PDA

View Full Version : Do current PROs ever visit/read our threads?

Ethan04
03-03-2005, 01:04 PM
Could Federer Roger or anyone have read our threads?

morten
03-03-2005, 01:08 PM
a good question.If i was a pro i would. Lots of knowledge and insight on this board. Example: A pro could get tips on how to beat another pro...How cool would that be!!!

ty slothrop
03-03-2005, 01:39 PM
pros could read about what rackets are truly under their paintjobs

fantom
03-03-2005, 01:46 PM
maybe for a good laugh...

raftermania
03-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Hey Ethan, it's me Roger Federer under the alias Raftermania... Because my favorite player was Patrick Rafter.

Do you have any questions for me???

Pushmaster
03-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Somehow I get the feeling that the real Mr. Federer would have better things do with his time than hang out with us guys at "Talk Tennis". Lol.

VamosRafa
03-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Yes, I think most of them have better things to do.

And if they don't, they should spend the time trying to improve their ranking.

But with respect to many players, why would they want to come on and read the stuff that's posted? They get enough criticism in the press; why compound that?

If I were Andy Roddick, for example, I'd opt for lunch with Bud Collins over reading the stuff here. Would certainly be a more positive experience than reading here that he's actually a club player who managed to get to No. 1 with a few aces. *lol*

splink779
03-03-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm sure the pros would rather talk to their coaches or review old tapes than come here to see what we are saying.

Rickson
03-03-2005, 04:21 PM
I am actually Andy Roddick. I wish I could play more like Federer, but hey, I still have the fastest serve in the world.

Aykhan Mammadov
03-03-2005, 04:46 PM
Does Federer want me out of the forum ?

Chadwixx
03-03-2005, 04:50 PM
im sure pro's each have websites they visit and maybe even post, but why would they wanna talk about tennis in their offtime?

Phil
03-03-2005, 05:08 PM
I am actually Andy Roddick. I wish I could play more like Federer, but hey, I still have the fastest serve in the world.

But you can't be, because you're Rickson-of the famous Gracie family, who pionered (i.e. successfully marketed) a Brazilian variation of Japanese jui jitsu. So you would prefer squirming around on the floor with other guys, legs locked, rather than hit bombs on the court. Right?

Kaptain Karl
03-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Tell you what, next time talk with my buddy's son, Todd Widom, I'll ask him. (Todd's about #150 on the Tour.) I'm sure he can't wait to learn more strategy from us TW-ers...!

If I were Andy Roddick, for example, I'd opt for lunch with Bud Collins over reading the stuff here. Would certainly be a more positive experience than ...I'd go have a root canal before I'd submit to lunch with Bud Collins. (Yuck!!!)

- KK

nkhera1
03-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Pros are probably to buys to read all tennis forums. Besides there are quite a few of them.

Frodo Baggins
03-03-2005, 05:38 PM
RafterMania & Rickson if your really those guys??.. Which Makes me a Hobbit..(Wait a Min I am a Hobbit) An proud of it too;)

Tenny
03-03-2005, 06:06 PM
TW made it very clear for us. Pros come, not only read, they contribute. Hall of famer, too. Rickson and Phil are hall of famers. Here are the list of hall of famers who come to TW.

Bungalo Bill 2296, @wright, Gaines Hillix, perfmode, Breakpoint, Ronaldo. Phil, Rickson. Total 8! Now we need to guess who these are among HFers.

Marius Hancu is very close to HF. He could be Andre.

Marius_Hancu Professional 1,497 *
K!ck5w3rvE Professional 1,417
Deuce Professional 1,403
pound cat Professional 1,310 *
Rabbit Professional 1,298 *
Liam Curran Professional 1,278
kevhen Professional 1,214 *
david aames Professional 1,206 *
Steve Huff Professional 1,163 *
Datacipher Professional 1,147 *
PureCarlosMoyaDrive Professional 1,081 *
David Pavlich Professional 1,078 *
gmlasam Professional 1,055
Camilio Pascual Professional 1,026 *
finchy Professional 1,019

and these pros are about to break 1000 whatever it means.
Power Game Professional 966
VamosRafa Professional 953
and so on.

You will be surprised, NoBadMoJo, with all his knowledge, is a mere 'Rookie'. I am just a semi-pro but someday, someday!

david aames
03-03-2005, 06:32 PM
What the hell happened to PCMD? I kind of liked the idea of having a fan of Moya on board... Oh well...

PureCarlosMoyaDrive Professional 1,081*

HookEmJeff
03-03-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm sure Marat Safin rolled right off of Dasha after the fifth set of their mattress match that Australian Open final night and said, "Gee, I wonder what Ethan04 thought of my match with Hewitt tonight?"
And then, naturally, he gets up as fast he can, grabs a cig and logs right on to tenniswarehouse.com to see that yes, indeed, you have posted something. And then he reads late into the night until he can't see and has read every single post on the site. That is when he's not fending off IM's from all his "honeys" across the globe.

Jeff

HookEmJeff
03-03-2005, 11:29 PM
Marius is clearly on the "clear." Fourteen hundred posts in four months? I think we might need to call Victor Conte to see what kind of program BALCO developed for Marius to get to the Hall of Fame with such rapidity. He's surely on the juice. I wouldn't be surprised if a fellow poster was injecting him straight into the typing fingers.

Jeff

Pushmaster
03-04-2005, 07:04 AM
What the hell happened to PCMD? I kind of liked the idea of having a fan of Moya on board... Oh well...
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing? Moya is my favorite player too. :wink:

ty slothrop
03-04-2005, 08:43 AM
I'm sure Marat Safin rolled right off of Dasha after the fifth set of their mattress match that Australian Open final night and said, "Gee, I wonder what Ethan04 thought of my match with Hewitt tonight?"
And then, naturally, he gets up as fast he can, grabs a cig and logs right on to tenniswarehouse.com to see that yes, indeed, you have posted something. And then he reads late into the night until he can't see and has read every single post on the site. That is when he's not fending off IM's from all his "honeys" across the globe.

Jeff

jesus, that's funny *****

@wright
03-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Jeff that Safin bit was funny as hell. Well done!

HookEmJeff
03-04-2005, 02:10 PM
Thanks. I'll be at the Improv all week.

Jeff

Marius_Hancu
03-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Marius is clearly on the "clear." Fourteen hundred posts in four months?

Common, most of them are just links and searches:-)

HookEmJeff
03-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Common, most of them are just links and searches:-)

I know, and most of those links are very informative. I've probably read half of them.

Jeff

pound cat
03-04-2005, 05:42 PM
This has got to be one of the funniest threads ever. It all started with this " A pro could get tips on how to beat another pro...How cool would that be!!!

lmao.

This could be a big step up for Hewit who's favourite internet pastime is solitaire.

Ronaldo
03-04-2005, 06:12 PM
So like, if these pros read this thread, could a 3.5 player win a game if the pro got one serve and had his shoelaces tied together? While wearing an eye patch?

Fee
03-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Man, somebody has a lot of time on their hands to compile a list of posters and their number of posts. I'm impressed.

The pros I know don't have time to check out tennis boards, when they fire up their laptops they are a) playing online video games or b) playing online poker and hanging out at poker message boards.

SydW
03-04-2005, 10:32 PM
I hope not. It will destroy all of Federer confidence if he realise all the praises he got from the tennis community is only because they were making up for Pete.

raftermania
03-04-2005, 10:33 PM
hehe, but on a real note Lleyton Hewitt actually plays Top Spin tennis and plays online, so maybe you've beat him in tennis before (virtually).

ford oliver
03-05-2005, 07:24 AM
Kaptain Karl, if you're talking the ATP Tour, Todd Widom is #346 in singles this week and occassionally when you guys come up with something good it does get passed onto certain pros. I have to say, however, that most of the time, you guys are too wacked for them to even bother with.

Kaptain Karl
03-05-2005, 10:20 AM
(I'm going to stop using subtlety on this board if this keeps up....)

ford - I was trying to use absurdity to demonstrate the absurd. I looked on the ATP standings for someone about whom there was limited information ... and pretended to know the family.

The Pros are too busy in their business (Professional tennis, remember?) to be hangin' around here. Even the second 250 are kinda busy ... tryin' to make the *top* 250.

Wake up, people!!!

- KK

raftermania
03-05-2005, 12:35 PM
Hey Roger Fed here again, no questions still??? Well enough with this "tennis board" I'm going to play some online poker. Let me just say this before I leave, I wouldn't be #1 in the world without the hours of reading Bungalow Bills instructional articles, thanks Bill...

Roger that? Over and out.

K!ck5w3rvE
03-06-2005, 02:04 AM
I think D.Nalbandian's on it...

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
07-07-2005, 11:35 PM
David and Pushmaster; Do you know how badly that I could still be here with you guys? If only school didn't dominate my life last year. Sophmore year I had no hw ever, all the time in the world to play tennis, watch tennis, and be on this forum, and still get to bed by 10. Now, I've got a lot more work and I play tennis more. I wish I was still here, but not possible time-wise. I only want to be here if I can dedicate myself 100%, or else I feel that I am robbing myself of my fame (haha) and not getting my opinion out well enough. I will be back one day though.....

PureCarlosMoyaDrive Professional 1,081 *

Glad to see that I am amongst the all famous here, hahaa

fedex27
07-08-2005, 04:34 AM
damn you caught me

donnyz89
07-08-2005, 09:46 AM
y wouldnt they??? pros dont play tennis 15 hours a day... they have days off. and what more important things can athletes do? most of them just shoot pool, play internet poker anyways so if they are on the road, why wouldnt they come and check this out? athletes are not presidents. think about it, if u were a pro tennis player, would u come here if u are interested?