PDA

View Full Version : BJK Exo Tonight

marc45
03-02-2009, 03:08 PM
is anyone going to watch the gals go at it tonight?....i don't get hbo and don't feel like heading over to mom's....it's at madison square garden and billie jean king is using it to spur female involvement in tennis i believe...bill clinton is going to be there to give bjk an award......serena plays ivanovic and venus plays jankovic in one set semifinals...the winners play a best of 3 final, so someone or two players might end up playing four sets.....the williams did a good job of that recently combining singles and doubles in oz, but it's been years since there's been more than 3 sets for ladies singles...if anyone watches please post a synopsis if you can....thanks...oh yeah, johnny mac, carillo, and bjk for the call

pound cat
03-02-2009, 03:57 PM
is anyone going to watch the gals go at it tonight?....i don't get hbo and don't feel like heading over to mom's....it's at madison square garden and billie jean king is using it to spur female involvement in tennis i believe...bill clinton is going to be there to give bjk an award......serena plays ivanovic and venus plays jankovic in one set semifinals...the winners play a best of 3 final, so someone or two players might end up playing four sets.....the williams did a good job of that recently combining singles and doubles in oz, but it's been years since there's been more than 3 sets for ladies singles...if anyone watches please post a synopsis if you can....thanks...oh yeah, johnny mac, carillo, and bjk for the call

supposed to be live scores here...don't hold your breath

http://www.thegarden.com/events/billie-jean-king-cup-0309.html

skip1969
03-02-2009, 03:59 PM
i had no idea this was even going on, until five minutes ago. guess i'm out of touch.

saram
03-02-2009, 04:00 PM
any streaming for this event?

pound cat
03-02-2009, 04:06 PM
any streaming for this event?

I doubt it very much. Pay your money at the Gardens you see it. Otherwise you're out of luck.

J-man
03-02-2009, 04:19 PM
I watching it. Don't really know how its going to go down. 2 separate best 2 out of 3 matches? Or is it shortened matches?

J-man
03-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Nevermind each match will be 1 set. and a full match for the final

pound cat
03-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Nevermind each match will be 1 set.

[B]By the time i post this it's likely over

pound cat
03-02-2009, 04:29 PM
I watching it. Don't really know how its going to go down. 2 separate best 2 out of 3 matches? Or is it shortened matches?

How are you watching it???????????

J-man
03-02-2009, 04:30 PM
[B]By the time i post this it's likely overYeah lol especially after I just heard (and what a surprise) no ad scoring

marc45
03-02-2009, 04:30 PM
supposed to be live scores here...don't hold your breath

http://www.thegarden.com/events/billie-jean-king-cup-0309.html
thanks, i'll check it out

skip1969
03-02-2009, 04:31 PM
it's on hbo.

oh no . . . the idiot, michael barkaan!! telling us a bunch of crap we really don't need to know. lol

pound cat
03-02-2009, 04:35 PM
it's on hbo.

oh no . . . the idiot, michael barkaan!! telling us a bunch of crap we really don't need to know. lol

Thanks, but I don't get HBO in Canada. Jankovic and Dave Hill are playing? Now, who is he? LOL

marc45
03-02-2009, 04:35 PM
don't see any live scoring set-up

J-man
03-02-2009, 04:38 PM
How are you watching it???????????I have hbo. Manly have it for the fights could care less about the rest. But programming is pretty top notch I most say

skip1969
03-02-2009, 04:42 PM
it's a silly exhibition and they're playing one no-ad set . . . but for some odd reason they showed venus' wimbledon 2008 draw . . . like she just won those matches the other day. lol

note to hbo: that was eight months ago. on a different surface, in a different country.

DMan
03-02-2009, 05:32 PM
it's a silly exhibition and they're playing one no-ad set . . . but for some odd reason they showed venus' wimbledon 2008 draw . . . like she just won those matches the other day. lol

note to hbo: that was eight months ago. on a different surface, in a different country.

It's called hype. Which this event needs a lot of.

So for this Williams sisters expo (did JJ and Ana really think it was about them?) who will win? And will anyone really care?

I saw tickets were still available, so it was not sold out like the Federer-Sampras Garden duel a year go.

A men's exo can sell out the Garden, but a women's exo featuring the top 4 players cannot sell out. But the women deserve equal prize money at the majors??? Because they are so "equal"??

Topaz
03-02-2009, 05:34 PM
It's called hype. Which this event needs a lot of.

So for this Williams sisters expo (did JJ and Ana really think it was about them?) who will win? And will anyone really care?

I saw tickets were still available, so it was not sold out like the Federer-Sampras Garden duel a year go.

A men's exo can sell out the Garden, but a women's exo featuring the top 4 players cannot sell out. But the women deserve equal prize money at the majors??? Because they are so "equal"??

Or, because New York got hit with a snow storm this weekend?

Why do you care?

J-man
03-02-2009, 05:47 PM

As Dman said it's hype. Also they want to show Venus's most recent big event in which she won. And they picked Wimbledon the one tennis tournament that everyone knows

formerblakefan
03-02-2009, 06:23 PM
here's the streaming info: http://www.justin.tv/chadgate

DMan
03-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Or, because New York got hit with a snow storm this weekend?

Why do you care?

There being a NY snowstorm had no effect on ticket sales for the event.

I pointed out the lack of sell out to compare it to last year's men's exo between Fed and a retired Sampras. It sold out.

Four of the top women in the game, 2 American and the women don't sell out the Garden.

So when the folks who want to argue that *of course* the women deserve equal prize money at the majors - despite the fact the women ONLY have to play best of three sets, and the men MUST play best of five sets throughout - because they are equally popular...this is yet another instance where the women aren't as popular as the men. Period.

J-man
03-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Some real bad bounces. But the coirtwas laid down yesterday. But bjk says the court was layer down well.