PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Coast Doubles starts Friday -- Jeff G Tarango ? Is this correct

Fedace
03-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Pacific coast doubles starts on friday at Lajolla beach and racket club. Best in Division 1 doubles are coming to show off their doubles skills. Stanford is also sending several of their best. But do i have this right ??? Jeff G Tarango seeded #2 in the draw is also playing. Is this the same Jeff that was walked out of Wimbledon ?

Anyhow, there is no live coverage that i can find. but expected are teams from Stanford, USC, UCLA, Notle Dame, Pepperdine and many more. Here is the draw.

http://tennislink.usta.com/Tournaments/Draws/EventDraw.aspx?T=67176&E=1&D=M&S=2

timeisonmyside
03-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Hmmm. I don't know if that's the real Jeff Tarango either (the one who's wife punched an ump). Pretty unique name though.

The real Jeff Tarango is supposed to be playing a pro-am charity event with Michael Chang and Jan-Michael Gambill in Orange County on Saturday Mar 7th. Don't know if he can do both.

Bash and Crash
03-05-2009, 10:51 AM
well he is from Man. beach and he is Jeffrey Gail Tarango, so probably him, interesting draw with currnet college players and ex-pro, college players in the draw.

Bash and Crash
03-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Stanford coach Brandon Coupe playing as well, he still has some game, and ex-Card KC Corkery cool draw...

kctennis1005
03-05-2009, 12:00 PM
im playing

Fedace
03-05-2009, 08:25 PM
im playing

Who are you playing with ?

kctennis1005
03-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Who are you playing with ?

torsten keil-long.....we got killed by a team from rice today....good team but it was much closer than the score suggests.....lots of deuces they just had more experience and closed it out better.

kctennis1005
03-07-2009, 04:28 PM
fedace, since u live in san diego did u check out any of the tournament?

Fedace
03-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Yes, i saw Kelly and Klahn go down today. They lost to a better team though. So nothing to be ashamed of.

But on the Brighter note, Stanford women's team beats Cal bears. with a dramatic victory, as close it can get.

kctennis1005
03-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Yes, i saw Kelly and Klahn go down today. They lost to a better team though. So nothing to be ashamed of.

But on the Brighter note, Stanford women's team beats Cal bears. with a dramatic victory, as close it can get.

u were there? i was watching the match too.....im actually still in the backdraw

Fedace
03-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Pacific coast doubles semis and finals being covered by Radio tennis.

http://www.radiotennis.com/schedules.php

kctennis1005
03-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Pacific coast doubles semis and finals being covered by Radio tennis.

http://www.radiotennis.com/schedules.php

did u go to the match today? my partner and i played at 9

Fedace
03-08-2009, 11:50 AM
did u go to the match today? my partner and i played at 9

No, Sorry. After Stanford guys lost,,, i lost all desires and will to go on living... :) did you guys win, by the way ? do you play for a college ?

kctennis1005
03-08-2009, 11:54 AM
No, Sorry. After Stanford guys lost,,, i lost all desires and will to go on living... :) did you guys win, by the way ? do you play for a college ?

we lost to a team from notre dame this morning but we took out teams from USC, Boston College, and Toledo over the last couple days.....im a senior in hs going to dartmouth next yr and my partner is going to uc davis next yr

Fedace
03-08-2009, 12:09 PM
we lost to a team from notre dame this morning but we took out teams from USC, Boston College, and Toledo over the last couple days.....im a senior in hs going to dartmouth next yr and my partner is going to uc davis next yr

Which position will you be playing at Dartmouth ? Is the admission standards pretty high even for an athlete ? By the results from this tournament, you would be playing pretty high up already.

kctennis1005
03-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Which position will you be playing at Dartmouth ? Is the admission standards pretty high even for a athlete ? By the results from this tournament, you would be playing pretty high up already.

i think ill be starting for doubles.....dont know with who or what position yet.....singles i dont know where ill be at cuz they are pretty deep.....admissions standards are still pretty high for an athlete but i have good grades and test scores so i wasnt too close to the minimum

Fedace
03-08-2009, 12:24 PM
i think ill be starting for doubles.....dont know with who or what position yet.....singles i dont know where ill be at cuz they are pretty deep.....admissions standards are still pretty high for an athlete but i have good grades and test scores so i wasnt too close to the minimum

We will watch for you on that Webcam that is supposedly free. GOOD Luck.

Atown
03-25-2009, 08:33 AM
Jeff G Tarango seeded #2 in the draw is also playing. Is this the same Jeff that was walked out of Wimbledon ?

Was it the same Jeff Tarango? I'd guess that it was as due the Manhattan Beach connection.

Fedace, you might be interested to know that Tarango last summer won a Futures doubles title with Stanford player Ted Kelly:
http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-tennis/mtt/kelly_ted00.html
http://www.itftennis.com/mens/tournaments/tournamentoverview.asp?tournament=1100018172

jaggy
03-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Tarango is a .................character!