PDA

View Full Version : Ram calls decision to ban crowd in Sweden ‘stupid’

saram
03-04-2009, 06:30 AM
Here's the story:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=AmsoSK7.4q8P99H3Do93jLs4v7YF?slug=ap-daviscup-ram&prov=ap&type=lgns

diegaa
03-04-2009, 06:40 AM
this is going too far. i agree with ram's statement.

King of Aces
03-04-2009, 07:48 AM
Ram is right.

Oui, c'est moi.
03-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Is there a lot of hostility towards Israelis in Sweden?

tahiti
03-04-2009, 08:51 AM
Well it's sad that they would have to ban fans but if they can't offer security and look at what just happened to the Sri-lankan cricket team, I think the players safety comes first.

However, I agree with Ram's point of view whole heartedly.

diegaa
03-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Well it's sad that they would have to ban fans but if they can't offer security and look at what just happened to the Sri-lankan cricket team, I think the players safety comes first.

However, I agree with Ram's point of view whole heartedly.

but the main "danger" to the players isn't AT the stadium, but at the other places the israelis can pass through (airport, hotel, etc). In the stadium there would be nothing to worry about if metal detection machine could be installed or something like it.
come on, even the israel players can handle some booing...

kafelnikov
03-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Is there a lot of hostility towards Israelis in Sweden?

Not really, but there's quite a lot of muslims in the Malmö area, where the game is being played.

Leublu tennis
03-05-2009, 12:15 AM
Never thought I would agree with an Israeli tennis playing soldier but I also feel that there should be no special treatment given to the Israelis. They come, play, and if this creates havoc, let it be. In New Zealand there were protests as well. Let the world express its opinion on Israel. Its about time.

Love Game
03-05-2009, 04:54 AM
Never thought I would agree with an Israeli tennis playing soldier but I also feel that there should be no special treatment given to the Israelis. They come, play, and if this creates havoc, let it be. In New Zealand there were protests as well. Let the world express its opinion on Israel. Its about time.

To be quite honest, the only "protests" I heard anything about in New Zealand were of a letter-writing campaign by some left-wing barking moonbats! :)

breadstick
03-05-2009, 05:00 AM
I hate people who would try to bother the Israeli DC team. All they just want to play tennis. If people want to complain or protest, they go to the embassy, not the tennis court.

Love Game
03-05-2009, 05:18 AM
I agree with Ram that it is completely stupid that they will be forced to play to an empty house. It must be a matter of "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, since there are increasingly alarming numbers of episodes of Muslim extremists who are so violently opposed to free speech that they murdered an atheist filmmaker, Theo van Gogh in 2004, stabbing him to death in broad daylight in Amsterdam because of his 11-minute short film "Submission," and then there are the Danish newspaper cartoons that sparked extremist Muslim riots, including setting fire to the Danish Embassies in Syria, Lebanon and Iran, storming European buildings, etc., etc., ad nauseam . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_van_Gogh_(film_director)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jyllands-Posten_Muhammad_cartoons_controversy

http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/006279.php

coloskier
03-05-2009, 07:29 AM
I agree with Ram that it is completely stupid that they will be forced to play to an empty house. It must be a matter of "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, since there are increasingly alarming numbers of episodes of Muslim extremists who are so violently opposed to free speech that they murdered an atheist filmmaker, Theo van Gogh in 2004, stabbing him to death in broad daylight in Amsterdam because of his 11-minute short film "Submission," and then there are the Danish newspaper cartoons that sparked extremist Muslim riots, including setting fire to the Danish Embassies in Syria, Lebanon and Iran, storming European buildings, etc., etc., ad nauseam . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_van_Gogh_(film_director)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jyllands-Posten_Muhammad_cartoons_controversy

http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/006279.php

Remember, the entire country of Sweden are total pacifists (except the Muslims). And they are totally unequipped to handle what may happen. But the Israeli players are all trained soldiers. So let them bring some weapons to the match and see how loud the Muslim extremists yell. The only thing the Muslim extremists understand is force. It is unfortunate, but it is a fact.

kafelnikov
03-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Remember, the entire country of Sweden are total pacifists (except the Muslims). And they are totally unequipped to handle what may happen. But the Israeli players are all trained soldiers. So let them bring some weapons to the match and see how loud the Muslim extremists yell. The only thing the Muslim extremists understand is force. It is unfortunate, but it is a fact.

"The entire country of Sweden" aren't pacifists at all, I don't know where you get this from, Fox news?

Or are you mistaking Sweden for Switzerland?

NamRanger
03-05-2009, 02:39 PM
"The entire country of Sweden" aren't pacifists at all, I don't know where you get this from, Fox news?

Or are you mistaking Sweden for Switzerland?

I thought Sweden's military was pretty damn good too x_X

Leublu tennis
03-05-2009, 03:55 PM
To be quite honest, the only "protests" I heard anything about in New Zealand were of a letter-writing campaign by some left-wing barking moonbats! :)I picked it up on BBC during the G*** invasion. Can find it for you, if you are curious. Generally, I try not to post rumors and tend to trust the BBC broadcasts of events.

Leublu tennis
03-05-2009, 03:59 PM
I thought Sweden's military was pretty damn good too x_XI didn't klnow Sweden had a military. They were neutral in WWII and the last war that I think they fought was in the 17th century, I think, when they were defeated at Poltava in Ukraine. But I could be wrong. The Poltava battle is just the last one I remember in which Sweden was involved.

Love Game
03-05-2009, 04:55 PM
I picked it up on BBC during the G*** invasion. Can find it for you, if you are curious. Generally, I try not to post rumors and tend to trust the BBC broadcasts of events.

That's okay then.
No need to bother.
I've watched BBC broadcasts here in the States.
Their slant is unashamedly l-e-f-t-w-i-n-g.

crabgrass
03-05-2009, 05:45 PM
the way i see it it's really up to the swedes how they choose to handle it,
if they view it as a potential threat to their safety or security then who is anyone to tell them how to act.
probably not correct to call all swedes pacifists but it is rare to see sweden involved in many conflicts in the last decades....i think this is something other more aggressive nations should learn from.

NandoMania
03-05-2009, 07:06 PM
^^^ of course, they have the right to protect their property and their citizens as well as visiting tennis players, but an empty stadium? :shock: :confused: :(

veroniquem
03-05-2009, 07:31 PM
^^^ of course, they have the right to protect their property and their citizens as well as visiting tennis players, but an empty stadium? :shock: :confused: :(
Spooky :(

Hankenstein
03-05-2009, 11:54 PM
It´s all about politics in this case. The left-wing politician Ilmar Reepalu and his left-wing friends won the election with 1 vote if the tie should be played with spectators or not. The police-chief in charge told local press that they would have no problem if the tie had been played with spectators as the police had gathered a 1000 man strong police forced equipped to withstand heavy riots. The police had , when they made this plan, thought that the game should be played in front of a full house and they also said they are used to ruff crowds from the local soccer matches played in front of 30.000 spectators with hooligans from both Sweden and Denmark attending those events.

So the decision to play with no spectators are pure political from the (unfortunately) strong left wing here in Sweden. This wing have also proclaimed that Sweden should give a W.O to this tie...

It will not be totally empty though as around 400 journalists and local junior players from a couple of local tennis-clubs in the Malmö area have been invited to see the game.

Today they local newspapers write about some news that the ultra left wingers will participate in a huge 10.000 man strong anti Israel demonstration and in this demonstration it will also be extreme right (neo - ****s) marching and chanting anti-israel songs etc.

There is a group called "stoppa matchen" (stop the game) and they have said that the game will be stopped by all means, even if it means they have to burn up the arena,,, this threat must be taken seriously as this same organization was part of the (in sweden) famous gothenburg riot at the EU-summit 2001
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protests_during_the_EU_summit_in_Gothenburg_2001

Malmö are a war-zone this weekend!

Gen
03-05-2009, 11:58 PM
Israelis asked for it, they got it. It's their outrageous behavior during DC and FC matches that made all the people who watched this crap hate israeli players and fans. A better idea would be to penalize Israel for a couple of years. Maybe this action would put them right.

Thor
03-06-2009, 12:19 AM

Everytime any Israeli player is brought up you bring up your BS Islamic propaganda.
Take your trolling to rants and raves.

Israelis asked for it, they got it. It's their outrageous behavior during DC and FC matches that made all the people who watched this crap hate israeli players and fans. A better idea would be to penalize Israel for a couple of years. Maybe this action would put them right.

Same with this genius - every other post is about the Israel-Russia FC tie.
We get it - they misbehaved,so what? Have you ever seen a DC match in Chile?Or Argentina?
Nobody hates Israeli fans and players because of this tie - those who do hate Israel for thei reasons
and use this as a stupid excuse.
DC and FC are different for these reasons,either watch it or dont,but quit whining, it gets old.

The-Champ
03-06-2009, 12:50 AM
a little summary of what was written on a swedish newspaper (Sydsvenskan) last wednesday:

1. Malmö mayor Ilmar Reepalu claims that 400 dead children, is reason enough to stop this davis cup match.

2. After the latest atrocities in Gaza, Israel went back to its old hobby: "building, and widening its illegal settlements"

3. Israel forbade the Palestinian junior soccer national team to return to Gaza in over a month after completing a tour in Jordan in 2007.

4. During the preparation for soccer world championships in 2006, players from Gaza were made to wait for weeks at the border in Rafah to get to the training camp in Egypt. FIFA protested in vain.

5. The only soccer arena in Gaza was struck by an Israeli missile. Players in the West Bank are not allowed access to Gaza and vice versa. Neither are allowed to play in Jerusalem.

6. the soccer arena that was destroyed in 2006 was funded by FIFA, was restored, only to be destroyed again by the latest israeli attack.

7. Last year atlas sport published an article on how Israel violates international olympic committee rules by attacking athletes. The report estimates 375 palestinian athletes dead including high school, university and professional athletes. 2000 are wounded since the year 2000

But you folks are probably right. Lets turn a blind eye on the Israeli atrocities against Palestinians athletes. Israelis are better than all of us.

Anyway...I'll check that demonstration and see what the hell it's all about.

Gen
03-06-2009, 03:36 AM
Nobody hates Israeli fans and players because of this tie - those who do hate Israel for thei reasons
and use this as a stupid excuse.
DC and FC are different for these reasons,either watch it or dont,but quit whining, it gets old.

I do. A lot of my friends do. Because of this tie, and because of the next tie Sweden-Israel DC. And quit whining, do your homework, maybe you'll start understanding what people are talking about. It's not only the Asian population in Sweden which is a threat. It's all the people who saw the previous Swedish-israeli encounter. And there are a lot of them in Sweden.