PDA

View Full Version : If Federer swithed to

barry
03-03-2005, 04:24 PM
A Wilson Surge, could you imagine the power and dominate he would be! He is playing with one of the deadest rackets ever made and still somehow wins most of his matches.
Like to see him step up to a real power stick!

Max G.
03-03-2005, 04:58 PM
If he switched, he'd lose what ACTUALLY makes him a champion - his control and his finesse.

Tenny
03-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Last night, I watched the last wimby final again. It's a very impressive match and Andy did his best but his forehand was much less reliable than Fed's. Well, his PD plus and him are an item but if, for some reason, all the Babolat on earth disappear tonight, what racquet would you suggest him to change to? Just curious.
T.

PS) what if we force them to play with each other's racquet. Fed with a pure drive plus/trucker cap, Andy with N6.1 90/nike hairband. No preparation. Just make them exchange their sticks right before the wimby final. Who'd have advantage? Who's adjust easily?

nkhera1
03-03-2005, 05:20 PM
A Wilson Surge, could you imagine the power and dominate he would be! He is playing with one of the deadest rackets ever made and still somehow wins most of his matches.

I think Federer knows what works best for him, and I'm sure Wilson has been urging him to switch because then they can advertise the heck out of it, but he must not find the new racket that comfortable. Its hard to just randomely switch rackets through the middle of a season after playing with the same one for so long.

ragnaROK
03-03-2005, 05:24 PM
I think Federer knows what works best for him, and I'm sure Wilson has been urging him to switch because then they can advertise the heck out of it, but he must not find the new racket that comfortable. Its hard to just randomely switch rackets through the middle of a season after playing with the same one for so long.

I don't think Wilson wants him to switch to anything else (until the next pj of course). Fed's helping Wilson sell tons of ncode 6.0s and its one of the most recognizable current rackets out there.

Aykhan Mammadov
03-04-2005, 09:10 AM

barry, u probably are not an advanced player and so probably u don't know that powerful racquets are designed for beginners, they are not suitable for advanced players as well as for PROs.

I hardly can tell that my level is advanced, but even on my modest level of play a little increase in power makes ball go out of the court. I have just strang Laserfiber string 0.7 kg less than usually and the racquet became so powerful that I lost control over the ball.