PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pure Storm vs. Pure Control Zylon?

steveq81
03-03-2005, 06:24 PM
I've read what seem to be conflicting views on which racquet is stiffer, but mainly from folks who have only tried one and have "heard about" the other. So how about some input from people hwo have used both racquets enough to make an informed comparison?

Is there a significant difference aside from the paint job? Which of the two would you say is more flexible/less powerful, or are they basically the same?

I've used the Storm (the 98-inch Team, not the 103-inch MP) and found it to be very playable. Comfortable but with enough pop when you need it, nicely-balanced and easy to swing but not so light as to leave it unstable. For what it's worth, I'm a 4.5/5.0 all-court player who likes to get to the net.

yvp
03-03-2005, 10:14 PM
The PCZ is more whippy,I played only for 15 mins with the storm,and it's quite similar to the PCZotherwise,same power level,same control.It seems to swing heavier than the PCZ.I prefer the PCZ to the storm,but pure drive is better than these two.

Ash_Smith
03-04-2005, 03:08 AM
The Storm compares well to the Drive Z-Tour as well, the Z Tour is much stiffer though and has a slightly larger head, if you like the Storm give this a look as well. As regards the Control Zylon I found it stiff but with not enough weight. To me the storm or the Z Tour are much more playable rackets, they don't feel as detatched or removed when striking the ball as I find the Control beam rackets to be. The Z Tour and Storm specs are very similar, but the Z Tour has the drive series frame and the Storm has the Control series Frame.