PDA

View Full Version : Samster vs. Saram: Rise of a Tennessee Titan

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

samster
03-02-2009, 04:44 PM
AP/Router News (March 2, 2009)

From Nashville, TN:

Currey Tennis Center reported today that Samster vs. Saram will be slated for for Spring 2009 when the wintry storm passes Middle Tennesse sometime in the near future. Both hail from the state of Tennessee, home of Jack Daniels, country music, and of course, the Titans. Speaking of titans, our local correspondant caught up with Samster at Five Guys this afternoon catching a late afternoon snack.

http://i41.tinypic.com/5vzr6g.jpg

Speaking confidently as he poured ketchup on the freshly-made little bacon cheeseburgers, Samster stated that he was not worried too much about the matchup. "Like Federer, I don't really work on my weaknesses. Most days I don't practice at all." (See http://www.xpress4me.com/sport/uae/tennis/20012102.html)

"I don't really know much about this Saram guy or what he has been up to lately. We (the Nashville crew) last heard he was dating some hot southern belle before he disappeared from the boards for several months."

"All the sudden he reappears at TTW claiming he can wield a NCode 6.1 Tour 90 is just quite unbelievable."

"As far as I am concerned, any racket < 93 sq. in. head requires daily practice and an NTRP level of at least 5.0, according to certain experts at TTW, or else risking injuries. I am sure he [Saram] is just talking smack. The man is probably using a paint job."

Questioned about whether if he was slightly overconfident, Samster remarked:
"Come on, at my last Exo I had to fly out to California with limited equipment (ie. one single racket) and almost pulled out a win." [ See Samster vs. Skraggle Exo I at http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=182333 ]

"This time I won't make the same mistake, I plan to bring enough rackets to fit in my three TW 9-racket bags!"

samster
03-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Bag check coming soon, folks!

J011yroger
03-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Bag check coming soon, folks!

If you don't see me in the crowds, I am the guy in the German Shepherd Samster Mascot costume!

J

samster
03-02-2009, 06:50 PM
If you don't see me in the crowds, I am the guy in the German Shepherd Samster Mascot costume!

J

speaking of which...it's time to study J011yroger's second serve videos at Vimeo.com

J011yroger
03-02-2009, 06:51 PM
http://www.footballbabble.com/football/nfl/mascots/Browns%20Mascots.jpg

J

saram
03-02-2009, 06:56 PM
samster--are you the reason the Associated Press interviewed me tonight? Following practice tonight, they hounded me and posed questions to me regarding your questioning my new form. Let me check the wires and locate and quote the questioning that occurred tonight....

J011yroger
03-02-2009, 06:57 PM
speaking of which...it's time to study J011yroger's second serve videos at Vimeo.com

Very simple, put it up just a hair behind your head, and take a rip at it.

I find that more than any technical thing, that the 2nd serve is about belief, and clarity.

J

samster
03-02-2009, 06:57 PM
samster--are you the reason the Associated Press interviewed me tonight? Following practice tonight, they hounded me and posed questions to me regarding your questioning my new form. Let me check the wires and locate and quote the questioning that occurred tonight....

hey, at least they didn't catch you at Five Guys.

J011yroger
03-02-2009, 06:58 PM

Oh, and during your practice, the gangly guy in the repairman's outfit with the spy camera. . . That was me.

J

samster
03-02-2009, 07:00 PM
yes, JRog will send me the high speed video for me to analyze your veakness and exploit it. (while I enjoy my Jim Beam).

samster
03-02-2009, 07:04 PM
yes, JRog will send me the high speed video for me to analyze your veakness and exploit it. (while I enjoy my Jim Beam).

Now I just need to get my Xbox to read the secret DVD. But let me take out my Topspin 3 disc first.

saram
03-02-2009, 07:05 PM
hey, at least they didn't catch you at Five Guys.

Wait until you see where they caught me. Searching the wires now for the interview :)

samster
03-02-2009, 07:12 PM

I find that more than any technical thing, that the 2nd serve is about belief, and clarity.

J

thinking too much about the second serve is a bad thing...

J011yroger
03-02-2009, 07:29 PM
thinking too much about the second serve is a bad thing...

For me, it isn't a big deal if I spend a moment, and gather my thoughts, and clear my mind, just to make sure I can see the ball go up, and be able to only concentrate on that.

But thinking about "Oh man, if I miss this serve, I will lose the game, and be down 4-5 and he can serve for the set." Yea. . . That is bad.

J

saram
03-02-2009, 07:34 PM
AP/Reuters
10pm CST Tennessee

Following the bold remarks of Samster concerning his upcoming XO match with Saram, reporter Joe Blow found Saram at an undisclosed Sonic drive-in and interviews him as Saram stuffed his face with chili fries and three chili and cheese covered hotdogs followed by a Diet Coke and three shakes...

Joe Blow: Saram are you aware of the recent and blold statements Samster has directed your way?

Saram: Yeah, but the guy's diet sucks. I mean look where they found him: Five Guys? I mean, come on...

Joe Blow: But Saram, you're at Sonic stuffing your face with chili and cheese dogs, fries, shakes, etc.

Saram: Joe, did you not see the Diet Coke?

Joe Blow: Saram, that does not offset the 4,000 other calories you consumed tonight.

Saram: Next topic, Joe--or this interview is over.

Joe Blow: Okay. Fair enough. What have you been doing to train? Samster claims you are yielding a new weapon that is only a weapon in the hands of a decent tennis player. Have you taken yourself to that level? Can you yield the stick that took Roger Federer to double digits in Slam titles?

Saram: Hold your horses, Joe. He said what?!

Joe Blow: Yes, he says when you left TTW you were some little whimp chasing skirt and never returned. Then, he said you returned claiming to be using Roger's stick and you're like on the pro tour or something.

Saram: Hmmm...I was not aware of this--but I will address it.

Joe--look at me. I'm not a big guy. I'm like Rochus on roids or Gaudio on a diet. But, it took me about 400 visits to this Sonic to get the internal mass to yield this stick. I don't have the height nor strength to yield the same stick as Roger--very few do. But, taking that into concern, I decided to frequent this Sonic, come in for a drive, and stuff my face until I had the mass to yield the mass--if that makes sense.

Joe Blow: So you really haven't been on the courts at all perfecting your game and working on your strokes and fitness?

Saram: Heck no. I've been siting at this joint, stuffing my face, holding this racket as motivation, curly fry after curly fry, shake after shake and putting in the hard yards here at the drive-in for preparation.

Joe Blow: Are you aware he has been working with and will probably bring a racket somewhere in the area of 360 grams?

Saram: Dude, I eat 380 grams of fat for breakfast--I'm not concerned one bit.

Joe Blow: Are you aware of the fact that he is working with his Player Development Program right now with the likes of Jolly, Craig, and various others just like Verdasco while he drinks his Jim Beam?

Saram: Bro--like I said--I'm not concerned at all. He can take his top-shelf whiskey and enjoy it. I've got my three cases of Milwaukee's Best right here and I'm working on my own 'player development'. I mean--you don't get a gut like this without developing it--no?

Joe Blow: Speaking of "top-shelf"... You are aware that the players and coaches you mentioned (CC, Jolly, etc.) are top-shelf players? I mean CC is reported as being a strong 5.0. Jolly has like 400 rackets all weighing over 400 grams. They are speaking of and working with video analysis of Samster's game right now as we speak.

Saram: Yeah, I'm aware of the fact that if you put Samster and Jolly's stick collection together they weigh and cost more than my car--and I have video analysis as well.

Joe Blow: What type of video analysis do you do and work on?

Saram: Well, I've got my favorites: Stripes, Porky's, Airplane, National Lampoon's Vacation, and some others I can't really mention as I bought them late at night around the corner. Very motivational stuff.

Joe Blow: You know we photographed you tonight at your undisclosed and private facility. We noticed some radical equipment. You definitely don't look the part of the professional tennis player. Are you worried? Are you intimidated by Samster's camp of professionals surrounding him? Are you hungry for the victory?

Saram: Look, I have to get back to my shake and fries and then head home and train with Milwaukee's Best--but I'll tell you this. I'm not scared. That Jolly guy may kick my butt, and that CC guy may be as good as they say, and I may play with Forten Nylon in my new sticks, etc. I may have to use Shoe Goo to preserve my shoes for another four years or so. But the one thing I am--is hungry. I mean real hungry. Now, get lost Joe so I can finish my dog and chili fries...

And, Saram did. He actually ate another three dogs and two orders of chili/cheese fries as we edited this interview.

Below, is an image of Saram practicing at his undisclosed location:

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww181/saramphotos/RF4467784.jpg

saram
03-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Saram's theme song for the XO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZKrN2dXAEk&feature=related

moonbat
03-02-2009, 10:05 PM

J

That sounds like a magic formula to me. Thanks, J011y!

J011yroger
03-03-2009, 03:08 AM
You know all there is to know about tennis, so there's no sense us going down that same old road again.

To beat this guy, you need speed - you don't have it. And your knees can't take the pounding, so hard running is out. And you got arthritis in your neck, and you've got calcium deposits on most of your joints, so practice sets are out.

So, what we'll be calling on is good ol’ fashion blunt force trauma. Horsepower. Heavy-duty, cast-iron, piledriving shots that will have to hurt so much they'll rattle his ancestors. Every time you hit him with a serve, it's gotta feel like he tried returninging the express train.

Yeah!

Let's start building some hurtin' bombs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ2UVRLBkTs&feature=related

J

samster
03-03-2009, 04:34 AM
This is my will to survive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O4ZBazvA9U

Sentinel
03-03-2009, 07:44 AM

J

haha, So how you liking the raw eggs diet, samstah ?

samster
03-03-2009, 08:43 AM
haha, So how you liking the raw eggs diet, samstah ?

One must rise for the occasion; not so bad with Jack Daniels chasing it.

saram
03-03-2009, 09:00 AM
You know all there is to know about tennis, so there's no sense us going down that same old road again.

To beat this guy, you need speed - you don't have it. And your knees can't take the pounding, so hard running is out. And you got arthritis in your neck, and you've got calcium deposits on most of your joints, so practice sets are out.

So, what we'll be calling on is good olí fashion blunt force trauma. Horsepower. Heavy-duty, cast-iron, piledriving shots that will have to hurt so much they'll rattle his ancestors. Every time you hit him with a serve, it's gotta feel like he tried returninging the express train.

Yeah!

J

You've summed up my health quite nicely here, Jolly--thus the reason for bringing out the n90's....Like Obi Wan...they're my only hope :)

samster
03-03-2009, 09:45 AM
You've summed up my health quite nicely here, Jolly--thus the reason for bringing out the n90's....Like Obi Wan...they're my only hope :)

Just FYI, we will be playing on one of these three surfaces: hard court, grass, or clay. Hope this info helps for your preparation.

saram
03-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Just FYI, we will be playing on one of these three surfaces: hard court, grass, or clay. Hope this info helps for your preparation.

Helps significantly! Glad we have narrowed it down :)

saram
03-03-2009, 10:47 AM
AP/Reuters
3/3/09
1:54pm

Saram, citing mono, bad back, and bad knees withdrew from Davis Cup play earlier this morning.

When asked about how this will affect his XO with the infamous samster, he replied; "I'm not really worried about it. The doctors have told me to eat well and get lots of rest. So, I'm heading out to the Sonic drive in for some chili dogs and chili fries. I'll take them home and watch my box set of Rocky movies and all should be well come Spring".

samster
03-03-2009, 11:09 AM
ESPN.com

As reported earlier today at its website...Samster has been training with a frying pan to really emphasize the important of finding the sweetspot.

"The key to making the perfect omelette requires evenly heating the frying pan. This translates to tennis perfectly; you want to hit the ball square on or evenly if you will. It really is mind over matter."

When told that there's been report of mononucleosis hampering his opponent's ability to complete in the upcoming Davis Cup, Samster replied "Mono? Are you sure it's not SARS or the Avian Flu H5N1? I heard those things are floating around again. No?"

"I don't make excuses about not being able to compete or losing. It takes a real phat man to accept losing as part of being a true champion. Like I said, if I had one or two more extra rackets when I played my Exo with Skraggle last year, the outcome would have been entirely different. Not to mention I was wearing worn-out New Balance shoes. I digress, but you get the point."

"My recent contract and subsequent outfits and shoes with Nike and Asics have dramatically improved my on-court movement. I want to thank my sponsors for the nanotechnology they applied into my equipment. I want to thank Boris Becker and Jessica Simpson personally for demonstrating that it is okay to be out of shape once in a while. Society's fixation on thinness is just outrageous. A man or woman has a right to some insulation in these weather conditions."

BounceHitBounceHit
03-03-2009, 01:05 PM
AP/Reuters
3/3/09
1:54pm

Saram, citing mono, bad back, and bad knees withdrew from Davis Cup play earlier this morning.

When asked about how this will affect his XO with the infamous samster, he replied; "I'm not really worried about it. The doctors have told me to eat well and get lots of rest. So, I'm heading out to the Sonic drive in for some chili dogs and chili fries. I'll take them home and watch my box set of Rocky movies and all should be well come Spring".

ESPN.com (The TOTAL Sports Website) 3/3/09, 1604

ESPN.com tennis analyst Annette Stop****lori reports strange stirrings in the Middle Tennessee area, where the infamous 'Saram' of TTW fame has been spotted at a Red Cross Donation Center last frequented by vintage rock'n'roll veterans Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. A source inside the Red Cross, who declined to be identified, stated the 39 year old tennis prodigy had come to the organization seeking a total blood replacement/transfusion, apparently in the (vain?) hope of banishing the symptoms of mononucleosis prior to a highly publicized exhibition match with fellow TTW Legend, and frying pan conniseur, Samster. Said our source, "Saram was referred to our consulting psychiatrist, as he seemed rather dazed and confused. But upon learning our consultant, a Nashville practicioner, was also a tennis player, he quickly regressed, muttering somewhat paranoid intimations that the consultant was 'training the opposition' or might 'try to sabotage' his efforts." "We at the Red Cross wish Saram the very best in regaining his physical, and mental, health."

shell
03-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Them's fightin words, Saram! I think that Nashville crew just called you crazy :shock: Now pull yourself away from the Sonic and go hit a few balls. A few can't hurt.....

saram
03-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Them's fightin words, Saram! I think that Nashville crew just called you crazy :shock: Now pull yourself away from the Sonic and go hit a few balls. A few can't hurt.....

It would not be the first time someone has called me crazy :)

saram
03-03-2009, 05:15 PM
ESPN.com
3/3/09

Following a controversial visit to a Red Cross center in Middle Tennessee, Saram was spotted training under the lights at an undisclosed training facility. His new found form and overnight transformation to his physique raises several questions as to what occurred earlier today at the RC. Some speculate a connection with A-Rod, his cousin, over the counter products and possibly a Balko connection. Further speculation arose when former baseball greats Bonds and Maguire showed up at the training facility joining Saram in the weight room.

Saram declined all comments and directed reporters to his new agents at IMG whom also declined any comments and stated a press conference would be held later this week or over the weekend.

The image below raises great concern.

~journalist Joe Blow contributed to this article as well as various staff from the undisclosed training facility who asked to remain anonymous.

Saram:
http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww181/saramphotos/276812799_dd2daf8606_o.jpg

samster
03-03-2009, 08:13 PM

I plan to bring two AG 100s for this special event just in case my batspeed slows during the first set.

jayserinos99
03-03-2009, 08:39 PM
So, I'm heading out to the Sonic drive in for some chili dogs and chili fries.

That's what I'm talking about.

saram
03-04-2009, 03:12 AM
I plan to bring two AG 100s for this special event just in case my batspeed slows during the first set.

You've already doubled the amount of sticks I plan on bringing. I'm already in trouble :)

samster
03-04-2009, 03:16 AM
You've already doubled the amount of sticks I plan on bringing. I'm already in trouble :)

Desperate times call for desperate measures, Sir.

saram
03-04-2009, 03:21 AM

How many sticks are you planning on bringing? Are you going to be showing up with your "jolly bag"?

J011yroger
03-04-2009, 03:23 AM

My service speed has dramatically increased since I began the regimine of injecting a combination of Redbull, Elephant Semen, and Wild Turkey 101, into my shoulder.

J

saram
03-04-2009, 03:26 AM
My service speed has dramatically increased since I began the regimine of injecting a combination of Redbull, Elephant Semen, and Wild Turkey 101, into my shoulder.

J

Duly noted and logged into my training journal. Thanks for the tip. That Balko cream is expensive.

shell
03-04-2009, 03:52 AM

Ahhhh, the secret weapon :) In that case, no further training is required.

samster
03-04-2009, 05:37 AM
How many sticks are you planning on bringing? Are you going to be showing up with your "jolly bag"?

Don't worry, you just need to bring one racket. I will bring several WEED Z-One35 for you to use when your N6.1 Tour string breaks.

Check out the specs of the WEED:

Weed Z-ONE35 Tennis Racquet

The Weed Z-ONE35 offers one of the largest sweetspots available on the market today. The 28mm widebody cross-section creates a very solid feel at ball impact, almost anywhere on the racquet face. The super-oversized head, combined with the quickness of the ultra-light weight and the 27 inch length, make volleying a snap (and groundstrokes, and serves, and overheads, and half volleys...).

NOTE: Due to the headsize of this racquet (and length of string required), any string upgrades will incur a charge for an additional set of string.

Racquet Specifications
Headsize: 135 sq. in.
Length: 27.00 in.
Weight (strung): 9.75 oz.
Stiffness (Babolat RDC): 67
Balance: 14.27 in. Head Heavy
Cross Section: 28mm Beam
Swingweight: 314kg*sq. cm
String Pattern: 18x21
Grip: Weed Cushion

saram
03-04-2009, 05:40 AM
^^Your kindness did not go without notice, Sir :)

Sentinel
03-04-2009, 07:21 AM

J
I assure you, those elephantine nipples that develop a week later, do dramatically bring down your court coverage.

samster
03-04-2009, 07:47 AM
^^Your kindness did not go without notice, Sir :)

If you use Weed, you would be smoking!!! :)

saram
03-04-2009, 08:12 AM
If you use Weed, you would be smoking!!! :)

HAHA! They're testing on the tour now, no?

saram
03-04-2009, 08:15 AM
ESPN.com

Reportedly, Saram and his camp are willing to purchase any and all known information about the legendary 'samster' in regards to gaining and edge in their Spring XO.

Top dollar is said to be paid.

If you see this man, disclose any and all information for cash:

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww181/saramphotos/watching-the-detectives-lea.jpg

saram
03-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Samster--how long have you been hitting with those K90's?

samster
03-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Samster--how long have you been hitting with those K90's?

Off and on for about 1 year

samster
03-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Off and on for about 1 year

In fact, my first K90 I got was right before the Samster Vs. Skraggle Exo last year.

saram
03-04-2009, 10:20 PM
In fact, my first K90 I got was right before the Samster Vs. Skraggle Exo last year.

How long did it take to adjust? And what were your previous 59 rackets?

saram
03-04-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm over it...

Sentinel
03-05-2009, 03:07 AM
Saram,

The one hander community is backing you on this. DjokoFan4life can personally coach you if you wish.

Let's kick azz.

J011yroger
03-05-2009, 03:10 AM
Saram,

The one hander community is backing you on this. DjokoFan4life can personally coach you if you wish.

Let's kick azz.

The Samstah is also a one hander!

Dr. Clark is handling the actual technical and tactical training, while I focus on the in/out.

The Samster is gonna eat lightning, and crap thunder!

J

Sentinel
03-05-2009, 05:25 AM
Jesus! Two armed one-handers on the loose! This should be the match of the century.

Can we get some profiles.

- Height, weight,

- pro since

- left or right,

- all-court/baseliner/s&v.

- Flat hitter, moonballer, junkballer, spindoctor.

- slam and masters won

- highest ATP ranking, prize money ytd and total

- OCD's (most important of all)

samster
03-05-2009, 06:07 AM
SAMSTER

- Height, weight,

6' 1", 190 lbs (possibly more)

- pro since

- left or right,

Right handed

Doubles player background

Junkballer. There is no doubt about this.

- slam and masters won

US OPEN 1996, 1st Round, Lost to Andre Agassi 0-6, 0-6, 0-5 [0-40] (retired, stomach virus)
0 Masters, 20 Minors

Tennis Manager of the Year, 1993

Prize Money Ytd, $20 (found at local tennis courts) Been out with febrile illness, sorry.

Wrist band color must be the same as the polo shirt.

Overgrip wrap no more than 3 mm overlap.

Must bounce the ball 13 times before serve.

If service toss is off, will repeat and pretend to be sorry.

If opponent's shot is "close" to the line, it is "out" by definition.

Sentinel
03-05-2009, 06:41 AM
20 minors (LOL , if you meant what I am thinking)

skraggle
03-05-2009, 07:13 AM
ESPN.com

As reported earlier today at its website...Samster has been training with a frying pan to really emphasize the important of finding the sweetspot.

"The key to making the perfect omelette requires evenly heating the frying pan. This translates to tennis perfectly; you want to hit the ball square on or evenly if you will. It really is mind over matter."

When told that there's been report of mononucleosis hampering his opponent's ability to complete in the upcoming Davis Cup, Samster replied "Mono? Are you sure it's not SARS or the Avian Flu H5N1? I heard those things are floating around again. No?"

"I don't make excuses about not being able to compete or losing. It takes a real phat man to accept losing as part of being a true champion. Like I said, if I had one or two more extra rackets when I played my Exo with Skraggle last year, the outcome would have been entirely different. Not to mention I was wearing worn-out New Balance shoes. I digress, but you get the point."

"My recent contract and subsequent outfits and shoes with Nike and Asics have dramatically improved my on-court movement. I want to thank my sponsors for the nanotechnology they applied into my equipment. I want to thank Boris Becker and Jessica Simpson personally for demonstrating that it is okay to be out of shape once in a while. Society's fixation on thinness is just outrageous. A man or woman has a right to some insulation in these weather conditions."

There is little doubt that luck, divine intervention, and crippling jet lag were my only weapons against you during our match. You'll notice that I've put no effort into securing a rematch. I intend to pull a tennis Costanza and never return to face you again.

saram
03-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Sentinal, looking up my profile on ATP site so I can have all of my accomplishments put out there for you...give me a few :)

saram
03-05-2009, 07:41 AM

Dr. Clark is handling the actual technical and tactical training, while I focus on the in/out.

J

errr...I'm toast:shock:

Sentinel
03-05-2009, 07:46 AM
Sentinal, looking up my profile on ATP site so I can have all of my accomplishments put out there for you...give me a few :)
In the meantime, I am talking with L'Oreal and Garnier to sponsor the prize money, massages and other perks.

saram
03-05-2009, 08:03 AM
- Height, weight,
5'7" 145lbs

- pro since
Since this thread was started

- left or right,
Right

All court disaster waiting to happen

All of the above; depends on what my shanks produce

- slam and masters won
I won a door prize/raffle at a player's party once

I think there is some change in the bottom of my tennis bag

Having the right overgrip
Re-stringing sticks every weekend
TTW
Play-doh with daughter has to be just right
Singing in the shower

saram
03-05-2009, 08:04 AM
In the meantime, I am talking with L'Oreal and Garnier to sponsor the prize money, massages and other perks.

A bottle of shampoo goes a long ways for me at my age...:)

samster
03-05-2009, 08:34 AM

J

I am secretly working on my two handed forehand slice, a la Fabrice Santoro.

beernutz
03-05-2009, 08:43 AM
I'm curious, what does this thread have to do with Adult Leagues or Tournaments?

samster
03-05-2009, 08:51 AM
Here is a perfect example:

Sunday, I played wonderfully with my n90's. Nailed everything. Yet tonight, I played with older people in doubles hitting softer shots. It took me a pro-set to adjust to the lack of pace.
Initially, I was in the dumps. Nothing was working, I was spraying everything long, and I thought about reverting to my old Prince O3 Tour MS sticks...but I thought about this thread and hung in there.

I thought about all the times in my life I have been in that spot before...thoughts of; should I bring out the O3's tomorrow? Should I play the FXP Prestige's tomorrow? Should I bring out the ancient APD's....?

Then, this thread came to mind.

Hell, saram--you hit amazing shots two days ago with this stick. It is NOT the stick--it is you. Adjust your game. Offset the lack of pace and play your damn game.

It worked. Did not change a stick, played the n90's, and adjusted ME--not the stick.

Without this thread popping up today--I would have been thinking about the racket--instead of adjusting my game.

Kuddos to the thread and "sameness"....thanks, guys.

Thanks for the heads up.

samster
03-05-2009, 08:55 AM
How long did it take to adjust? And what were your previous 59 rackets?

The K90 is pretty much the heaviest racket (in terms of static and swing weight) I have ever used. It took me couple months to get used to the weight and not tire out after the 1st set.

Before that, I was using the Becker 11 Standard and PK Redondo MP and Prince Precision Response Titanium MP.

samster
03-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Speaking of which, I got to buy some stuff for this upcoming exhibition.

http://i40.tinypic.com/1zohtfo.jpg

Skanavis
03-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Speaking about Sonic and Milwaukee beer, the first sonic just opened up in the Milwaukee area, (2nd one in Wisconsin). YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and funny thread, samster, saram, and jolly are hilarious.

Sentinel
03-05-2009, 07:21 PM

J

errr...I'm toast:shock:

Don't worry, we'll have the legendary Dr Rickson work on you with his HIIT program, you'll have muscles popping out of *everywhere* in 3 days. Or your tires back.

Garnier and L'Oreal are only interested if metrosexuals are playing. "No real men, please", their spokeslady said. However, Kleenex has agreed to sponsor. The prize money will be a life time supply of toilet roll. However, they want the XO to be called the Kleenex Masters. I said that's fine with us.

OTMPut
03-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Saram no worries, you are in great shape. Come on let's kick *****.

http://www.boxnews.com.ua/photos/660/MikeTysonMcBrideWeigh.jpg

skraggle
03-05-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm curious, what does this thread have to do with Adult Leagues or Tournaments?

I beg of you, never repeat this query.

Sentinel
03-06-2009, 02:51 AM
Cos we is adults, and young Samster will be totally out of his league when facing the Mighty Saram !

saram
03-06-2009, 05:10 AM
Saram no worries, you are in great shape. Come on let's kick *****.

http://www.boxnews.com.ua/photos/660/MikeTysonMcBrideWeigh.jpg

This is how I fear we will stack up at the weigh-in:shock:

saram
03-06-2009, 05:12 AM
I am secretly working on my two handed forehand slice, a la Fabrice Santoro.

I have that shot already--unfortunately, it's called my 'forehand shank'....

saram
03-06-2009, 05:12 AM
Cos we is adults, and young Samster will be totally out of his league when facing the Mighty Saram !

I highly appreciate (and need) the support! Thanks for getting Rickson into my camp!

saram
03-06-2009, 06:08 AM
AP/Reuters
3/6/09

Promotional/media images and seating chart finally released for the Rise of a Titan Exhibition coming soon. Tickets go on sale at 12pm 3/6/09. Book and reserve seats early as they are anticipated to sell out within 24 hours.

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww181/saramphotos/1.jpg

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww181/saramphotos/2.jpg

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww181/saramphotos/3.gif

Sentinel
03-06-2009, 06:42 AM
Good news: I've managed to get the Mutua Madrilena ballkids (okay ball girls) to come for the XO.

But the bad news (for saram) is that they will all be wearing T-shirts that say "Marry me, Samster".

So i am on the global lookout for female Saram fans who have the motor skills to catch a ball.

saram
03-06-2009, 06:48 AM
Good news: I've managed to get the Mutua Madrilena ballkids (okay ball girls) to come for the XO.

But the bad news (for saram) is that they will all be wearing T-shirts that say "Marry me, Samster".

So i am on the global lookout for female Saram fans who have the motor skills to catch a ball.

Seems as though this Samster has a following that resembles Marat Safin....:confused:

samster
03-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Wear one to support two legends!

http://i39.tinypic.com/ea1ow5.jpg

saram
03-06-2009, 09:32 AM
^^Uber cool!

samster
03-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Saram's Edition

http://i41.tinypic.com/4qfubl.jpg

samster
03-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Samster's Edition

http://i40.tinypic.com/muzqkh.jpg

saram
03-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Oh man, you are good. I mean you are good :)

J011yroger
03-06-2009, 01:33 PM
The t-shirts are just tremendous!

Well done Sam!

J

samster
03-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Saram:

How does March 28th (Sat) look for you? That might give me a fighting chance of losing 20 lbs before the Exo.

saram
03-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Saram:

How does March 28th (Sat) look for you? That might give me a fighting chance of losing 20 lbs before the Exo.

It would have to be an afternoon five setter--I usually have my daughter until 2 or 3 on those days. The 29th--I'm free for a ten-setter :)

saram
03-06-2009, 07:17 PM
And I doubt you have to lose 20 pounds :)

samster
03-07-2009, 04:55 AM
It would have to be an afternoon five setter--I usually have my daughter until 2 or 3 on those days. The 29th--I'm free for a ten-setter :)

We can play it by ear and plan on the 28th or the 29th. Now, off to secret training.

saram
03-07-2009, 08:15 AM
Sounds good to me--and enjoy the secret training...:)

BounceHitBounceHit
03-07-2009, 10:50 AM
We can play it by ear and plan on the 28th or the 29th. Now, off to secret training.

Don't you think you should consult your Entourage before scheduling the match Sam-Stah? ;) CC

saram
03-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Don't you think you should consult your Entourage before scheduling the match Sam-Stah? ;) CC

You guys are running a really loose camp there--something like that never happens with my crew at IMG.

samster
03-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Practice:

http://i40.tinypic.com/24oa8va.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/igbxg0.jpg

J011yroger
03-07-2009, 02:34 PM
^^^ Great pics!

Remember our motto.

"Training is the Opposite of Hoping."

J

BounceHitBounceHit
03-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Practice:

http://i40.tinypic.com/24oa8va.jpg

Allow me to add an "Audio Caption" if I may? :)

".............Ka-Boooooommmmmm!!!!"

CC

tennisntn3477
03-07-2009, 05:03 PM
All hail the mighty "Sam-stah" and his wicked crosscourt forehand, as well!!

saram
03-07-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm needin' some love here, guys. Needin' some love....

Great shots, Samster--looks like you had a heck of a workout.

samster
03-07-2009, 06:09 PM
All hail the mighty "Sam-stah" and his wicked crosscourt forehand, as well!!

Thanks tennisntn3477. I better watch out after you get your serves grooved with the KPS 88!

samster
03-07-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm needin' some love here, guys. Needin' some love....

Great shots, Samster--looks like you had a heck of a workout.

We played inside when it was 75 degrees out. I sweat like a pig just standing around.

saram
03-07-2009, 08:10 PM
AP/Reuters
Madrid, Spain

Boss ballgirls are contracted for the Rise of a Titan XO:

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww181/saramphotos/BallgirlsBARC_800x533.jpg

samster
03-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Excellent...now I have even more motivation to get into better shape. :)

saram
03-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Excellent...now I have even more motivation to get into better shape. :)

You look like you're already in pretty good shape, Sir. You looked pretty lean and mean to me in the pics you posted. Was that at Vandy today?

samster
03-07-2009, 08:49 PM
You look like you're already in pretty good shape, Sir. You looked pretty lean and mean to me in the pics you posted. Was that at Vandy today?

I believe the argon blue shirt has distracted you from my beer belly. We were inside Vandy tennis center today.

saram
03-07-2009, 08:52 PM
I believe the argon blue shirt has distracted you from my beer belly. We were inside Vandy tennis center today.

I see, you are training with the big boys. I need to talk to my agent about this. And, what kind of beer belly is it? Micro brew belly?

samster
03-08-2009, 05:41 AM
I was scouted by one of the Vanderbilt head coaches (actual quote):

"Sam (samster), I expect better form than that from you!"

saram
03-08-2009, 06:06 AM
I was scouted by one of the Vanderbilt head coaches (actual quote):

"Sam (samster), I expect better form than that from you!"

Former pro on tour and collegiate coach:

"Saram, this is not Easter--it is August. Stop hopping around on your volleys at the net like the Easter Bunny!"

Seems we have similar scouting reports...:)

J011yroger
03-08-2009, 09:47 AM
^^^ Best ever scouting report on me was when I overheard two jamaican former sat players and current teaching pros talking about my game.

Coach 1: "Him farand backswing too big and make too many errors."

Coach 2: "Got big serve though."

Coach 1: "Ya, big f'ing serve, but don't come in behind it, him just stan dere like a moron."

J

saram
03-08-2009, 12:26 PM
^^That last sentence is just PRICELESS!

J011yroger
03-08-2009, 04:21 PM
^^That last sentence is just PRICELESS!

It's funny. . . Because it's true.

The super heavy accents just made it even more funny, I chuckle to this day everytime I think about it.

J

saram
03-08-2009, 05:41 PM
It's funny. . . Because it's true.

The super heavy accents just made it even more funny, I chuckle to this day everytime I think about it.

J

Is why you have been working on and posting vids of your volleys so much? Working on coming in behind it? Your size and heavy sticks can only make for a great S&V game if you have a thumpin' serve--especially with your height. "Goran" comes to mind here :)

J011yroger
03-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Is why you have been working on and posting vids of your volleys so much? Working on coming in behind it? Your size and heavy sticks can only make for a great S&V game if you have a thumpin' serve--especially with your height. "Goran" comes to mind here :)

Well, I really hate not being able to do something well. I don't like having weaknesses in my game, so anything I suck at, I work doubly hard on. I just couldn't understand why I could return 120mph serves, easier than I could volley routine shots.

Also for my size, and playing style, I felt that I was doing myself a disservice by not shortening some points. I like being offensive, (I know, you would never have guessed) and it is fun attacking, and hurting the other guy.

The S&V game is a work in progress, I do half speed S&V points with my coaches to help me get the tempo down, and then against weaker opponents than me, I serve slowly, so that they can return it, and S&V every serve. Or sometimes if a match goes quickly and there is still time left, I will play a 3rd set, or some tiebreakers and S&V 1st and 2nd serve. Some days I am frighteningly good at it, and others it is a complete train wreck.

Right now it isn't a go-to strategy for me, unless the other guy starts to just block my serve back, or I am playing dubs (Been playing a lot of dubs, and have become surprisingly proficient at it), but it has merit, and I can see it becoming a tool in maybe another year.

Right now, I am more about attacking after the point has begun, and I generally try to take out a lung with my approach, to make my volley that much easier.

As for the size of my serve, not sure if you watched this one http://vimeo.com/3514338 but the point play at the end is about as big as I care to serve in the winter. Once warm weather comes, I can put a charge into the ball if I get the notion.

J

saram
03-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Jolly,

Has the guy returning serve ever broken any of those windows up on the walkway? You were bringing some serious heat there at the end of the vid.

What have you been clocked at on the serve up middle? I notice some serious bending to the ball once it lands and kicks away from the returner--impressive, Jolly-mon!

J011yroger
03-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Jolly,

Has the guy returning serve ever broken any of those windows up on the walkway? You were bringing some serious heat there at the end of the vid.

What have you been clocked at on the serve up middle? I notice some serious bending to the ball once it lands and kicks away from the returner--impressive, Jolly-mon!

The guy is actually a teaching pro at that facility. He is a great athelete and quite good player. But he does send some balls flying if he doesn't get to them on time, even so the guy is quick as hell, and gets to balls that would be winners off most folks.

I still have the A1 flat ball on the shelf, until warmer weather, those were basically just hard spin serves. Straight topspin, or with a little kick or slice.

Last time I was on the gun was march or april of last year. I think I topped out at 122mph that session. I had a couple of days in the mid summer that I really brought it, some days I just have the big steam, and other days, I don't so much. I would say I was flirting with 125mph in mid summer. My back was in bad shape for much of the outdoor season, which is why I didn't play tourneys, I just didn't trust myself to be able to serve two days in a row.

When my back gets bad, it really only bothers my serving, I can still hit groundies. This fall one of my coaches was working with me on altering my trophy position to take strain off my back and legs, to eliminate some of the back arch, and use my legs to get my back in the right location, and center my weight over my feet, so that the motion becomes more repeatable.

J

saram
03-08-2009, 07:48 PM
The guy is actually a teaching pro at that facility. He is a great athelete and quite good player. But he does send some balls flying if he doesn't get to them on time, even so the guy is quick as hell, and gets to balls that would be winners off most folks.

I still have the A1 flat ball on the shelf, until warmer weather, those were basically just hard spin serves. Straight topspin, or with a little kick or slice.

Last time I was on the gun was march or april of last year. I think I topped out at 122mph that session. I had a couple of days in the mid summer that I really brought it, some days I just have the big steam, and other days, I don't so much. I would say I was flirting with 125mph in mid summer. My back was in bad shape for much of the outdoor season, which is why I didn't play tourneys, I just didn't trust myself to be able to serve two days in a row.

When my back gets bad, it really only bothers my serving, I can still hit groundies. This fall one of my coaches was working with me on altering my trophy position to take strain off my back and legs, to eliminate some of the back arch, and use my legs to get my back in the right location, and center my weight over my feet, so that the motion becomes more repeatable.

J

I noticed that 'trophy pose'....impressive. I also noticed that batspeed and 400+gr thumping a forehand on occasion :twisted:

samster
03-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Don't worry, Saram, my top serve speed is in double digits category.

saram
03-08-2009, 07:53 PM
All Points Bulletin (APB)

ESPN.com/AP/Reuters

After three hours of doubles followed by two hours of hitting one-handed backhands, saram's right arm has apparently fallen off and is located somewhere amidst the storms and winds of Western Tennessee. Anyone locating and returning saram's arm will be rewarded monetarily for the return of the arm.

saram
03-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Don't worry, Saram, my top serve speed is in double digits category.

Mine, too. Only KPH--not MPH....:shock:

samster
03-08-2009, 07:57 PM
I am really looking forward to this showdown. If anything, it gets me off my butt watching TV and do some caloric burning activity instead. It is so easy to come home, grab dinner, and watch TV and then call it a day.

saram
03-08-2009, 07:59 PM
I am really looking forward to this showdown. If anything, it gets me off my butt watching TV and do some caloric burning activity instead. It is so easy to come home, grab dinner, and watch TV and then call it a day.

Me too! And I have a question--do you own a video cam? If so, I am wondering your thoughts about posting something of the match for fellow TW'ers here to view/witness?

saram
03-08-2009, 07:59 PM
You'll have to edit out match point, though when you drop to your knees in victory and point to the skies...okay?

samster
03-08-2009, 08:02 PM
changing the string tension in particular is very important depending upon the kind of conditions you expect to face. Variables such as weather, court surface, and the type of balls all might influence the choice of tension. When I play matches I usually bring 4-6 frames strung with the same string, but at different tensions.

Best,

CC

I think I need a few more rackets...

saram
03-08-2009, 08:04 PM

Don't you have like 60 frames?

samster
03-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Me too! And I have a question--do you own a video cam? If so, I am wondering your thoughts about posting something of the match for fellow TW'ers here to view/witness?

You'll have to edit out match point, though when you drop to your knees in victory and point to the skies...okay?

I wouldn't mind recording your match point and victory and spare the rest of the TTW members the agony of watching my "brand" of tennis.

samster
03-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Don't you have like 60 frames?

remember, they are not all the "same" though. i need 6 of the "same" frame strung at different tensions to adjust to court conditions, opponent, etc! :)

J011yroger
03-08-2009, 08:09 PM

Jolly's one stop racquet emporium and tennis academy!

J

samster
03-08-2009, 08:10 PM
"sameness" is key to my success. and may be yours, too!

saram
I wouldn't mind recording your match point and victory and spare the rest of the TTW members the agony of watching my "brand" of tennis.

haha--you hang out at a facility nationally known! I hang out at a facility that if I put up the acronym, no one would know what I meant. As well, your camp is better than my camp (3.5's and 4.0's). I highly doubt your brand of tennis is less than mine. I foresee and epic battle and tussle.

samster

This may be my next commercial.

J011yroger
I noticed that 'trophy pose'....impressive. I also noticed that batspeed and 400+gr thumping a forehand on occasion :twisted:

Now I just need to employ this stuff in a manner that wins matches :)

J

saram
03-08-2009, 08:11 PM
remember, they are not all the "same" though. i need 6 of the "same" frame strung at different tensions to adjust to court conditions, opponent, etc! :)

I could bring all 9 of my rackets and only find three of the same--or 'sameness'....:(

saram
03-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Now I just need to employ this stuff in a manner that wins matches :)

J

Don't take this as offensive, but the strokes look slightly un-orthodoxed.... And then BAM! You really thump a forehand, but I'm sure you know that already.

Regardless of the 'trophy strokes'...your batspeed is impressive and the time from contact to the reply of your opponent/coach is quick as heck. You really thump a ball. You would leave me with a false sense of hope during warm-up.

Take that as a true compliment.

saram
03-08-2009, 08:14 PM
This may be my next commercial.

I'm thinking of another sponsors plug here :)

samster
03-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Zero Tolerance by Wilson?

J011yroger
03-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Don't take this as offensive, but the strokes look slightly un-orthodoxed.... And then BAM! You really thump a forehand, but I'm sure you know that already.

Regardless of the 'trophy strokes'...your batspeed is impressive and the time from contact to the reply of your opponent/coach is quick as heck. You really thump a ball. You would leave me with a false sense of hope during warm-up.

Take that as a true compliment.

I just keep working at it, getting better every week. . .

I figure if I surround myself with good people, and fill myself with positive thoughts, look at things objectively, and bust my tail, good things will come of it.

I appreciate the kind words, and hopefully we will get to hit one of these days.

J

saram
03-08-2009, 08:22 PM
ESPN.com
3/8/2009

Wilson is happy to announce the sponsorship of the samster/saram "Rise of a Tennessee Titan" Spring XO at the end of this month.

Both players, through numerous years of searching for their 'holy grail' of tennis rackets, have chosen Wilson n/k90's as their weapons of choice. One of the greatest epic battles in tennis history was played between Pete Sampras and Roger Federer at Wimbledon in 2001. In recognition of both players finding their weapons of choice--Wilson has offered the winner one can of tennis balls, one overgrip, one chili dog from Sonic, and one date with any of the Boss girls the winner deems worthy of hanging out with a champion at Hooters on Broadway Ave in downtown Nashville following the XO.

The loser, however--will have to hang out with the happy couple and their can of balls and attempt to land a date at the mentioned establishment (although competition is reputedly constant with all of the other single losers in the joint).

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww181/saramphotos/WilsonScript_hires_RGB1.jpg

saram
03-08-2009, 08:23 PM
I just keep working at it, getting better every week. . .

I figure if I surround myself with good people, and fill myself with positive thoughts, look at things objectively, and bust my tail, good things will come of it.

I appreciate the kind words, and hopefully we will get to hit one of these days.

J

You just let me know when you come to visit Nashvegas and I'll be there. We need a "Jolly thread" to monitor your progress this season...I'm just sayin'

J011yroger
03-08-2009, 08:39 PM
You just let me know when you come to visit Nashvegas and I'll be there. We need a "Jolly thread" to monitor your progress this season...I'm just sayin'

Nah, I will just spit out updates for any who care.

J

saram
03-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Nah, I will just spit out updates for any who care.

J

Well, consider me one that cares and use this thread any time you like :)

J011yroger
03-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Well, consider me one that cares and use this thread any time you like :)

Thanks man, I am off to bed, and I am sure you have raw eggs to drink, and crunches to do!

J

saram
03-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks man, I am off to bed, and I am sure you have raw eggs to drink, and crunches to do!

J

My stomach would explode with eggs and crunches in the same evening. Eggs are in the moring!

saram
03-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Zero Tolerance by Wilson?

Have you been on the courts today in this luscious weather?

samster
03-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Have you been on the courts today in this luscious weather?

No sir, got homework this evening and I am still working on it. :(

saram
03-09-2009, 08:26 PM
No sir, got homework this evening and I am still working on it. :(

If I could help you I would. But I think my helping would only be hindering you :shock:

saram
03-10-2009, 04:51 PM
May be I am learning from J011y after all this time. I don't really like trying new rackets now that I have grooved with my US K90s. I have them the same weight and balance, same string, same overgrip! I just want to practice with them and continue to improve with them.

Something I didn't need to hear tonight....:)

samster
03-10-2009, 04:53 PM
I heard you have been messing with some Prince racket...jeopardizing your Wilson sponsorship!!!

saram
03-10-2009, 04:54 PM
I heard you have been messing with some Prince racket...jeopardizing your Wilson sponsorship!!!

Only did it last night as I needed strings in the n90's. But, they are strung up, gripped up, balanced, and in total "sameness"....:)

Have you ever compared the k90 and n90? Just wondering how similar they are.

samster
03-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Only did it last night as I needed strings in the n90's. But, they are strung up, gripped up, balanced, and in total "sameness"....:)

saram, I have never used the n90 thus unable to comment.

if you don't have any issues using the n90, I doubt the k90 will take you long to adjust to.

saram
03-10-2009, 05:03 PM
saram, I have never used the n90 thus unable to comment.

if you don't have any issues using the n90, I doubt the k90 will take you long to adjust to.

At the end of the year-I am thinking n90's will be hard to find and I'll need to look for k90's--although I cannot stand the PJ of the k90. May have to paint them all black or something....

saram
03-10-2009, 05:04 PM
^^Or maybe even UT orange!

J011yroger
03-10-2009, 05:21 PM

They are very similar.

Let me know if you want one, especially 5/8 :)

J

samster
03-10-2009, 05:21 PM

http://i40.tinypic.com/ulphh.jpg

I need to work on my serve!!!

saram
03-10-2009, 05:30 PM
They are very similar.

Let me know if you want one, especially 5/8 :)

J

HUGE grip! I'm using a 1/2 with two overgrips right now. But once we recover from this recession and I am in the market for stockpiling sticks at the end of the year--I'll keep that in mind.

saram
03-10-2009, 05:30 PM

http://i40.tinypic.com/ulphh.jpg

I need to work on my serve!!!

The guy in the bottom pic needs to work on his form--guy in the top pic playing for Vandy is just that much better :twisted:

saram
03-10-2009, 05:31 PM
^^Notice how the guy in the bottom pic has not even let go of the ball yet? Odd! :)

samster
03-10-2009, 05:32 PM
^^Or maybe even UT orange!

eew! that's nasty.

samster
03-10-2009, 05:32 PM
^^Notice how the guy in the bottom pic has not even let go of the ball yet? Odd! :)

he was just making a pose for picture taking.

VivalaVida
03-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Samster and Saram. This thread is pure comedy. ROFL. keep it up.

saram
03-10-2009, 05:45 PM
he was just making a pose for picture taking.

i always knew that guy was a poser....

saram
03-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Samster and Saram. This thread is pure comedy. ROFL. keep it up.

hey--samster started it, and it is not my fault! :twisted:

J011yroger
03-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Let me in on the fun!!!

http://i39.tinypic.com/6dr3ph.jpg

J

samster
03-10-2009, 06:11 PM
^^Jolly!!!

saram
03-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Let me in on the fun!!!

J

Poser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J011yroger
03-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Poser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been called worse.

;)

J

saram
03-10-2009, 06:40 PM
I've been called worse.

;)

J

and by better, I'm assuming...:)

J011yroger
03-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Poser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny, that day I was going to wear my black Manhattan polo to show off the guns, then I put it on and looked in the mirror, and realized that my water pistols just weren't gonna cut it. So I changed into that one, and ended up looking like I was wearing my dad's shirt.

J

saram
03-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Funny, that day I was going to wear my black Manhattan polo to show off the guns, then I put it on and looked in the mirror, and realized that my water pistols just weren't gonna cut it. So I changed into that one, and ended up looking like I was wearing my dad's shirt.

J

Blimey...your humor is just so well needed around these parts of the woods lately!

J011yroger
03-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Blimey...your humor is just so well needed around these parts of the woods lately!

Figure I might aswell laugh at myself, if I don't do it, someone else will.

J

saram
03-11-2009, 12:26 PM
samster,

Time for me to carbo-load...big training this evening:twisted:

saram
03-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Figure I might aswell laugh at myself, if I don't do it, someone else will.

J

I generally get laughed at about 200 times per day. Nothing unusual here!

J011yroger
03-11-2009, 02:45 PM
samster,

Time for me to carbo-load...big training this evening:twisted:

I am never eating McDonalds again.

Belly bombers got me. Feel like I ate a bowling ball.

J

saram
03-11-2009, 06:35 PM

J

Jolly-mon,

I listened to a song and thought of you on the way home from tennis tonight. Let me see if I can find it for ya.

saram
03-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Here it is...dedicated to Jolly-Mon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTccNjMIRjg&playnext_from=PL&feature=PlayList&p=6249B0F92E7AA9EA&playnext=1&index=34

samster
03-11-2009, 07:03 PM

J

I had McDonalds this morning. Two Egg McMuffins at $1 a piece!

saram
03-11-2009, 07:10 PM
I had McDonalds this morning. Two Egg McMuffins at $1 a piece!

What a deal! I made something similar--but at 5:30 am prior to waking my daughter.

Train today, Samster?

saram
03-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Oh yeah...and I should be a kind and concerned opponent here...

How is school going? And what is your major if I may ask?

samster
03-11-2009, 07:17 PM
What a deal! I made something similar--but at 5:30 am prior to waking my daughter.

Train today, Samster?

I am afraid there will be no training for the remainder of the week, unfortunately.

However, I have already planned out my strategy against the great, mighty Saram.

samster
03-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Quick News from ESPN:

Regarding his not training for the next week against his opponent Saram in the upcoming exo, Samster replied:

"I've got the motivation, I don't know how much better he can play or how much better I can play, but I'm right there and he's playing the tennis of his life. I think for me that's a good sign. He's the greatest challenge i've ever had."

saram
03-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Quick News from ESPN:

Regarding his not training for the next week against his opponent Saram in the upcoming exo, Samster replied:

"I've got the motivation, I don't know how much better he can play or how much better I can play, but I'm right there and he's playing the tennis of his life. I think for me that's a good sign. He's the greatest challenge i've ever had."

I love it--spoken as if the mighty Fed had uttered the very words :)

saram
03-11-2009, 07:23 PM
There will breaking news from the saram camp soon...unfortunately.

J011yroger
03-11-2009, 07:30 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTccNjMIRjg&playnext_from=PL&feature=PlayList&p=6249B0F92E7AA9EA&playnext=1&index=34

LOL, Love it!

I have seen him in concert twice.

J

saram
03-11-2009, 07:31 PM
LOL, Love it!

I have seen him in concert twice.

J

Are you a parrot head as well? I grew up on JB and his music.

J011yroger
03-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Are you a parrot head as well? I grew up on JB and his music.

My mother is, she is the ring leader for all JB related events.

I mean, we live on an island, with numerous port towns, where all there is to do is get drunk and cause trouble.

So JB kind of fits right in.

J

J011yroger
03-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Oh, and I have been to Margaritaville in Key West a time or ten.

J

saram
03-11-2009, 07:44 PM
ESPN.com

As you will see in the following image, Saram was on the courts tonight in new attire:

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww181/saramphotos/AMontanes.jpg

When asked about his new attire and racket in his hand, Saram had this to say:

"I hit the courts earlier and broke some of my Wilson sticks tonight. I brought in Sampras tonight to drop some bombs on me in practice for returning serve. I shanked one on the upper hoop of my n90 and heard a peculiar nose. I thought I snapped a string--but no strings were broken. The stick didn't feel right and I continued with no success. Further examination of the stick revealed a crack at 1 o'clock in the upper hoop. Through wear and tear, I was down to one n90.

I asked Wilson for replacements and they declined to oblige due to the economy.

Prince was kind enough to step up and offer me a full sponsorship. I looked to the side of the court and there was a bag, attire, and a plethora of sticks for me. They played great--as if I has spent a year with them already. I'll miss Wilson and the n90's. But, I'm now signed with Prince and will display their logo proudly..."

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww181/saramphotos/PT07BC6-big.jpg

saram
03-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Oh, and I have been to Margaritaville in Key West a time or ten.

J

nice.....:)

BounceHitBounceHit
03-13-2009, 05:50 AM
ESPN.com

As you will see in the following image, Saram was on the courts tonight in new attire:

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww181/saramphotos/AMontanes.jpg

When asked about his new attire and racket in his hand, Saram had this to say:

"I hit the courts earlier and broke some of my Wilson sticks tonight. I brought in Sampras tonight to drop some bombs on me in practice for returning serve. I shanked one on the upper hoop of my n90 and heard a peculiar nose. I thought I snapped a string--but no strings were broken. The stick didn't feel right and I continued with no success. Further examination of the stick revealed a crack at 1 o'clock in the upper hoop. Through wear and tear, I was down to one n90.

I asked Wilson for replacements and they declined to oblige due to the economy.

Prince was kind enough to step up and offer me a full sponsorship. I looked to the side of the court and there was a bag, attire, and a plethora of sticks for me. They played great--as if I has spent a year with them already. I'll miss Wilson and the n90's. But, I'm now signed with Prince and will display their logo proudly..."

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww181/saramphotos/PT07BC6-big.jpg

The people at Prince obviously know talent when they see it. :) CC

BounceHitBounceHit
03-13-2009, 05:54 AM

"I don't know!!.....I don't KNOW!!!!.....I don't know where I'm a gonna go when the.........." (Fill in the blank fellow tennis lovers!) ;) CC

Sentinel
03-13-2009, 07:05 AM
Unknown to all, Saram shall actually play with Sentinel's bat (shown below). It is certain that the Mighty Samson, er Samster will get blown off the court when he sees Saram pull this one out.

It is rumored that Saram may add lead tape to this baby.
http://i44.tinypic.com/14kl954.jpg

samster
03-13-2009, 08:52 AM
It appears to have a quite high SW. It will not work in the "real world."

skraggle
03-13-2009, 09:08 AM
Let me in on the fun!!!

J

Man, no wonder you thump those little yellow biznatches! This makes me realize that I need to add more bend/coil to my serve...

saram
03-13-2009, 05:26 PM
It appears to have a quite high SW. It will not work in the "real world."

I just received Sentinel's stick. What a beast! Stringing it is going to be a true challenge....:twisted:

saram
03-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Man, no wonder you thump those little yellow biznatches! This makes me realize that I need to add more bend/coil to my serve...

Add me to the group in desperate need of bend/coil...

saram
03-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Saram's training vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoDKQYn-ANE

J011yroger
03-13-2009, 06:38 PM
I can one better that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz0qwiy92cs

J

samster
03-13-2009, 07:02 PM
I can one better that.

J

excellent, "i am gonna bust you up!"

J011yroger
03-13-2009, 07:06 PM

"Go for it."

J

saram
03-13-2009, 07:24 PM
I can one better that.

J

Snap. I need to get a cold one out of the fridge before I watch this one--I can tell it will be epic. :twisted:

saram
03-13-2009, 07:34 PM

yoo know...yoo gotta big mout....:)

saram
03-13-2009, 07:35 PM
There is no tomorrow....!

saram
03-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Do you smell....what the Rock is cookin'?

I do...and it smells like ssssamsssster.....:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PoGqGusvQo

From now on...just call me 'the Rock'....:twisted:

saram
03-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Saram says:
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii261/funkbutter/graphics/Weekend/0_weekend_the_rock.gif

ESP#1
03-13-2009, 08:08 PM
I can one better that.

J

Classic bro:)

saram
03-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Classic bro:)

Don't you dare fall for the dark side, bro.

I'll have to issue the 'people's eblow'.....:twisted:

ESP#1
03-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Are you guys really going to play? So much build up i might have to get it on ppv:)

J011yroger
03-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Don't you dare fall for the dark side, bro.

Too bad I don't have the voice for Darth Jolly :(

J

saram
03-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Are you guys really going to play? So much build up i might have to get it on ppv:)

Yes, we are. Going to contact Comcast and your satellite companies now....great idea!

saram
03-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Too bad I don't have the voice for Darth Jolly :(

J

here you go, Jolly-mon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eZBevXohCI

saram
03-13-2009, 08:45 PM
^^with a little Southern twist on it.

ESP#1
03-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Yes, we are. Going to contact Comcast and your satellite companies now....great idea!

I'm just trying to see the ring girls between change overs:)

saram
03-13-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm just trying to see the ring girls between change overs:)

They are here right now with my daughter and I practicing. Pretty good. We'll practice more now that the little one is asleep upstairs :)

ESP#1
03-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Wait!!!!!!!............................. I'm on my way

saram
03-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Wait!!!!!!!............................. I'm on my way

Hurry--the blonde ones went to Sonic for some chili fries and dogs...but the hot Spaniards are still here for ya!

skraggle
03-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Saram says:
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii261/funkbutter/graphics/Weekend/0_weekend_the_rock.gif

This is more disturbing than the :twisted: thing. Perhaps Samster should be the one looking over his shoulder....:)

saram
03-13-2009, 09:27 PM
This is more disturbing than the :twisted: thing. Perhaps Samster should be the one looking over his shoulder....:)

Hey--any time Jolly comes in here and spreads testosterone--I'm up for the challenge.

saram
03-13-2009, 09:29 PM

I am thinking that during this recession, we need a "skraggle fund" to help get you out here for a hit or two.

heycal
03-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me.

What are the stats on these two players? Age, estimated NTRP, hometown, height, weight, etc.

saram
03-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me.

What are the stats on these two players? Age, estimated NTRP, hometown, height, weight, etc.

Samster is a beast:

6'1 or 6'2
185 lbs
awesome one handed backhand
works and plays at Vanderbilt
plays and trains with 5.0's like Craig Clark and his crew
experienced in the XO thing--flying across the country once for it
yields k90's like they are nothing

Saram is a slouch:
eats Sonic chili dogs and fries
5'7"
145lbs
new one handed backhand
claims to hit with 4.0's
college he trains at isn't even on the map or known
arm falls off with an n90

ESP#1
03-13-2009, 10:03 PM
Little to choose between these two, i guess well just have to wait and see what happens:)

saram
03-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Little to choose between these two, i guess well just have to wait and see what happens:)

If you don't root for the Rock...he's going to be cooking something Spanish, bro :twisted:

saram
03-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Saram is the 'people's champion'...

David vs. Goliath

ESP#1
03-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Oh im rooting for ya, and i like your chances but the stat page tells a different story:)

heycal
03-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Samster is a beast:

6'1 or 6'2
185 lbs

Saram is a slouch:
5'7"
145lbs
new one handed backhand
claims to hit with 4.0's

You left out probably the most interesting stat to me of all: Ages?

saram
03-13-2009, 10:21 PM
You left out probably the most interesting stat to me of all: Ages?

He's young--I turn 40 next month....:confused:

saram
03-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Oh im rooting for ya, and i like your chances but the stat page tells a different story:)

the stat page has never been in my favor

ESP#1
03-13-2009, 10:26 PM
So when you guys playing?

saram
03-13-2009, 10:36 PM
So when you guys playing?

end of the month. should be on ESPN.

heycal
03-13-2009, 11:36 PM
He's young--I turn 40 next month....:confused:

How young is he?

All else being equal, I'd put my money on the older guy.

saram
03-14-2009, 05:23 AM
How young is he?

All else being equal, I'd put my money on the older guy.

Not sure--his camp is not coming forth with that little tid-bit....

J011yroger
03-14-2009, 05:50 AM
5'7"
145lbs

Sz: Medium top?

J

saram
03-14-2009, 07:40 AM
Sz: Medium top?

J

Depends...T's: L. Dress shirts and stuff, M.

samster
03-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Samster is a beast:

6'1 or 6'2
185 lbs

Saram is a slouch:
5'7"
145lbs
new one handed backhand
claims to hit with 4.0's

I think the stats are misleading and deserve clarifications.

I am almost 33 and am 6'1" with shoes.

I have been rated by a college head coach at 3.5 NTRP, and per our resident internet coach, have no business using a K90.

I do hit with some 5.0s like Craig Clark and Bolt, but serving more as a punching bag than anything else.

I am experienced in losing in EXOs, for example, my last year's outing against skraggle.

At the end of the day, it's about fighting, not winning.

samster
03-14-2009, 11:30 AM
But I will go down in style with my RF gear!!!

heycal
03-14-2009, 12:07 PM
So you have a one-handed backhand and a small racket head?

I smell trouble for you.

samster
03-14-2009, 12:13 PM

I smell trouble for you.

and I wear RF gear. :)

saram
03-14-2009, 12:23 PM

I smell trouble for you.

We basically have the same stick and backhand. I smell trouble for the both of us, then :)

samster
03-14-2009, 12:28 PM
We basically have the same stick and backhand. I smell trouble for the both of us, then :)

remind me to hit high loopy shots to your backhand! ;)

heycal
03-14-2009, 12:44 PM

Too bad. If we could switch you to a normal sized racket and a two-handed backhand in time for this match, I think you could win it.

samster
03-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Too bad. If we could switch you to a normal sized racket and a two-handed backhand in time for this match, I think you could win it.

hey!!! watch it!!! what's a "normal sized" racket? :)

heycal
03-14-2009, 01:32 PM
hey!!! watch it!!! what's a "normal sized" racket? :)

About 98" to 107" or so, I'd say.

If you boys are using that KY 90 thing and one handed backhand with your 3.5 skills, it doesn't sound like a great combo. Hell, Federer can't even hit a consistent backhand with that combo, so I suspect it could give you guys trouble as well.

samster
03-14-2009, 03:41 PM

If you boys are using that KY 90 thing and one handed backhand with your 3.5 skills, it doesn't sound like a great combo. Hell, Federer can't even hit a consistent backhand with that combo, so I suspect it could give you guys trouble as well.

Wrong, I believe Saram is at NTRP of 4.5 at least by two of my independent scouts.

However, this does not mean I am giving up. I will if he brings me some Five Guys burgers! :)

skraggle
03-14-2009, 03:48 PM

They're not returning shots like Nadal produces, though.

samster
03-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Mr. Skraggle! How are you?

samster
03-14-2009, 03:51 PM
They're not returning shots like Nadal produces, though.

Correct. Last time I checked, Saram was a Righty!

skraggle
03-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Mr. Skraggle! How are you?

I'm good, King Samster. Played a good three hours earlier, enjoyed some sauteed veggies for lunch, and now my feet are up on my massager getting ready for tomorrow morning.

How are you doing?

samster
03-14-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm good, King Samster. Played a good three hours earlier, enjoyed some sauteed veggies for lunch, and now my feet are up on my massager getting ready for tomorrow morning.

How are you doing?

Excellent, Warrior Skraggle! I am glad you got to hit today. I have to work the whole weekend thus no hitting this weekend. (Please don't tell Saram that I have been slacking.) However, I did have a salad for dinner this evening, does that get me bonus points? ;)

I hope your tennis game is super with the Warrior!

samster
03-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Have you been out to Indian Wells this week? I believe Roger is playing tonight.

skraggle
03-14-2009, 04:01 PM
I am thinking that during this recession, we need a "skraggle fund" to help get you out here for a hit or two.

Thought much appreciated.

Sadly, my GF just spent the skraggle fund to book a week in Cabo in June. The resort has a couple of courts, so while it won't be as fun as getting to hit with you guys, it won't completely suck.

But if I book in any cities near you guys, I'll do everything possible to get on court with the big dogs.

skraggle
03-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Excellent, Warrior Skraggle! I am glad you got to hit today. I have to work the whole weekend thus no hitting this weekend. (Please don't tell Saram that I have been slacking.) However, I did have a salad for dinner this evening, does that get me bonus points? ;)

I hope your tennis game is super with the Warrior!

Um yeah...the Warrior...about that...

It's on the shelf in favor of the...wait for it...take a moment to laugh at me and my "won't switch again insanity"...

n90.

skraggle
03-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Have you been out to Indian Wells this week? I believe Roger is playing tonight.

I was going to hit some of the free sessions, but work got in the way.

Roger who?

samster
03-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Um yeah...the Warrior...about that...

It's on the shelf in favor of the...wait for it...take a moment to laugh at me and my "won't switch again insanity"...

n90.

N90?

I love the paint job of that frame, a lot.

samster
03-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Here is Mr. Skraggle with the N90!

http://i40.tinypic.com/104199i.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2r7ld3q.jpg

samster
03-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Boy, I found the perfect racket for Mr. Saram for the EXO:

http://i44.tinypic.com/156v5o8.jpg

J011yroger
03-14-2009, 05:11 PM
^^^ I have a friend who plays that frame, he has a winning record at USTA 4.5 and was in the top 5 in the 25s in Eastern last year, and top 30 I think in Mens Open.

J