PDA

View Full Version : Reposting an old comparative review

galain
03-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Hopefully - a bit shaky with this new fangled technology stuff.

A couple of years ago I wrote up a comparative review on some old favourites of mine - which I know many people on this sub forum have read (sorry for the repetition). I thought I'd dig it up again, now that we have some more members with a taste for older school racquets.

Here's hoping the link works....

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=133046&referrerid=266

Virginia
03-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Yes, it's fine and thanks for reposting it. :)

Virginia
03-05-2009, 01:26 PM
I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading it again - it's a true classic.

I have a Mag Pro, but haven't ever hit with it - I'm keen to give it a go after reading what you said about it.

galain
03-05-2009, 01:59 PM
You've been missing out Virginia! Do take it out for a spin.

Virginia
03-05-2009, 03:01 PM
galain, how come you never reviewed the Yonex R32 - I know it used to be one of your favourite frames. I'd love to know whether you still play with it and how you'd rate it. :)

Kirko
03-05-2009, 09:48 PM

A couple of years ago I wrote up a comparative review on some old favourites of mine - which I know many people on this sub forum have read (sorry for the repetition). I thought I'd dig it up again, now that we have some more members with a taste for older school racquets.

I remember that !!!!!! Galain, like Virginia stated ; a total CLASSIC !!

Bud
03-05-2009, 11:53 PM

Did you ever get that Mag 90 restrung correctly at 14x18? :twisted:

joe sch
03-06-2009, 05:38 PM
You've been missing out Virginia! Do take it out for a spin.

I really need to give the mag a respin also. Im always hitting the classic old school graphites but very seldom take out any of the metals. The other rackets (rossi, max200g, kneissl ws) are right at the top of my all-time favorites and I really thought galain's review was outstanding. Id also like to take out a ps60, ultra, and POG to compare against those classics. As for metals, I really like the head AA models but they were almost more graphite with the boron between alum plates. As with all these old school classics, and especially the metals, I gotta have natural gut at a low tension to really enjoy the experience.

Cheers,
Joe

pshulam
03-07-2009, 06:56 AM

It was a great review of some of the rackets made in the 80s. Many of the follow-up posts were enjoyable to read.

galain
03-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Bud -she's all strung up proper-like now!

Virginia - The RX32 never belonged to me so I never had it in my hands long enough to give it an adequate matchup against anything else. The absolute 'best' tennis racquet I've ever used, together with the Mag 90 though. Not sure I'd call it a classic however. It's not that well known and was never used by anyone of note. I think there's a very god argument for the R22 to be a classic - but the 32 kicks it's butt in every way you can imagine.

plasma
03-14-2009, 03:54 AM
please, please, pretty please...what is the headsize on the RX 32?

Virginia
03-14-2009, 10:59 AM
90 si and almost identical head shape to the Pro Staff - graphite composite.

Bud
03-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Bud -she's all strung up proper-like now!

Virginia - The RX32 never belonged to me so I never had it in my hands long enough to give it an adequate matchup against anything else. The absolute 'best' tennis racquet I've ever used, together with the Mag 90 though. Not sure I'd call it a classic however. It's not that well known and was never used by anyone of note. I think there's a very god argument for the R22 to be a classic - but the 32 kicks it's butt in every way you can imagine.

Good deal! I think all the Prince 90's were 14x18.