PDA

View Full Version : POG vs. XNG (NXG??); POG in Canada???

tom-selleck
03-03-2005, 01:51 PM
two questions for everyone (one only applicable in canada).

1) are the POG and XNG (NXG??) OS pretty similar racquets? specs look similar and the canadian retailers tell me it replaced the POG

2) but TW has POG's..... are those just leftover???.... can i buy POG in Canada??? .... in Toronto, Merchant of Tennis and Sporting Life don't carry POG... will someone else, or not available in canada (or TT selling the remnants???)

Thanks in advance!!!!

devilish_duke
03-03-2005, 02:03 PM
NXG OS is supposedly the replacement but doesn't play as well as the POG. How a racquet performs goes beyond the numbers. I have both the NXG OS and the POG mid and use both regularly. The POG is always my first choice though. The POG is also still in production, both the OS and mid models. Take your time and check them out, I recommend the POG but you won't die if you pick the NXG either. g'luck.

Richie Rich
03-03-2005, 04:21 PM
if you want 2 new pog longbody 100's in 4 1/2 i'm in mississauga

pchoi04
03-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Yeah... I've played with the NXG Mid and I currently play with the POG Mid and the POG plays MUCH better I think.

radical tourist
03-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Two distinctly different racquets in length (consequently maneuverability), power, feel. Both are in production. Both are very good racquets. But the NXG is not a replacement for the POG until someone from Prince comes on here and says it is.

pchoi04
03-03-2005, 09:08 PM
I think if it was a replacement they would have discontinued the POG... ;D

gmlasam
03-04-2005, 06:33 AM
Yeah... I've played with the NXG Mid and I currently play with the POG Mid and the POG plays MUCH better I think.
You think????? You know it is a fact it plays much better. :)

tom-selleck
03-04-2005, 06:40 AM
if you want 2 new pog longbody 100's in 4 1/2 i'm in mississauga

i don't know what a longbody 100 is??? is that just the OS??? ..... and yes, i would be interested.... are you a retailer or just an individual (why are you selling new racquets???)???

anyhow, thanks for the response and yes, i am interested...

pchoi04
03-04-2005, 07:51 AM
The POG longbody is 100sqin head at 28inch length. I think this racquet was popular in Europe. They were selling it on TW for a while but they stopped... Maybe ran out of stock? I have no clue... But I'm sure they will bring it back someday.