PDA

View Full Version : Vaidisova falls to #80

Lionheart392
03-02-2009, 05:05 AM
Wow, last time I checked she was around #40 and now she's down to #80. This really shocks me as someone like Ana Ivanovic who is going through a major slump right now is still in the top 10. I guess maybe she could be one of those teen sensations who never lived up to the hype, but the fact that she was in the top 10 two years ago and #80 now, that's something more than just not living up to expectations. Does anyone see Vaidisova making a comeback any time soon, or will she continue to fall even further?

luckyboy1300
03-02-2009, 06:02 AM
Wow, last time I checked she was around #40 and now she's down to #80. This really shocks me as someone like Ana Ivanovic who is going through a major slump right now is still in the top 10. I guess maybe she could be one of those teen sensations who never lived up to the hype, but the fact that she was in the top 10 two years ago and #80 now, that's something more than just not living up to expectations. Does anyone see Vaidisova making a comeback any time soon, or will she continue to fall even further?

the stepanek curse of ruining a wta career is still on course, i presume...

cknobman
03-02-2009, 06:24 AM
Vaidasova focus on balls has moved from tennis to Stepanek so its no surprise to see her ranking fall.

equinox
03-02-2009, 06:28 AM
She had her fill of tennis for the time being. Be happy for her. She's happy being #80 and having the worm in bed.

THUNDERVOLLEY
03-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Vaidasova focus on balls has moved from tennis to Stepanek so its no surprise to see her ranking fall.

Well, there's no explanation for the taste of some women....but I blame her fall on the would-be Sharapova/"sexy"/basher 2.0 hype machine which launched her (despite her early shock run).

Vaidasova never had the tactical mind for the sport, suffered from (what I see as) entitlement issues as though the promises of the hype machine behnd her were going to come true. Add her laughble mobility, zero net skills/touch, and a partial "A" game, and it is no surprise to see her ranking slip--or her general failures to make significant moves during the past year.

vandre
03-02-2009, 08:58 AM
maybe the best thing for the wta to do is to ban radek. although he isn't exactly "performance-enhancing".

dataseviltwin
03-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Ban Radek!!!

Jack Romeo
03-02-2009, 09:51 AM
i saw a match she played in paris where she lost badly to emilie loit. nicole looked totally disinterested on the court. she reminds of jennifer capriati circa 1993. i predict she will get "injured" soon and stop playing for a while. then, maybe, she will come back - like capriati before and dokic has been doing this year.

Lionheart392
03-02-2009, 09:56 AM
But I just don't understand, if she is totally infatuated with Radek, that's fair enough, but why does she keep playing? She's a former #7 who reached a couple of GS semifinals, how on earth is she satisfied with being #80?

soyizgood
03-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Vaidisova's the poster child for my "what's wrong with her" thread.

pound cat
03-02-2009, 10:43 AM
But I just don't understand, if she is totally infatuated with Radek, that's fair enough, but why does she keep playing? She's a former #7 who reached a couple of GS semifinals, how on earth is she satisfied with being #80?

He shares his body but not his money? Keep on playing tennis Nicole.

oneguy21
03-02-2009, 10:45 AM
She's playing with the wrong ball. :)

DMan
03-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Shows you what can happen if you subscribe to the Bolletieri theory of "bash baby, bash"

She had only one, rather limited way of playing. It worked for a while. Another in a long line of girls who were allowed to play on the circuit at too young of an age, when their games were not ready, and their mental and emotional state was not ready either.

thalivest
03-02-2009, 11:14 AM
What a waste of talent. Such a shame as the WTA so needed someone like her to fulfill her potential.

soyizgood
03-02-2009, 11:26 AM
What a waste of talent. Such a shame as the WTA so needed someone like her to fulfill her potential.

Don't worry. Azarenka will take the torch and show what Nicole could have done.

srinrajesh
03-02-2009, 11:48 AM
i expect her to come back to the top 20 some time next year after she breaks off with radek

soyizgood
03-02-2009, 11:56 AM
i expect her to come back to the top 20 some time next year after she breaks off with radek

The way Nicole has been beaten down 6-2 6-0, 6-1 6-1 over the past year you're either really optimistic or left in the dark. Stepanek is on cloud 9 now winning tournaments and bagging a clueless hottie.

She admits she isn't that devoted to tennis. That's already a sign she's not going to get back to the top 20. Girls at her age are improving (i.e. Azarenka, Wozniacki, Radwanska), not regressing. Until she gets into shape, screws on a new light bulb in her head, and demands more out of herself she's likely to go off into the graveyard of what could have been (i.e. Kournikova).

Oui, c'est moi.
03-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Why blame Radek? Vaidasova hasn't been herself since she got glandular fever. Also, he didn't ruin Hingis' career. As far as i can remember she did pretty well on-court whilst dating him.

Y'all are just discriminating against Radek because he's slept with these women. :)

SoBad
03-02-2009, 12:08 PM
She'll keep falling down in rankings, and will never have a chance to exit in glamour in some kind of a coke scandal. Huge downgrade from Hingis, I say...

JediMindTrick
03-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Why blame Radek? Vaidasova hasn't been herself since she got glandular fever. Also, he didn't ruin Hingis' career. As far as i can remember she did pretty well on-court whilst dating him.

Y'all are just discriminating against Radek because he's slept with these women. :)

What? She had mono too? What the h*ll is going on?

Oui, c'est moi.
03-02-2009, 12:46 PM
What? She had mono too? What the h*ll is going on?
In 2007. She didn't play any tournament between Wimbledon and US open due to mono.
She's been up and down since.
Mainly down.

drake
03-02-2009, 01:18 PM
She just has to get over "first love". It happened to Ivanovic though not as intense and it is happening to Jankovic. It also ocurred with Graf, though right when she was finishing her career.

JediMindTrick
03-02-2009, 02:03 PM
In 2007. She didn't play any tournament between Wimbledon and US open due to mono.
She's been up and down since.
Mainly down.

Hmm, so she had mono right before Federer. Interesting.

Emelia21
03-02-2009, 04:36 PM

Perhaps its all to do with money?? :? ??

dunlopfan
03-02-2009, 06:17 PM
She has the talent but she just has to get her desire to play again. i haven't watched any of her matches lately because they haven't been televised so I cannot fully evaluate her performances. Vaidisova was one of my favorite up and coming players and it's a real shame to see her slump like this.

Lefty5
03-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Let her go... who really is going to miss that flash in the pan anyway

tenis
03-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Also, she split with her coach - stepfather, latter on a few new coaches and goes nowhere....!

bladepdb
03-03-2009, 12:40 PM
the stepanek curse of ruining a wta career is still on course, i presume...

More like the Stepanek CHARM ruining another WTA craeer.

oneguy21
03-03-2009, 01:05 PM
More like the Stepanek CHARM ruining another WTA craeer.

Stepanek has no charm. What similarity do you see in the two women he dated...Hingis and Vaidisova? They're both Czech. And he's Czech too, so it's probably a Czech thing.

benz1
03-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Stepanek has no charm. What similarity do you see in the two women he dated...Hingis and Vaidisova? They're both Czech. And he's Czech too, so it's probably a Czech thing

isn't hingis swiss?

Lionheart392
03-03-2009, 05:16 PM
isn't hingis swiss?

She is now, but was born in Czechoslovakia. Her mother is Czech and her father is Hungarian.

soyizgood
03-03-2009, 05:18 PM
isn't hingis swiss?

She's ethnically 1/2 Czech. She has gone by her proper surname Hingisova before.

sanmazz
03-03-2009, 06:16 PM
She is making efforts. She has started working with het step father ales kodat again. Saw it for myself at bollettieri

bladepdb
03-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Stepanek has no charm. What similarity do you see in the two women he dated...Hingis and Vaidisova? They're both Czech. And he's Czech too, so it's probably a Czech thing.

I would take Stepanek to bed in a heartbeat if I were a girl.

Mick
03-03-2009, 07:24 PM
if sharapova does not start playing (and winning matches) soon, one day vaidisova will overpass her in the wta ranking.

Gen
03-03-2009, 11:09 PM
I would take Stepanek to bed in a heartbeat if I were a girl.

What about Vaidisova? You don't have to be a girl in this case.

vince evert
03-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Aah Nicole Vaidisova - The hotest Bod in Women's tennis !!!
Pity though she does not posses a game just as hot!

How the hell are red-blooded men like yours truly supposed to get by in life without watching on television her strutting her stuff!

Please tournament organisers, Please give Nicole priority match ups on the centre court at the French, wimbledon and U.S Opens. That'll boost the television ratings for sure, Hahahahahahahahaha hardy HA HA

tenis
03-04-2009, 01:17 PM
She is now, but was born in Czechoslovakia. Her mother is Czech and her father is Hungarian.

Correction: Martinas father is Slovak, not Hungarian!