PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: portable ball machine

RalphNYC
03-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Any brand, needs to be portable as I have to walk to the courts

Thanks!

charliefedererer
03-11-2009, 09:25 AM
I recently bought the silent partner lite machine direct from silent partner for $549. It only weighs 38#, so its easy to pick up. The wheels are okay, but if you have to bring it a long way, you may want to get a cart. I got a three foot high cart from Sears so I can get the machine high enough over the net to send balls down and work on my return of serve.
This machine that has a top speed of 95 mph and has adjustable amounts of topspin and underspin. So far, it seems great!

dr.freestyler
03-15-2009, 08:42 PM
i have a tennis tutor jr i could be convinced to sell as i dont get to use it as much anymore. i used to live real close to a court, not anymore.
Tennis tutor jr is same as tennis tutor lite...they changed names

its battery operated, rotates side to side and has variable speed. no remote, but you could buy one.

i believe the battery needs to be replaced fairly soon
The AC adapter wire is a little loose so you gotta mess with it a little when you plug it in.

Both of those things could be replaced from the sports tutor website, ($50 & $20)...i would only do the battery personally

if you are interested...emil me at sdesa3@uky.edu
i would have to figure out shipping...but i think for around $500 i would sell it

dr.freestyler
03-15-2009, 08:46 PM
got a tennis tutor Jr. battery operated oscillation and speed control
needs to have battery replaced $50 from sports tutor
easy to transport
AC adaptor works, but ocasoinally needs to be wiggled a bit when you plug it in, could be replaced for bout $12 from sports tutor site.

i would need to figure out shipping, but i think i could part with it for around $500