djokovic fan or Federer fan on this board. TT is just a tennis forum on the InterNet. All are welcome here. Don't take it so seriously.

- KK
I would have nothing against if you are a Fed fan. You seem to want to avoid that topic on who your very favorite players are. I guess I can understand. I'll message you privately about anything else though.

Kaptain Karl
03-08-2009, 07:06 AM
I would have nothing against if you are a Fed fan.I am a tennis fan.

I remember Pancho with fondness. I think Kramer still hasn't received the credit he deserves for "saving" the Pro game.

I have the greatest respect for Newk, Rosewall, Laver, and Stan Smith ... and I loved their games. Nastase is my favorite player of all time. I loved Connors' heart and game, but couldn't stand his sometimes vile behavior.

I was astonished the tennis "system" allowed Mac to get away with his behavior from the Juniors to the Pros. (I still believe if the "authorities" had kicked him out of a few Junior tourneys, he'd have changed his act ... for the better of the whole game.)

I'm old enough to remember being annoyed at "that punk," Agassi ... then delighted with his personal transformation and success. I never had an appreciation for Sampras' game. [Gasp!!!] To me, he just seemed to hit the ball HARD. (I'm as amazed as anyone can be he won so many Majors.)

Among the modern players I don't have a favorite player. But I have NOT liked the favorite style of play of the last several years. (I like to blame Academy Tennis for the "mindlessness" of the Baseline Bashers, but I know it's just the phase the game is in....)

I really liked "the Roddick" of '02 and '03. I like Federer's game and shotmaking. I like Murray's intelligent play. I like Tsonga because he reminds me of the heyday of the game.

I appreciate Nadal for showing us how, even at the top of the game, one can improve various aspects of his game if he chooses. (Serve, attacking the net more, backhand, forehand....) As I wrote in my OZ review thread (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=245018), I think Nadal would get more of the respect he deserves if his (childish) butt-picking and delay tactics were brought under control.

I'm a tennis fan. I don't have good days or bad days based on how any particular player is doing.

- KK

doublebreak
03-08-2009, 08:09 AM
I am a tennis fan.

- KK

But underneath everybody knows you are still a Fed fan :rolleyes:

Seriously, how some people can not understand this concept is beyond me.

Jimmyk459
03-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Ok... based on everyone's discussions... I have come to the conclusion that Nadals only legit fault is his OCD...

Thankyou for your banter.

-Thread Creator

LurkingGod
03-08-2009, 05:27 PM
He uses pink tape? Is that the fault?

Not if he's wearing a matching pink t-shirt..:)

Wasn't Rafa caught stripping on a boat?

Yes but a lot of his fans consider it as a big plus, not a fault..:oops:

Nadal has a lot of faults, just not the ones that I care about.

rxblitzrx
03-11-2009, 06:59 PM
his forehand. omg, his forehand! it's the ugliest thing i've ever seen in the game of tennis.

SaintClaires
03-11-2009, 07:02 PM
his forehand. omg, his forehand! it's the ugliest thing i've ever seen in the game of tennis.

Who's forehand is ugly? Besides Gilles Simon's?

saram
03-11-2009, 07:05 PM

Yet one of the best weapons in tennis--go figure.

rxblitzrx
03-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Who's forehand is ugly? Besides Gilles Simon's?

Nadal's. I seriously can't stand how he finishes over the head. It's like how little kids try to exaggerate everything, just for fun. NO beauty what-so-ever !

SaintClaires
03-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Nadal's. I seriously can't stand how he finishes over the head. It's like how little kids try to exaggerate everything, just for fun. NO beauty what-so-ever !

I thought everybody loved Nadal's forehand!

rxblitzrx
03-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Yet one of the best weapons in tennis--go figure.

so it seems to be effective. i think this is one of the reasons why Fed has so much trouble with nadal. i'd be seriously annoyed if i had to play someone like that. every time you look over the net, he's either picking his wedgie or acting like he's a cowboy with a lasso.

SaintClaires
03-11-2009, 07:10 PM
so it seems to be effective. i think this is one of the reasons why Fed has so much trouble with nadal. i'd be seriously annoyed if i had to play someone like that. every time you look over the net, he's either picking his wedgie or acting like he's a cowboy with a lasso.

AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA:confused::confused::confu sed::confused:

adlis
03-11-2009, 07:41 PM

NADAL FAULTS

http://icaryn.com/uploaded_images/FM_NADAL_W07_D13_006-low-740053.jpg

adlis
03-11-2009, 07:45 PM
NADAL FAULTS

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bpv9Qpfb72Ni/840x.jpg

bol boi move my water no? vley vley bad no?

http://www.milfordonsea.com/Nadal%20Rotterdam%20Feb%2009.jpg

saram
03-11-2009, 07:48 PM
adlis--you have taken the term 'lowest level' to an all-time low here. Truly tasteless, without class nor dignity, not sporting in the sense of talking about tennis or being a tennis fan. But, to each their own. If it makes you feel better to pick on another human being's mannerisms--then so be it. It defines you and your personality. I for one--would never hang out with you.

adlis
03-11-2009, 08:17 PM
adlis--you have taken the term 'lowest level' to an all-time low here. Truly tasteless, without class nor dignity, not sporting in the sense of talking about tennis or being a tennis fan. But, to each their own. If it makes you feel better to pick on another human being's mannerisms--then so be it. It defines you and your personality. I for one--would never hang out with you.

http://www.sportfiles.com/photogallery/nadal/IW06-6958D.jpg

VivalaVida
03-11-2009, 08:19 PM
That second picture with nadal looking dejected is heartbreaking. I never like seeing a professional in that state even if I am rooting against them. In 2005, I was rooting for fed to win wimbledon against roddick, after the match I saw roddick in a dejected state and I felt really bad for him. I wished that he had won it at that point. This is the picture of that moment :(
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45433000/jpg/_45433599_2005wimb_getty.jpg

icedevil0289
03-11-2009, 08:23 PM
That second picture with nadal looking dejected is heartbreaking. I never like seeing a professional in that state even if I am rooting against them. In 2005, I was rooting for fed to win wimbledon against roddick, after the match I saw roddick in a dejected state and I felt really bad for him. I wished that he had won it at that point. This is the picture of that moment :(

aww, andy looked really bummed out. The picture of nadal looking dejected is indeed heart breaking and looking at it just makes me want to give him a hug there.

adlis
03-11-2009, 08:41 PM

i totaly agree. The $600,000 cheque is the biggest insult..

VivalaVida
03-11-2009, 10:11 PM
i totaly agree. The $600,000 cheque is the biggest insult..
yep, $ 600,000 dollars means alot to Roddick who is a multi millionaire. There is no such thing as winning a grand slam for your own pride and legacy as a tennis player :rolleyes: Yes sir, Federer was crying at the AO because he didnt get a million plus dollars like nadal not because he wanted to tie sampras record and win his 14th slam.

OddJack
03-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Good job adlis, I liked it.

ya got to keep the freaks in check somehow.

Two thumbs up man.

tahiti
03-12-2009, 02:13 AM
Why is that funny. They got all the good views. The audience has bad views as they are far from the courts and not usually aligned right.

I understand Nadal_Freak. If you've got a VIP box next to the court up close, of course it's great! But even first ring doesn't compare with the up close, pause and replay shots on tv. And second ring is really far away...tv shows more.

Jimmyk459
03-12-2009, 04:59 AM
I get it.. he got caught