PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: $8-10 million for racquet museum

plasma
03-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Excellent online resources pertaining to racquet history exist, yet a physical museum of modern racquet history is clearly needed. No where is there a shrine to honor the risk takers and inventors who changed history: Howard Head, Abel Rossignol, Thomas Wilson, etc... Perhaps no other tool so perfectly expresses the politics, history, and thought of its generation as the tennis racquet.
The defection of Eastern European players during the cold war, the transition from ski company quality construction to an overpriced sweatshop market, and how that commercialization has influenced world history and labor...The Racquet museum will be a non-dogmatic free museum, open to the public. Its mission is to promote racquet history and educate the public about tennis racquets. It will be a non-profit organization which will also provide much needed international racquet subsidies to children in need of hope.
I would be willing to dedicate my life to the management and success of this important venture, and would also be willing to re-locate internationally if necessary. Proven verifiable international scale managerial, design experience, as well as an extensive background in journalism, multi-media, and professional tennis coaching experience, a verifiable background coaching competitive international level athletes in other sports, and successfully holding a managerial position in a security firm, and a degree in art make me qualified to manage such a historic site.

please contact danielrauch72@yahoo.com
thank you for your consideration
this is a serious post, resume provided upon request
http://i40.tinypic.com/14scgb4.jpg

jimbo333
03-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Dan, I'm with you on this!!!

I don't have $8-10million unfortunately, but I do have 12 years of management experience and again am willing to re-locate anywhere in the world to help set up/run this museum.

What about getting in touch with Kuebler, he might want his legacy moved to new level? But again gonna need some investment:):):)

LanEvo
03-04-2009, 06:24 PM
yes, id like to help also, i wanna frame my Dunlop MFil 300 up there

plasma
03-04-2009, 06:32 PM
would love to hire experts an those passionate about racquets from within our community. I need to team up with a gutsy philanthropist who believes in the power of education and the media as the greatest forces for cultural influence, the battle for civil justice, and global freedom.

Rorsach
03-05-2009, 03:56 AM
You truly are crazy.

Nice pair of Fischers btw.

Fearsome Forehand
03-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Hey, great idea, hit up Barack and Nancy for funding. ;o)

plasma
03-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Rorsach says I'm crazy, yet his country is famous for its Hash Museum and Sex Museum. Unfortunately folks forget that despite the Hash and Sex it's one of the greatest countries in that region..the art/sculpture, the canals, the Van Gogh Museum!!!

D. Nelson
03-07-2009, 10:36 AM
I Think Thatthere Are Already A Couple Of Those 'types' Of Museums...1 Of Which Supposedly Has One Of 'my' Racquets In It !! That Would Be In Australia (sidney, I Think). The Other/more Substantial One (i Think!) Is Up At The Tennis Hall Of Fame..... Somebody Can Check Those 2 Places Out Before We Start Getting All Warm And 'gushy' About This Idea !! By The Way...the Racquet I Made Reference To Is 1 Of Supposedly Only 4 That Exist On The Entire P L A N E T ...the True 'original' Kuebler Spaghetti Racquet....the One I Had Was Truly Awesome.... :) !!!!!!!!!!!

dataseviltwin
03-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Concur across the board Dan-O. And what the heck is that white thing in the middle of all those wonderful sticks?

plasma
03-09-2009, 11:56 AM
http://www.photostringer.com/racquets_prince_god.htm
it's the prince g*d's racquet. I think only about 800 were ever made. 12 square inches but it plays nice, similar to the head txe. guess it's kind of a mass produced racquet compared to the Keubler Spaghetti. Could we pls see pics of the Keubler pls? I am a big fan!

Il Mostro
03-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Hash museum? Sex Museum? You've got to give it to the Dutch -- those people have got their priorities right. :-)