PDA

View Full Version : Schedule of Play for US vs Croatia

Kevin Patrick
03-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Andre Agassi (USA) v Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)(live on Espn at 4 EST)
Andy Roddick (USA) v Mario Ancic (CRO)(shown taped on espn classic at midnight)
Bob Bryan/Mike Bryan (USA) v Mario Ancic/Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)(taped on espn)
Andy Roddick (USA) v Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)(both matches live-if they count-on Espn Classic.
Andre Agassi (USA) v Mario Ancic (CRO)

Hope it goes to a 5th match. Looking forward to John McEnroe covering a non Grand Slam event for the 1st time.

Chadwixx
03-03-2005, 03:53 PM
what surface is this on?

if hard a court then what speed is it?

looks like the croats have a nice team, should be better than i thought. id say the first match will dictate the outcome.

VamosRafa
03-03-2005, 06:42 PM
It's an indoor hardcourt -- at The Home Depot Center in Carson.

The same venue the women have played their year-end finals over the past couple years.

I'll be there.

And I'll post daily updates on our messageboard at:

http://www.vamosrafael.com/forum/

Hey, I can't go to Bratislava, but I can go to Carson.

In any event, I always support the USA in Davis Cup.

Go USA!!!!

HookEmJeff
03-03-2005, 10:07 PM
Don't the women play their year-end championships at the Staples Center? They play a hard-court event at this site in Carson, the JP Morgan Chase Open. The Home Depot Center is an outdoor stadium, too.

Jeff

VamosRafa
03-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the info, Jeff. Sorry for the misinformation I gave.

But I've never been to either event, and now I'll be totally prepared for the outdoors. Lots of rain here in So. Cal. lately.

The Staples Center is in downtown LA, whereas the Home Depot Center is in Carson, closer to Long Beach.

35ft6
03-03-2005, 11:27 PM
I'll be there, too. I hope they have good food.

VamosRafa
03-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Good food at a tournament? Well, it could happen, but I kind of doubt it. Especially at a Davis Cup event.

The first day of any DC tie generally is a logistical mess, as everyone kind of deals with, well, the logistics.

Should be a competitive event, though. I'm excited about it.

Haka Boy
03-04-2005, 12:53 AM
Why is that Agassi is shown live then the others are taped?

degreefanlindi
03-04-2005, 01:22 PM
I am not sure why ESPN2 is airing Agassi-Lubicic live, but I am just thankful to see some tennis. Agassi is doing well running Lubicic around but the Croatian looks just as good, especially his placement. Andre is two set points from taking the second set 6-3. I thought he would come back during the first set, but let's hope he can hang tough. I see Taylor Dent is on the sidelines. Who is he scheduled to play? I want to see the Roddick-Ancic match too.

gmlasam
03-04-2005, 01:52 PM
I'm not sure why ESPN2 is saying it is live, Agassi and Lubicic match, because it is pouring rain here in socal. I'm in Burbank, Ca which is about 30 minutes north of Carson, CA where the match is being played. It looks like an outdoor court and not even raining where they are. I guess the rain is banned in that area during the davis cup ;)

dyvan
03-04-2005, 01:55 PM
No, they are playing on an indoor hardcourt. What is the score?

gmlasam
03-04-2005, 01:56 PM
It's an indoor hardcourt -- at The Home Depot Center in Carson.

The same venue the women have played their year-end finals over the past couple years.

I'll be there.

And I'll post daily updates on our messageboard at:

http://www.vamosrafael.com/forum/

Hey, I can't go to Bratislava, but I can go to Carson.

In any event, I always support the USA in Davis Cup.

Go USA!!!!
The Home depot is outdoor from what I see. Look here, http://www.homedepotcenter.com/home/default.sps

gmlasam
03-04-2005, 02:01 PM
OMG did agassi just said the F word to umpire?

dyvan
03-04-2005, 02:04 PM
I think you are right, that it is outdoors. Someone up above said it was indoors, so maybe that is where I got it.

joeman957
03-04-2005, 02:04 PM
OMG did agassi just said the F word to umpire?

yes he did and it was uncensored. WOO!

dyvan
03-04-2005, 02:07 PM
FYI... www.daviscup.com has a cool live scoring feature that tells the points and constantly updates.

Haka Boy
03-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Thank you dyvan for posting that

gmlasam
03-04-2005, 02:44 PM
After the Agassi and Lubicic match, the camera panned out to the sky showing a blue sky with a few clouds, and yet Its raining whre I am. Hmmmmm.....

Haka Boy
03-04-2005, 02:48 PM
So does that make roddick and agassi "God" like in the usa :)

gmlasam
03-04-2005, 02:55 PM
So does that make roddick and agassi "God" like in the usa :)
That or its just raining over my house. I'm not sure what sin I have commited to deserve this ;)

dennis1188
03-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar, and the rain is just rain.
It not the end of the world yet. But a decent AA approach once in awhile would hv helped alot.