PDA

View Full Version : ???

OldSchooLTennis
03-03-2005, 04:13 PM
People really I don't think all of this new technolegy is any better then the old technolegy.

Will there ever be a inovation in tennis raquets that clearly makes them better from what they are now?

netman
03-03-2005, 05:14 PM
You either never played with a wood racquet or if you did, have forgotten what it was like.

Play a match with a wood racquet, then play one with any "players" or "tweener" frame for sale today. If you win with the wood, you have earned the right to heap shame and scorn on your opponent. When you play them again with a modern frame, you should win in about 20 minutes. :)

-k-

Grimjack
03-03-2005, 06:23 PM
I sort of feel bad for metal racquets. Wood ruled the roost for like a century, then metal came along and was revolutionary for all of about five years before graphite started pushing it out of the market, and now, a quarter-century later, it's still essentially a graphite-dominated market.

Metal, we hardly knew ye.*

(* - Though, frankly, the Prince Magnesium still kicks righteous ***.)

snowpuppy
03-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Have your read the other guys reviews on the AeroPro? Normally, everyone naturally thinks the a new technology as a hoax. But from what i hear, maybe technology is catching up.

OldSchooLTennis
03-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Did you see the new stuff on the flexpoint raquets? COME ON MAN!! I can almost garrentee you that that techonolegy is pointless and i think the o3 techonlegy is too. But thats just my opinion.

By old technolegy i ment like the POG and the PS 85 and other raquets like that. Just like graphite masterpeices.

Alex
03-03-2005, 09:15 PM
Dear OldSchooLTennis,

I agree that some new technolegy is NOT any better then the old technology. But i also argee that some New technolegy is better then the old technolegy. So i stand neutral on the arguement between old vs new tech.

But I believe that ... Technology make the game less demanding and much more enjoyable for most people, such as kids, ladies and older people.

It is just one of many way to promote the sports and increase its popularity.

Thank you.

OldSchooLTennis
03-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Even string wise though. Gut strings have been around for a long time. They still can't make anything better.